PDA

View Full Version : Ask a "Stargaurd/GoA" tips and tricks to be one :p

octavos
12-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Im Ghost, a proud STS player. by helping ppl in-game and out of game brings this community together. We all want to have fun right?
this guide will list what I and other "SG's" have done, this is by no means a "how to guide" but a guide for you to open up your ideas.

** Simplify put (Thz Xaphan Fox)**
1- Be a loving person to all those around you cause you wanna be a loving/helpful person without seeking a reward for your deeds.
2- See above.

So you want a badge? do you help people? are you fun to play with?
We all love fun players, and an "SG" has to be a rule follower and leader. Do you have what it takes?

Im creating this to help you on your way to be a "SG" I'll break up these points because well they are vague and hard to understand.
Im providing insights and how you can be one too.

p.s.
I will also need the other "SG/GoA" input also, so is to direct prospective players to the proper thread. :p

**YOUR IDEA GUIDE***

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.
-Bug Reports to devs on forums under "Technical Issues and Bugs" sections
-If someone in-game is new...give them a tour :p
-Create a useful guide (EG: how to kill a boss, how to gain XP, how to gain gold/credits legitimately, ect...)
-Encourage and support. Help ppl, so they can return a favor.
-If you know of a exploit, PM a Dev on forums... or http://support.spacetimestudios.com

• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.
-Try to be a helpful person "A supportive parent so-to-speak"
-Try to defuse a fight in-game and in forums...dont add fuel to the fire.
-See all points of the argument, help the person become less agressive
-Use Ignore/mute button...its your best friend. (if all else fails...REPORT)

• Helping to other users on the Spacetime Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com.
-This a great place to really help, Signup and if you know the answer....Don't be shy, help :D
-People on facebook and other social media have questions, help there also.
-Maybe you got a idea? maybe your plat didn't process? maybe your phone isn't compatible? help ppl who do have this issue to use this function.

• Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.
-Goto forums regularly. If something is "AWSOME!" go in-game and spread the word. (EG: PvP is coming, i believe lots of ppl would like to know about this)
-Theres a contest, ppl just standing around Blackstar, hummm maybe they want to join in on the fun :D
-Provide an idea for a event. Devs need your help too....Devs cant read your mind lol.....(well they try)
-Host/help host giveaway, who dont like free stuff :p

• Being visible, helpful, and constructive.
-Doing most if not all of the above, you will get this no problem.

Thx for reading. maybe this will help clarify what you can do to inprove your chances at becoming a "Stargaurd/GoA"
See you in the ranks my friends
-Ghost

V1.0-creation of guide
1.1 addded Xaphan Fox and Bod Edits

Elyseon
12-01-2011, 11:39 AM
I think its made more as a surprise reward

Giving a how to get this cool shield thing will result in a lack of genuine results.
Sts has already explain what it is, ppl can look there if they want to see what it is

octavos
12-01-2011, 11:44 AM

Giving a how to get this cool shield thing will result in a lack of genuine results.
Sts has already explain what it is, ppl can look there if they want to see what it is

"Vague" this is more of a detailed list. to help. nothing more. but yes....they can look there too.

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Nice guide/tips buddy :)

Is it possible to change the 1st Letter after the - to a capital, bugs me when some are and some aren't :p (Yes I'm a perfectionist :p)

Also this part,

-If you know of a exploit, PM a Dev...use forums or http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Did you mean don't use the forums? I wouldn't condone posting threads on the forum regarding exploits, you are trying to minimalize (not a word i know :p) the damage it could possibly cause :)

Basically you need to find your own method, and the easiest way you can have the maximum effect while helping others ;)

Quite a valid point, but I do feel this may help others, esp the ones that constantly post the 1 billion question, "How do I become a SG", hopefully this is more of an awareness thread than anything :)

Kahlua
12-01-2011, 12:01 PM

Agreed, this seems like a repeat of the dev's thread.
Seems the real tips and tricks to be one (for most that is) is too try way to hard and be a supermod for a month and then go 'inactive,' in one way or another, once the goal is achieved.

Not saying this is true for you, Ghost. Just saying.

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Agreed, this seems like a repeat of the dev's thread.

As you can see below, that Ghost hasn't tried to hide the fact that this info can be found on the Official Announcement thread all points were copied.

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.

• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.

• Helping to other users on the Spacetime Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com.

• Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.

• Being visible, helpful, and constructive.

However, this should cancel out most of the questions on that thread, a little more insight or ways to do the above.

Kahlua
12-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah but still...this encourages people to go out and be annoyingly helpful just for the sake of becoming a Star Guard. Don't get me wrong, it's a great gesture of Ghost to spend his time typing this up to help people...but you know very well this is going to lead to "I did everything on the check list and I'm not a SG what the hell?!?!" In truth there isn't really a guide to becoming a SG...I hope the devs can determine the difference between people trying too hard for a reward and those who are just trying to better the community.

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
but you know very well this is going to lead to "I did everything on the check list and I'm not a SG what the hell?!?!"

LOL! Think that ship has long sailed, lol, SG encourages that just being there without even trying though that wasn't/Isn't its intention.

In truth there isn't really a guide to becoming a SG...I hope the devs can determine the difference between people trying too hard for a reward and those who are just trying to better the community.

Very well said :) and I'm also hoping this too ;) As previously said, the members that are generally bettering the community without 'Over doing it' are the members you will see if given the chance as SG are going to be there for the long haul so to speak ;)

octavos
12-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah but still...this encourages people to go out and be annoyingly helpful just for the sake of becoming a Star Guard. Don't get me wrong, it's a great gesture of Ghost to spend his time typing this up to help people...but you know very well this is going to lead to "I did everything on the check list and I'm not a SG what the hell?!?!" In truth there isn't really a guide to becoming a SG...I hope the devs can determine the difference between people trying too hard for a reward and those who are just trying to better the community.

Id rather them be annoyingly helpful, then be rude. this is more like bod has stated. to clarify what to do in each bullet point. but if you really want to be a "Sg" devs know who is helpful and who isnt :p

-EDIT-
"I did everything on the check list and I'm not a SG what the hell?!?!"
this isn't a check list, but it does highlight what ppl can do to improve there chances.

as for me as an EG: I wasn't able to create a guide, and still became a "SG" so theres always a chance if you cant do one thing, you can do another.

Kahlua
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Missed the checklist sarcasm completely huh? lol

Elyseon
12-01-2011, 01:05 PM
People who are going out of their way to be a SG/GoA doent really deserve the title in my opinion, its for those who have greatly contributed to the comunity and will continue doing so whether the get a fancy shield or not

Xaphan Fox
12-01-2011, 01:11 PM
SG is a joke. It is a wonderful idea in theory, and I completely love STS for attempting this program, but:

Other than a core few in SL, most of the SG are vile and power hungry, using it for epeen growth, or they get SG and then disappear.

I would love a dev to interact with some of the more prominent Starguards without the red name. When they don't know your a dev, see how they treat you. You'd be surprised.

SG: a status symbol for the power hungry and sycophantic.

Sure there are good SG who work diligently, but human nature is human nature. It is obvious the type of people this reward would summon. When I see a SG in game, I tend to walk the other way.

I get enough inflated egos irl.

Woof...

Testament - Winner Engineer
Sparkling Pwnies

octavos
12-01-2011, 01:12 PM
People who are going out of their way to be a SG/GoA doent really deserve the title in my opinion, its for those who have greatly contributed to the comunity and will continue doing so whether the get a fancy shield or not

Correct, i dont dispute that. this is for the few or many that dont know what there doing. This list can be a starting point for many.

Xaphan Fox
12-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Here's my list on how to get starguard:

1- Be a loving person to all those around you cause you wanna be a loving/helpful person without seeking a reward for your deeds.

2- See above.

Should follow this list irl too.

octavos
12-01-2011, 01:18 PM

2- See above.

Ill add your idea, thz bud :P

Elyseon
12-01-2011, 01:21 PM

2- See above.

Perfect! :D
Quite the paradox

Racosai
05-27-2012, 04:36 AM
Nice guide.

PianoWizzy
05-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone was going for SG? I mean they won't all get it but it'd be a nicer place XD

Cahaun
05-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone was going for SG? I mean they won't all get it but it'd be a nicer place XD
It would, but maybe we should add a "Don't necro 5 month old threads" or "Helping noobs is good karma"

Edit: I don't care at all about necroed SL threads because it's too quite here.

Delphina
05-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Closed thread.