PDA

View Full Version : how to: INT Enchantress

roguedubb
07-14-2010, 08:26 PM
I see a lot of discussion about INT Enchantresses and thought I'd chime in with a new thread instead of continuing to scatter single points all over the place. I will not be dealing with why you want to spec INT, as you can play PL with any spec. Instead I focus on getting the most out of each stat and skill point spent, while staying firmly within the bounds of an INT Enchantress.

STATS
If you raise your STR to 11 and combine this with 1/5 in Blessing of Might (which gives you +5 STR) you will reach 16 STR for 1Hs. Combine this with the 2Hs from Blessing of vitality and you have 3Hs for very minimal investment (10 stat points, 2 skill points).

Speccing pure INT is bad news if you want to reach 100 Hit, which is important for all classes. Given that an Enchantress only has one healing spell with a cooldown on it, even if you consider yourself primarily a healer you still have a lot of time to do some damage or debuffing without interfering with your healing duties. You could either spec for 100 Hit while naked, or 100 Hit while wearing your chosen gear. Speccing while naked gives you the advantage of not having to respec to reach 100 Hit if your gear changes. Speccing while wearing your chosen gear ensures you can put as many points as possible in to INT.

Speccing while naked is best done outside of a town or instance to ensure that there are no buffs interfering with your stats. Now, if you allocate the rest of your stats into INT, minus about 20 you should reach 90ish Hit at level 45. Now if you figure out how many points of DEX you need to reach 100 Hit (considering 0.5 Hit per 1 DEX), you can allocate a single point of INT at a time until you have the right amount of points left to spend in DEX and reach 100 Hit. Be careful and allocate a single point at a time and check your Hit with each point because you also get a small amount of Hit from INT, which may reduce the amount you need to spend in DEX. Also, be careful when putting points into DEX because your Hit will only increase by every-other point of DEX, so after reaching 100 Hit you may be left with a stat to put into INT. Once you have allocated all your stats and equipped your gear you will probably be a few points over 100 Hit, but you won't have to worry about respeccing if you change your gear.

Speccing while wearing your chosen gear is similar to the above description, except that you should equip your gear as soon as you reach the highest stat requirement for your gear. The is to ensure that when you continue allocating stat points your gear has been factored in to the stats you are seeing (instead of completing your spec, then equipping your gear and finding out you are now a few points above 100 Hit).

For more information regarding Enchantress stats, please see:
http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0AinmiYLB4ejhdC13aGp3SXl5MTltX0M5akN4elRZO Wc&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

SKILLS
There is a lot of room to vary how you allocate skill points, so first I will cover what I would consider the basics for any Enchantress.

5/5 Heal - Even if you only heal yourself you will get the most out of this spell by going the full 5 points into it. This is also the only group heal currently available and groups love heals.

1/5 Resurrect - As the only class able to resurrect, to not spec 1/5 into this could be viewed as extremely selfish. If a tank dies and has to run back, you are wasting their time, your time and the time of up to 3 other people. Not spending 1 skill point here is like taunting your group. 5/5 will only reduce the mana cost, which may be useful if you have low Ms, but if you are casting this often, you may well find your group disintegrating pretty quickly.

1/5 Blessing of Vitality - +2Hs and +25 Health will help keep you alive, add some handy regeneration and if you factor in 4 other group members this amounts to +10Hs and +125 Health for a single skill point. Once again for the non-healers, this will help even you as you will not need to heal or use potions as often. The extra 8 Armor per skill point is OK, but not exactly great value, but it beats the extra 2 Armor per point in Magic Shield (ty Royce). Because the +Armor part of the buff has such a short duration, to get any benefit from it you have to cast it when you are being beaten, so it is situational at best.

1/5 or 5/5 Blessing of Might - 1/5 if you are really focused on just healing, 5/5 otherwise. 1/5 will give your group +5 STR and if you followed the stat allocation recommendation above this will ensure you reach 16 STR and get 1Hs. But the real fun here is the short duration self buff, providing +25 Damage and +50 Crit if you spec 5/5. If you use this buff every time it is available you can greatly increase your damage (cast it just as you enter combat to get the most out of the duration). At 45 with an INT spec you will have 20 Crit or more, not adding an extra 50 Crit and +25 Damage will seriously hinder your damage.

5/5 Nightmare and 5/5 Weakness - As an INT Enchantress you are squishy, real squishy. If you position these spells side-by-side you can cast them both together, for a combined effect of: -50 Damage, -25 Dodge, -50 Armor, -25 Hit. If you end up with a boss or a pack of mobs beating on you, this can give you enough time to survive while a tank picks up agro. Stacking -Armor effects can also give your group some really big damage numbers. If you are a healer this can help fill in the dead time between heals and also reduce the amount of healing required. Even if you don't heal this can help you survive long enough to keep you doing damage (which is totally awesome by the way).

1/5 Magic Shield - Once again, as an INT Enchantress you can explode real quickly, so if you feel like you are about to be exploded, pop this. However, you don't necessarily need to pop this at the same time as Nightmare+Weakness. With the short duration of all these spells, you can either cast them all together and be sure to live for a short time, hoping your tank recognises you are in trouble and manages to snatch agro from you. Or you can cast Nightmare+Weakness to reduce the damage you are taking and if your tank hasn't helped you out by about 9 seconds into Nightmare+Weakness, you can pop Magic Shield and give yourself another 12 seconds to live and for your tank to act. It should be noted that Magic Shield does not make you invulnerable; if incoming damage exceeds your current Mana+Health you will die. If there are a bunch of mobs or a boss that has not been debuffed, you could quite easily take that much damage very quickly (with roughly 200 Health and 400 Mana, you have an effective Health of 600, without factoring in Armor).

The damage spells are mostly a matter of personal preference. 1/5 Ice Storm can be handy to give yourself some time to run and is needed for the Firestorm combo. For straight-out damage, Lightning will give you the best returns per skill point spent, with it's low cost, low cool down, high damage and Armor debuff.

Mr2hitk0
07-14-2010, 09:43 PM
nice guide i think i messed up my enchanter, I have 3 str 7 dex 58 int... lol so should i make a new account? also i put skill pts in: 2 heal 2 frostbite 3 lightning 1 res 2 firestorm.. lmao so i should make a new character right?

Royce
07-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Why would you put 5 points into mana shield if you consider the points wasted in BOV? The BOV armor buff provides more buffage per skill point, and they have the same duration. Plus Magic shield works pretty well with just 1 point, and if you put those points in BOV, then you can use that in emergencies when the shield might be in cooldown. Overall, a nice guide, though I have a few more comments (mostly attribute-related) that I'll post when I have more time.

roguedubb
07-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Stacking BoV and MS is definitely viable. Once a few damage spells are maxed out I am usually short on skill points and I leave BoV at 1/5.

Assuming you are going to get at least 1/5 BoV and 1/5 Magic Shield, beyond that initial skill point, 1 point in BoV is giving 8 Armor and 1 point in MS is giving 2 Armor... meaning if you are going to put more points in one of them, it should be BoV (*foreheadslap*). Thanks for bringing this to my attention Royce!

Mr2hitk0:
Sounds like you are not at the level cap yet? You could raise your STR up to 11 and pickup BoM for 1Hs, or 16 and ignore BoM. You will also be getting a few points of Hit from the Dex, which is handy. I wouldn't bother rerolling as you may want to respec at some stage. It also helps to play through once and pickup every spell you can, so you get an idea of how they work and what suits your play style.

Mr2hitk0
07-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Mr2hitk0:
Sounds like you are not at the level cap yet? You could raise your STR up to 11 and pickup BoM for 1Hs, or 16 and ignore BoM. You will also be getting a few points of Hit from the Dex, which is handy. I wouldn't bother rerolling as you may want to respec at some stage. It also helps to play through once and pickup every spell you can, so you get an idea of how they work and what suits your play style.

k so ill just respec later lol when i get all spells or something btw i bought armor that gives me 1m/s and i dont know what BoM is ur sayin this stuff im a noob please use the full words lol ty

Jstizar
07-15-2010, 01:24 PM
k so ill just respec later lol when i get all spells or something btw i bought armor that gives me 1m/s and i dont know what BoM is ur sayin this stuff im a noob please use the full words lol ty

BoM = Blessing of Might and BoV is blessing of vitality. They are the last spells you learn, if I remember right.

Mr2hitk0
07-15-2010, 01:27 PM
BoM = Blessing of Might and BoV is blessing of vitality. They are the last spells you learn, if I remember right.

k got any weapons and armor u can sell me or can u show me how to get them idk what maps get u good stuff