PDA

View Full Version : Lv. 105 5v5 “Shadow Fight!” End of Cap Tournament idea!

Absolize
02-05-2019, 02:49 AM
ATTENTION:

I have made a poll with multiple choices of the style of Tournament I should host. On Saturday, February 10th, the poll with the most votes will be the official Tournament! I tried to put ones that the community suggested plus the 5v5. Make sure you vote!

Poll:

http://www.strawpoll.me/17388364/r

The rules and terms will be in the official tourney post coming soon after the poll is ended on the 10th, thank you everyone

synfullmagic_23110
02-05-2019, 02:53 AM
Sounds like a great idea I hope to see it become something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MageFFA
02-05-2019, 02:54 AM
Another Tourney would def revive the status of endgame and also prepare us for the upcoming cap. The function of Rhino being used to replace mage and fox being to replace bird is also a great idea. As for gear I could say this would be more balanced since the main complaint is always rhinos. Making rhinos use str instead of dex will make it so there is no unnecessary complaints about Dagger rhino chasing or Bow rhino nuking.

In other terms *COUNT ME IN*!

Absolize
02-05-2019, 03:18 AM
Sounds like a great idea I hope to see it become something

Another Tourney would def revive the status of endgame and also prepare us for the upcoming cap. The function of Rhino being used to replace mage and fox being to replace bird is also a great idea. As for gear I could say this would be more balanced since the main complaint is always rhinos. Making rhinos use str instead of dex will make it so there is no unnecessary complaints about Dagger rhino chasing or Bow rhino nuking.

In other terms *COUNT ME IN*!

Yes, I believe it’ll help revive the endgame community and I know the issue with rhinos from the last tournament was the Dex sets. So I’m trying to make it fair for everyone and keep this tourney as clean and smooth running as possible if it happens. Waiting on Cinco for the most part to see what he thinks as well as the community :)

Mine AGK
02-05-2019, 04:04 AM
I dont even play but id advise anyone who still pvp's at endgame to test how tanky rhinos are in teams. Id suggest banning both fox and rhino, but thats just me.

MageFFA
02-05-2019, 04:15 AM
I dont even play but id advise anyone who still pvp's at endgame to test how tanky rhinos are in teams. Id suggest banning both fox and rhino, but thats just me.

Str rhino is tanky but loses its momentum in team fights. Besides a team can either have a mage or a rhino on their team.

burntoutdex
02-05-2019, 04:39 AM
Goodluck, Hook :]

Waug
02-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Tourney to revive endgame pvp using the gear/class that those gear/class killed the endgame pvp in the first place, sounds perfect.

Hoplons
02-05-2019, 09:07 AM
Goodluck finding more than one team

NukeDragon
02-05-2019, 10:29 AM
I would personally enjoy a cap pvp tourney, I know you will have good intentions with the tourney. Let me know how everything turns out.

Hoplons
02-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Im 100% down, if we can find teams, cold and dissolver Wya?

NukeDragon
02-05-2019, 01:01 PM
I’m sure lots of apex will join in along with restoration, but I’ll let everyone speak for themselves.

Fwend
02-05-2019, 08:15 PM
I like the buzz regarding PVP tournaments. It makes that level of pvp more active and encourages pvpers back to the game.

I do wish you all the best of luck hosting and dealing with our colourful PVP community.

I will be promoting your tourney on PL Central Discord server owned by Walie, please feel free to join it and add me on discord. It helps participants get in contact with each other outside the game and forums.
https://discord.gg/mkv7rDV

Absolize
02-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! At first I wanna say, Sunflwer, thank you for promoting my tourney idea in the discord! I too believe it brings players back and brings the spark back to endgame. As for banning fox and rhino, unfortunately, I won’t be doing that considering the fact that people play those classes mainly and I don’t want people feeling left out. I made the team requirements as balanced as possible to keep foxes and rhinos in the mix but also keep the tourney fair and not a blow out. And as for not finding teams, especially if Cinco would be kind enough to sponsor it, I know players will want to get back into it. It’s something I believe to bring the players back to cap and have one last fun Tournament at Lv. 105 before the new cap comes (rumor is it will be soon). In general, I believe this will bring fun and buzz back to Cap PvP right as the new cap is coming! :)

Dolloway
02-06-2019, 08:50 AM
No thank you.

- enchantments
- game winning rng procs
- rhinos
- too many players to get on at once
- lots of people sold gear already
- lots of work, chaotic, big headache (see: Ghost's 5v5 tourney that so many people complained about)
- new cap incoming and it doesn't make sense to spend a ton on gear right now
- the new cap might roll out before the conclusion of this tournament ESPECIALLY if it's a 5v5 tourney that takes an awful lot of time to schedule and organize matches

So yeah, I'm out. My guild is pretty much inactive until the next cap too. Endgame pvp has been pretty much dead.

I'd advise someone to hold out and host an endgame tournament once the new cap rolls around. Right now it doesn't make much sense for me or others to join one.

fruitbattwo
02-06-2019, 10:44 AM
Just out of curiosity, what rumors have you heard about the new cap coming so soon?

Dolloway
02-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Just out of curiosity, what rumors have you heard about the new cap coming so soon?

Speculation based on information provided and PL historical trends.

Posted on January 9th:

Happy 2019!!

LEVEL CAP RAISES

New content! New items! New Achievements, Titles... and a whole lot more!

Level cap content is in progress for Arcane Legends (Level 75), Pocket Legends (Level 110), Star Legends (Level 60) and Dark Legends (Level 51). Arcane Legends and Pocket Legends level caps are in the design / planning stages currently. Star Legends and Dark Legends level cap content development is partially complete.

We hope to make further details (including features, content and possible release dates) available to you soon.

-- The Spacetime Development Team

It's been almost a month since this announcement, along with Cinco's other various teases on Discord where he's stated several of his potential plans for the level 110 cap. It usually takes Cinco several weeks to design cap content and test it out to make it 'perfect'.

The Mad Mages Maze was released on April 2nd. I believe we will receive a new cap by this time, unless Cinco decides to entirely go in a new direction and focus on fixing the game's tutorial, PVE flaws, enchantment system, etc. as many others have expressed need to be updated/fixed. The next event will probably be a Valentine's Day event later this month with a cap release at the end of next month, if I had to guess (once again, purely speculation).

Is that enough time to find at least 8 interested teams of 5 (40 players), gain sponsorship or acquire funding for prizes, and schedule so many 10 player games, especially if timezone or work/school schedules are so very different? Is Cinco willing to potentially delay the release of a new cap by a month if it means a tournament can conclude? These are all hypotheticals until Absolize actually gains sponsorship anyway.

plpr
02-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Tourney to revive endgame pvp using the gear/class that those gear/class killed the endgame pvp in the first place, sounds perfect.
Exactly what I was thinking.

JJXEJECT
02-06-2019, 04:01 PM
No thank you.

- enchantments
- game winning rng procs
- rhinos
- lots of work, chaotic, big headache (see: Ghost's 5v5 tourney that so many people complained about)
- the new cap might roll out before the conclusion of this tournament ESPECIALLY if it's a 5v5 tourney that takes an awful lot of time to schedule and organize matches

So yeah, I'm out. My guild is pretty much inactive until the next cap too. Endgame pvp has been pretty much dead.

I'd advise someone to hold out and host an endgame tournament once the new cap rolls around. Right now it doesn't make much sense for me or others to join one.

Cry

Dolloway
02-06-2019, 05:28 PM

Cry

What an educated response. I would expect nothing less from Apex.

Dolloway
02-06-2019, 06:44 PM
And before any other Apex member replies, I'll clarify: It's just Apex members who rarely use forums popping out of nowhere to state derogatory comments such as "cry" that make the guild look bad. I actually think there are quite a few considerate Apex players that I happen to call friends, but popping up to support Absolize/Hook with such trivial and derogatory comments certainly won't help him get his tournament off the ground, especially when you're commenting to my post that has valid concerns.

I even stated in my post that I believe a 5v5 tournament has the potential to be successfully hosted... when the level 110 cap rolls out. But as of right now, I don't think one will work because of the reasons I stated that will likely be fixed by next cap.

If Absolize/Hook truly does wish to host a 5v5 tourney right now, I would suggest a level 40 one. I know he and many other Apex members have twinks in this level range and 30-40 has consistently been the most popular level range for the last 6 months or so. In addition to this, a level 40 tourney has yet to be hosted (L.35 has been hosted, but 40 has not). Goodluck.

Fwend
02-06-2019, 07:06 PM
I do prefer the idea of a lower level tourney because of activity on game, but perhaps 2vs2 or 3vs3?
- Mage/Rhino
- Bird
- Bear/Fox
Classed based sets for that level of course and a rhino replacing a mage and fox for a bird.

5 Members in a team the scheduling becomes an issue and substitutes are required on match day.

Muzzling
02-06-2019, 08:52 PM
Forming an opinion off of what 1 member from apex said. I could say the same for restoration but we wont go there, the tournament sounds like a great idea and even if the new cap comes before the tournament is over it will get people in pvp while transitioning to 110. The time between caps os always so dead and many people quit because of it. Btw dollo try not to be so prejudice.

burntoutdex
02-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Forming an opinion off of what 1 member from apex said.

Who said this was the first occurrence of these types of comments?

Absolize
02-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Let’s not start with the drama. Keep it out of my thread if it’s drama involving my guild, and Dolloway, you don’t need to start being toxic because you don’t like Apex. If you don’t want to participate, don’t, I am by no means forcing anyone to play. A low level tournament would not be a bad idea, however, this tournament’s main purpose was to revive end game, not make twink PvP bigger than it already is. I want everyone to be active again for the new cap that will be sooner than we all expect. And as for the time frame, it will not be long. There will be a weeks time to get the matches done and if it came to a disqualification, the team that put forward the least amount of effort will be out and we will move on. With 8 teams, this tournament will be no longer than 1 month, and that’s a guarantee.

Dolloway
02-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Let’s not start with the drama. Keep it out of my thread if it’s drama involving my guild, and Dolloway, you don’t need to start being toxic because you don’t like Apex. If you don’t want to participate, don’t, I am by no means forcing anyone to play. A low level tournament would not be a bad idea, however, this tournament’s main purpose was to revive end game, not make twink PvP bigger than it already is. I want everyone to be active again for the new cap that will be sooner than we all expect. And as for the time frame, it will not be long. There will be a weeks time to get the matches done and if it came to a disqualification, the team that put forward the least amount of effort will be out and we will move on. With 8 teams, this tournament will be no longer than 1 month, and that’s a guarantee.

Your guildmate told me to "cry" after I offered constructive feedback. Somehow that gets glared over and I'm the 'toxic' one though. Funny.

JJXEJECT
02-06-2019, 10:08 PM
Your guildmate told me to "cry" after I offered constructive feedback. Somehow that gets glared over and I'm the 'toxic' one though. Funny.
I’m so sorry one word on the internet would make you go into your feelings. Could you ever forgive me? Now if you want to get educated, allow me to take you to school. First of all, your “constructive” feedback isn’t constructive at all when all you want is a twink tournament. Constructive would be providing ways to make THIS tournament work and not changing the format from what Hook originally planned for. Now I do agree with you with Apex members coming out of the blue on forums to make a simple comment, but c’mon, we’re rival guilds are we not? (Even though Apex demolishes EG) This leads to my second upbringing. How is my little comment going to make Apex look bad when we’ve been the most hated guild for years? And why are you so worried about our reputation in the first place? This right here is constructive feedback to you. Now to get on topic, this tournament idea is amazing Hook and I support you 100% bb

Absolize
02-06-2019, 10:28 PM
@Dolloway

Coming onto the thread bashing Apex because of a PvP Guild war, is indeed being toxic and unnecessary. You can’t just completely exclude 2 classes that have been in the game for years now because it’s not ‘original’. I’m not allowing Dex Rhino, which was the complaint in the last 5-5 Tournament. All classes will use class based gear. If you don’t want to participate, that’s fine too. But I will not exclude the classes or make rules to where they would be handicapped, or defeat the purpose of the class. Fox is high damage, low armor. Therefore, foxes will use dex in this tournament. Rhino is tanky support, therefore I won’t make it to where the classes have to use certain sets to handicap them. If necessary, I will consider allowing fox to use any set they desire or feel is best considering they’re the underpowered class, I’m making it as fair as possible without excluding players because they don’t play a certain 3 classes in the game.

@JJ

Thanks bb :)

Dolloway
02-06-2019, 11:26 PM
I’m so sorry one word on the internet would make you go into your feelings. Could you ever forgive me? Now if you want to get educated, allow me to take you to school. First of all, your “constructive” feedback isn’t constructive at all when all you want is a twink tournament. Constructive would be providing ways to make THIS tournament work and not changing the format from what Hook originally planned for. Now I do agree with you with Apex members coming out of the blue on forums to make a simple comment, but c’mon, we’re rival guilds are we not? (Even though Apex demolishes EG) This leads to my second upbringing. How is my little comment going to make Apex look bad when we’ve been the most hated guild for years? And why are you so worried about our reputation in the first place? This right here is constructive feedback to you. Now to get on topic, this tournament idea is amazing Hook and I support you 100% bb

I'm so sorry that my feedback would make you go to lengths to show up on forums that you rarely ever post on and tell me to "cry". That doesn't scream triggered at all when random Apex members who rarely post on forums show up out of nowhere to defend Hook by telling others to "cry"!

Nowhere in my original post did I even suggest a twink tournament, it was actually after the fact. Nor do I care if a twink tournament is actually held, it was merely a suggestion for a tournament that would gain far more support than just that of Apex.

Apparently your members are so concerned about my "making Apex look bad" statement since one of them personally messaged me on Discord to let me know that not every member is as rude as you.

@Dolloway

Coming onto the thread bashing Apex because of a PvP Guild war, is indeed being toxic and unnecessary. You can’t just completely exclude 2 classes that have been in the game for years now because it’s not ‘original’. I’m not allowing Dex Rhino, which was the complaint in the last 5-5 Tournament. All classes will use class based gear. If you don’t want to participate, that’s fine too. But I will not exclude the classes or make rules to where they would be handicapped, or defeat the purpose of the class. Fox is high damage, low armor. Therefore, foxes will use dex in this tournament. Rhino is tanky support, therefore I won’t make it to where the classes have to use certain sets to handicap them. If necessary, I will consider allowing fox to use any set they desire or feel is best considering they’re the underpowered class, I’m making it as fair as possible without excluding players because they don’t play a certain 3 classes in the game.

@JJ

Thanks bb :)

Telling someone to "cry" after posting valid feedback is also toxic and what started this. Also I like how you ask others to stop flaming but continue to do so yourself. Hypocritical.

JJXEJECT
02-06-2019, 11:47 PM
I’m cool as a cucumber bro so sorry If i don’t feel that type of way like how you mentioned. Now, talking about going to certain lengths, here you are doing just that just to reply to a “random” Apex member and especially when your a guild leader of a “class” based guild? I think that’s “funny”. What’s random actually is how all those kills in your PVP stat got there. Now I know for fact and even YOUR own guildies who shall remain nameless of course can agree on the same thing as they’ve messaged me the exact same thing before. But hey, it’s not your fault I guess so I’ll keep it civil here.

Dolloway
02-07-2019, 12:09 AM
I’m cool as a cucumber bro so sorry If i don’t feel that type of way like how you mentioned. Now, talking about going to certain lengths, here you are doing just that just to reply to a “random” Apex member and especially when your a guild leader of a “class” based guild? I think that’s “funny”. What’s random actually is how all those kills in your PVP stat got there. Now I know for fact and even YOUR own guildies who shall remain nameless of course can agree on the same thing as they’ve messaged me the exact same thing before. But hey, it’s not your fault I guess so I’ll keep it civil here.

Seems like it since you're wasting time on a forum you hardly post on just to tell someone to "cry" and then actually try to defend yourself with a very poor argument typed out in paragraph-form afterward. I also have zero idea what you mean by "class" based guild, but I know if one of my members was being a snob for no apparent reason I'd tell them to knock it off, as I have in the past. You also seem to have taken a liking to my pvp kills. Thank you! You should also like my pvp shields that I spent hours upon hours practicing and winning (two of which were in pvp tournaments where apex was involved where I ended up beating a few apex and another team who defeated apex 11-0...twice). I think you were in one of those tournaments too, right?

Absolize
02-07-2019, 12:34 AM
Seems like it since you're wasting time on a forum you hardly post on just to tell someone to "cry" and then actually try to defend yourself with a very poor argument typed out in paragraph-form afterward. I also have zero idea what you mean by "class" based guild, but I know if one of my members was being a snob for no apparent reason I'd tell them to knock it off, as I have in the past. You also seem to have taken a liking to my pvp kills. Thank you! You should also like my pvp shields that I spent hours upon hours practicing and winning (two of which were in pvp tournaments where apex was involved where I ended up beating a few apex and another team who defeated apex 11-0...twice). I think you were in one of those tournaments too, right?

You’re literally on this thread raging about someone telling you to cry. Must have really hurt your feelings, I know it’s very offensive.

MageFFA
02-07-2019, 12:40 AM
I'm failing to comprehend why this has anything to do with Guilds, Kills, Toxic Behavior, or ANY past tournament. This entire thread is here to ask what the community thinks of another105 PvP Tournement. Not what you/me/cinco/Trump thinks of Apex or restoration or any other distractions.

If anyone have a input on the idea of this tourney, please do share, if not don't reply.

Absolize
02-07-2019, 12:44 AM
I'm failing to comprehend why this has anything to do with Guilds, Kills, Toxic Behavior, or ANY past tournament. This entire thread is here to ask what the community thinks of another105 PvP Tournement. Not what you/me/cinco/Trump thinks of Apex or restoration or any other distractions.

If anyone have a input on the idea of this tourney, please do share, if not don't reply.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

burntoutdex
02-07-2019, 12:44 AM

Some of the input given unintentionally started a flamewar, unfortunately.

Dolloway
02-07-2019, 12:48 AM
You’re literally on this thread raging about someone telling you to cry. Must have really hurt your feelings, I know it’s very offensive.

And you're literally responding to my comment and calling me toxic because I called a reply to me that says "cry" uneducated, even though I followed up with clarification and then tried to provide more feedback on a tournament. You're quick to acknowledge my behaviour as "toxic" yet you won't say the same about your own guildmate because you're being hypocritical, which is very much a characteristic not suitable for that of a potential tournament host. How about stop being so hypocritical and acknowledge your guildmate is also being toxic?

Snacking
02-07-2019, 12:51 AM
And you're literally responding to my comment and calling me toxic because I called a reply to me that says "cry" uneducated, even though I followed up with clarification and then tried to provide more feedback on a tournament. You're quick to acknowledge my behaviour as "toxic" yet you won't say the same about your own guildmate because you're being hypocritical, which is very much a characteristic not suitable for that of a potential tournament host. How about stop being so hypocritical and acknowledge your guildmate is also being toxic?

Imagine being this offended over a three letter word.
Not to mention as having enough time to type multiple very long paragraphs about how it hurt your feelings.

What a man, dolloway.

burntoutdex
02-07-2019, 12:54 AM
Imagine being this offended over the word, “cry.”
As well as having enough time to type an essay about how he hurt your feelings with the word.

Imagine making an unthought out post in response to genuine criticism.

MageFFA
02-07-2019, 12:57 AM
Again. Lets stick to the topic of what this thread was created for and not act like children.

Snacking
02-07-2019, 12:57 AM
Imagine making an unthought out post in response to genuine criticism.
lllllll

Cry

plpr
02-07-2019, 01:14 AM
I vote for this not to take place at level 105 proc pvp.

NukeDragon
02-07-2019, 01:29 AM
If we can just focus on what the thread was meant for then we can move forward.

I would like for some ideas to actually be heard that some may have.

fruitbattwo
02-07-2019, 01:41 AM
You can always tell how well a tourney holds up by how soon the drama starts. Looks like this one’s history....

NukeDragon
02-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Well let’s stop talking about the drama and move on. I would love to hear any ideas others may have, which is the purpose of this thread.

Fwend
02-07-2019, 01:15 PM
End game lvl 105

Classic class based 3v3 best out of 5 matches? First to win 3.

Healer: Mage or rhino - Intelligence gear
Damage: Bird or Fox - dexterity gear
Tank: Bear - Strength gear

That's the most fairest way I feel any tourney can be.

All three classes and all three types of gear used in a team.

I understand our host prefers Rhino class to use Strength gear but again it is debatable how over powered rhino class is in any other gear than intelligence. Even with int gear the procs are amazing.

Please note this is a suggestion only and we all need to help, support and respect the tourney host decisions. If you want Cinco to sponsor this. DRAMA does not gain any support from STS ever.

Mine AGK
02-07-2019, 02:29 PM
As i said. Str Rhinos are extremely tanky in teams. They are terrible solo which is exactly why hook was switching between dex and str throughout L105 cap. Those who are pushing this forward without seeing how broken tanky str rhinos are in teams are not taking precautions to apex trying to create a tournament to suite their fancy. Ironic enough the host plays rhino ;)

Absolize
02-07-2019, 03:25 PM

Someone who is trolling and someone being toxic is two different things. He said “Cry” I didn’t see nothing about him bashing Restoration as a whole not once until you brought up guilds. “I expect nothing less from Apex”, you came here intentionally to bash and be a fire starter, it’s clear.

Idevour
02-07-2019, 04:24 PM
If a 5v5 is going to work there cannot be 2-3 str sets per team.
My opinion:
Mage/rhino int gear
Fox/bird dex gear
Bear str gear
Also i would suggest only allowing 1 talon set per team or not allow them at all since they give 8 seconds of invinsibility.

I am all for a endgame tournament, but i would think a 3v3 or 2v2 would be a better option if you want to have the matches done quickly.

Those are my thoughts on it do with that as you will

GTS
02-07-2019, 05:21 PM
lmao this thread is too funny

u remember the last time apex tried hosting tourney with muzzling

muzzling canceled tourney when apex friends didnt get their way and ended up screwing jun and haxur out of shields:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?426706-35-2v2-tourney!!!

u gonna do the same thing hook? LOL

tourney should be hosted by dev not player who is biased and shady and rigs tourney i would never trust muzzling or his friends to ever host another tourney

MageFFA
02-07-2019, 05:23 PM
As i said. Str Rhinos are extremely tanky in teams. They are terrible solo which is exactly why hook was switching between dex and str throughout L105 cap. Those who are pushing this forward without seeing how broken tanky str rhinos are in teams are not taking precautions to apex trying to create a tournament to suite their fancy. Ironic enough the host plays rhino ;)

You've obviously never played rhino as long as we have so I'll have to say you're aboslulety wrong AND ignorant. The rules clearly state that rhino/foxes are to replace the following classes, Birds for Foxes and Mages for rhinos. With those rules we see that this tourney is clearly in favor for the team that sticks to O.G classes simply because rhinos can't hold up in team fights like mages. Example Rhinos have a 5second heal delay while mages have a 3 second heal delay. Rhinos also rev at a much slower pace compared to mage and doesn't have any AoE damage that can keep players at bay off their teammates.

Word of advise. play the class before humiliating yourself with ignorant statements such as this. Oh and stay on topic of this thread and keep your hate to yourself.

MageFFA
02-07-2019, 05:26 PM
lmao this thread is too funny

u remember the last time apex tried hosting tourney with muzzling

muzzling canceled tourney when apex friends didnt get their way and ended up screwing jun and haxur out of shields:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?426706-35-2v2-tourney!!!

u gonna do the same thing hook? LOL

tourney should be hosted by dev not player who is biased and shady and rigs tourney i would never trust muzzling or his friends to ever host another tourney

Stay on topic or don't post at all on this thread. This is here to raise awareness for a 105 PvP tourney before the next cap, not a childish hate coalition.

GTS
02-07-2019, 05:28 PM
yeah well dev can host then not shady player

that my suggestion

MageFFA
02-07-2019, 05:30 PM
yeah well dev can host then not shady player

that my suggestion

Your suggestion has nothing to do with this thread so keep it to yourself please.

GTS
02-07-2019, 05:34 PM
has lots to do with thread

i want dev hosted tourney not shady host that make rules for his own advantage and claim they fair when community aint even agree

host not listening

Mine AGK
02-07-2019, 05:35 PM
You've obviously never played rhino as long as we have so I'll have to say you're aboslulety wrong AND ignorant. The rules clearly state that rhino/foxes are to replace the following classes, Birds for Foxes and Mages for rhinos. With those rules we see that this tourney is clearly in favor for the team that sticks to O.G classes simply because rhinos can't hold up in team fights like mages. Example Rhinos have a 5second heal delay while mages have a 3 second heal delay. Rhinos also rev at a much slower pace compared to mage and doesn't have any AoE damage that can keep players at bay off their teammates.

Word of advise. play the class before humiliating yourself with ignorant statements such as this. Oh and stay on topic of this thread and keep your hate to yourself.

Its irrelevant to what it replaces. Even if it replaces a mage, rhinos in str gear IN teams where you have DEBUFFS galore. You will have a hard time killing a tank/healer class combined with a mage healer. Ive gone over it many time since 105 cap began. I dont have to play the class to explain how tanky it is in teams.

MageFFA
02-07-2019, 05:36 PM

i want dev hosted tourney not shady host that make rules for his own advantage and claim they fair when community aint even agree

host not listening

Actually you're doing the opposite of what you're trying to imply.
1. Last time the devs hosted a tourney was in 2015-2016 during the 66 tourney. That was 3 years agao and is off topic
2. None of what you said had anything to do with the topic of a 105 Tourney. Instead it's childish bashing because you don't like a player. Also off topic.
3. You're off topic.

Mine AGK
02-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Its irrelevant to what it replaces. Even if it replaces a mage, rhinos in str gear IN teams where you have DEBUFFS galore. You will have a hard time killing a tank/healer class combined with a mage healer. Ive gone over it many time since 105 cap began. I dont have to play the class to explain how tanky it is in teams.

If you want to make it a 3v3 and not a 5v5 and allow rhinos to be used replacing mage, by all means no one would have a problem with that. Obviously people have a problem with rhino because its broken. Its been said over and over again in nearly every 105 tourney aside from the honor arena one. The fact that youre from apex exposes the fact that you have explicitly made this tourney to benefit rhinos. Try again. So glad im off this game lol

MageFFA
02-07-2019, 05:41 PM

At the same time the team doesn't have a ACTUAL HEALER. Rhinos now are brutes that tank but barely does that good. If you knew anything you'd have known that rhinos have lower base health than mages making them easier to kill compared to bear. If you couldn't adapt to finding ways of countering the class then it's just your fault. I've played both sides and not once have I complained outside of what 17 rhinos and pure stat rhinos was.

JJXEJECT
02-07-2019, 05:41 PM

host not listening

I got Dollotism reading this.

Mine AGK
02-07-2019, 05:47 PM

At the same time the team doesn't have a ACTUAL HEALER. Rhinos now are brutes that tank but barely does that good. If you knew anything you'd have known that rhinos have lower base health than mages making them easier to kill compared to bear. If you couldn't adapt to finding ways of countering the class then it's just your fault. I've played both sides and not once have I complained outside of what 17 rhinos and pure stat rhinos was.

This is a 5V5 not a 3v3. Its a problem in a 5v5 but in a 3v3 the rhino stands less of a chance due to not having the mage to back it up. Still even eith another str class on the team (I.E bear) thats 2 tanks and 1 dps with one of the tanks being a healer.

GTS
02-07-2019, 05:49 PM
This is a 5V5 not a 3v3. Its a problem in a 5v5 but in a 3v3 the rhino stands less of a chance due to not having the mage to back it up. Still even eith another str class on the team (I.E bear) thats 2 tanks and 1 dps with one of the tanks being a healer.

this is one prob with tourney but host plays rhino and wont admit rhino broke this cap

MageFFA
02-07-2019, 05:56 PM

I don't think you've been paying attention. Rhino REPLACES MAGE. Meaning you can either have a mage on your team as your healer or a rhino on your team as a healer. That makes a major difference in PvP fights. I've done rhino longer than most here active on PL to know how much of a downfall that combination is.

The rhino will not be able to keep constant heals to keep off HS/Roots/Nightmare and Weakness/Fox howl/Darts/SMS stun/Frost and ice storm. Not only will it have to work overtime to keep the constant Debuffs off but it will also have to keep the birds or foxes full HP as much as possible. The entire thing will just be the other team attacking all the damage classes before going to finish the rhino.

On top of that Rhinos will be using Str Set instead of dex. Tankyness with no damage output on tempest or Juiced combo(which was nerfed by 15% burying the class in twink) so this is also a downfall.

Still off topic.

Mine AGK
02-07-2019, 06:22 PM

I don't think you've been paying attention. Rhino REPLACES MAGE. Meaning you can either have a mage on your team as your healer or a rhino on your team as a healer. That makes a major difference in PvP fights. I've done rhino longer than most here active on PL to know how much of a downfall that combination is.

The rhino will not be able to keep constant heals to keep off HS/Roots/Nightmare and Weakness/Fox howl/Darts/SMS stun/Frost and ice storm. Not only will it have to work overtime to keep the constant Debuffs off but it will also have to keep the birds or foxes full HP as much as possible. The entire thing will just be the other team attacking all the damage classes before going to finish the rhino.

On top of that Rhinos will be using Str Set instead of dex. Tankyness with no damage output on tempest or Juiced combo(which was nerfed by 15% burying the class in twink) so this is also a downfall.

Still off topic.

You must be either im guessing? Read the post? Its a 5v5 not a 3v3

MageFFA
02-07-2019, 06:31 PM
You must be either im guessing? Read the post? Its a 5v5 not a 3v3

I've already said that?

Irishcow
02-07-2019, 06:31 PM
I got Dollotism reading this.

YUS keep it going. That's what this thread is about!

burntoutdex
02-07-2019, 06:33 PM
YUS keep it going. That's what this thread is about!

grow up.

8+3

Irishcow
02-07-2019, 06:42 PM
grow up.

8+3

Is the answer 83?

Mine AGK
02-07-2019, 06:56 PM

Still off topic.

I've already said that?

So its irrelavent to say that the rhino soley can heal off all the debuffs but if you include the mage, it can. The rhino nerf is irrelavent to this conversation. The whole point is that the rhino with str set is ridiculously tanky in teams. This is due to the combination of debuffs and heals. This is why i smashed all str rhinos at this cap with mage. They are complete garbage solo. With teams they can take alot more damage. They stand more of an advantage vs a 2 mage team. A rhino added to a team in a 5v5 is essentially adding another tank with the capability of healing.

Absolize
02-07-2019, 07:47 PM
This thread is full of people raging and it’s honestly a joke. I’m trying to make this tourney happen for the fun of it and am in NO WAY trying to give myself an advantage. The team layouts aren’t changing unless I feel there is a better way to go about a 5v5. I won’t force people who play rhino to use an INT set just because other people want to use 2 mages, there’s an opinion to use 2 mages or one mage and one rhino, it’s not like my team is the only one allowed a rhino, if you don’t like it, have a rhino on your team. Stop arguing on this thread, if you wanna participate by all means do it. Everyone who played this game faithfully like myself in 2011+ we are at least 18 years of age now. You people honestly need to grow up. I have to say I haven’t seen any more grown men and women act like pure CHILDREN anywhere else besides the PL community. This is why the game goes in active, thanks to the immaturity of this community. Stop arguing it does nothing.

fruitbattwo
02-07-2019, 07:59 PM
105 is tragically unbalanced. You want to come to 110.

Absolize
02-07-2019, 08:55 PM
UPDATE:

Check the original post.

Idevour
02-07-2019, 09:48 PM
Does the link not work on mobile devices?

XghostzX
02-07-2019, 09:50 PM
This thread is full of people raging and it’s honestly a joke.

A PL tourney isn't a tourney without it these days honestly, lol.

burntoutdex
02-07-2019, 10:03 PM
Does the link not work on mobile devices?

It should. Try removing the /r :)

Absolize
02-07-2019, 10:04 PM
A PL tourney isn't a tourney without it these days honestly, lol.

Sadly, now I see what you deal with.

Waydog
02-08-2019, 12:31 AM
Tournaments are hard.

Don’t be discouraged. :-)

Flacs
02-08-2019, 12:59 AM
Let’s not start with the drama. Keep it out of my thread if it’s drama involving my guild, and Dolloway, you don’t need to start being toxic because you don’t like Apex.

Oh really, so funny to hear that from you. First of all, learn to respect others in the game, learn to talk nicely. Whats that hypocrisy? You literally trash talk every time i see you in the game, then you come up with tournament thread and ask people not to be toxic? And hows he toxic? Please tell me, because i dont see anything.

I can agree with everything what dollo said, not cuz hes my friend or something, just cuz its facts. This cap is pretty bad for pvp cuz of random factor and also chants. Theres tons of constructive feedback about this caps pvp. Stop relying on random, you have lost honor tournament first round to twink pvpers, so you again need another tournament where random matters.

And other mature guy comes up with "cry", thinks hes so good troll. it just shows that you are still under aged and gives others spanish facepalms. Dont come to forums if you have nothing constructive to say, thanks.

NukeDragon
02-08-2019, 01:10 AM
Flacs man we have moved on from this, please stop with the drama by not saying anything about what’s happened in the past. Let’s move on and continue to discuss the tourney and not our differences. Please and thank you.

Flacs
02-08-2019, 01:12 AM
Flacs man we have moved on from this, please stop with the drama by not saying anything about what’s happened in the past. Let’s move on and continue to discuss the tourney and not our differences. Please and thank you.

Another hypocrisy, then why did u guys even start to troll? Lol
I said my opinion about this tournament, please read my reply once again.
Have a nice Day!

Draebatad
02-08-2019, 01:16 AM

I vote for this not to take place at level 105 proc pvp.

No thank you.

- enchantments
- game winning rng procs
- rhinos

You can always tell how well a tourney holds up by how soon the drama starts. Looks like this one’s history....

105 is tragically unbalanced. You want to come to 110.

^ I completely agree with all of the above feedback.

Going forward, in the interest of a fair and impartial host and in a tourney being managed with honesty and integrity, whenever STS is sponsoring prizes, only STS staff should be allowed to fill the role of tournament host. STS could tap members of the community to handle trivial administrative tasks throughout the duration of tournaments they are sponsoring, but anything that could effect the outcome, including the tourney rules, number of teams, team assignments, byes and disqualifications, should be limited only to being decided and carried out by STS staff.

http://www.pocketlegendsreborn.com/downloads/brosig.jpg (http://pocketlegendsreborn.com)
Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! (http://pocketlegendsreborn.com) /// PL Party Zone Discord Server (https://discord.gg/crkUCUx)

Absolize
02-08-2019, 01:23 AM
^ I completely agree with all of the above feedback.

Going forward, in the interest of a fair and impartial host and in a tourney being managed with honesty and integrity, whenever STS is sponsoring prizes, only STS staff should be allowed to fill the role of tournament host. STS could tap members of the community to handle trivial administrative tasks throughout the duration of tournaments they are sponsoring, but anything that could effect the outcome, including the tourney rules, number of teams, team assignments, byes and disqualifications, should be limited only to being decided and carried out by STS staff.

http://www.pocketlegendsreborn.com/downloads/brosig.jpg (http://pocketlegendsreborn.com)
Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! (http://pocketlegendsreborn.com) /// PL Party Zone Discord Server (https://discord.gg/crkUCUx)

Says a lot for someone who doesn’t pvp.

Draebatad
02-08-2019, 01:28 AM
Says a lot for someone who doesn’t pvp.

There is no way for you to know or not if I PvP LOL! I have many alts. That being said, I stand by my support of those who have spoken out and also by what I have said about STS sponsored tourneys. Cheers!

JJXEJECT
02-08-2019, 01:30 AM
175164[/QUOTE]

The fact that you screenshot these kills me 😂😂😂💀 Hook lmfao I miss you, be back soooon.

JJXEJECT
02-08-2019, 01:35 AM
There is no way for you to know or not if I PvP LOL! I have many alts. That being said, I stand by my support of those who have spoken out and also by what I have said about STS sponsored tourneys. Cheers!

I’m pretty sure the whole game knows you don’t pvp Mr. 24/7 idle yet online at the same time.

Absolize
02-08-2019, 02:06 AM

The fact that you screenshot these kills me 😂😂😂💀 Hook lmfao I miss you, be back soooon.[/QUOTE]

💀💀 see ya soon buddy

Fwend
02-08-2019, 02:46 AM
Its a shame each that many pvp threads always have drama in them.

Any PvP tournaments now are player hosted. And Cinco shows support and sponsors the tourney when he thinks the tournament itself and the host receives interest and support from our PL community.

But each and every time, pvp personal guild vendettas come out of the wood work and hate spews out.

Even when players know they will not enter the tournament itself, they still choose to create drama and derail the tourney thread.

I do feel genuine sympathy for any PvP Tourney host for our PL PvP community. I only wished players could provide feedback and not make drama, stick to the thread and just try for once to support the host no matter which guild they are from.

Draebatad
02-08-2019, 03:09 AM
What tourney? There is no tourney. This is a thread created asking for feedback about a possible tourney, of which ample feedback has been given. Feedback does not equate to "drama" in the real world. And saying that feedback is drama is drama in and of itself IMHO. Lots of good feedback indeed, which STS should pay close attention to.

Absolize
02-08-2019, 05:07 AM
Its a shame each that many pvp threads always have drama in them.

Any PvP tournaments now are player hosted. And Cinco shows support and sponsors the tourney when he thinks the tournament itself and the host receives interest and support from our PL community.

But each and every time, pvp personal guild vendettas come out of the wood work and hate spews out.

Even when players know they will not enter the tournament itself, they still choose to create drama and derail the tourney thread.

I do feel genuine sympathy for any PvP Tourney host for our PL PvP community. I only wished players could provide feedback and not make drama, stick to the thread and just try for once to support the host no matter which guild they are from.

Thank you, yes it is a shame. I know half of the players who spread drama are here just to bash. Comes with hosting a tourney I guess, oh well.

Flacs
02-08-2019, 05:36 AM
Thank you, yes it is a shame. I know half of the players who spread drama are here just to bash. Comes with hosting a tourney I guess, oh well.

Its a shame to be such hypocritical person as you. You should have been banned long time ago for name buying and trash talking&cyber bullying in game. Stop pretending to be nice guy, we all know who you are.

MageFFA
02-08-2019, 07:14 AM
So its irrelavent to say that the rhino soley can heal off all the debuffs but if you include the mage, it can. The rhino nerf is irrelavent to this conversation. The whole point is that the rhino with str set is ridiculously tanky in teams. This is due to the combination of debuffs and heals. This is why i smashed all str rhinos at this cap with mage. They are complete garbage solo. With teams they can take alot more damage. They stand more of an advantage vs a 2 mage team. A rhino added to a team in a 5v5 is essentially adding another tank with the capability of healing.

Pay attention I clearly said that rhinos heal is 5seconds. It can heal off delay but at a super slow pace. play the class before humiliating yourself on forum. In 5 seconds both of the damage classes on rhinos team will be wiped out or low from no heals during said delay.

MageFFA
02-08-2019, 07:17 AM
Oh really, so funny to hear that from you. First of all, learn to respect others in the game, learn to talk nicely. Whats that hypocrisy? You literally trash talk every time i see you in the game, then you come up with tournament thread and ask people not to be toxic? And hows he toxic? Please tell me, because i dont see anything.

I can agree with everything what dollo said, not cuz hes my friend or something, just cuz its facts. This cap is pretty bad for pvp cuz of random factor and also chants. Theres tons of constructive feedback about this caps pvp. Stop relying on random, you have lost honor tournament first round to twink pvpers, so you again need another tournament where random matters.

And other mature guy comes up with "cry", thinks hes so good troll. it just shows that you are still under aged and gives others spanish facepalms. Dont come to forums if you have nothing constructive to say, thanks.

How hypocritical of you. Says don't say anything if it's not constructive yet here you are disowning someone on a thread that revolves around a tourney.

Grow up.

Spullllll
02-08-2019, 07:21 AM
I venture to say that this tourney is over before it started

Flacs
02-08-2019, 07:33 AM
How hypocritical of you. Says don't say anything if it's not constructive yet here you are disowning someone on a thread that revolves around a tourney.

Grow up.

Another teenager telling me to grow up? I said my opinion about host and about tournament, do i need to QUOTE what i said? Ill say once again - pointless to host another tourney which based on RANDOM PROCS and CHANTS. Or for you its not enough?
I wouldnt say anything, but host is trolling since start, so are his buddies. No need to jump on me, re read thread plz.

xzLegendszx
02-08-2019, 07:34 AM
I prefer 3v3 in Level 40.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

MageFFA
02-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Another teenager telling me to grow up? I said my opinion about host and about tournament, do i need to QUOTE what i said? Ill say once again - pointless to host another tourney which based on RANDOM PROCS and CHANTS. Or for you its not enough?
I wouldnt say anything, but host is trolling since start, so are his buddies. No need to jump on me, re read thread plz.

No you went straight to bash a host instead of focusing entirely on the tourney. The thread Clearly said hosting a 5v5 PvP Tourney. Not complain about procs or enchants or host. Grow up or don't reply at all if we wanted to talk about how trash endgame is we'd just start another thread bashing 105 even more.

Waydog
02-08-2019, 09:46 AM
So I have read through all of this thread, and all I am seeing are a bunch of adults acting like children because someone stated their opinion. This thread wasn’t even an official tournament, it was just an idea.

Dolloway has very valid reasons for this tournament not being a good idea. Telling him to, “cry,” was done 100% in effort to start a fight, he wasn’t complaining, only trying to help, as he has been the host of tournaments in the past.

What if the cap was released mid-tourney? Do you expect people to halt their leveling just to participate? Is endgame active enough to find at least 40 players with sets that are willing to enter? Do you really want to deal with 40 people nagging you because they can’t decide a time during this dead period of the game? Do people want to spend money enchanting their sets right before the sets all lose value at the next cap? Please take these questions into consideration. Thank you.

Now, I think that a level 40 3v3 honor tournament would be a great idea because level 40 is a low enough level that people can easily level new toons to it and participate (if they don’t have any) and honor gear is only 30k. Personally, I think it would be fun having another tournament with endgame players at level 40, just like me and 2 of my twink friends went to level 105 to participate in the honor tourney hosted by Dolloway.

Honor tournaments have been successful in the past because of the balance. Every class has the same set and no one can rely on their enchanted items to make them stronger/better than anyone else.

Thanks for reading and understanding. Good luck.

Cinco
02-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Consider an Honor Gear tourney.

Closing thread.