PDA

View Full Version : Movie Scenes

Kirei
07-14-2010, 07:19 PM
what are some of your favorite scenes from movies, just that one little clip that you thought was absolutly amazing, some of mine are, The Island, there is a scene where they descover the word "dood" and it is so awsome. another one is in Lord Of The Rings The Return Of The King, at the very beggining when everyone rides up to Isenguard and Merry and Pippin are sitting there.
anyways, whats some of your favs.

KingFu
07-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Spongebob, where they sing the goofy goober song! XD Jk, I HATE SPONGEBOB! I wanna put him into a paper shredder! :p

ratava
07-15-2010, 04:58 AM
Good thread. So many to choose, so little time... I'm surE that's a quote from a film, in fact much of my vocabulary is peppered with film language by accident or design.

Here's a good one: "The battle of wits" on YouTube from the film The Princess Bride. Go watch it.

The peeping cabby in Hot Shots Part Deaux! & g8 choice of music are also a bucket of laughs.

Royce
07-15-2010, 07:20 AM
In Repo Man when Miller is explaining the connection between time-travel, spaceships, and the the origin of the human race.
In Dr. Strangelove when they are discussing plans for the upcoming apocalypse and living in mine shafts.

Ratava, great call on the Princess Bride scene. That's a definite classic ;)

Jstizar
07-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Good thread. So many to choose, so little time... I'm surE that's a quote from a film, in fact much of my vocabulary is peppered with film language by accident or design.

Here's a good one: "The battle of wits" on YouTube from the film The Princess Bride. Go watch it.

The peeping cabby in Hot Shots Part Deaux! & g8 choice of music are also a bucket of laughs.

THis is a great scene that movies often try to recreate, not that THe Princess Bride was first to do it but it is so funny.

In Repo Man when Miller is explaining the connection between time-travel, spaceships, and the the origin of the human race.
In Dr. Strangelove when they are discussing plans for the upcoming apocalypse and living in mine shafts.

Ratava, great call on the Princess Bride scene. That's a definite classic ;)

Dr. Strangelove is a great parody on the cold war and actually was put into the national film registry because it was deemed "culturally" significant. One of my favorite parts in that movie is when Dr. Strangelove magically gets out of the wheelchair and says something along the lines of "Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

Although I have many, many favorite scenes from movies one of my favorites is from Blazing Saddles when the group of rail road workers are interrupted by the group of bandits and are asked to sing. If you have seen the movie then you know that the group of workers start to sing a great version of Sinatra's I get a kick out of you, only to eventually make fools out of the bandits by tricking them into singing the camp town ladies. I figured many of the younger people haven't seen this movie so this scene really doesn't sound very funny..but it a classic Mel Brooks moment, as is the Indian Cheif that speaks Yiddish in the film.

ratava
07-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Blazing Saddles - the waco kid.

OP: The scene in the book, smoking pipeweed is also very good hence the film scene works so well.

Hard to say what my favorite scenes are, but one that stuck with me when I watched it at the cinema, was "The Usual Suspects" when the cop suddenly notices the cork board, coffee cup and the whole gawdamn room. The look of being "sold down the river" - priceless.

Nausicaa of the valley of the wind - Watched at the cinema, and the scene when the fox-squirrel bites Nausicaa then makes a decision - the whole cinema swooned over how cute that was. Also watching The Killer - The scene when the cop is tracking Chow Yun-Fat and decides his purposes are somehow best served by completely surrounding himself with portraits of this illusive but charismatic killer - that he perversely admires so much!! The whole audience burst out laughing... and everyone agreed, what a great movie!

Interim7
07-17-2010, 02:15 AM
Just recently, in Toy Story 3... that scene where they're all in the furnace...

I shed at least a tear.

ratava
07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
@ Interim7: Hmm, that's got good reviews once again, you're right.

But saw Inception recently. Worth seeing at the cinema, it takes a while to get going but near the end finds it's pace and becomes good. Not amazing but a good effort.