PDA

View Full Version : Pally or int Mage?

Zipponator
12-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Hi guys I just turned pally with half int. I love how I can barely be hurt however am also annoyed with the such low hit%. I am wondering whether for lv 65 it is better to be int with sheild or pally in terms of pvp. If someone could also say what the rough hit% of int Mage with sheild is and pally that would be great, along with the armor of each (this is with lv 65 sets). Thx!

RedRyder
12-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Only thing being a pally has to offer is armor. I have nearly 210 armor with no buffs and I'm half dex half int. my hit is like 130%. And of course, my DMG is high.

Ruby!!!
12-02-2011, 05:53 AM
With level 65 sets armor isn't really a difference. I have over 210 with crafted wand set, vanity set and armor ring. Str set gives you maybe only 10 to 15 more armor. But it does matter when you need dodge. That is the major difference between wand and sword set. For the higher dodge as pally you sacrifice hit (90% vs 115% on my builds iirc), some serious spell damage and of course range.

So if you want more armor to just stay alive longer then the wand set is more than enough. If you need armor AND dodge to be able to rush through every crowded room you'll have to go pally. If you aren't sure about it better pick the wand setup.

Zipponator
12-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Only thing being a pally has to offer is armor. I have nearly 210 armor with no buffs and I'm half dex half int. my hit is like 130%. And of course, my DMG is high. ok I'm guessing that that's with wand and bracer. Could you tell me what your regens are and this is with the lv 65 Mage bracer set right? (if so pls give name).

Zipponator
12-02-2011, 05:59 AM
With level 65 sets armor isn't really a difference. I have over 210 with crafted wand set, vanity set and armor ring. Str set gives you maybe only 10 to 15 more armor. But it does matter when you need dodge. That is the major difference between wand and sword set. For the higher dodge as pally you sacrifice hit (90% vs 125% on my builds iirc), some serious spell damage and of course range.

So if you want more armor to just stay alive longer then the wand set is more than enough. If you need armor AND dodge to be able to rush through every crowded room you'll have to go pally. If you aren't sure about it better pick the wand setup. ok I'm Just a little confused. I used to play every day however quit for a few months. Anyway you said there are vanity bonuses? Is there now vanity gear that gives stats? (I just quit after rings came out).

RedRyder
12-02-2011, 06:01 AM
I don't have the bracer set anymore, I only use the crafted staff set. But what I used was lv 65 Chiroptera pieces, as they provide more armor than Lilith, even with its set bonus. Id only use Chiroptera as last minute survival. I can't get in game now for the exact numbers, sorry

Jsaieagle
12-02-2011, 06:05 AM
I don't have the bracer set anymore, I only use the crafted staff set. But what I used was lv 65 Chiroptera pieces, as they provide more armor than Lilith, even with its set bonus. Id only use Chiroptera as last minute survival. I can't get in game now for the exact numbers, sorry

Hello Redryder, you have 130hit% and 210 armor (with vanity bonus?) with L65 Chiroptera pieces, str and dex build!!? That's insane!!!! o.O"
Would mind to share the numbers of health and manna regen? Oh yes, damage as well please :-)

Ruby!!!
12-02-2011, 06:11 AM
ok I'm Just a little confused. I used to play every day however quit for a few months. Anyway you said there are vanity bonuses? Is there now vanity gear that gives stats? (I just quit after rings came out).

For reaching the elite levels 56, 61 and 66 you got a vanity item. Combined they give you additional stats. (numbers in this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42820-Persistence-Set-Bonuses))

My stats on a level 66 mage (267 int 67 dex) with crafted lilith wand set, no vanities no ring:

113 hit%
8 dodge
33 health regen
36 mana regen
225 - 270 damage
193 armor

And with all 3 vanities and dodge/armor ring:

113 hit%
15 dodge
33 health regen
36 mana regen
225 - 270 damage
216 armor

RedRyder
12-02-2011, 06:49 AM
I have no vanity bonus as I only have one elite item, but I wear the founders gel vanity that gives 5 armor, and the 10 armor dex ring

zeusabe
12-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Really depends on your style. In PVE, IMO, int mage has the edge in overall "dungeoning" and has more value in a party IMO. Your heal is something your party-mates will love and your spells will definitely have more impact as an int mage. Survivability is fairly easy as long as you know how to tap those hp pots quickly. For mobs, wand bracer is the way to go (chiroptera or crafted lilith), and on bosses you can shift to staff set (crafted lilith) for quicker damage output on a single target (just be careful since you'll be getting aggro more often than not). For PVP, with correct tactics, full int is very hard to put down. You will be owning a lot of bears on a full int build but you'll be food for most birds. Against fellow mages, it'll be a matter of who pulls the trigger first. ty.

Whirlzap
12-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Personally, you all would build a Wand set for PvE, to not die as much.
However, the number of deaths doesn't mean anything. I believe that Mages should use a Staff set.
They are given that high skill damage for a reason. Pure INT staff Set mages do the most damage in game.
I would invest in a Lv65 Crafted Staff Set for both PvP and Pve.

Udiemorenoob
12-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Intelligence. I tryed both pally and int, finding int to be more effective.

helpguy
12-04-2011, 10:01 AM
My Mage is pally (more armor and damage) if ur. Endgame then It dosnt matter :) because a bracer and wand will give u above 190 armor sometimes 200+ with a set

Dark Avenger
12-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I did dex/str through most of the game but when I started mt fang my skills weren't doing much damage so I switched to pally. I really loved the dex/str set but just wasn't doing much on the newer enemies, but rocked throught the lower levels

Kaarataka
12-04-2011, 06:35 PM
In PvP there are two types of pallies... You see how bad the hit pct is for int/str pally(I call this fail pally). Try making a dex/str pally and tell me how you do in PvP. Now you should know that being a str/dex pally is annoying in PvE since your spells are much weaker. You have also found the most important stat for a pally (hit pct). Anything you can do to raise this stat (rings,face) you should try. If you are discouraged by the low spell dmg in PvE then I would recommend going as a pure int or int/dex mage with wand bracer. As for a pally with a wand....meh its an interesting build but it also fails in PvP.

If you are looking for PvP help try using the PvP section of forums.

Good Luck