PDA

View Full Version : Rushers already?

javier995
12-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Already?

Come on first day and my I get my first 2 deaths by some Rushers???

Why do they rush for? What do they gain? IMO if you want to rush go to PL!

Smh come on guys really play fair!

How is it that on the first day there are Rushers already? Are they scared to play fair?

The way I deal with Rushers from now on will be this way

I will destroy the ratio, no questions asked.

Now tell me, do you rush? Be honest, and why do you rush?

SuperNas
12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Iv only play 2 pvp games so I haven't seen or experienced any rushing yet but obviously someone's rushing lol its all over the forums

Azamaster
12-01-2011, 07:05 PM
I entered a game and was fighting someone.... As he was at low health (he died a moment later) a random 35 op came at me and killed me. I respawned and said "one at a time" and then they did the same thing. :(

Moogerfooger
12-01-2011, 07:07 PM
And so it begins.

Kahlua
12-01-2011, 07:08 PM
By rushing do you mean running at you with multiple people?
Or running at you 1 vs 1 without saying anything first?

Cytokinesis
12-01-2011, 07:10 PM
dude, PvP on SL just started, let them learn some manners first

ninjaduck
12-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Meh... i just fight back, especially with twinks...

In endgame rushing can be way more dangerous which is why so many are worried...

javier995
12-01-2011, 07:19 PM
By rushing do you mean running at you with multiple people?
Or running at you 1 vs 1 without saying anything first?

The people that rushed me didn't say go.

1 came in and killed me while I was fighting an engi.

The other came in and rushed everyone including me while I was Afk

dude, PvP on SL just started, let them learn some manners first

PL has been out for a year. Everyone who knew about pvp for SL knew about it on PL. Therefore they know what rushing is, so they choose to rush. One of the people who rushed me got booted out of his guild for that reason. It's nothing to do with manners, it's that they are scared to go one on one. If a rusher wasn't scared to go on on one, they wouldn't rush.

Meh... i just fight back, especially with twinks...

In endgame rushing can be way more dangerous which is why so many are worried...

I fought back on the first rusher, but I was already low health so I died quick. With the second rusher, I was afk and he rushed me. I got mad-_-

Getting deaths doesn't bother me, if it's a fair fight. If I get rushed, well I don't like that and I get mad.

Cahaun
12-01-2011, 07:20 PM
In all the games I've been to I have never really seen bad sportsmanship excluding people that run away or call us bullies for outnumbering them and working as a team lol. Once I said "Revive thy enemy" when I was dead! ;)

(P.s. Downloads and Roukou are epic PvP players)

Tvis
12-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Perhaps there should be a 1 vs 1? Also, you can host pvp games, so there is some freedom to what you can do.

Kahlua
12-01-2011, 07:25 PM
meh I really don't see a huge issue with rushing. I play COD from time to time (not very good lol) but it's the same thing on that game with people calling everyone "try hards" or "smg rushing noobs." Everyone's gonna complain when they die, its a natural human instinct to not like failure. However, if you're entering a game you've gotta be ready for all things, including people rushing you. Element of surprise get's kills. For another COD reference; if I round a corner and see someone there, I'm not gonna load up his gamertag, go to his profile, open a new message, type out a message, send it, and wait for a reply. I'd be dead before I figured out what button to press. Kill or be killed.

javier995
12-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Perhaps there should be a 1 vs 1? Also, you can host pvp games, so there is some freedom to what you can do.

Private games don't always work, I joined a private game and a guy began to rush me. The game maker (and officer in his guild) made him stop.

Kaytar
12-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Lol don't send em over here we have PLENTY! My suggestion is just leave without a word because chances are, if you rush them back, they will either kill you again or send their guild after ya :o

MightyMicah
12-01-2011, 07:27 PM
It took time for PL to be halfway civilized....also they hope to gain LB, just like Illilijopliliil did in PL by rushing.

Tvis
12-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Private games don't always work, I joined a private game and a guy began to rush me. The game maker (and officer in his guild) made him stop.

That's too bad :( I mean, making your own private (locked) game and inviting friends.

Fac3bon3s
12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
You CAN NOT complain about getting killed in a PvP arena while afk. DON't GO AFK IN A PVP ARENA. That is what a town is for.

Zeus
12-01-2011, 07:35 PM
While our guild is implementing a zero tolerance for rushing, honestly, if that's there playstyle then let them play like that. Fight back, get your kill back, then leave.

Kahlua
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM
While our guild is implementing a zero tolerance for rushing, honestly, if that's there playstyle then let them play like that. Fight back, get your kill back, then leave.
If you leave you get a death :p

javier995
12-01-2011, 07:37 PM
You CAN NOT complain about getting killed in a PvP arena while afk. DON't GO AFK IN A PVP ARENA. That is what a town is for.

Game was still we all agreed to stop until I returned, all I did was go Afk for 10 seconds, come back I'm dead. I'm not complaining about being killed, I'm complaining about being rushed. Big difference.

javier995
12-01-2011, 07:38 PM
If you leave you get a death :p

Exactly, so either way you die.

Zeus
12-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Exactly, so either way you die.

So kill them a few times. :)

There is no way that you can leave a certain time period after? Sometimes when I leave after a while, I don't get a death.

FluffNStuff
12-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Do the mobs say 'go'?
Does the MFer say 'go'?

SL is a fast paced game of kill or be killed. PL is set in the times of gentlemanly combat. The players in that game are on noble quests to defend against the influences of evil. Players in SL are hired mercenaries massacring protesters and evicting poor people from their home. Let's not let their arcane rules dictate our future!

mexicanpixels
12-01-2011, 07:53 PM
They rush cause they wanna be highest kill in leaderboards specially since pvp just started in sl

javier995
12-01-2011, 07:54 PM
So kill them a few times. :)

There is no way that you can leave a certain time period after? Sometimes when I leave after a while, I don't get a death.

There can't be any fighting going on, if you leave while anyone is fighting you die. It's hard to kill spawn Rushers.

Do the mobs say 'go'?
Does the MFer say 'go'?

SL is a fast paced game of kill or be killed. PL is set in the times of gentlemanly combat. The players in that game are on noble quests to defend against the influences of evil. Players in SL are hired mercenaries massacring protesters and evicting poor people from their home. Let's not let their arcane rules dictate our future!

Ok we are talking about real life players, who know whether or not they will rush. Mobs are programmed to rush you, and we know they will. We don't exactly know who the rushers are yet, so it's hard to prepare. Also I remind you that with mobs, you can use stims/pots to heal yourself if to many attack. In pvp, you don't get that option so if you're rushed you can't heal like you would against a mob.

FluffNStuff
12-01-2011, 08:06 PM
There can't be any fighting going on, if you leave while anyone is fighting you die. It's hard to kill spawn Rushers.

Ok we are talking about real life players, who know whether or not they will rush. Mobs are programmed to rush you, and we know they will. We don't exactly know who the rushers are yet, so it's hard to prepare. Also I remind you that with mobs, you can use stims/pots to heal yourself if to many attack. In pvp, you don't get that option so if you're rushed you can't heal like you would against a mob.

If it is because your team is outnumbered, you picked the wrong game.
If it is because of lag, the devs need to implement a 5 second buffer for new players where they can not attack or be attack.
If it is something else, then welcome to the future.

javier995
12-01-2011, 08:14 PM
If it is because your team is outnumbered, you picked the wrong game.
If it is because of lag, the devs need to implement a 5 second buffer for new players where they can not attack or be attack.
If it is something else, then welcome to the future.

Teams where even, only the rusher attacked and spawn killed everyone.
I get about 3-5 seconds of lag when I respawn, someone joins, or someone dies.

The devs should implement that buffer, but it should be a 15 second one. Also they should have the server (if its possible) pick out the rushers, so if they enter a game it would read: (Name) Rusher.

This gives everyone a couple seconds to prepare.

Fac3bon3s
12-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Game was still we all agreed to stop until I returned, all I did was go Afk for 10 seconds, come back I'm dead. I'm not complaining about being killed, I'm complaining about being rushed. Big difference.

Well you mentioned it in your second post. I was just responding. It's not like it's a PVE arena. It's player vs player. Rushing is a common tactic in PvP. I used to compete in WoW 2vs2 arena's. And rushing was a tactic teams used to throw their opponents off. If you think it's bad here try doing Arena's in WoW and going up against frost mage, resto druid pairs.

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 08:28 PM
All PvP match I've played so far I haven't 'died' but when in arena some others just join their team and its game over, when they die they say something like, niceee now watch this, and 1-2 more join, guess thats what you get by tryna play fair buddy.

plmafiaboss
12-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Who cares. Since it just came out for sl a lot of people r doing it. Its a rush or get killed world lol

Kingofhurtz
12-01-2011, 08:53 PM
You can call them whatever you like, but when it comes down to it, they are breaking no rules and simply playing the game (at how I think) it should be played.

Fac3bon3s
12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Who cares. Since it just came out for sl a lot of people r doing it. Its a rush or get killed world lol
Obviously Javier does. Sure it just came out in SL, but that does not mean people need to act like they've never done it before. When I join a game and the teams are uneven I ask the others to wait. If they do not. I leave. Simple. It sucks to have to leave but I'm not going to stay for 5-10 deaths. I'll take the one.

javier995
12-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Well you mentioned it in your second post. I was just responding. It's not like it's a PVE arena. It's player vs player. Rushing is a common tactic in PvP. I used to compete in WoW 2vs2 arena's. And rushing was a tactic teams used to throw their opponents off. If you think it's bad here try doing Arena's in WoW and going up against frost mage, resto druid pairs.

Actually in the game I was in we said no rushing. The first rusher left after he rushed me twice, then I went afk to ask why he rushed (I guess its not really afk since I was typing). When I finished bam I saw I was dead. Then I stayed down and saw the game turned into chaos. He began to rush all my teammates, but was as well. I don't tend to like ffa, and since it turned into it after he came in, I stayed down. I have never played WoW nor am I planning to play it. I've heard its awesome, so if I play I'll get addicted. I rather pay for a mobile company who's community I love, then pay somewhere I would have no friends lol. Personally STS is the only company I've spent money to buy ingame things from, and it'll stay that way for me.

All PvP match I've played so far I haven't 'died' but when in arena some others just join their team and its game over, when they die they say something like, niceee now watch this, and 1-2 more join, guess thats what you get by tryna play fair buddy.

I guess I'll stop pvping for awhile then, until players mature a little and don't rush so much.

Fac3bon3s
12-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I have never played WoW nor am I planning to play it. I've heard its awesome, so if I play I'll get addicted.

This is why I no longer play. I was into hard core for a couple years. If your not careful it can creep into the realm of obsessive compulsive. If I could limit myself in time played I would. But for some reason with that game I could not. So I quit.

I'm with you on rushing. It's lame here because there is no form of waiting till everyone is ready. It would be great if when joining a game you could choose a team enter the map. But no dmg can be done until everyone clicks "ready to play".

Nickyeagle
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm with you on rushing. It's lame here because there is no form of waiting till everyone is ready. It would be great if when joining a game you could choose a team enter the map. But no dmg can be done until everyone clicks "ready to play".

Agreed! Today in SL, I went on, just to try it out. I said wait, to change my weapon, and when I looked, they killed me. With the quote above, it could even be that BASE could be a damage free zone.

Xaphan Fox
12-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Am I missing something? I've been 3v1, 5v1, 20v1 before in various mmo's. This is the first I've heard of this charging tactic being poor form. It stinks to be rushed, but you arent exactly in a 1v1 arena.

If its rushing when people are experiencing lag, either from respawn, members joining/leaving a game, or your phone, then yeah that should be looked into. That stinks.

If its just the community frowning on what is considered fair rules of engagement in a play-mode that is clearly not designed for constant 1v1's... then I don't know what to say lol.

Cahaun
12-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Join my games! As I said before, everybody is good in my PvP games.
(I'm Santa Abe. C'mon who is naughty in front of me? ;) )

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
So took my level 6 Twink out for a blast and got rushed by a load of lvl 10-11s do you think that's also fair?? :P

You can't even tell what lvl they are until they are on your team, got 25+ kills and 14 deaths/exits, then bam 19 deaths haa, oh well, the level requirements should be set a little different, 5-6 shouldn't have to go against Lvl 10-11 lol. The funny thing was one on one I was taking this dude to the cleaners until the others joined.

javier995
12-01-2011, 09:43 PM

Agreed! That is what SL pvp should be like! Let us leave this thread and I'll make another on suggestions to stop rushing.

Thread closed my dear friends.

Iron Hand
12-02-2011, 02:24 AM
Okay i am totaly new to this pvp.. do not know what rushing is but found myself at a distinct disadvantage as a commando and a 10 second cool down to skill attacks i found most of the time the other team took out my teammates 3 on 1 i got a couple of aoe shots off but then found myself fighting 3 plyrs by myself needless to say i died before any of my skills recovered... As a commando i feel useless in pvp as my aoe skills do little damage compared to ops skill attacks especially when they all attack me at once ... Hmmm... Eng didnt even have time to heal us cause i was dead in 2 to 3 seconds... Need to see a skill tweak in cool down rate as an op was able to get off 2 to 3 shots of the same skill to my one and waiting for it to recover. Also our dps is lower than op as well and health and armor does not seem to make the difference i thoughtt it would. Have an armor of 1296 for 3 seconds and health of 626 yet they were able to kill me quick before i could even get off more than 1 or 2 skill shots... Also it seems i do not do as much damage either as i am doing 20 to 30 dmg compared to thier 50 to 70 dmg (even with my armor at 1296 and dodge at 16)... Need to explain rushing to me... The games i was in we respawned at circles then at it again... But it seemd only had half health when respawned cause i died even faster... For me i do not see any fun in this as without an eng to heal whn we respawn we do not have enough health to withstand the attack... I am new to pvp so that may be the issue but just seems once u die u have a disadvantage the rest of the match. Pve i can take out large mobs in matter of seconds... In pvp i cant even take out one plyr before my cmmndo goes down in a heap... :/ guess just no good at it. But do see how i can win when my team just dies then i am trying to take on 3 plyrs at once... I know if i cant play then dont play pvp... But would like to know is it me or am i at a disadvantage as a commndo with low dmg even with skills at 5 and 6.

Olz
12-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Um what do you mean by rushing

Acyer
12-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Sorry gonna get flamedIts pvp everyone that enters the map knows that be ready or be killed. I'm not gonna waste my time and others with are you ready? You sure? Tell me when? Not gonna happened. If you want to "DUEL" make a locked map and invite your dueling friends.

Ellyidol
12-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Anyone see that most recent Mayweather fight? Where he won because his opponent wasn't protecting himself at all times? Yeah same here. You shouldn't get into a PvP match if you aren't ready to fight.

Want to chat and PvP, make a private game.

Want to chat, go to a town.

Want to PvP, get ready to fight.

Yvonnel
12-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Anyone see that most recent Mayweather fight? Where he won because his opponent wasn't protecting himself at all times? Yeah same here. You shouldn't get into a PvP match if you aren't ready to fight.

This is kinda the way I feel about it. The idea of having to wait and say "go", just never really understood it. I did it, to be nice, but really?

Guess that is why I don't pvp much.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

javier995
12-02-2011, 09:23 AM
For the three that posted above, do you know what I mean by rushing?

Have you been spawn rushed when you enter a game?

Has a whole team rushed you?

Again I'm not talking about 1 person rushing you. I'm talking about a group rushing or even being spawn rushed.

Let's see now, you just started and you have the same idea you are giving me now when you go into the game.

There's a rusher, lets say an Op since they are quick.

They spawn rush you, seems to me you don't have a problem with rushers, so you get after you die. He kills you again and again. Bam you get 10 deaths and 0 kills. That's your current ratio.

Now what do you do? Do you say hey its pvp I should have been ready, or what?

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 09:41 AM

They spawn rush you, seems to me you don't have a problem with rushers, so you get after you die. He kills you again and again. Bam you get 10 deaths and 0 kills. That's your current ratio.

Now what do you do? Do you say hey its pvp I should have been ready, or what?

well...yes. That's how pvp works. Be ready to be flanked, attacked from the front, knocked into a corner, etc. Lining up and attacking after saying "ok ready go" is just pure luck. If my skills miss on your 2% dodge, and you hit me every time on my 50% dodge...luck. If I flank around the side of you when we're both looking for eachother and get the drop on you, then you're gonna die. Better luck next time.

javier995
12-02-2011, 10:00 AM
well...yes. That's how pvp works. Be ready to be flanked, attacked from the front, knocked into a corner, etc. Lining up and attacking after saying "ok ready go" is just pure luck. If my skills miss on your 2% dodge, and you hit me every time on my 50% dodge...luck. If I flank around the side of you when we're both looking for eachother and get the drop on you, then you're gonna die. Better luck next time.

No you keep going back to the rushing I don't care about. You keep misunderstanding me.

If you are in a game and you DON'T get spawn rushed, you DON'T get rushed by a team, but you DO get rushed 1 on 1. I don't care about that, and that's what you keep bringing up.

What I'm talking about is you entering a game without knowing you'll be rushed, and as soon as you pick a team you're killed. You respawn and you're killed again.

Maybe you are fighting someone and someone else joins the game. That person sees you are fighting someone else, they rush you and kill you. You try and fight back, you loose because they where waiting for you and they rush again. They leave the game and after giving you a couple deaths.

Still have no problem with rushing?

Doesn't matter if it's a team or one person doing this, its still what I'm talking about.

Now please leave the one on one rushing alone, I don't care about it if it's like that because you CAN fight back if that's happening.

Iron Hand
12-02-2011, 10:11 AM
I have to say i am sure there will be tweaks by devs to help this... As for me i just plain sck at pvp right now... My main is not setup in skills for it as i have 3 useless skills that r great for pve but not good in pvp... I do understand the spawn rush problem had it happen to me. As soon as i respawned i was attacked and boom.. down again in 1 secnd no time to react especially when 3 ppl attack u at once.. recomend a 1 v 1 pvp for duels and 5 v 5 for team with 2 random spawn places on each side this would help even it out as we would then have a second or two to react and heal. Problem is whn we respawn it is not at full health so it easy to immediately kill someone multiple times cause u can skill attck right as they r spawning as it takes a full second to enter. Mine died before i even spawned all the way in. Needs to be tweakd a lttle sts devs.

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Right there. AN operative. That's singular. If you get rushed by AN operative. Therefore, my entire post is relevant. You asked would I care if I got rushed by 1 operative. And my answer is no.

Iron Hand
12-02-2011, 10:23 AM

Right there. AN operative. That's singular. If you get rushed by AN operative. Therefore, my entire post is relevant. You asked would I care if I got rushed by 1 operative. And my answer is no.

Lol wouldnt mind if it was one for me but i had 3 beating me up prtty bad... I even died before i respawned all the way in... See my post above i just wrote what do you think about the suggestions? Do you thnk would help a little and make it more interesting? As for me i do not be grudge ppl for playing the way they do... I just have to figure out how to avoid being rushed so i can stay in the fight. ;)

StompArtist
12-02-2011, 10:29 AM

AMEN!

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Lol wouldnt mind if it was one for me but i had 3 beating me up prtty bad... I even died before i respawned all the way in... See my post above i just wrote what do you think about the suggestions? Do you thnk would help a little and make it more interesting? As for me i do not be grudge ppl for playing the way they do... I just have to figure out how to avoid being rushed so i can stay in the fight. ;)
I like the idea of 1 vs 1 games, just without the ready set go thing people seem to want. 5 vs 5 might be too hectic with current gameplay, so I made a suggestion is another thread to do something kind of like Gears of War's "warzone" or COD's search a destroy (without the destroy part lol).

Everyone get's 1 life and the game wont start until the teams are full, or if they do start early, it wont let people join a team unless there's also a person to join the other team. Play each round until only 1 team has people left. Round ends. Rinse and repeat.

Ellyidol
12-02-2011, 10:38 AM
To the person who replied to me, what your explaining isn't rushing - that's a spawning issue, something which the devs have already confirmed is a problem, if I'm not mistaken.

xkillmepvpx
12-02-2011, 11:03 AM

Hes talking about SPAWN rushing. I die then I respawn, after I respawn I lagg for a few seconds just enough time to be dead before im ready.
That is what I understand to be spawn rushing

Fac3bon3s
12-02-2011, 11:04 AM
A question to all the pro rushers in this thread.

If you happened to join a PvP match that had 3 players on 1 team. And 0 players on the other. You have one choice. The team with no players. So you make the choice. You enter the game. And all 3 opposition then rush you.

I'm pretty sure it's just a stat padding tactic. And if you do it your self then you are about as low as it gets.

I like the idea of 1 vs 1 games, just without the ready set go thing people seem to want.
What is so wrong with having all players confirm they are ready. If you don't think it's a proper way to go about things then all you are out to do is take advantage of others.

SuperNas
12-02-2011, 11:13 AM
What is so wrong with having all players confirm they are ready. If you don't think it's a proper way to go about things then all you are out to do is take advantage of others. yeah nuff said. rushers can't fight fair .

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
A question to all the pro rushers in this thread.

If you happened to join a PvP match that had 3 players on 1 team. And 0 players on the other. You have one choice. The team with no players. So you make the choice. You enter the game. And all 3 opposition then rush you.

I'm pretty sure it's just a stat padding tactic. And if you do it your self then you are about as low as it gets.

What is so wrong with having all players confirm they are ready. If you don't think it's a proper way to go about things then all you are out to do is take advantage of others.

If you see a team of 3 vs a team of 0...then leave. You don't have to join. If you join 3 vs 1, I don't know what else you expect to happen.

The ready set go thing just seems cheesy and childish to me. I keep comparing this to xbox live games because that's the system I played (all my brother had was fps games lol), but let's compare this to 1 vs 1 snipers. When you kill someone, they respawn in a new spot. You are still in your spot. Survival tactics say that you need to find him before he finds you because he knows the general area your shot came from. You wouldn't run out in the middle of the map and say "ok I'm gonna go back to this tower over here, give me 10 seconds please." I'd hate to see some of you guys on xbox live if you want ready set go before each fight.

I have no lag when I respawn after dying (don't die often so not many trials), and when I have respawned I've never been faced with a barrage of hits. You don't always respawn in the same spot. You guys want to play turn based, make sure everyone is ready games, go play chess.

StompArtist
12-02-2011, 11:19 AM
You guys want to play turn based, make sure everyone is ready games, go play chess.

Speed chess is for rushers!

Ellyidol
12-02-2011, 11:21 AM
If I can speak on behalf of the "pro-rushers", I don't actually promote rushing. There's no doubt that, although it's technically legal, rushing is seen as unsportsmanlike behavior.

However, I do promote being proactive. That is, if you find yourself being rushed over and over, do something about it. What you do can differ on each individual, fight back, leave, stay dead, etc.

IMO, what makes the whole rushing topic very two sided is that the pro-rushers see it that instead of being proactive, some players decide to be reactive. They know the problem - I wouldn't even call it a problem, more like a challenge - yet instead of trying to avoid, confront, or outsmart it, they come here and start naming players and start unneeded drama. Not referring to this thread, just the entire rushing issue in general.

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Speed chess is for rushers!
lololol with the timers and stuff??

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 11:25 AM
If I can speak on behalf of the "pro-rushers", I don't actually promote rushing. There's no doubt that, although it's technically legal, rushing is seen as unsportsmanlike behavior.

However, I do promote being proactive. That is, if you find yourself being rushed over and over, do something about it. What you do can differ on each individual, fight back, leave, stay dead, etc.

IMO, what makes the whole rushing topic very two sided is that the pro-rushers see it that instead of being proactive, some players decide to be reactive. They know the problem - I wouldn't even call it a problem, more like a challenge - yet instead of trying to avoid, confront, or outsmart it, they come here and start naming players and start unneeded drama. Not referring to this thread, just the entire rushing issue in general.

THANK YOU. This is only a problem when people complain about it without trying something to counter it. You're stuck 3 vs 1? Call two friends. You're fighting 2 vs 1? Stay dead and think of a strategy to counter them. Knock away the harder opponent so he's out of the area, switch targets, pummel and kill the other. I've won a few 2 vs 1 battles by just being tactical and using the big square things on the map to my advantage.

Fac3bon3s
12-02-2011, 11:34 AM
If you see a team of 3 vs a team of 0...then leave. You don't have to join. If you join 3 vs 1, I don't know what else you expect to happen.

It was a hypothetical scenario. New players though would not know this. If you were on your PiF toon would you suggest to new players that they should rush players in PvP when teams were uneven?

The ready set go thing just seems cheesy and childish to me. I keep comparing this to xbox live games because that's the system I played (all my brother had was fps games lol), but let's compare this to 1 vs 1 snipers. When you kill someone, they respawn in a new spot. You are still in your spot. Survival tactics say that you need to find him before he finds you because he knows the general area your shot came from. You wouldn't run out in the middle of the map and say "ok I'm gonna go back to this tower over here, give me 10 seconds please." I'd hate to see some of you guys on xbox live if you want ready set go before each fight.

Not even sure where you are going with this. My issue is unbalanced teams not 1vs1.

I have no lag when I respawn after dying (don't die often so not many trials), and when I have respawned I've never been faced with a barrage of hits. You don't always respawn in the same spot. You guys want to play turn based, make sure everyone is ready games, go play chess.

This has nothing to do with the topic we are trying to discuss in a civil manor. You're only creating a flame war here.

And I quote from Flip...

-Rushers are insanely bad as people aim for position on LB's.
We have some ideas for tackling this issue in the future.

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 11:44 AM
It was a hypothetical scenario. New players though would not know this. If you were on your PiF toon would you suggest to new players that they should rush players in PvP when teams were uneven?

Not even sure where you are going with this. My issue is unbalanced teams not 1vs1.

This has nothing to do with the topic we are trying to discuss in a civil manor. You're only creating a flame war here.

People said they get killed in 1 vs 1 rushing because of respawn lag. Other than that, they have no problem with it. Therefore, it is not a flame comment. I have no respawn lag. I don't even have a good connection. I don't see how people can have such bad spawn lag that they die because of it. People don't grasp that this is player vs player fighting. It's not chess. If you want a strategy game that's very slow paced and people take turns and wait for the other to be ready...go play chess.

The sniping comment was about how you asked why I don't see the point of asking players if theyre ready. People seem to want 1 vs 1 "are you ready" fights. Not everyone, but a good amount. I think that's pointless as it's a survival game. If you had to do that, the fight would end 10-9 in favor of whoever got the first kill (for operatives atleast), or you'd be waiting 3 hours for health to regenerate after each fight.

StompArtist
12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
I think this thread shows that the definition of "Rusher" is unclear and that people are debating on a undefined basis. Could we agree on what a "Rusher" actually is before taking it further? I for one, am utterly confused.

Fac3bon3s
12-02-2011, 11:53 AM
People said they get killed in 1 vs 1 rushing because of respawn lag. Other than that, they have no problem with it. Therefore, it is not a flame comment. I have no respawn lag. I don't even have a good connection. I don't see how people can have such bad spawn lag that they die because of it. People don't grasp that this is player vs player fighting. It's not chess. If you want a strategy game that's very slow paced and people take turns and wait for the other to be ready...go play chess.

The sniping comment was about how you asked why I don't see the point of asking players if theyre ready. People seem to want 1 vs 1 "are you ready" fights. Not everyone, but a good amount. I think that's pointless as it's a survival game. If you had to do that, the fight would end 10-9 in favor of whoever got the first kill (for operatives atleast), or you'd be waiting 3 hours for health to regenerate after each fight.

You were not quoting other people when discussing this. You were quoting me. So you can understand my confusion. No one is asking for turn based play. Not sure why you are bringing that into the discussion. Every other PvP mode in EVERY other game has a fail safe to make sure teams are even and balanced. EVERY GAME. The game either auto switches players to balance teams or the game won't start until there are an even amount of players on each team. This is to promote fair play. If your not here to promote fair play then maybe you should rethink your having a toon in PiF where the whole idea of that initiative is to help other players and promote a fun and friendly environment for new players. Being part of a rushing team against new players is not a fun environment.

My definition of a rusher(s) is when a team is full and a player join the opposition. Said full team rushes that player with out waiting for his team to fill up. If there is a better term for this then we need to figure it out.

Assaulting would be when teams are even and one team assaults the other immediately.

StompArtist
12-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I fished out the Wikipedia definition of a "rusher" and it doesn't fit the discussions here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(video_games)

Fac3bon3s
12-02-2011, 12:07 PM
I fished out the Wikipedia definition of a "rusher" and it doesn't fit the discussions here...

There is no definition for the term on a whole for any genre of gaming but this I find is the closest relation.

In massively-multiplayer online first-person-shooter (MMOFPS), this also describes the masses of hundreds of players in massive, unorganized squabble in effort to win by gross numerical superiority.

We obviously do not have hundreds but the idea is the same.

Iron Hand
12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Lol... I see this is a widely debated subject.. i have n.o problem with the way ppl play... i have a problem with the game itself and respawning delay... For me that is a techinal issue for the devs to tweak... Wether it be delaying attcks until the player is completey spawned on to the board or have random spawning areas within the team zone or something of a safe area... Other wise the challenge of taking on a playr's tactics for me is cool just have to figure out a strategy to compete...

Ellyidol
12-02-2011, 12:12 PM

It's actually spot on, though different from the understanding here IMO.

Even that type of rushing is seen as unfair to some, I don't know why. I remember playing a few matches in RTS games where as soon as the game starts (usually 1v1), my opponent says "No rush plz". I proceed to rush him and get the easy win. Since when has speed been unfair?

Anyway, back to topic. The real issue isn't about rushing itself, IMO, but about how unbalanced a team fight can be. The only real issue I see is when a fight is allowed to start when teams aren't even (numerically). Other issues like a team member not willing to help, is not a technical issue anymore. The spawning issue is a technical issue.

Fac3bon3s
12-02-2011, 12:36 PM
It's actually spot on, though different from the understanding here IMO.

Anyway, back to topic. The real issue isn't about rushing itself, IMO, but about how unbalanced a team fight can be. The only real issue I see is when a fight is allowed to start when teams aren't even (numerically). Other issues like a team member not willing to help, is not a technical issue anymore. The spawning issue is a technical issue.

This is the point I am also debating for. Just to make it clear.

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Can we all agree that the REAL issue behind this whole thing is stats and the leaderboards?

If there were no stats (cannot wait till we can hide them) and no leaderboards, people would just play for the sake of playing. Have stats per game, whatever, it's cool enough seeing your name at the top of the game. But if they never saved to your account for everyone to see, no one would care if you have a 1.00 KDR. I would find it fun to be able to take on a 3 vs 1 and see how many I could drop. But I don't want my stats to reflect it because it makes me look like I'm not any good at the game. 2 vs 1...I'll do that for a while to see how it goes, and then leave. Some people don't care if people think they're bad, but people like me unfortunately do. It's a mix of anxiety + wanting positive feedback from others. No one knows if your 10k kills were from 'rushing' or from spending 6 years doing ready set go 1 vs 1. If there were no stats and people didn't care, it would be a lot more fun and no one would whine about getting rushed.

Hell, even make a game type with no stats at all. Like ranked and unranked.

Ellyidol
12-02-2011, 12:48 PM
You may be partially right Kahlua, but I still think that even without stats, these issues will act as a deterrent to people getting into PvP.

I would personally hate and have my playing experience ruined if I were to get camped and rushed on all the time.

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 12:51 PM
well yeah the issues would still be there, but people wouldn't be throwing temper tantrums about it as much. It would just be a nuisance that would inevitably get dealt with if there was no death count. Plus I feel as though people wouldn't use such harsh kill tactics if there was no kills statistic.

StompArtist
12-02-2011, 01:23 PM
There is no definition for the term on a whole for any genre of gaming but this I find is the closest relation.

We obviously do not have hundreds but the idea is the same.

Oh. Thank you so much. Now I get a clearer idea. I wasn't sure anymore if "rush" didn't mean "not waiting for someone to say I am ready".

Fac3bon3s
12-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Oh. Thank you so much. Now I get a clearer idea. I wasn't sure anymore if "rush" didn't mean "not waiting for someone to say I am ready".

No, No. If teams are even and you get killed because you were not ready. That is a whole different issue, and from my perspective does not warrant a complaint. Rushing IMO is what I posted above. When teams are unbalanced and the more populated team rushes the other because they know they have the numbers in their favour.

Hullukko
12-03-2011, 03:37 AM
For a game that's packed with people from both ends of the spectrum and plagued by stat boosting, I find it odd that there seems to be so much room for bad behaviour (like 3 vs 1 rushing) and so few tools to counter it (leaving, while you can't even chat before joining the teams, sheesh)

Quake had better PvP interface back in 1997, 14 years ago. This is not beta by a long shot, barely alfa. The interface and how it works is appalling by today's standards.

And to your boxing analogies... boxing is still a rather well mannered sports, something I most certainly cannot say about the pvp here. One seldom sees three guys jumping on one when he's entering the ring with a towel over his head. Heck, swinging before the gong even when one on one would have some serious consequences.

Having a level start and keeping the matches quick and hasty are most certainly not orthogonal. Rocket arena anyone? Timed start, nice entry queue, and most certainly fair starts.

Why isn't there a map that would be "no stat effect for kills/deaths"? Could be the same map with a different name. We'd get rid of most of the childish nonsense in one fell swoop.

THE Tesla
12-03-2011, 09:53 AM
So I was reading this for a while and I just had to give up, every post is basically the same "I don't think ppl should rush, I still have to put my makeup on", " in the arena its a bloodbath, u have to use your animalistic instinct and kill kill kill!!!" Well, I say that don't go into an arena if you are not rea tody to fight. The only time I see "rushing" as a bad thing is when the teams are uneven, a ready button with a timer should really be implemented to keep this whole issue from ever having to take place... unless of course ppl begin to complain they were not ready after hitting the ready button..

DJMdivine
12-03-2011, 10:32 AM
To tell ya the truth whoever in this community started this "wait for eachother then go" kinda thing ruined
PvP alltogether in pocket legends. I dislike PvP in PL and now what could be next SL because you think sitting there typing go is making a difference when eveyone could be having SUPREMELY AWESOME FULL OUT TEAMS DUKING IT OUT! Rushing? What a stupid term... Just play the game and have fun... If you guys are getting mad over rushing you've got a problem because this have been in tons of MMORPG's for years... Oh ya, to the whole community! This is also the reason we probably dont have PvP rewards or never will at all! Because PvP is so boring, you made it boring, and therefore no one will have the long sustaining interest it should hold.

Hullukko
12-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Suggestion:
"rushing" no countdown, just go and fight with even teams
"raping/aholing" 3vs1 rushing

I believe it's the latter that people are disgusted by and it's the former that people here try to defend.

Personally, I strongly believe that the pace of game can be even faster if there's little assistance in team formation and fair starting coming from the game. It was really well done long ago in quake rocket arenas.
I don't understand why SL (or PL) has to has such an imbecil mechanism to start a game that rewards misbehaviour and repulses new people away from it.

Fortress
12-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Already?

Come on first day and my I get my first 2 deaths by some Rushers???

Why do they rush for? What do they gain? IMO if you want to rush go to PL!

Smh come on guys really play fair!

How is it that on the first day there are Rushers already? Are they scared to play fair?

The way I deal with Rushers from now on will be this way

I will destroy the ratio, no questions asked.

Now tell me, do you rush? Be honest, and why do you rush?

Honestly, I haven't PvPed yet, but I sure wouldn't want to be rushed....

Don't worry, Javier! You'll destroy that ratio and be on the leaderboards!! (for pvp of course) :P

Pharcyde
12-03-2011, 03:01 PM
PvP on SL and PL is pretty much identical. Got my gollies out of 1-2 matches and was already bored :/...

Garvhoz
12-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Me I dont care about rushers they are just sissies they try to kill you then when you kill them they get mad, not all of them though, and its your fault if you are AFK during a arena fight and they kill you, if any one rushes me I try to kill them as fast as I can, its fun having them pop out and trying to kill you, its kinda like a roller coaster you expect the dips but you still feel it, they should make a skill for rushing maybe it could called invisibility and for all classes, but I do get mad when its 3@1 thats just stupid doing that

seilhpares
12-04-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm just keeping a mental list of players to avoid joining. I've made a good amount of new friends and simply host my own locked games to keep the players with k/d agendas out. It would be nice if an ignore list could be added as a filter to public matches somehow though.

kateku
12-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Rushing is not allow? You enter a pvp arena and being afk there?

If you are on low health, please re enter again. I have no complains with rusher 1 on 1.

But when u say wait, 3 running towards is more worst lol.

When you enter a zone with 2 vs 3. You first instinct is to be quick to help your team mate to win the match.

I prefer if there is a 1 on 1 pvp. That way it could prevent any problem like 3 on 3 pvp.