12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
SL End Game PvP Tourney
Spots Available
32 more spots will open if needed

Type?
1v1 Duel

Rules
Each Fight must start with a simple "Ready, Set, Go!"
Playing up to 10 winner must win by 2. For example, player A wins but player B has 9 kills, player A/B will rmk, if player A kills player B again Player A wins.
Winning/Losing player will submit a picture of both players agreeing to who won the fight, ex: Player A: Wow! I can't believe I won! Player B: Good job )
Keep it clean.
Delaying your "fight day" by more than 6 days will result in a disqualification.
Please PM your opponent when you are available for a fight

Levels Allowed
31-36

Winners Loot
Winner-500 Platinum
Runner Up-100 Platinum

Tourney Link-http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tournaments.php?do=view&id=11

How to Join

Go to competitions->SL End Game PvP Tournament->Join Tournament

Silentarrow
12-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Yay! STS Is now sponsoring this tournament giving 500 plat to the winner and 100 to the runner up! Good luck guys :).

Kanozaki
12-01-2011, 05:50 PM
so how do i enter ? do i just post my IGN ?

Kahlua
12-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Id join if it wasn't so buggy/raw right now :( I think an Eng with good hit % will take this.

roufus
12-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Yes I want to enter

Silentarrow
12-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Yes I want to enter

Go to the tournaments section and join then! :). I'll post a direct link to join in a minute.

Kanozaki
12-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Id join if it wasn't so buggy/raw right now :( I think an Eng with good hit % will take this.

havnt played it yet , heard that engi is seem to be doing very well with pvp , maybe a pistol + shield may have a chance at counter ?

FluffNStuff
12-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Is it ready set go after every kill?

Kahlua
12-01-2011, 06:05 PM
havnt played it yet , heard that engi is seem to be doing very well with pvp , maybe a pistol + shield may have a chance at counter ?
1 v 1 it's hard to take a good engineer down, especially at maxed level. Since you can still attack and use skills when you've been knocked down...they can still heal at all times basically. If anything they'll run out of mana and be forced to die to get more lol :p

Kanozaki
12-01-2011, 06:08 PM
1 v 1 it's hard to take a good engineer down, especially at maxed level. Since you can still attack and use skills when you've been knocked down...they can still heal at all times basically. If anything they'll run out of mana and be forced to die to get more lol :p

hmm lol interesting , im curious to try and beat them if not , as they say if you cant beat them join em.

Silentarrow
12-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Is it ready set go after every kill?

Yes

Silentarrow
12-01-2011, 06:10 PM
so how do i enter ? do i just post my IGN ?

Posted at the bottom of the OP now.

Reggin
12-01-2011, 06:18 PM
How do I get to competitions?

Silentarrow
12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
How do I get to competitions?

Forums->Competitions.

Reggin
12-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I entered... I'm going to go completely against my gut instincts and will be competing with my level 35 operative, bofadeezgatz.

I firmly believe a skilled engineer will win this tourney though... Likely one with plat dodge armor!

Silentarrow
12-01-2011, 06:53 PM
I entered... I'm going to go completely against my gut instincts and will be competing with my level 35 operative, bofadeezgatz.

I firmly believe a skilled engineer will win this tourney though... Likely one with plat dodge armor!

I think that a sneeky operative will be the one climbing the bracket ;).

Blind
12-01-2011, 09:08 PM
No plat implants? How can that be controled? That's a stupid rule imo. There's never been a time on pl when rings weren't allowed.

Hiei
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Hmm wish I had full custom set.

Silentarrow
12-01-2011, 09:33 PM
No plat implants? How can that be controled? That's a stupid rule imo. There's never been a time on pl when rings weren't allowed.

I'm actually still debating it myself...

Zeus
12-01-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm in with Zeus, my commando! :)

Cahaun
12-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Just signed up! Any worthless ribbon for the losers? :D

Udiemorenoob
12-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Omg.! You are saying pvp
On starlegends is out!? I cannot believe it And right after i got banned "poo" :(

Blind
12-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Also, i find it really strange that the tourney is not class specific. We all know that commandos will own engis and ops.

1vs1 tourneys should be class specific.

Zeus
12-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Also, i find it really strange that the tourney is not class specific. We all know that commandos will own engis and ops.

Agreed, but Operatives can beat commandos. Mine beat a couple skilled commandos. :D

Cahaun
12-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Engineers were by far the strongest PvP class before we started balancing. Their various heals made them pretty indestructible.
Even the devs admit the engies ruled over all naturally! We ruled before! We will conquer still! :rolleyes:

Blind
12-01-2011, 10:33 PM

Agreed, but Operatives can beat commandos. Mine beat a couple skilled commandos. :D

They can. But there is a reason you are joining this torney with zeus ;D

Silentarrow
12-01-2011, 10:43 PM

It all depends on the player :).

ProSophist
12-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Great way to kick off the release of PvP.
This will definitely be interesting.
Each classes are very competitive and capable of beating each other. I don't know why too many people in-game complain about scaling.

I just find it disturbing that plat implants are considered a "disadvantage." They don't contribute as much as the custom set and pink pistol/shield combo, so if those implants are banned then those item should be banned as well.

roufus
12-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Link doesn't work from my mobile app

Ardon
12-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Each classes are very competitive and capable of beating each other. I don't know why too many people in-game complain about scaling.

I just find it disturbing that plat implants are considered a "disadvantage." They don't contribute as much as the custom set and pink pistol/shield combo, so if those implants are banned then those item should be banned as well.

Agreed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hans
12-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Joined Tournament.

I īll beat u Ardon :devilish:

See ya!

Fireface
12-02-2011, 06:34 PM
how does this work? i just face anyone? plz explain

Silentarrow
12-02-2011, 08:46 PM
how does this work? i just face anyone? plz explain

The bracket will be randomized, single elimination. You win, you advance :).

Plat implant rule has been abolished.

Silentarrow
12-02-2011, 10:17 PM
8 spots to fill till we start, get tweaking your builds to perfection guys!

THE Tesla
12-02-2011, 10:36 PM

Why not just fight naked then..

Daarkshadowzz
12-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Darkshadowzz <The Stargate Guardian> vs FireFace < V for Vandetta>

Score:
Darkshadowzz 10
FireFace 0

Image link: http://oi44.tinypic.com/2zzhsgx.jpg

FluffNStuff
12-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Question, if we are killed, do we wait till the other person has full health to attack or is it free style once it begins?

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Question, if we are killed, do we wait till the other person has full health to attack or is it free style once it begins?

Wait till the other person has full health.

FluffNStuff
12-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Wait till the other person has full health.

Interesting ...
So we are just waiting on two more then you will announce the bracket?

saiyen
12-03-2011, 01:31 PM
ahhhh....
Nvm

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Interesting ...
So we are just waiting on two more then you will announce the bracket?

Yes :).

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 02:22 PM
1 spot left :). Prepare to see the brackets guys, check your PM's.

Cero
12-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Count me in.
-----
i got no custom, no plat shield and implants . win or lose just wanna have fun:)

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Count me in.
-----
i got no custom, no plat shield and implants . win or lose just wanna have fun:)

Same here :).

Ardon
12-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Lol forgot to press join before.
All good now(:

Cero
12-03-2011, 03:41 PM
@Silentarrow

is it possible if the Turna host can Video each match? i love to see every PvP matches :P

Joeybats
12-03-2011, 04:51 PM
I want in,

Says its 0 free spots, 34 contestants on your link.

Ardon
12-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah I think opening more slots would be cool. Not much people know about it. And there are still people wanting to join.

Blind
12-03-2011, 05:34 PM
32 is enough. More would be too many. Those who missed out, it's their problem. Also how r we supposed to wait for regen bar, just rejoin the game, that's how it's done.

Nightarcher
12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
What! I didn't see this thread until now... grr. No spots; just my luck.

GL to all participants :)

Ardon
12-03-2011, 06:12 PM
32 is enough. More would be too many. Those who missed out, it's their problem. Also how r we supposed to wait for regen bar, just rejoin the game, that's how it's done.

More people, more fights, more fun.
Its only been 2days since this was announced. Id like to see as many as possible join. The more the merrier.

I agree with the regen. Rejoining is much faster

Blind
12-03-2011, 06:25 PM
What kind of a tourney is it if suddenly major rules r changed, people have had heaps of time to join. Look at any other tourney, 32 is 32, u missed out, that's your fault. Plus lvl cap raise is in 2-3 weeks.

Ardon
12-03-2011, 06:47 PM
What kind of a tourney is it if suddenly major rules r changed, people have had heaps of time to join. Look at any other tourney, 32 is 32, u missed out, that's your fault. Plus lvl cap raise is in 2-3 weeks.

Its only been 2 days and this hasn't been promoted that much.

Hestated in the OP that 'more spots will open if needed' so I see this as not a rule change.

Blind
12-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Ok let's add 32 more and let this last till after lvl cap raise. If it happens that'd be the most lame tournament.

Prestige
12-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Relax dude its just a tournament, its suppose to be for fun. If its lame then drop out... No one forced you to join in on the tournament.

FluffNStuff
12-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Either way, I am sure the enginerds will want to wait till the next patch, since word on the street is they are so depressed about the problems with their skills they are committing suicide mid fight :)

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Tourney will begin once I figure out how to make the ladder lol.

Jugernugett
12-03-2011, 08:35 PM
S-so m-m-much pl-platinum O.O

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 08:40 PM
@Silentarrow

is it possible if the Turna host can Video each match? i love to see every PvP matches :P

Sorry, I don't have a capturing device!

Blind
12-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Relax dude its just a tournament, its suppose to be for fun. If its lame then drop out... No one forced you to join in on the tournament.

I'm discussing the problems, don't come here and start provoking people ok.

Joeybats
12-03-2011, 08:48 PM

Devs will likely want to make it larger if they are sure they can fill it. If you want in post here so devs can get an idea.

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Sorry guys, unable to add more spots without deleting the whole tournament :(.

Ardon
12-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Ok let's add 32 more and let this last till after lvl cap raise. If it happens that'd be the most lame tournament.

I never said add 32 more. just add more spots. That's what silent did.

But I see no more spots can be added. So that's cool.

Btw, I'm not too sure about having the 6day delay at max. I think that should be changed to 3 days. 6days is a long time in SL IMO. Just a thought though(:

XxReiReixX
12-03-2011, 09:36 PM
i think that the six day is great because some cant play on certain days and many people live in different time zones

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 09:51 PM
I never said add 32 more. just add more spots. That's what silent did.

But I see no more spots can be added. So that's cool.

Btw, I'm not too sure about having the 6day delay at max. I think that should be changed to 3 days. 6days is a long time in SL IMO. Just a thought though(:

The six days are for people who are usually busy during the week day :).

Blind
12-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Hahah, I guess the finalists r gonna be fighting it out in lvl 40 gear.

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Bracket is out!

ProSophist
12-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Silent, would it be possible for you to post the in-game names of the fighters? Not all the players used their forum name as their character name.

Cero
12-04-2011, 01:12 AM
pff, the battle is starting and im in the middle of "i cant log in"
early this morning my connection was pretty good. but at the end of the day its hard to log in.
i hope it will be fix asap or i might get DQ.

--------
i PM roufos
and my IGN Scotchtape

Nightarcher
12-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Kinda disappointed that the first PVP tourney with a large reward gave people such little time to sign up, and without having the sign-up here first to allow for more contestant slots if needed. And even without a nice Platinum reward, I was waiting for a contest to prove my Commando skillage. ;)

Not complaining, just a little feedback from a non-contestant. :)

Silentarrow
12-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Kinda disappointed that the first PVP tourney with a large reward gave people such little time to sign up, and without having the sign-up here first to allow for more contestant slots if needed. And even without a nice Platinum reward, I was waiting for a contest to prove my Commando skillage. ;)

Not complaining, just a little feedback from a non-contestant. :)

I'll be sure to add more spots for the 41 cap tourney.

Silentarrow
12-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Silent, would it be possible for you to post the in-game names of the fighters? Not all the players used their forum name as their character name.

Your opponent is supposed to pm you their IGN and what time they're available.

Tameron
12-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone! Tis is my first time posting, so bear with me if I seem a little confused!
I'd like to sign up for the tournament, and Tameron is my in game name (it took a while to figure out what you meant by IGN). I'd also like to say that the instructions for signing up were a little frustrating, because I did not know that a reply to this forum thread was all that it required. I have spent most of the last 24 hours asking people and searching this site for a sign up button! Perhaps this is simply a case of advanced noobism, but it was the difference between me being able to compete or not, and given that I make these kind of mistakes, don't you want to compete against me ;)? Please expand the tournament, or host another one, with very clear sign up instructions. If you'd like help writing that, I'd be happy to help. Great job putting this all together SilentArrow! I can't wait to see you all in the arena! Shout out to my guild, V for Vendetta!

Cahaun
12-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Me and Aculeas are to fight each other but I would like to know when because he is offline when I'm online. :p

Ardon
12-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone! Tis is my first time posting, so bear with me if I seem a little confused!
I'd like to sign up for the tournament, and Tameron is my in game name (it took a while to figure out what you meant by IGN). I'd also like to say that the instructions for signing up were a little frustrating, because I did not know that a reply to this forum thread was all that it required. I have spent most of the last 24 hours asking people and searching this site for a sign up button! Perhaps this is simply a case of advanced noobism, but it was the difference between me being able to compete or not, and given that I make these kind of mistakes, don't you want to compete against me ;)? Please expand the tournament, or host another one, with very clear sign up instructions. If you'd like help writing that, I'd be happy to help. Great job putting this all together SilentArrow! I can't wait to see you all in the arena! Shout out to my guild, V for Vendetta!

The reason you couldn't find the join button was because it had filled up already. The tourney has already started. Sorry dude.

The instructions were clear. You just came late to join. Better luck joining the next one.

Aculeas
12-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Me and Aculeas are to fight each other but I would like to know when because he is offline when I'm online. :p

im online right now come beat me.

Cero
12-04-2011, 04:01 PM
@silentarrow wondering when is the 6days deadline? my opponnt ddnt reply my PM in this account.

ProSophist
12-04-2011, 04:14 PM
6 days it way too long as a waiting period.
I pm'd my opponent via forums and he still hasn't responded in 24 hours.

I hope people realize we have roughly 2 weeks or so before the cap increase.

Silentarrow
12-04-2011, 04:17 PM
@silentarrow wondering when is the 6days deadline? my opponnt ddnt reply my PM in this account.

Friday

Silentarrow
12-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the two newest competitors, Nightarcher and Tameron.

Note: These players are not listed on the actual competitions section but the victor between the two will be added to the round two bracket.

Silentarrow
12-04-2011, 04:23 PM

The amount of time may be lowered as we get closer and closer to the cap, for round two I may set it as a 3 day limit.

ProSophist
12-04-2011, 04:25 PM

The amount of time may be lowered as we get closer and closer to the cap, for round two I may set it as a 3 day limit.

Sounds good. Thanks!

Reggin
12-05-2011, 08:20 PM
I messaged mynista to add me for our round... Bofadeezgatz gonna bring it!

Zeus
12-05-2011, 08:33 PM
I have not seen Handinpocket at all during my playing time. I even stayed up till 2AM last night to see if he would log on. No luck. :/ Is there any other alts he may be on?

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Just an outside observation. But 5 days is a long time to wait. If a player signs up, he/she takes responsibility for being around for the battles. If some one is around during first couple days of time frame but for last few has something come up. They lose out in a rather unfair circumstance. Maybe for the next tourney you should stipulate some rules to prevent this.

Reggin
12-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Don't have screen shot ability since my phone isn't rooted, but I beat mynista in first round matches... He said he would reply. Good fights bro!

Ardon
12-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Fireface said he needs his plat to come in for a respect. Our fight is scheduled as soon as his plat comes in.

Silentarrow
12-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Fireface said he needs his plat to come in for a respect. Our fight is scheduled as soon as his plat comes in.

K sounds good, about 6-7 more fights left till round 2 :).

Btw, If you guys are having trouble finding your opponent please PM me, it's easier for me to see :).

Beanmachine
12-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Round 1

Beanie (Me) vs XxReiReixX

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7617/img1028.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/img1028.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Silentarrow
12-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Round 1

Beanie (Me) vs XxReiReixX

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7617/img1028.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/img1028.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

For future reference, please PM me Match results in case I miss your post :).

Grats on the win :).

Nightarcher
12-05-2011, 11:20 PM

Respects cost 2 Plat. He should just do one or two Free Plat Offers. ;)

Beanmachine
12-06-2011, 03:35 PM
For future reference, please PM me Match results in case I miss your post :).

Grats on the win :).

Sorry silly me, I should have known.

Anyway ty:)

FluffNStuff
12-06-2011, 04:30 PM
What is the deal with the walls? Is there a clipping issue or something where you can shoot through them?

Silentarrow
12-06-2011, 04:33 PM
What is the deal with the walls? Is there a clipping issue or something where you can shoot through them?

No, a couple people in the tournament are out right abusing them to heal themselves to max health while their opponent has no chance to kill them.

ProSophist
12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Silent, I think it's a good idea to edit your OP and write out all the new policies.

Also, I suggest listing all the fights and results on the thread orderly so people may keep track of what's been happening.
I'm pretty sure other people also wants to know who's been winning/losing, or who they may have to fight next.

FluffNStuff
12-06-2011, 04:46 PM
No, a couple people in the tournament are out right abusing them to heal themselves to max health while their opponent has no chance to kill them.
So they are running around and the opponent can not catch them?? Sorry, I am just not understanding.

Silentarrow
12-06-2011, 04:51 PM
So they are running around and the opponent can not catch them?? Sorry, I am just not understanding.

Yeah, I sent a PM on it a couple of minutes ago. People are running around those square walls using their heal buffs do they get to max health while their opponent stays at low health.

Silentarrow
12-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Silent, I think it's a good idea to edit your OP and write out all the new policies.

Also, I suggest listing all the fights and results on the thread orderly so people may keep track of what's been happening.
I'm pretty sure other people also wants to know who's been winning/losing, or who they may have to fight next.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll update the OP later tonight :).

Zeus
12-06-2011, 05:35 PM
If you want, I can video record matches. There are a couple in the tourney that abuse this rule to the fullest. I know with some of them, I spent 1 hour on ONE match. Flat out ridiculous, IMO. PvP is not a lounge, especially not during a tourney. If you want to hide behind walls until your health is full; that just makes you a coward IMO.

ProSophist
12-06-2011, 05:44 PM
If you want, I can video record matches. There are a couple in the tourney that abuse this rule to the fullest. I know with some of them, I spent 1 hour on ONE match. Flat out ridiculous, IMO. PvP is not a lounge, especially not during a tourney. If you want to hide behind walls until your health is full; that just makes you a coward IMO.

If you can do that, especially for my future fights, I would give you everlasting brotherly love, and I will be forever in your debt!

Zeus
12-06-2011, 07:05 PM
If you can do that, especially for my future fights, I would give you everlasting brotherly love, and I will be forever in your debt!

OMG! You're BoeJangles!!!! LOL! I'll definitely record for you. :)

Kenzor
12-06-2011, 10:46 PM
To be fair, I see no problem with hiding behind pillars. There are no specific rules in pvp and anything goes. If your opponent decides to run and hide, it becomes your job to stop them. As a com I can slow and knock them down, and if I fail to do that while they try to kite me, I'm the only one to blame for my death.

morfic
12-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Never seen a game where using line of sight to heal and avoid alphas was not widely used in pvp. Its a valid strategy (albeit annoying).

Rittik
12-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Hey I am completely against this!!?
Whats this!! U make rules about using skills???
I wanna run free as i like...i wanna run and heal...its my choice...i am independent to select my skills
If i dont...Commandoes always win...engines have many heals...too

What you want...operatives to loose???

Daarkshadowzz
12-06-2011, 11:57 PM

Okay first of all i completely disagree with this comment, If you are an op or a commando who does not have heal in your speck it should be your job to stop the player before they run and re heal.
Let me make this very clear to everyone. EVERY SINGLE CLASS! has the ability to stop an opponent who is about to run and hide. Operatives have root, commandos have slow and knock down and Engineers have their own yellow stun thing. SO THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON! or excuse that your opponent has managed to get away.

The pillars are there for a reason, thats what they were made for!

So that engineers and ops can re heal. Its been like this in WOW and in other video games. The only reason people are complaining is that they DONT know how to stop it. I just told u how. So if ur opponent is on low hp, cripple them and finish the kill.

With the introduction of this rule many players including myself are contemplating to resign. Since obviously commandos will be able to kill all other classes very efficiently. Let me also make one more point clear they are THE ONLY CLASS that has the ability to do a self COMBO! why dont u disqualify those who use it?? i mean obviously ur giving them plat implants, THE COMBO and now u want to introduce a NO RUN/HEAL policy.

I MEAN cammon, how much more do u want to nerf all other classes lets not forget that Comandos also have 1 more heal regen.

Beanmachine
12-07-2011, 12:09 AM
I do have to agree with some points, how commando's are over-powered, since this is just BETA PVP, there are still some uneven aspects to PvP.

Zeus
12-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Okay first of all i completely disagree with this comment, If you are an op or a commando who does not have heal in your speck it should be your job to stop the player before they run and re heal.
Let me make this very clear to everyone. EVERY SINGLE CLASS! has the ability to stop an opponent who is about to run and hide. Operatives have root, commandos have slow and knock down and Engineers have their own yellow stun thing. SO THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON! or excuse that your opponent has managed to get away.

So that engineers and ops can re heal. Its been like this in WOW and in other video games. The only reason people are complaining is that they DONT know how to stop it. I just told u how. So if ur opponent is on low hp, cripple them and finish the kill.

With the introduction of this rule many players including myself are contemplating to resign. Since obviously commandos will be able to kill all other classes very efficiently. Let me also make one more point clear they are THE ONLY CLASS that has the ability to do a self COMBO! why dont u disqualify those who use it?? i mean obviously ur giving them plat implants, THE COMBO and now u want to introduce a NO RUN/HEAL policy.

I MEAN cammon, how much more do u want to nerf all other classes lets not forget that Comandos also have 1 more heal regen.

I believe Samhayne disagreed with your fighting style too. Yes, there is strategy for running. What you do is not strategy though. You literally SIT at the corners until you're full or near full health. According to Sam, it's an exploit and will be dealt with.

EDIT: Also you do not need to sit/"hide" to kill commandos. Have you ever considered maybe YOU just don't know how yet?

Zeus
12-07-2011, 02:13 AM
To be fair, I see no problem with hiding behind pillars. There are no specific rules in pvp and anything goes. If your opponent decides to run and hide, it becomes your job to stop them. As a com I can slow and knock them down, and if I fail to do that while they try to kite me, I'm the only one to blame for my death.

With commando it's very easy to stop them. Almost every single one of your skills stun/slow down. Now try and switch to an Operative or Engineer and accomplish the same thing. It's suddenly a lot harder.

Cero
12-07-2011, 03:20 AM
I believe Samhayne disagreed with your fighting style too. Yes, there is strategy for running. What you do is not strategy though. You literally SIT at the corners until you're full or near full health. According to Sam, it's an exploit and will be dealt with.

EDIT: Also you do not need to sit/"hide" to kill commandos. Have you ever considered maybe YOU just don't know how yet?

hmmm, SIT until FULL HP... pff

I've been pmed a couple of times that dome competitors are abusing the walls in the map to heal themselves to full health while their opponent has no chance of getting them. IMO and in the opinion of many others this is completly unfair. Doing this now will result in a disqualification from the tournament.

Note: It is ok to use the walls, but if they are abused you will be disqualified.

Please send proof that you're opponent is doing this with a picture if it is happening.

Thoughts? Opinions?

so its ok to hide/dodge using the pillar boxes. not abusing it by sitting til full HP.
i admit i do hide on pillars but not Sitting til full HP. lmao

Kenzor
12-07-2011, 07:27 AM

Dark has managed to kill me with over half his hp remaining, without boasting i rarely lose 1v1 against any class. He does it with the correct spec and pvp technique and if he stuns and runs to kill me, well done him :)

Nightarcher
12-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Here are my thoughts on the "kitting/running away problem."

I think it's a good idea to specify that it's "running away" that's banned. And I totally agree, a fight where the opponent avoids confrontation isn't really what PL/SL pvp is about. In real life where lives are at stake, sure. But this is a contest to see who can play their best class offense/defence in a fight, not how well you can run away.

Kiting just barely within range is fine and often necessary if fighting a Commando. Just don't forget, the goal is to actually kill the enemy as fast as possible. :)

asazocave
12-07-2011, 09:31 AM
suppose if player has 800+ ping so should he join it or not

Thade
12-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I've nearly completed a 1 v 1 face off arena. I suspect this might be useful for your tournament. It should be available in the near future.

FluffNStuff
12-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I've nearly completed a 1 v 1 face off arena. I suspect this might be useful for your tournament. It should be available in the near future.
Any chance you could give us an 'arena completion' to 'new level cap' time ratio, as that could be important for the tourny.

Ebalere
12-07-2011, 11:33 AM

AWESOME! This is exciting! *pictures an octagon or X-shaped room*

Samhayne
12-07-2011, 12:45 PM

I think the new map that Thade is making will help to address kiting issues for 1v1. For this tournament, it's your show. You guys can do what you feel is best for everyone and the tournament. Me personally, I feel that excessive kiting and abuse of geometry is just that, an abuse. I just means that to be competitive, everyone will need to do this and then turn things into "who can kite the best." Which, to some extent pvp is about who can kite the best, but there is a line there somewhere where on one side it's cool and on the other side it's an abuse.

Ellyidol
12-07-2011, 01:32 PM

Galactical coliseum comes to mind ;)

If I may interject, from my previous experience in hosting a tournament, if the kiting issue is already on the verge of being an exploit, I would forbid it from being used. Slippery slope if you let it go, IMO.

Kiting for regen and cooldowns is acceptable to a degree, of course.

ProSophist
12-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Quite a few people here with skewed logic.

There is a fine line between kiting/LoS-ing and flat-out running.

The issue that Silent is trying to address is that people are abusing the pillars. Players are allowed to use it tactically, not abuse it.
For instance, an op and com are battling it out. They both reach the 10% HP mark. The Op proceeds to pillar hug and repeatedly waits for his Inner Focus cooldowns until he reaches full or nearly full HP.
It's not hard to spec 6 points into Inner Focus and hide behind the pillars till I get full health and mana.

On the other hand, I find it completely acceptable if the player uses the pillars to constantly dodge/juke enemy skills. THAT, I would consider a smart tactic.
Why? Both players have equal opportunities of staying away from damage. If one player chooses to use the hide behind the wall to avoid damage, he won't be able to deal damage as well.
Whereas if you just hide behind the pillars for the sole purpose of healing back to full health, it doesn't mean your opponent can do it as well. See my drift?

It also baffles me how people complain about Commandos being overpowered in PvP. Coming from someone who plays both a capped Op and Com, I can honestly say that Ops still have the upper hand. With Gravity Well being broken, it would take extreme luck for a Commando to catch up to a decent Operative player. Once GW gets fixed, I can honestly say that backbreaker combo damage needs to be toned down a bit, to maintain balance. The main problem is that most people prefer to whine about classes being OP instead of actually finding out a way to beat them. If anything, Engineers need a much needed buff.

Cahaun
12-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Good luck to all that are still in the tourny! I'm still going to spectate them. :apple:

Cero
12-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Quite a few people here with skewed logic.

There is a fine line between kiting/LoS-ing and flat-out running.

The issue that Silent is trying to address is that people are abusing the pillars. Players are allowed to use it tactically, not abuse it.
For instance, an op and com are battling it out. They both reach the 10% HP mark. The Op proceeds to pillar hug and repeatedly waits for his Inner Focus cooldowns until he reaches full or nearly full HP.
It's not hard to spec 6 points into Inner Focus and hide behind the pillars till I get full health and mana.

On the other hand, I find it completely acceptable if the player uses the pillars to constantly dodge/juke enemy skills. THAT, I would consider a smart tactic.
Why? Both players have equal opportunities of staying away from damage. If one player chooses to use the hide behind the wall to avoid damage, he won't be able to deal damage as well.
Whereas if you just hide behind the pillars for the sole purpose of healing back to full health, it doesn't mean your opponent can do it as well. See my drift?

It also baffles me how people complain about Commandos being overpowered in PvP. Coming from someone who plays both a capped Op and Com, I can honestly say that Ops still have the upper hand. With Gravity Well being broken, it would take extreme luck for a Commando to catch up to a decent Operative player. Once GW gets fixed, I can honestly say that backbreaker combo damage needs to be toned down a bit, to maintain balance. The main problem is that most people prefer to whine about classes being OP instead of actually finding out a way to beat them. If anything, Engineers need a much needed buff.

well said.

Silentarrow
12-07-2011, 05:04 PM

Awesome! I'll probably be using it for the level 40-41 cap tournament. Anychance that there will be a "spectators" team for this map?

Zeus
12-07-2011, 07:41 PM
FluffnStuff defeated Serpus 10-7. None of us have screenies, but I believe that we all agree this happened.

Daarkshadowzz
12-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I think the new map that Thade is making will help to address kiting issues for 1v1. For this tournament, it's your show. You guys can do what you feel is best for everyone and the tournament. Me personally, I feel that excessive kiting and abuse of geometry is just that, an abuse. I just means that to be competitive, everyone will need to do this and then turn things into "who can kite the best." Which, to some extent pvp is about who can kite the best, but there is a line there somewhere where on one side it's cool and on the other side it's an abuse.

Good see, there was a reason why those pillars were there, if you guys want we can pause the comp until the new arena comes out. And play free style, anything goes in arena, im sure many of the players would be happy with that choice. You might not like how people use their enviroment sure, but i call that adapting. You throw two enemies in an arena, the one who has the best skills in adaption should deserve to win. If your allowing any gear even plat as well as any spec, there should be no restrictions in the arena. Also you guys are forgeting that the cds on heals are over 30sec. I personally have 3-4 skills which are all 30sec CD now, you might call it abuse, that i wait behind a pillar for them to recharge, but im not stupid enough to go up against someone who has speced all their abilities in dps with 6sec CDS. That just wouldnt be fair.

I personally beleive that the tournoment should be post poned, the new cap will affect it anyway. Also another way this conflict can be resolved is for the players to agree on what rules will apply, i mean obviously there would be no problem if both players agreed on run/kiting and vise versa.

My opinion still stands if were using any weapons, any implants, then we should be allowed to fight how we want in the arena. Keep it freestyle, and youll keep the people happy. Because there are more ways to fight then just pure dps.

Zeus
12-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Good see, there was a reason why those pillars were there, if you guys want we can pause the comp until the new arena comes out. And play free style, anything goes in arena, im sure many of the players would be happy with that choice. You might not like how people use their enviroment sure, but i call that adapting. You throw two enemies in an arena, the one who has the best skills in adaption should deserve to win. If your allowing any gear even plat as well as any spec, there should be no restrictions in the arena. Also you guys are forgeting that the cds on heals are over 30sec. I personally have 3-4 skills which are all 30sec CD now, you might call it abuse, that i wait behind a pillar for them to recharge, but im not stupid enough to go up against someone who has speced all their abilities in dps with 6sec CDS. That just wouldnt be fair.

I personally beleive that the tournoment should be post poned, the new cap will affect it anyway. Also another way this conflict can be resolved is for the players to agree on what rules will apply, i mean obviously there would be no problem if both players agreed on run/kiting and vise versa.

My opinion still stands if were using any weapons, any implants, then we should be allowed to fight how we want in the arena. Keep it freestyle, and youll keep the people happy. Because there are more ways to fight then just pure dps.

So let me get this straight, you want the rules to revolve around you because you chose to invest in 30 second CD skills? Honestly, I have the 30 second CD skills too, but like you said, I adapt and learn to deal with it. You don't need your environment. Instead, you should learn to rely on your other skills and familiarizing yourself with their usefulness instead of being dependent on your 3 main skills. Hiding behind a pillar while regaining health/buying time for your 30 second CD skills is not strategy. It's an act of cowardice and inflexibility. You said it yourself, you need to adapt. I know, you're going to say, but WoW players do it too! This is not WoW, that's all. This is Star Legends.

I don't see why the tournament should be postponed because it's not in your favor anymore. Plenty of tournaments have gone on and have been completed before the level cap raise. Take a look at AbsolutePally's tournaments. All happened moments before the level cap and some went through the level cap. If your skills truly shine, you will adapt. After all, with new cap raise, you should theoretically just have an improved skill build because all you're doing is simply adding onto the build you already have, correct? Builds don't normally radically change from level cap to level cap.

Ardon
12-07-2011, 09:29 PM
As of now. I'm pulling out of the tournament.
Too many rule changes and the cap is coming soon. IMO There's no point to compete in a tournament with rules that are constantly changing.

I'll probably join other tournaments later though.
Good luck to everyone(:

Silentarrow
12-07-2011, 09:31 PM
As of now. I'm pulling out of the tournament.
Too many rule changes and the cap is coming soon. IMO There's no point to compete in a tournament with rules that are constantly changing.

I'll probably join other tournaments later though.
Good luck to everyone(:

:(...

Silentarrow
12-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Current Match Results

Round 1

Silentarrow. Vs Hans *Winner: Hans

LIGHT GIVER vs Supernovaman Winner: Light Giver

ProSophist vs Adryan Lucero Pending

Liem vs THE Tesla Winner: The Telsa

panchovilla vs saiyen Pending

handinpocket vs Apollo Pending

XxReiReixX vs Beanmachine Winner: Beanmachine

roufus vs Cero Winner: Cero

Anant Agarwal vs Ltsnake Pending

serprus vs FluffNStuff Winner: FluffNSnuff

Reggin vs MYNISTA Pending

captainzach vs Daarkshadowzz *Pending

Nands vs. Bakoffmycandy Winner: Nands

Aculeas vs Cahaun Winner:Aculeas

Blind vs Kanozaki *Winner: Kanozaki

Oktav Vian vs krattos Pending

Fireface vs Ardon Pending

Tameron vs Nightarcher Winner: Nightarcher

Zeus
12-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Current Match Results

Silent, Handinpocket seems nowhere to be found. I even tried contacting him through forums and I have yet to get a response. :/

Silentarrow
12-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Silent, Handinpocket seems nowhere to be found. I even tried contacting him through forums and I have yet to get a response. :/

K np, I'm sending out a "IT'S HIS FAULT HE HAVEN'T FOUGHT YET, I SWEAR!!" pm tommorow so I know who to DQ :).

Daarkshadowzz
12-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Appollo i dont think you fully understand what my point is, you CLAIM i want the rules changed so they benefit me?!

Let me make this clear I DO NOT WANT ANY RULES, they discriminate against classes. When you enter the arena the only thing that should distinguish u from your enemy is the score!

I entered this tournoment and have taken the time and PLATNIUM to prepare for your competition and now you want me to spend more plat to change my skills and speck because ur changing all these rules. Whos paying these 500 plat reward? Me?? Ive spent easily over 100plat on gear and speck changes and etc. Now your telling me while the tournoment is on ur changing the rules. No wonder people are droping out the comp. Most players want the same rules they came in with. No restrictions on implants and no restriction on the pvp style. Keep it freestyle.

FluffNStuff
12-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Silent, is there a way to see the whole bracket, like the NCAA tourney, or can you just see it?

Pharcyde
12-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Most players want the same rules they came in with. No restrictions on implants and no restriction on the pvp style. Keep it freestyle.

I don't know one person that considers free style to hide behind a wall for 3 mins. You know what we call people like you in PL? Tree huggers. Buuutttt since theres no trees and a pillar, new term for huggers is pole dancers. Keep your pole dancing out of the tournament.

ProSophist
12-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Appollo i dont think you fully understand what my point is, you CLAIM i want the rules changed so they benefit me?!

Let me make this clear I DO NOT WANT ANY RULES, they discriminate against classes. When you enter the arena the only thing that should distinguish u from your enemy is the score!

I entered this tournoment and have taken the time and PLATNIUM to prepare for your competition and now you want me to spend more plat to change my skills and speck because ur changing all these rules. Whos paying these 500 plat reward? Me?? Ive spent easily over 100plat on gear and speck changes and etc. Now your telling me while the tournoment is on ur changing the rules. No wonder people are droping out the comp. Most players want the same rules they came in with. No restrictions on implants and no restriction on the pvp style. Keep it freestyle.

Even though your argument(It seems that you are trying hard to come up with one) had no credibility to begin with, that statement completely diminishes your chances of ever getting one.

I have my vote FOR this rule and the continuation of the contest.
Like I said, there a fine line between kiting and flat-out pole-hugging. It's a norm. A knowledgeable player would know that.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, this tourney does not revolve on one contestant, but the whole group.
I don't see this imposing a disadvantage on a certain class. Better yet, it just gives every one an even field.

People want to fight. I want to fight. I've been waiting for 4 days and my opponent has not contacted me whatsoever.
If people want to withdraw, let it be. I really could care less.

BUT, this is just one man's opinion. It's not my contest. But I'm going to be honest with my statement.

Zeus
12-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I'd thank you guys, but I'm out of my daily thanks. :(

Fireface
12-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Im in with darkshadowzz. Honestly do you think an eng would be able to defeat an op or com like that?

Zeus
12-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Im in with darkshadowzz. Honestly do you think an eng would be able to defeat an op or com like that?

I've seen Engineers defeat commandos face to face with a little bit of kiting. It all depends on your build.

Fireface
12-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Play as an eng use empathy and transference for yourself so you know how much of a fail it is. an op would do heavy dmg which empathy cannot fully heal let alone heal anything. transference does not heal. against a com he can take your hits and heal them back while he just throws you around. so as an eng u will NEED TO BE ABLE to run and heal some dmg since heal is a fail at the moment

Pharcyde
12-07-2011, 11:57 PM
[F][I][R][E][F][A][C][E]

1.) Remove the [I]
2.) Add a [L] behind the first [F]
3.) Move the 2nd [F] behind the [A] and change it to [R]
3.) replace the 1st [R]with[A]
4.) Add a [M] behind the first [A]
5.) Now remove the 2nd [A], the [C] and 2nd [E]

_ _ _ _ _ _

Zeus
12-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Play as an eng use empathy and transference for yourself so you know how much of a fail it is. an op would do heavy dmg which empathy cannot fully heal let alone heal anything. transference does not heal. against a com he can take your hits and heal them back while he just throws you around. so as an eng u will NEED TO BE ABLE to run and heal some dmg since heal is a fail at the moment

Now, I'm not sure you read what the matter is about. I DO NOT mind kiting. That's part of the game. Hiding is the issue. Engineers NEED kiting to win, that I can agree with.

Fireface
12-08-2011, 12:37 AM
???

Reggin
12-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Silent... I beat mynista... Not gonna root a phone I use for work... But he quit after a 3-0 start. Waiting on round two opponent...

THE Tesla
12-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Hey i posted this under competition, but i dont think it was really read, but this is my stand on the tournament...I am not jumping to conclusions as to why there is a rule change, I won't even reference what the rule change is, its irrelevant. But the fact that one is being made after the tournament has already started is a slippery slope. What will the next rule change be? Double elimination? Barefists? Pet fight? Come on, stick to the rules YOU made at the beginning of this, because no offense but this tournament is looking not very well thought out.

FluffNStuff
12-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Hey i posted this under competition, but i dont think it was really read, but this is my stand on the tournament...I am not jumping to conclusions as to why there is a rule change, I won't even reference what the rule change is, its irrelevant. But the fact that one is being made after the tournament has already started is a slippery slope. What will the next rule change be? Double elimination? Barefists? Pet fight? Come on, stick to the rules YOU made at the beginning of this, because no offense but this tournament is looking not very well thought out.
I understand where you are coming from, and in general adding rules to a tournament are a bad idea, but this is more of actually stating an unwritten rule. While the rules do not explicitly prohibit having guild members join the match and start healing you, if that actually happened, I am sure they would add a rule for it.

THE Tesla
12-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I understand where you are coming from, and in general adding rules to a tournament are a bad idea, but this is more of actually stating an unwritten rule. While the rules do not explicitly prohibit having guild members join the match and start healing you, if that actually happened, I am sure they would add a rule for it.

If that were to happen, it should be disqualification for 2v1. This rule change is directed at a person's strategy in a fight. Which I believe this forces every player to play in the same style, resulting in copycat kill methods. IMO, that would NOT be fun. What makes mmos so fun to play, for me, is that I know that whoever I face as a unique individual with a unique thinking pattern and will hopefully deliver a unique fight experience. So again, I say let people fight how they want to fight and just be prepared for anything.

FluffNStuff
12-08-2011, 11:44 AM
If that were to happen, it should be disqualification for 2v1. This rule change is directed at a person's strategy in a fight. Which I believe this forces every player to play in the same style, resulting in copycat kill methods. IMO, that would NOT be fun. What makes mmos so fun to play, for me, is that I know that whoever I face as a unique individual with a unique thinking pattern and will hopefully deliver a unique fight experience. So again, I say let people fight how they want to fight and just be prepared for anything.

I honestly can't say that I personally disagree with you. I would be curious to see what this actually looks like in a match.

THE Tesla
12-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I honestly can't say that I personally disagree with you. I would be curious to see what this actually looks like in a match.

The Defense rests.

FluffNStuff
12-08-2011, 12:47 PM
The Defense rests.
I have not seen this yet in the match, so my testimony is purely hearsay, not the mention that I am quite unreliable.

FluffNStuff
12-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Current Match Results

Pending seems to be kicking some Arse. I hope I don't have to face him or her next!

Silentarrow
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Silent... I beat mynista... Not gonna root a phone I use for work... But he quit after a 3-0 start. Waiting on round two opponent...

Please PM me next time :).

Silentarrow
12-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Silent, is there a way to see the whole bracket, like the NCAA tourney, or can you just see it?

No sorry! I Spent about three hours trying to make one on the forums so I just gave up!

Reggin
12-08-2011, 05:41 PM
I did bro lol...

Please PM me next time :).

Aculeas
12-08-2011, 05:43 PM
To what end is the new pvp player map going to effect this tourney? Do all 1 vs 1 have to take place there to?

Deshx
12-08-2011, 05:59 PM
+1

+10

Kanozaki
12-08-2011, 06:11 PM
I am personally FOR this new rule change as "pole hugging" can be abused.

For those against this think of it this way, a COM doing this would eliminate any way of an op standing a chance against one thus making it an uneven playing field.This does not mean you cant kite , by all means kiting is an important part of pvp especially for an engi and op.Kiting however does NOT mean hide.

Zeus
12-08-2011, 06:18 PM
I am personally FOR this new rule change as "pole hugging" can be abused.

For those against this think of it this way, a COM doing this would eliminate any way of an op standing a chance against one thus making it an uneven playing field.This does not mean you cant kite , by all means kiting is an important part of pvp especially for an engi and op.Kiting however does NOT mean hide.

This. If I made a video of what we were talking about, I'm pretty sure the majority would be appalled and request for a rule change immediately.

Kanozaki
12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
This. If I made a video of what we were talking about, I'm pretty sure the majority would be appalled and request for a rule change immediately.

exactly.

Silentarrow
12-08-2011, 06:40 PM
To what end is the new pvp player map going to effect this tourney? Do all 1 vs 1 have to take place there to?

Competitors will have to settle on the map themselves, if there is a dispute they can PM me and I will flip a coin, Heads-Large room Tails 1v1 room.

Cero
12-08-2011, 07:39 PM
the new map has only a max point of 5kills.

-----
wish that we can still use the 1st map. my guild wants to speculate:P

Zeus
12-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Competitors will have to settle on the map themselves, if there is a dispute they can PM me and I will flip a coin, Heads-Large room Tails 1v1 room.

If we do the 1v1 room, we will need to fight twice in order to add it up to 10.

Daarkshadowzz
12-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Maybe its a good idea to play 5 kills in each map? TBH i think thats the fairest thing that can be done. 5 games in pure dps. and 5 games in hit and run. It should make players think outside the box and change their tactics. So lets assume a weak player does Poll hugg in first map, and lets even assume he somehow manages to get a maximum of 5 kills. In a straight fight Dps he will most likely lose. So to me the only difference that will seperate the two is who makes the mistake first.

The pole hugger or the DPSer.

Silent i would on behalf of the defence ask that 5 games be played in each arena. It is the fairest everyone can hope for. ( Unless both players agree to play in the same map)

Ardon
12-08-2011, 07:59 PM
I really wish there could be some spectator area. To watch the new map fights

Silentarrow
12-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Agreed!

Silentarrow
12-08-2011, 08:22 PM
If we do the 1v1 room, we will need to fight twice in order to add it up to 10.

Yep!

Zeus
12-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Yep!

Cool, I'm down for any map, tbh. The hiding rule still applies, right? I think it needs to be explained clearly though, because now people don't know the difference between kitting and hiding.

Daarkshadowzz
12-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Just adding on to that Silent, both maps should have a NO RULE policy implied, obviously if there is an arena that u cant run in and hide there should be one in which runing and hiding is allowed. That to me seems logical. And 5 games in both should potentially prove that the winner is better in both maps overall.

Kanozaki
12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Cool, I'm down for any map, tbh. The hiding rule still applies, right? I think it needs to be explained clearly though, because now people don't know the difference between kitting and hiding.

hmm if you arnt already i can make a guide demonstrating kiting .

Silentarrow
12-08-2011, 09:27 PM

Hiding rule is still in affect, yes.

Zeus
12-08-2011, 09:51 PM
hmm if you arnt already i can make a guide demonstrating kiting .

Currently working on it. :) If you want to be my assistant, lemme know. I have the text based already set up, but I haven't released it yet and won't until the tourney is over so it won't skew match results.

Kanozaki
12-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Currently working on it. :) If you want to be my assistant, lemme know. I have the text based already set up, but I haven't released it yet and won't until the tourney is over so it won't skew match results.

oh haha im totally down to educate the masses , lemme know how i can help (:

Thade
12-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Just so you guys know I am looking into a spectator mode. There are several bugs I want to fix first with the current content,but I agree it'd be great to have a spectator area.

Silentarrow
12-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Just so you guys know I am looking into a spectator mode. There are several bugs I want to fix first with the current content,but I agree it'd be great to have a spectator area.

Awesome :).

THE Tesla
12-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Just so you guys know I am looking into a spectator mode. There are several bugs I want to fix first with the current content,b
ut I agree it'd be great to have a spectator area.
Would you be able to just disarm the specators abilities?

Zeus
12-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Kano Vs Krattos: Kano Lost 10-7

TeslaApprentence vs BoeJangles: Tesla lost 10-3.

THE Tesla
12-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Kano Vs Krattos: Kano Lost 10-7

TeslaApprentence vs BoeJangles: Tesla lost 10-3.

Nope boe WON 10-3 :-)

Daarkshadowzz
12-10-2011, 07:13 PM
http://oi42.tinypic.com/dvox6t.jpg

I bet ReiRei 4-0 He forfeits.

Zeus
12-12-2011, 12:34 AM
I won Beanmachine 10-5.

Beanmachine
12-12-2011, 12:43 AM
I won Beanmachine 10-5.

Guess this means I'm your slave now:/

Zeus
12-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Guess this means I'm your slave now:/

LOL, whoops! I meant, I won vs Beanmachine 10-5. :)

Beanmachine
12-12-2011, 02:06 AM
LOL, whoops! I meant, I won vs Beanmachine 10-5. :)

That's mucho bueno :D

ProSophist
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Tick tock the new update is almost here.

How close are we to wrapping this up? :confused:

FluffNStuff
12-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Tick tock the new update is almost here.

How close are we to wrapping this up? :confused:
I was AWOL this weekend, need to fight nightarcher. Hoping to schedule it for tonight.

Zeus
12-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Any updates on this tourney? Kinda holding onto my gear due to it.

Silentarrow
12-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Yep, Round 3 starts tommorow, we will not be pausing due to the cap, although all fights are expected to be done in level 35 gear. Players are expected to be at least in a two level range of eachother.

Ardon
12-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Yep, Round 3 starts tommorow, we will not be pausing due to the cap, although all fights are expected to be done in level 35 gear. Players are expected to be at least in a two level range of eachother.

So that means that they aren't allowed to lvl bc of the tournament? lol
We got some hardcore people in the tournament that will get 40 within the day of the update

Zeus
12-15-2011, 09:41 PM

Silent, I think it should be based on the level they are. Why should I have to miss out on new content because others haven't gotten around to it yet? If this rule stays, I'd like to drop out, please.

Silentarrow
12-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Silent, I think it should be based on the level they are. Why should I have to miss out on new content because others haven't gotten around to it yet? If this rule stays, I'd like to drop out, please.

I don't recall saying that players could level up/enjoy the new content. I said that players are expected to fight in level 35 gear and be in at most a 2 level difference. I'm all up for you guys compromising and using level 40 gear or fighting when one of you guys are level 30 and the other 40.

Originally Posted by Silentarrow
Yep, Round 3 starts tommorow, we will not be pausing due to the cap, although all fights are expected to be done in level 35 gear Players are expected to be at least in a two level range of eachother.

Zeus
12-15-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't recall saying that players could level up/enjoy the new content. I said that players are expected to fight in level 35 gear and be in at most a 2 level difference. I'm all up for you guys compromising and using level 40 gear or fighting when one of you guys are level 30 and the other 40.

So it's not really a rule then? Great! :)

Silentarrow
12-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah :). Just make sure your competitor agrees.

Daarkshadowzz
12-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Why wasnt i included into round 3?

Nands
12-16-2011, 04:41 AM
Me too, I win against Aculeas and sent the print screen.

Silentarrow
12-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Me too, I win against Aculeas and sent the print screen.

Sorry!!!!! That's my fault! I removed you from the tournament instead of Aculeas.

My apologies,

Silent

Nands
12-17-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm holding my lvl at 36 for the tourney, hope can end fast, since I'm at semifinal already.

Silentarrow
12-17-2011, 05:54 PM
@Nands you are allowed to level right now. No sence staying level 36.

Nands
12-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Ok, let me see what level I can get until next battle.

Cero
12-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Congrats, Boe for winning the tourna.

i enjoyed our match :)

Krattos, Good job buddy.