PDA

View Full Version : Android anniversary - no vanity for us?

dudetus
12-01-2011, 06:21 PM
It has been now announced that the forever Cinco Loco exp cap is the one year anniversary on Android gift. Now I'm wondering if there is any other prize coming for us early Android users?

I feel it a bit wrong if there won't be anything else because it wasn't up to us when did we start playing PL on Android. We were almost half a year behind iOS users on the release dates.

I understand that the whole game's one year anniversary obviously is a bigger deal than only a platform anniversary but I still think we Android oldies deserve private recognition as the iOS oldies recieved.

TANKKAAR
12-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Considering Android users generate more annual income for sts then apple users you would think they would go a little out of their way to show some appreciation right? A simple helm or other vanity that gives a similar bonus to the founders helm would more then suffice :)

bronislav84
12-01-2011, 06:29 PM
I joined PL in very early December. Why do only iOS users get a Founder's Helm?

Moogerfooger
12-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Sigh. Are we really gonna go through all of this again? There have been probably a dozen threads on this, and none of them ended very well....many locked.

(<---initially a Droid user with no Founder's Helm)

Samhayne
12-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Everyone loves cool stuff and we certainly love to give it out. We do have a system to grant veteran rewards, but the issue is making items that are cool and meaningful to go along with it. Right now the team is hard at work creating new items for this years holiday content to go out soon. With that and the coming Star Legends content expansion, I don't think we'll have bandwidth for additional items for an Android Anniversary.

Gluttony
12-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Why do only iOS users get a Founder's Helm?

Found

found·ed, found·ing
1. To establish or set up, especially with provision for continuing existence: The college was founded in 1872.
2. To establish the foundation or basis of; base: found a theory on firm evidence.

Cascade
12-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Good to hear that we will have new Christmas items unlike Halloween. :)

KTpantyhose
12-01-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry.. but, everyone lately is sounding quite greedy. makes me kind of upset :(

TANKKAAR
12-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Found

found·ed, found·ing
1. To establish or set up, especially with provision for continuing existence: The college was founded in 1872.
2. To establish the foundation or basis of; base: found a theory on firm evidence.

And? This definition can't apply to Android founders?

Just sayin...

MoarPewPew
12-01-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry.. but, everyone lately is sounding quite greedy. makes me kind of upset :(

I only received 1 founders helm. Can I haz moar for my other toonz plox?

jk lol

Moogerfooger
12-01-2011, 06:48 PM

Just sayin...

The game was already well-established by the time us Android players came on board. We did not found anything. Did the Android community/influx of players make the overall community better? Absolutely, and hopefully we will get snazzy vet helm or something (as Sam alluded to that they have in mind someday) as a reward someday, but again, we founded nothing. It was already there.

Gluttony
12-01-2011, 06:52 PM

Yes, because Android users "established/set up provisions for continuing existence," 7 months after the fact? It was meant to be a joke in reply to the statement I quoted, but since you want to take it there fine. I have no personal stake in this battle and Sam has pretty much squashed this so...

http://files.sharenator.com/kill_it_with_fire_Natus_GIF_Athon_4_5-s256x192-64337-580.gif

CodyBearr
12-01-2011, 06:52 PM
That would be cool because I joined alittle late on the iPhone so I didn't get it but I got it for my android when it 1st came out for that :) but if not then it's cool... I am happy to hear about new christmas stuff coming!

TANKKAAR
12-01-2011, 06:57 PM
The game was already well-established by the time us Android players came on board. We did not found anything. Did the Android community/influx of players make the overall community better? Absolutely, and hopefully we will get snazzy vet helm or something (as Sam alluded to that they have in mind someday) as a reward someday, but again, we founded nothing. It was already there.

I guess it depends on how you look at it my friend. I say to that, did we not create the foundations to the Android community? If that is truly what we did then are we not founders in our own right?

TANKKAAR
12-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Yes, because Android users "established/set up provisions for continuing existance," 7 months after the fact? It was meant to be a joke in reply to the statement I quoted, but since you want to take it there fine. I have no personal stake in this battle and Sam has pretty much squashed this so...

http://files.sharenator.com/kill_it_with_fire_Natus_GIF_Athon_4_5-s256x192-64337-580.gif

No worries bro :) my rebuttals are meant to be taken lightheartedly aswell.