PDA

View Full Version : Engineer and Teammate Heals/Transference

Yurimaru
12-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Is it my imagination, or does transference not heal in PvP?

Malerian
12-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I noticed too neither empathy nor transference seem to work.
Let's hope it will be corrected if there's aproblem, because as we don't have the comm armor nor the op damge output.

Lady_Pebbles
12-01-2011, 04:15 PM
It works for me but its in beta so we are bound to see hella glitches. I mean I died in the middle of my heals ticking so more problems will arise.

Kahlua
12-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Was wondering why the engineers heals in my party weren't healing much

Thade
12-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I'll play with transferance a bit and see what happens. Keep in mind that hitting one target wont heal you much given it's an AOE. When you PvE you often hit 5 or more targets and are healed for each.

Yurimaru
12-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I'll play with transferance a bit and see what happens. Keep in mind that hitting one target wont heal you much given it's an AOE. When you PvE you often hit 5 or more targets and are healed for each.
I was in 3x3 and folks appeared to be within the radius.

Vladrac
12-01-2011, 09:42 PM
The heals certainly seemed super toned down. All of my heals have green numbers so they definitely are there, but the amount healed is much lower than pve. I have not noticed heals coming from Transferrence.

Is the lowered healing output in pvp correct? Is this the way healing in pvp is intended?

Luellasky
12-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Lmao! your not imagining... thats happening to me too, hope they fix this problem soon.

Thade
12-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know we have a fix for this. Unfortunately it'll have to go out with the next client. Baring an emergency this will be some time after the new year. We had to change some code to make transference respect teams when deciding who to heal. ;)

Yurimaru
12-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know we have a fix for this. Unfortunately it'll have to go out with the next client. Baring an emergency this will be some time after the new year. We had to change some code to make transference respect teams when deciding who to heal. ;)
Thanks so much Thade, looking forward to playing my eng in PvP when this is out. :)

LelouchX
12-12-2011, 01:19 PM
devs have commented on many bug threads that they are working on fixing skills. looks like a lot of those threads have been shuffled down the list. thanks for working so hard.

i've included the following link to another post to avoid double posting. its a little off topic from this, but it relates and is my opinion on "work arounds" (for lack of a better word) to dealing with PvP beta issues:

CLICK HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44858-applying-extra-dodge-when-using-forceshield&p=508864#post508864)

EDIT:

I was in 3x3 and folks appeared to be within the radius.
also note that no skills will work if there is a wall in between you and your target. This goes for AoE and single target skills. I've tested it with empathy, transference, and sonic boom in the reckoning room with me and my friend standing right next to each other, but around the corner from a wall. maybe this was the situation where they appeared to be in range. hope this helps someone.

Yurimaru
12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
also note that no skills will work if there is a wall in between you and your target. This goes for AoE and single target skills. I've tested it with empathy, transference, and sonic boom in the reckoning room with me and my friend standing right next to each other, but around the corner from a wall. maybe this was the situation where they appeared to be in range. hope this helps someone.

I noticed this as well; in my particular reference situation, we were all smack in the middle of the reckoning room between all 4 columns/pillars.

LelouchX
12-13-2011, 11:14 AM
I noticed this as well; in my particular reference situation, we were all smack in the middle of the reckoning room between all 4 columns/pillars.
well, looks like just another bug for STS to fix then, sorry i couldn't help more