PDA

View Full Version : Fight With Honor: Player vs Player Etiquette

mechengineeernick
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Hello all,

Since this is a very new thing - there are a couple of points I would like to make, to allow everyone to have a better experience during the PvP battles.

1) This is still within the realm of Star Legends. All of the "No inappropriate language" parts still apply here. Please be mindful of language.

2) Be aware that emotions run very high here. You will die, and you will lose. You will also have a chance to kill and win. Just be aware, that the people you are killing and winning against are not computers - they are real people.

3) It is very easy to double team, or triple team in the PvP fights. If there is an odd number, please stop the fight, and choose which person will hang back. Please announce that person, so that the other team is aware. I have been on both sides of this. It is not fun to be triple teamed, nor is it fun to try and kill one person with three people.

4) Number three does not apply if the teams are even. If your team is stagging their run because they are dying one by one, that is not the fault of the other team. Please do not complain at the other team if this is the case; ask your own team to figure it out.

5) It is bad etiquette to leave in the middle of the match, if the fight is not in your favor. If you need to, stay dead for a little bit, and explain your concerns to the other team. If they do not comply, then it is acceptable to leave.

6) it is bad etiquette to lay there dead, for no apparent reason, for an extended period of time. People come to the PvP battle rooms to battle; not to watch you lay there. If you are upset that you are dying, you may want to reconsider PvP.

7) Your engineer is probably trying to heal or revive you, but may be running into some trouble in doing so. The wonderful skills that engineers have watced commanders and operatives use in story mode have been turned against them. Expect your engineers to be pushed and pulled all over the place. As such, they may not be able to get to you right away, if at all.

8) Be aware that the engineer heal has been incredibly toned down for PvP. Heal does not actually do much for anyone. It may buy you a couple of hits, but in the middle of a firefight, you will probably still die.

9) Engineers, you do have the ability to revive in the PvP runs. Please use this skill, if possible. It is not hard to respawn at the entrance, but having a fresh teammate immediately in the fight, not being target by anyone, can really turn the battle.

Well, this is all I have for now. If there is anything I have missed, please let me know.

Fac3bon3s
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Good stuff. Everyone should read this.

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Good stuff. Everyone should red this.

Only in an ideal world my friend, but agreed wholly.

trixie
12-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks so much for making this! I am new to pvp and it really helps to have a guide because the last thing I would want is to make people mad. Most of the matches I have joined seem to more of a free for all with no organization at all. I hope more people read this to avoid some of the major issues. Great job!

Fac3bon3s
12-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Bumping for reasons everyone is aware of.

LelouchX
12-11-2011, 07:02 PM
this is great. i'd like to add one thing. calling it cheap and an exploit when an engi stuns u and runs to heal is disrespectful to say the least. by the same reasoning, it is cheap to for a com to pull or use a skill that slows me down so i can't run away, or for an op to use lurch and knock me back. engis need to use their skills the best they can. every class has it's advantages and disadvantages. stun and run engi is a smart one, not a cheap one. lets keep the trash talking to a minimum. as already stated, there are people on the other end of the toon.

the intention of this is not to troll or flame, but after having this said to me by multiple people today, i have no choice by to put my opinion on the forum