PDA

View Full Version : Regen gear!

Zipponator
12-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi all, I just want to know the regen stats of the lv 65 sets. Right now I have a 57 Mage and am not sure what class to make it ( both for pve and pvp ). I was thinking about going half str to be a pally and half dex for damage. Is this a good combo? And please tell me the comparison of regen between the sets, is str gear still vastly superior ( havnt played in. Months) in the regen of both m and h. Thx!

Lowlyspy
12-01-2011, 11:23 PM
From what ive seen the str gear has kind of scaled back a bit in the regen department. The noncrafted set has around 38 h/s and 20 m/s, this is still manageable as a pally however. The crafted orlock set has around 43 h/s and 23 m/s, if you can afford this then by all means go for it.

I wouldn't recommend a str/dex pally tho, it would drastically reduce your skill damage which is a crucial part of being a pally. If you are insistant on being part dex then I would go int/dex so you can have the good skill damage.

Zipponator
12-01-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't understand. You say that damage is a crucial part for pally and then offer me the option of going int and dex? That's not even pally.... I want to be str so I can be a pally .... I just wanted to know the combination with str.

plmafiaboss
12-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Dude. Int and str ftw xD

Lowlyspy
12-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

A pally is most effective as str/int because of your greater skill damage (more damage dealt with spells, more health regained with heal)

I suggested int/dex as an alternative to being a pally. A str/dex combo doesn't provide a large enough damage to make it really worth it.

EDIT: skill damage is different from regular damage. Skill damage is referring to the damage cause by skills such as firestorm and lightning. Regular damage is just damage inflicted when you attack with your weapon.

Veoveoveo
12-01-2011, 11:34 PM
I'd say going half int half dex. The int would increase skill damage and allow more skills to be used. The regen is a bit over 20 m and 12ish h regen for staff. 27ish m and 16ish h for wand. This is the Lilith set. If you can go crafted, there's a bit more regen for each.

NECROREAPER
12-02-2011, 12:04 AM
For your build as a pally I'd suggest using lvl 63 Orlok gear as it's nearly as good as lvl 65 Orlok, but is cheaper. Only issue is that you won't be able to craft it later if you decided you want to. (I use 63 Orlok gear but I'm a bear ;) )

Ixillicus
12-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Personally.. when I used a pally I always used half Dex/Str. The problem with Dex/Int is that your hit percentage is rather low, so while you have higher skill damage... not that useful if you're not hitting.

Gaunab
12-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Agree with Ixillicus.

Most good pallys I know use a str/dex combo.

You sacrifice skill damage, but it increases your hit% significantly.
Look at it that way: What is the point of having a higher skill damage when you barely hit your target?!

Especially in PvP the hit is crucial, since with a -30 hit debuff, your hit would be somewhere about 50% (as str/int) and your skills and combos would fail.

Just my observations. I never played a Pally myself, so there might be other interesting specs...

Ruby!!!
12-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Agreed for pvp but imo in pve hit % doesn't need to be that high as you never really get debuffed.
My pally is 150 str 150 int rest dex. With hit ring and blue face that is an even 90 % hit percentage which should be enough for pve.

Look at it that way: What is the point of hitting your target every time instead of 9 out of 10 times when you hit for cute 100 damage? :p Jk

I think at least we can all agree that you should never ever be a full str pally. :disillusionment:

RedRyder
12-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Arent mages made for skills? Why I earth would anyone sacrifice that.. You might as well get a war bird or dex bear

Elyseon
12-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Mages are made for skill dmg, whether a pally, dexmage, or pure int. Does ur hit really matter when ur firestorm does 100dmg vs tanks w/ 200 armour. U definately need in.