PDA

View Full Version : Known Issues with PvP

Samhayne
12-01-2011, 03:55 PM
• Player is offered a plat respawn on iPhone and Android, but can't purchase one (offer shouldn't appear)
• No penalty for leaving while in combat
• Can't see 3D world in background when picking a team on iPad/NaCl
• If a character uses the PvP terminal to try and enter PvP they will receive a message about not meeting the zone level requirements and will be kicked back to character select. This also breaks their ability to host a PvP game via the Host screen. Hosting works if you do not touch the PvP terminal.

serprus
12-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks Sam!

Lady_Pebbles
12-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Hey Sam, I've been reading around the forums and people are reporting that ENG's heals either don't work for them at all or works only sometimes. As well as the kills and deaths numbers on profiles being switched when viewed by another player.

Thade
12-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I'll check these out thanks.

FluffNStuff
12-01-2011, 05:55 PM
You can not see the names of the players on the other team (or even how many there are). This makes it hard to know if the game is fair.

dcichoracki
12-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Trying to enter PvP with an overfilled inventory doesn't give you the error message that you see when entering other stages when trying to join from the terminal, it just closes the dialogue box without any indication.

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 09:35 PM
What are there limits to the PvP matches?

We were having a good go on lvl 5-6 twinks then all of a sudden 10-11s jump in and spoil the fun :p, which is not indicated anywhere, so unless you ask and they tell you don't know who you are up against. Of course I can lock the game and invite but I feel that defeats the object, and hard to find players at low level twinking.

Otukura
12-02-2011, 01:10 AM
You can not see the names of the players on the other team (or even how many there are). This makes it hard to know if the game is fair.

As a temporary solution, type /w to see all the people in the zone. It's a bit of a pain, but worth it. Might be worth noting this happens on the PL chrome version too.

Zaltiar
12-02-2011, 02:49 AM
What are there limits to the PvP matches?

We were having a good go on lvl 5-6 twinks then all of a sudden 10-11s jump in and spoil the fun :p, which is not indicated anywhere, so unless you ask and they tell you don't know who you are up against. Of course I can lock the game and invite but I feel that defeats the object, and hard to find players at low level twinking.

Hey bod, I think the limit is 5 lvls lower or higher than you.
..on that note, I shall make a twink for myself :9

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Qqqxxxzzz
12-02-2011, 01:34 PM
• If a character uses the PvP terminal to try and enter PvP they will receive a message about not meeting the zone level requirements and will be kicked back to character select. This also breaks their ability to host a PvP game via the Host screen. Hosting works if you do not touch the PvP terminal.

I used terminal and I can't host PvP :(

EDIT:

If I log out and log in I can host PvP games :)

xkillmepvpx
12-02-2011, 01:39 PM
One big question of mine is, if after beta do the stats get reset since beta is more or less a practice run for pvp

ninjaduck
12-02-2011, 02:10 PM
A lvl 23 joined my game! I crushed him >:-)

BodMaster
12-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey bod, I think the limit is 5 lvls lower or higher than you.
..on that note, I shall make a twink for myself :9

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Yup but does that only include the player that creates the instance.. :(

Shouldnt this really be restricted at Gear lvls. So when the next load of gear is available then it goes to the next level of restrictions..

Im levellinv mine to 10 seems the only way to go atm :p

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Yup but does that only include the player that creates the instance.. :(

Shouldnt this really be restricted at Gear lvls. So when the next load of gear is available then it goes to the next level of restrictions..

Im levellinv mine to 10 seems the only way to go atm :p

My little lvl 5 op got destroyed by a lvl 10 commando today...no matter how much I hit her she never went down, even when I attacked her without any attacks back. Didn't even know she was lvl 10 till I looked up the minimum level to use a hand cannon. Game said it was "lvl 5" for the match so I joined, unaware this was only the hosts level. Didn't know this wasn't like PVE where it shows the highest level in the game

BodMaster
12-02-2011, 10:26 PM
My little lvl 5 op got destroyed by a lvl 10 commando today...no matter how much I hit her she never went down, even when I attacked her without any attacks back. Didn't even know she was lvl 10 till I looked up the minimum level to use a hand cannon. Game said it was "lvl 5" for the match so I joined, unaware this was only the hosts level. Didn't know this wasn't like PVE where it shows the highest level in the game

Exact same thing as me :( needs to be looked at sure it wouldnt take much to put little things like that in :)

My lvl 6 was killin it until a lvl 10 joined still winning tho, then another 11 jumps in on the 10s side and from there its game over. Then joined another lvl 5-6 game and it was 2v1 joins the 1 then realise what lvls they were the 11 went and joined the other two leaving it to me to have a go, i did but as you would guess with stood no chance and they werent willing to go 1v1 though im sure they would of teared me apart anyway.

Another thing is that after the person who created the instance has left, players can still stay in under that game name so it looks like its a bunch of lvl 5-6s would be playin i joined and there was a lvl 18 waiting for me. This must mean that because a lvl 13+ was in that instance a lvl 18 could join as the system requirements believed so, aso meaning that the game 1st made by creator was still active (lvl 6), and showing in the join menu.

Cheah
12-03-2011, 02:25 AM
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii332/ckcheah78/a354221b.jpg

Opponent teammate stole my kill:( haha

Cero
12-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Com skill

Gravity well - doesn't Pull enemy towards me but does DMG.
Nebula - does not do any DMG.

------

Eng skill

Transference - it does dmg on both sides and heals enemy
Pain - does dmg and explode on OP/ENG class but does not explode when cast on com. The explosion does not do any AoE dmg.
in PL, you can shoot while stunned, while we test this. we can shoot and cast skills.

------
Sympathetic Anguish - does DMG, but dmg dont jump to others.

ninjaduck
12-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Engi heals dont work at all now. Transferance heals enemy and pain ALWAYS misses.

Protank
01-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I have been pvp'n on my op starting at lvl 10 and im now lvl 18.

so far for about 800+ pvp kills I havnt seen any issues with the play of the game.

I would like to see the opponents names somewhere on the screen but really isn't a issue if I am paying attention to the join and leave game pop ups.

all n all i love it! keep up the good work guys!