PDA

View Full Version : Confused???

Fao
12-01-2011, 05:33 PM
So I was in balefort castle when I saw a guy named stamoslives with a red name! What dies this mean? And also I was in forest haven and I saw an AoA I was aging answering all questions evry five seconds and he said don't spam, and was like why? He said only say it every once in a while, may I ask why he said this???

Gluttony
12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
STS developers and team members have red names, check out JohnStamosLives (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?63533-JohnStamosLives)

I don't understand the second part of the question, but I can say that repeating things too much (spamming) can lead to getting you muted by the others in the town. Not bad will come of it, but you could cause yourself to limit the number of players that hear you.

Cascade
12-01-2011, 05:58 PM
It was me who said not to spam it. The reason I said it was because you were saying "Answering all questions" about every 5-8 seconds when you really need to only say it every minute or so.

Fyrce
12-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Red names or Green names = Spacetime Studios developer.

You should have waved at him and then spammed him with annoying questions. Just kidding.

Wave at him. It's rare to see a dev and usually they are set up to give you something for waving at them.

And spamming someone is bad form and very annoying.

Plus people may type slowly or may be doing something else or talking in a different conversation. You should give people a chance to read what you're saying before you assume they have not seen it. I would think AoA would have many people trying to speak to them all at once, so try to be patient if you have a question. Or since you're on the forums, use the forums first and try reading old posts or searching for your answer first.

Generally in any online forum, people can be doing multiple things that you do not see. So you should give people time to read whatever you are saying/typing, before re-asking. Depending on the platform, this could mean waiting several minutes to several hours to a day or so for a reply. I would say for AoA, maybe wait a minute or two before asking again. You might also consider asking multiple people in private tells to see if one will answer.

Also, do not take it personally if someone does not answer online. It's possible they are not even there and just left their connection on. Or maybe they are engrossed in a different conversation or task. They are human and may not have seen you. Wait for them and/or ask someone else.

Fao
12-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Ok thx guys! :D