PDA

View Full Version : Emma

nomad187
12-01-2011, 05:32 AM
Has anyone figured out what really makes Emma respawn her health?? Some say it's standing too close, but I've seen her health respawn when everyone was standing at the wall. I thought it was the group of faces. Avoid those, and it won't happen. However, after last night, I saw people get hit with the group of faces. They got knocked back, but no health respawn.

I think it's ridiculous that people are getting called out, booted, called noobs, or exhibit b, and there is there is no clear understanding of what causes the reset. Personally, I think it's just a random thing.

Any devs that would like to clear this up, and help keep the peace?? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I thought it was pretty funny when I saw one guild member call another guild member exhibit b. I'd never join a guild where they call each other out publicly. And this was one of the "top" guilds. Lol

Fatpigwarrior
12-01-2011, 05:47 AM
I think it is running out of room, that is what I've heard lately!!!

drewcapu
12-01-2011, 08:04 AM
It seems the other "rumor" is that she resets when particular skills are done during the small circle phase, instead of just sticking to auto attack.

tbh, I'd rather the being hit by group of faces (from the small circle) one be the "drain", if there was a legitimate drain at all.

nomad187
12-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Yep, I'd say it's gotta do with the faces, or it's just random. I once saw her show a red face. I didn't pay attention at the time to see if that corralated to her health respawn though.

Aikiebo
12-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Everything about Emma seems random to me. I have seen her regen 4 or 5 times with full groups, with a solo player - in fact with solo players of all three classes, with different combinations of skills, with people near the wall, near her, or running back tween her and wall tween the white ghosts.

I and others have been killed standing near her, standing at the wall, and standing out in the hallway a good 10 or 12 feet out in the hallway. She is definently doable, but it mainly, I guess just takes persistance. I wish there was some more definitive info.

I haven't done her a lot since the update that made fighting her more fun, because I have just been trying to take advantage of the November accelerated xp.

You can definently beat her, just seems real random.

Elyseon
12-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Im a tank and ive solo'd her once, no clue what it is but its quite annoying when those that say it standing close boot you, blaming u for the problem, its not as big a deal now that they weakened her some.
Theonly possibility i see is that its random

JSL
12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
If you see Emma regain health during a fight, and she was not leashed (a leash is when you run out of a room, or someone does, that she has aggro on) then you should report this in our bug section. Try to remember any steps that you can to re-produce the issue.

Emma does not have a life steal / regen mechanic in her fight and anything resulting in her doing that is either due to her resetting or a bug.

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Holy moly, I somehow knew deep down inside that it was a bug and not intended :)

+1 for moi!

JSL
12-01-2011, 12:27 PM
If you're certain it's not due to someone running out, and, you're comfortable it won't result in your death then attempt a re-pro.

If you're not comfortable with that; don't die. Instead, try to tell us via the bug forum page how we can re-pro.

Remember; Flip and Stamos die for YOU. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42720-JSL-s-Guide-to-Reporting-Bugs)

Chiuey
12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I've notice her full health regen was when I was duoing with my partner. Each time I die and come back, about five seconds later, she will regen to full health.

I tested again if it was true, and she did gain full health when I enter the room again. My partner did not die the whole time. I thought it was a bug and was a little upset and confused of how did she manage to gain health.

Leaving room meaning any deaths?

Aikiebo
12-01-2011, 12:44 PM
If you see Emma regain health during a fight, and she was not leashed (a leash is when you run out of a room, or someone does, that she has aggro on) then you should report this in our bug section. Try to remember any steps that you can to re-produce the issue.

Emma does not have a life steal / regen mechanic in her fight and anything resulting in her doing that is either due to her resetting or a bug.

Oh, my!! (Trying to think of some way Aunt Emma might have worded it, lol). Thank you for that info. Exactly what we needed. Thank you so much.

Yeah, it seems so random. Because there are times she doesn't regen at all. But then, under what seems like identical circumstances, she will regen 4 or 5 times, lol. Thanks again.

Can't wait to try again!

NECROREAPER
12-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh, my!! (Trying to think of some way Aunt Emma might have worded it, lol). Thank you for that info. Exactly what we needed. Thank you so much.

Yeah, it seems so random. Because there are times she doesn't regen at all. But then, under what seems like identical circumstances, she will regen 4 or 5 times, lol. Thanks again.

Can't wait to try again!

I've noticed this too, the first time I tried fighting her she regened about 7 time but every time I fought her after that she's never respawned.

Smurfy
12-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Although it appears to be a bug as mentioned, I do believe that there is something that triggers the bug rather than a random event. I've lvled a bird to 66 doing Emma runs half of the time, a pally to 66 doing Emma runs almost exclusively, and am about 1/4 of the way for a war bird doing Emma about 75% of the time. I haven't used my bear against her yet, so I can't speak on that. I am fairly certain that none of the bird skills are the trigger since I've been in a group of all brids and have used every offensive and debuffing bird skill on her where we stomped her down without a single regen everytime for about 2 hours of nonstop runs. With the mage, I've noticed that she regens at times when I use Weakness, but have had no problems with Nightmare or any other skills. The regen with Weakness could be due to the actions of other players, but there was one group I ran with for a few dozen runs where the regens stopped when Weakness was no longer used. In times where we smashed her without regen, there were times we were all lazy and hugged the wall and there were times where we went up close, just close enough for bird screams and Ice Storm for combos. We would swooped in to get off a single combo before retreating to a safe distance and waiting for the next wall to get close again. We ALWAYS avoided her initial wall attack, and did not attempt to get close when she was "dancing" and getting ready for that wall attack. When we're attacking in unison, moving close for that one opportunity right after her wall attack then away until she gets it off again, we have never had her regen. The key may be to stay away when she is dancing getting ready to fire off the first wall, then get far enough away after you get that first combo off and make sure you time it well and don't get greedy. What I believe I have ruled out.

1. All bird skills.
2. All mage skills other than Weakness.
3. Well timed and well exectued close up attacks.

Any other things we can rule out will likley be useful for the devs to figure out the trigger and provide a future fix.

nomad187
12-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Holy moly, I somehow knew deep down inside that it was a bug and not intended :)

+1 for moi!

Just out of curiosity, if you had a thought that it was a bug, why'd you call out one of your guild members last night?? "Exhibit B"

Fyrce
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
I have seen her regen w/o any deaths, near the beginning of when everyone goes in. I've seen her NOT regen when everyone's died, etc. I thought it was just a heal based off of one of her small circles but I'm not very sure about it.

Nonetheless, it's rare enough and she's easy enough to kill that it's not been a problem lately, if you can survive her that is. Most people should be able to survive her now, with a lot of pot spamming.

wvhills
12-01-2011, 02:05 PM

Why are you just saying this now? This has been talked about and discussed on the forums since day of mt fang release. Maybe it's something you guys should look into.

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Remember; Flip and Stamos die for YOU. [/URL]

Is this just in game?

JSL
12-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Why are you just saying this now? This has been talked about and discussed on the forums since day of mt fang release. Maybe it's something you guys should look into.

As much as I wish we could be, we're not omniscient. I've fought Emma -hundreds- of times and have not seen her do this to date. That's why it's important to get as much data as possible; the more data we get the more likely we are to re-produce the issue. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42720-JSL-s-Guide-to-Reporting-Bugs)

If you feel that we may have missed something; either in a forum post or elsewhere you can always send us a private message. Further, post in the technical and bug support forums.

Your feedback is invaluable in our mutual quest to obtain the best play experience possible.

That being said, we do not KNOW if this is or is not an actual bug. If a player dies and revives or runs back, but is outside of the "fight," it's possible that she might reset / leash. That's intentional.

Hence, data!

Let's start a thread in the PL bugs section and see if we can gather data from player experience. We've had some fantastic video footage as well as anecdotal information from players recently that really helps us knock bugs out of the park.

Is this just in game?

Indeed.

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Indeed.

Ooops. I guess I need to cancel that match I had lined up between you guys and Junior dos Santos Almeida... :D

JSL
12-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Let's post here and see what we can find out. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44184-Emma-may-be-healing-unintentionally.)

Udiemorenoob
12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Ok i guess all the times i used ice and then fire resulting in ema healing was purely coincidence lol:S this has happened probably a dozen times with me.... I can get her to almost to hp a few timesthen after the whole fight ice ice-fire combp and she healed

Fyrce
12-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Ok i guess all the times i used ice and then fire resulting in ema healing was purely coincidence lol:S this has happened probably a dozen times with me.... I can get her to almost to hp a few timesthen after the whole fight ice ice-fire combp and she healed

I'd like to see this confirmed because I have NOT seen this, with whole groups of mages including myself, all doing our combos. In fact, we think combos are the fastest way of taking her down.

And then how do you explain those times when she heals and no one has died or moved much or had a chance to do much of anything? Because she has healed near the beginning of fights, when she's barely scratched.

dudetus
12-01-2011, 05:05 PM
The regains are ONLY possible when Emma does that special thingy.

During that time some SKILLS trigger the regain. Those skills are:

Thorns made by Avians

Ices made by Enchantress

Somehow those skills cause the weird trigger that helps her regain her HP fully. This is concluded by the experience of tens of runs of Emma with no regains in a row.

Maybe it has something to do that both of these skills have 2 forms, other is for a single target and other is for several targets and they both stuck the enemies? Rly weird bug that is all I got to say.

CodyBearr
12-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm so confused by this boss, after update she went full health 5 times after getting her 50% and 25% beat which is way more then normally people tell me "don't use buffs" others say "don't use debuffs" others "only auto!" witch is horrible for me because I use sword and they say stay far away lol... Well I avoided this boss on my potless grind to 65 because of all this but now I just want to know haha

Help anyone??

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm so confused by this boss, after update she went full health 5 times after getting her 50% and 25% beat which is way more then normally people tell me "don't use buffs" others say "don't use debuffs" others "only auto!" witch is horrible for me because I use sword and they say stay far away lol... Well I avoided this boss on my potless grind to 65 because of all this but now I just want to know haha

Help anyone??

There is another thread where JSL explains that it is a bug with her leash.

Smurfy
12-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Both these skills have a short proximity, so you would have to be in fairly close range to make use of them. There have been times where she regens when all toons are sitting back using ranged attacks and not moving, so I'd rule out the bird and mage skills as the definitive trigger. This is speculation I've just thought of, but I think that the way you enter the room and engage her may be the trigger to wheather or not the healing will activate, and if it does, I think is it random. Time for me to get some testing done tonight after work!

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 05:21 PM
This: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44184-Emma-may-be-healing-unintentionally.

CodyBearr
12-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks stomp I will go take a look

zeusabe
12-02-2011, 03:38 AM
You guys should realize that the combination is practically infinite (for those who have better things to do in life). In a group of 5, where the possibility of three classes is a given variable, each can cast multiple spells at varying orders (in speed and timing), spells that are cast and that aren't cast (maybe in a group of 5 where two mages, one mage cast heal the other freeze, maybe both don't cast heal at all just use pots...), one member who leaves the room and sometimes two, sometimes three...sometimes none...not to mention if a party only consists of two...or maybe three and probably the two-playered party consists of a mage and a bird who casts nature strike and some may not, or probably two bears and one has bow and the other not bow...do you see my point? People will claim a certain combination or action triggers it, but in reality, anything that is identified as "not" a trigger can be claimed as a "potential" trigger which is close to a "practical" infinite (again, unless you're willing to spend time to create a permutation table for this...by all means). If we are going to do process of elimination, then good luck, tell me the result when I'm level 100 LoL. Just to share to this topic, I've seen everything posted in this forum and I can confidently say that none of the "potential" triggers is true as I have seen it done (or not done) yet emma regens hp (or not regen hp). Even the leash is improbable because I've been in parties where we're all in thrashers (maybe thrashers triggers it? :D) and we're all wacking away in close quarters the entire time and guess what, she healed not only once, not twice, but thrice...To the devs, Players aren't testers, it's really unique that you are asking us, players, to give you data when in fact data gathering should have been done prior to release, hence, beta versions, hence, game testers...saying that you do not have clear grasp of the alleged "bug" is like saying you don't really know what's going OMG I created a monster with a mind of its own. I mean no disrespect but not only am I a gamer, I'm also part of system where responsibilities are well delegated and I know this unknown "bug" is your responsibility and not the players' so rather than put the burden on players' inputs before doing anything at all, just admit it, you screwed up on emma period. Thanks.

Riccits
12-02-2011, 03:51 AM
definetly a bug imo... and actually its impossible to beat her without elix bcz of the random hp regens.. :/

im4broke
12-02-2011, 12:54 PM

I've got a question...is Emma on a room leash or radius?

wvhills
12-02-2011, 01:07 PM
the key is to not use your mana shield. She steals it and regains her health.

nomad187
12-02-2011, 01:48 PM

No, that isn't the issue. JSL stated the problem...

This should be fixed in the next update.

It *was* a problem with her leashing.

Please go the the link he started above.

Smurfy
12-02-2011, 01:52 PM
I think we just all need to be nice to the girl. She seems to have so much rage built up. Take her for a stroll down Forest Haven and and show her a good time at Nuri's Circus. She really is such a sweetheart!

Gaunab
12-02-2011, 02:33 PM

Ikr !!?! So obvious...

And you should also make sure to boot every player wearing big luck before fighting her, that these noobs can't steel your pinks :)

JSL
12-02-2011, 05:05 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44319-1.7.5-Content-Update-(74493)

Udiemorenoob
12-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Like i said, it must have been a coincedence. There were times i would use the combo and she woul'nt heal.

Battlelock
12-02-2011, 06:50 PM
definetly a bug imo... and actually its impossible to beat her without elix bcz of the random hp regens.. :/
This is furthest from the truth. I've beaten her countless times without anyone using elixirs. Beaten her with just my bear and a mage and my bear and a bird.
I've had countless runs where she has healed and countless where she hasn't healed.
I've been told it's beckon that heals her but I've used beckon every time & 1/2 the time she doesn't heal, so that's not it.

Riccits
12-03-2011, 06:48 AM
This is furthest from the truth. I've beaten her countless times without anyone using elixirs. Beaten her with just my bear and a mage and my bear and a bird.
I've had countless runs where she has healed and countless where she hasn't healed.
I've been told it's beckon that heals her but I've used beckon every time & 1/2 the time she doesn't heal, so that's not it.

:victorious: