PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Client 1.1.1 Has Been Released!

Samhayne
12-01-2011, 01:21 PM
We have released a new version of the Star Legends game client, 1.1.1 that includes the following changes:

PvP Beta has arrived! Access the PvP Terminal next to the F.A.C.E.-O-MAT in Blackstar to join the battle. Please note that PvP is currently in a Beta testing phase, please post bugs and feedback on the forums!
The Menu system has been reworked, adding gameplay hints.
Guild roster now displays the locations of guild members.
High level players can purchase the temporary ability to gain fractional experience in low level maps. This ability can be gained by tapping the blinking exclamation point icon when you enter a low level map.
Low level players can purchase the temporary ability to access high level dungeons. Note that you are likely to have a difficult time playing in dungeons that are above your level, better bring some friends! This ability can be gained by purchasing the relevant Enhancer or by attempting to join a friend/guildmate in a high level map.
Players should no longer die while appearing to have health remaining.
The “Continue” button will attempt to place the player in an instance that is not close to completion/already complete.
Quick Chat now appears in front of the Respawn window, not behind.
Chrome: Characters should no longer autorun if the game window loses focus.
Improved memory usage on all devices.

For Android users, you can always get the .APK file for our apps at http://auth.pocketlegends.com/download/ or via the link in the Android forum at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32473-StarLegends.apk-now-available-for-those-without-market-access.

It may take a while for the application to be available in the App Store & Android Marketplace. The old 1.1 version of Star Legends will be shut down later today.

Gluttony
12-01-2011, 01:23 PM
It may take a while for the application to be available in the App Store & Android Marketplace. The old 1.1 version of Star Legends will be shut down later today.

Doesn't this mean that I should still have access to the older version of SL 1.1 until later today?

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9744/img1347.png

Kirti Mogla
12-01-2011, 01:24 PM
AWSOME !! :encouragement:

krazii
12-01-2011, 01:24 PM
woot

ninjaduck
12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
YAY!!!!!!!

Samhayne
12-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Gluttony, try deleting the app and then searching for it on the App Store.

Hullukko
12-01-2011, 01:30 PM
PvP Beta has arrived! Access the PvP Terminal next to the F.A.C.E.-O-MAT in Blackstar to join the battle. Please note that PvP is currently in a Beta testing phase, please post bugs and feedback on the forums!

Nice.

Low level players can purchase the temporary ability to access high level dungeons. Note that you are likely to have a difficult time playing in dungeons that are above your level, better bring some friends! This ability can be gained by purchasing the relevant Enhancer or by attempting to join a friend/guildmate in a high level map.

Oh dear...

Lowlyspy
12-01-2011, 01:43 PM
High level players can purchase the temporary ability to gain fractional experience in low level maps. This ability can be gained by tapping the blinking exclamation point icon when you enter a low level map.

And the age of powerleveling begins -_-'

Im sorry but I simply cannot agree with this, I only see problems arising in the future.

Liathea
12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
:applause:PVP! Thank you!:triumphant:
Also, the option to gain XP in lower levels is awesome. The access to higher levels for lower toons will definitely bring about crazy powerleveling, but I don't mind it going in the other direction.

xkillmepvpx
12-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Arghhhhhhh!!!!!! >:( I can't load it every time I try and update SL it stops loading and deletes!!!!

I really want my PVP

EDIT: it's started to load, just a matter of waiting now. Just hope it loads all the way...

Xaphan Fox
12-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Just add a monthly fee already... Another update, another feature to nickel and dime me.

krazii
12-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Low level players can purchase the temporary ability to access high level dungeons. Note that you are likely to have a difficult time playing in dungeons that are above your level, better bring some friends! This ability can be gained by purchasing the relevant Enhancer or by attempting to join a friend/guildmate in a high level mapF

The bubble doesn't show up when running a lvl 36 character in low level maps, all lower ones from cycorp to numa.

krazii
12-01-2011, 02:04 PM
If you can't update from device, try going to Itunes and updating app there, then sync device with Itunes, works great!

bronislav84
12-01-2011, 02:05 PM

Im sorry but I simply cannot agree with this, I only see problems arising in the future.I agree. This needs to go. Sorry, but being able to pay plat for power level is just unfair to those who did it without.

Anybody know if high level players can use this to gain kills in places they out-leveled?

FluffNStuff
12-01-2011, 02:07 PM
We have released a new version of the Star Legends game client, 1.1.1 that includes the following changes:

Couple questions:
Does the elixir they purchased pause when they get booted?
When they join a public game, if the correct level players in that game have payed for elixirs, do they get refunded for the time it takes them to find another game?

alexjp
12-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Sweet cant wait to try it. To bad it's going to be 2 days till I get wifi again sense 3G won't download the game sense over the 20mb limit...

wvhills
12-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Couple questions:
Does the elixir they purchased pause when they get booted?
When they join a public game, if the correct level players in that game have payed for elixirs, do they get refunded for the time it takes them to find another game?

That's a good question. If this comes to PL (please, please, please don't do this to PL) I will boot every low level I see. There's a big enough problem with leeching as it is without bringing back powerleveling. Remember when you guys set level limits for each dungeon? Do you remember your reasoning? It was because it was about the quality of the game back then and not all about selling plat. I wish you guys would get that vision back.

shadowreaper
12-01-2011, 02:19 PM
People have no honor and love to team stack. I always seem to join games that already have 3 people on one team and none on the other, or am always facing 3v1

Hiei
12-01-2011, 02:49 PM
People have no honor and love to team stack. I always seem to join games that already have 3 people on one team and none on the other, or am always facing 3v1

Having the same problem.

ninjaduck
12-01-2011, 02:58 PM
When doing the activate xp, do kills still work there?

Killerade
12-01-2011, 03:02 PM
and thus party vs player begins.....
and i wonder if u can purchase this *temporary ability* by using credits and/or plats

Gluttony
12-01-2011, 03:16 PM
When doing the activate xp, do kills still work there?

Yessir, I'd post pics but they don't actually show anything that will prove one way or the other.

Edit: Pics don't do the situation justice. Sorry.

Beanmachine
12-01-2011, 03:40 PM
If this happens in PL (The enhancer to access higher levels), GRRR I'm going to be so angry and many others.

I paid almost 100 plat for maps which ended being free and restricted. So dun do dis to PL!

Just my 2 cents.

Other than that, Thanks for the auto run bug and pvp!

Samhayne
12-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Arghhhhhhh!!!!!! >:( I can't load it every time I try and update SL it stops loading and deletes!!!!

I really want my PVP

EDIT: it's started to load, just a matter of waiting now. Just hope it loads all the way...

If you're having trouble updating your client on Android, check out this helpful article: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

xkillmepvpx
12-01-2011, 03:50 PM

Love it when it happens to me :)

xkillmepvpx
12-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Btw I got it to load :) yay I LOVE pvp it's awesome! Keep up the good work sts

serprus
12-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Any word on orange antennas?

Phantasm0162
12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
The only thing that aggravates me with the update,is the lil hints and pop ups everytime I press the menu button thats gets annoying for people who already know how the game works,there should be a way to stop or take this off,besides that everything else is fine

Zombiemurder
12-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I see a problem with letting low levels join matches high levels will ditch them to be funny(aka jerks) and then they will also kick them but I like the idea of being able to help low level friends at say...delta with still getting my needed exp thx Sam! Not just for the pvp or this update thx for all u do to help!

SuRfY
12-01-2011, 05:02 PM
there is a guild promote bug after the update. i posted it here. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44201-Guild-Promote-Bug

Kanozaki
12-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Nice ! great job guys , SL really needed this to get people back on. *Hint Hint* now if only we had lower level pinks for twinking (:

Moogerfooger
12-01-2011, 05:22 PM

To agree with others, why on Erf would you guys include this feature after the long-running debate/uproar over power-leveling, and all of the work done in PL to eliminate it for the most part???? This will just lead to the old leechfest again, even if just a "temporary ability".

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 05:25 PM
To agree with others, why on Erf would you guys include this feature after the long-running debate/uproar over power-leveling, and all of the work done in PL to eliminate it for the most part???? This will just lead to the old leechfest again, even if just a "temporary ability".

Can the users of this ability be booted? If so it really doesn't matter because an high level can, today, pwerlevel toons in low levels...

Moogerfooger
12-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Can the users of this ability be booted? If so it really doesn't matter because an high level can, today, pwerlevel toons in low levels...

That's not the point, Stomp. The point is why would they allow the PURCHASE of an ability that they worked so hard - and mostly successfully so - to mostly eliminate in PL???? Maybe I am turning a blind eye to their motive, which I know what it is in this case, but it seems like a sharp about face from several previous updates aimed at eliminating leechers.

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
That's not the point, Stomp. The point is why would they allow the PURCHASE of an ability that they worked so hard - and mostly successfully so - to mostly eliminate in PL???? Maybe I am turning a blind eye to their motive, which I know what it is in this case, but it seems like a sharp about face from several previous updates aimed at eliminating leechers.

I hear you. I have just reached the personal conclusion that pleveling will happen regardless of what they do (unless they also locked out high levels from lower levels which honestly would make the game quite limited) so might as well turn a profit from it. Not saying I agree with it in principle I am just thinking that eliminating pleveling is a loosing fight altogether. I don't know what to think of this one... I agree with you but I also see that it's a no win fight against human nature and the desire to achieve without effort :P

Kanozaki
12-01-2011, 05:46 PM
T Maybe I am turning a blind eye to their motive, which I know what it is in this case

^ completely agree with this , i am hesitant in thinking about the future of SL at this rate with the miners luck and now this.

Moogerfooger
12-01-2011, 06:02 PM
and thus party vs player begins.....

Yep...two out of three times I joined, three players were stacked on a team and jumped me within seconds of joining pewpewpew. Made it out once, but left the other time.

On a feedback note, I am on very fast wifi...and I am having a very sudden and NOTICEABLE lag/freeze when someone enters a PVP game, to the point where it completely interrupts gameplay...not a minor hitch like we have seen on previous enters/joins...but major.

dcichoracki
12-01-2011, 07:51 PM
The bubble doesn't show up when running a lvl 36 character in low level maps, all lower ones from cycorp to numa.

Not a bug. Level Cap is still 36 so you can't gain XP anywhere.

Phaded
12-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Is pvp level restricted?

xkillmepvpx
12-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Nope :)

Noobbe
12-01-2011, 11:22 PM
I can join with my lvl 36 engi, but eveytime I try to join with my lvl 26 op Silk, i get a message that "character does not meet zone level requirements." Same for my 27 com.

Seems like there is a lvl requirement.

Itunesgames
12-02-2011, 03:39 AM
All levels from level 1-36 are too low level when I invite them to join me in PvP and i am not able to join my friends in PvP rooms ( sometimes I am able to join but mostly I can't ) Star Legends please fix these bugs :smile:

Vnslogan
12-02-2011, 06:59 AM
After update.crashing when started the game

wvhills
12-02-2011, 09:25 AM

There's a big difference stomp. Currently in PL a higher level could powerlevel a leechious noob at low levels but the higher level doesn't receive anything out of it (unless he's charging gold). It may occur on a limited basis but how much time is a high level going to spend in a low level map when he isn't gaining xp himself or getting high level drops? If this new system comes to PL (and we know it will since everything in SL is better than PL (sarcasm)) then you will see alot more powerleveling because the higher level will still be doing something productive (gaining xp, kills, etc while leveling himself and getting good drops).

saiyen
12-02-2011, 10:44 AM
my heal is doomed in pvp!
Why?
Gives 20-23 hp only
Is this a bug?coz i am dying here!

octavos
12-02-2011, 10:51 AM
my heal is doomed in pvp!
Why?
Gives 20-23 hp only
Is this a bug?coz i am dying here!

Me too lol,
50wins - 100 loss....but still its fun :p

michaelpr
12-03-2011, 07:05 AM
After update.crashing when started the game

Me too after the update I can't play Star Legends on my iPhone after it starts it crashes any one have a fix on this? Btw chrome plays just fine

Cyberius
12-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Yaay! For PvP

Tho Engi's have nerfed heals for some reason. Will be fixed I'm sure.

Boo for power leveling. XP multiplying elixers are one thing, but this new one is ridiculous. I will boot all lowbies from my runs out of sheer respect for the legit players of SL. If I'm not host, I will suggest the host use the same principal. If that fails, I will abandon the run. This "feature" needs to go.

IGN: Psyonic

Slant
12-03-2011, 09:21 AM
the level requirement is you cant join games more than a few levels away even level 1 can host up to level 6 can join it if level 36 hosts level 30 or lower cannot join

about the lower dunjon xp elix possible abuse by zerodeaths but no prolem with it coz the xp gain is pretty marginal and not worth it lol

saiyen
12-03-2011, 10:18 AM
We want good heal in pvp plzz
I have 525killz n 430 deaths man

Jugernugett
12-03-2011, 08:40 PM
I have a bug. It never goes away even if I try to avoid it, I keep getting rushed. XD

brainiac120
12-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I agree that this should only cause powerleveling.

brainiac120
12-03-2011, 11:29 PM
That's actually what this means. High levels can now be lazy and go to low lvl places and earn exp. For example: a lvl 30 in dynastar.

brainiac120
12-03-2011, 11:34 PM

Im sorry but I simply cannot agree with this, I only see problems arising in the future.

Agreed.