PDA

View Full Version : Weird stats

shade634
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Hello,

i have a com and op, as more ppl do.

now something that realy annoys me is the fact that some gear of op is called "lightweigthed" and gear of com is "heavy". Now how come that a com walks same speed as me, even he looks to walk slower. and that an op isnt faster. its kinda lame. i have 2 solutions.

1 make op faster then others, like the 20% of a enchancer. let eng maintain speed and slow the com. (dont worry we wait for them cause they tank).
2 give op the same armor rates as comando's.

this is it in short basicaly

Elyseon
12-01-2011, 05:31 PM
There wouldnt be much of a point as ops usually stay behind the others, except give a huge advantage in pvp

shade634
12-01-2011, 05:44 PM
There wouldnt be much of a point as ops usually stay behind the others, except give a huge advantage in pvp let me guess ur a com as main, yea its a pain for coms now, but com have huge advantance in pvp now, with their armor... so not fair either, but im posting it for pve. and u have to agree it has no point why com have heavy stuff and run as fast as some one with almost cloth on.

oh yea, and im always running in front

Fac3bon3s
12-01-2011, 05:47 PM
There wouldnt be much of a point as ops usually stay behind the others, except give a huge advantage in pvp
In PvP each class should have an advantage that a player who knows what they are doing can take advantage of.

Maybe the Op could have an ability to jump back out of dmg range.
Comm could enter berserker mode if below a health percentage.
And engys could have a special heal that only pops if a team mate is about to die.

plmafiaboss
12-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Its a game not reality. Speed doesn't have to make sense lol

Hankomachos
12-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Its a game not reality. Speed doesn't have to make sense lol

This.

I personally don't think ops or their pl counterpart, avians; should be faster. Good tanks like to lead. I'd get to nervous if a non tank could run faster than me. And as said above, ops stay in the back since they're long range killers. :)

shade634
12-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Its a game not reality. Speed doesn't have to make sense lol u do know WOW right? and many other mmo's the dex build ones are faster then heavy geared.... so ur point is?

shade634
12-01-2011, 05:59 PM
This.

I personally don't think ops or their pl counterpart, avians; should be faster. Good tanks like to lead. I'd get to nervous if a non tank could run faster than me. And as said above, ops stay in the back since they're long range killers. :)

u should run with me or some of my op friends, u see nothing to get nervous of, still why no one read and agrees on amor rate.

Hankomachos
12-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Its a game not reality. Speed doesn't have to make sense lol u do know WOW right? and many other mmo's the dex build ones are faster then heavy geared.... so ur point is?

Wow and pl are two different games by two different development teams. I never played wow but I assume it has different pve mechanics. As does pl. Its all about fairness IMO.

Slant
12-03-2011, 06:21 AM
speed always made sense for OPs

Ihavenokills
12-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Tbh i don't like this idea. sorry.

Ellyidol
12-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Your asking for more reality in a game situated in space, where hundreds of armor pieces, guns, shields, and materials fit into a hypothetical bag we have, yet we walk perfectly fine and with no delay. ;)

Has it ever occurred to you that Commandos are physically stronger than operatives therefore are able to walk at the same speed despite carrying heavy armor?

Slant
12-03-2011, 04:24 PM
its not about reality, it makes a lot of strategic sense, a lot of times you feel an op feel the need for speed lol, imagined something along the same lines, but more like OP getting special equipment (roller blades) for speed... that said there is the 2x speed enhancer already so... ive seen a few guilds do runs where the mando gets to use the guild hall credits elix for the whole group, not so much for ops

maneatingtree
12-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Yoda quote: "relative, speed is, my yound padowan"

Zeus
12-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Here is your answer. Space greatly reduces weight, thus, everything seems very light. A few pounds here or there won't slow anybody down. :)

I'm assuming your counter argument is going to be, "How do you stay on the ground then, if there is zero gravity?"

Suction Cups/Gravity Enhancer boots. :D

Ihavenokills
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Here is your answer. Space greatly reduces weight, thus, everything seems very light. A few pounds here or there won't slow anybody down. :)

I'm assuming your counter argument is going to be, "How do you stay on the ground then, if there is zero gravity?"

Suction Cups/Gravity Enhancer boots. :D

haha bingo!