PDA

View Full Version : [Help!] New Client Issues - Can't Connect

Lady_Pebbles
12-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Downloaded new client on Android onto my Vibrant phone (Froyo/Android 2.2) and I can't connect. In fact, when I select to open the app, it takes me to the Android Market to reinstall the app.

~Edit~

I've tried:

-uninstalling and reinstalling app
-clearing cache
-restarting phone with and without removing the battery

Still no luck so far.

Liathea
12-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Hey, Thren! I had this problem with the last client update. I cleared my cache, then tried installing the update, which worked.

Lady_Pebbles
12-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey Lia! I just tried that and it didn't work. =/

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Downloaded new client on Android onto my Vibrant phone (Froyo/Android 2.2) and I can't connect. In fact, when I select to open the app, it takes me to the Android Market to reinstall the app.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but its not working. =/

Hey Thren! Check these out, if the suggestions don't help, You always have the APK file to fall back on ;)

http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

Lady_Pebbles
12-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Tried the apk file but the links to it take me to the android market too. Imma check the links you gave me.

Thanks yall!

~Edit~

I don't have an SD card and tried clearing my cache already Bod. =/

Lady_Pebbles
12-01-2011, 02:06 PM
After trying all that, I force closed the market and reopened the client. Selected update and the APK file is now being downloaded. o_O

Hey whatever works right? XD

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Lmao! Haha, glad it 'may' have worked for you ;)

Lady_Pebbles
12-01-2011, 02:14 PM
APK file worked... im in... LETS ROCK BABY!!! XD

Lady_Pebbles
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Meh... Same system as PL? Epic fail *facepalm*

ArtStar
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
apk file?

I'm having issues now D:

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
apk file?

I'm having issues now D:

Hey Thren! Check these out, if the suggestions don't help, You always have the APK file to fall back on ;)

http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

.... :D

I got the link for you :p

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32473-StarLegends.apk-now-available-for-those-without-market-access

Lady_Pebbles
12-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Hey hun, yeah follow the linkage they gave. Then force close market. Then open SL again and select update... Then wala it shall download the APK file. It will be downloaded to your downloads folder on your phone so you can open it and install the new client.

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I can't seem to do it, I'm severely pissed.
Uninstalled it and other apps, it's a tablet btw, I don't have an SD card to unmount and re-mount, I got all this internal storage I can't seem to use, I've force closed, uninstalled and now can't install at all, rebooted twelve hundred times, hum.

Im in the same position, well a little diff but looks like no SL for me until its fixed :(

Did you try the APK file?

Direct APK: http://auth.pocketlegends.com/download/StarLegends.apk

CodyBearr
12-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I too am having problems but with an iPhone, I did what you did (delete whole app and re download) and when it finally downloaded it after it for some reason not letting me 3-4 times now if I get booted or log out it crashes.... Hope yours gets solved bug free quickly

ArtStar
12-01-2011, 05:55 PM
ahh I finally got it, I hope further peoples problems get fixed soon as well<3

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Fixed mine too woop!!!!! now until the next update :(

Unafreiky
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm also having similar problems. I use an iPhone 3gs and since recent update the app keeps crashing upon startup. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times while clearing my cache and what not, and it continues to crash. Support has told me my problem as been solved but it hasn't. Any ideas???thanks.

Samhayne
12-01-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm also having similar problems. I use an iPhone 3gs and since recent update the app keeps crashing upon startup. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times while clearing my cache and what not, and it continues to crash. Support has told me my problem as been solved but it hasn't. Any ideas???thanks.

We were looking at an iPhone crash on startup earlier with Flip and the QA dojo, but I think it was only crashing when you locked the device with the game running and didn't close it on start up. Otherwise, it loaded and played fine with a clean start.

Unafreiky
12-02-2011, 04:45 AM
I havnt done either of those things.

Vnslogan
12-02-2011, 06:33 AM
I have same problem on my ipad. Idk how to do