PDA

View Full Version : Possible Glitch, Suppression and Pain

LelouchX
12-02-2011, 01:36 AM
PvP:
What exactly is the definition of "stun" for suppression and and pain. Opponent can't move, but can attack. Not sure if this is a glitch or not.

Also, with pain, the AoE effect of the explosion does not hit the target after 3 seconds. Also not sure if this is a glitch or intended.

qler
12-02-2011, 01:58 AM
suppression is a glitch bc they are not soppose to do anything at all when that skill is use on them n my pain works but they die before the aoe kicks in...my advise is to target one enemy w pain n attack another so the aoe can kick in

LelouchX
12-02-2011, 06:36 AM
suppression is a glitch bc they are not soppose to do anything at all when that skill is use on them n my pain works but they die before the aoe kicks in...my advise is to target one enemy w pain n attack another so the aoe can kick in
sry, i should have been more specific in my title, i am referring to PvP here. thanks for the response

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I think all the stuns and knockdowns are either glitched or used as intended. Lurch knocks down but opponents can still fire and use skills. Same for the commando knock downs. Engineer supression appears to, as you said, stop them from moving but not from attacking. This makes me wonder if it's done on purpose...use lurch to knock away an enemy whos about to kill you...knock downs for commandos...stop movement I guess...and suppression to allow you to attempt to run away and heal yourself...even though pvp eng heals seem to be very weak

ThisGuy0502
12-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Yes I've been realizing the same effect there are many issue wrong with the engi empathy, transference, pain, leech and suppression.. Basically the main skills the we engis use in pvp :-/

krazii
12-02-2011, 10:11 AM
If suppression worked as it does in PVE, engineers would be unstoppable. I remember the PL days when mages owned PVP as well. I'm guessing this is part of a tweak they made to make PVP more balanced.

LelouchX
12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
If suppression worked as it does in PVE, engineers would be unstoppable. I remember the PL days when mages owned PVP as well. I'm guessing this is part of a tweak they made to make PVP more balanced.
i wouldn't say it's that balanced now though, engis are definately at a huge disadvantage imo