PDA

View Full Version : Bows N Guns....

Motherless_Child
02-24-2019, 12:09 AM
Based on actual game play experience, my feedback is that bows and guns would be more effective if they had multi hit capabilities, at least when charged, for all arcane, set, and specialty guns and bows (like spirit)........

Just seems that single hit for bows and guns on the arcane, set, and specialty level is a bit "subpar".........

It wouldn't turn you into an "endgame map" god or an "OP" boss killer but, it would definitely be extremely helpful in other maps/situations/scenarios..........

Just feedback.....

Kaziscate
02-24-2019, 12:17 AM
Based on actual game play experience, my feedback is that bows and guns would be more effective if they had multi hit capabilities, at least when charged, for all arcane, set, and specialty guns and bows (like spirit)........

Just seems that single hit for bows and guns on the arcane, set, and specialty level is a bit "subpar".........

It wouldn't turn you into an "endgame map" god or an "OP" boss killer but, it would definitely be extremely helpful in other maps/situations/scenarios..........

Just feedback.....

The lvl 41 mythic guns actually were able to hit multiple enemies at once when charged (like an AoE),but they had to be somewhat close to each other. I don't see why this feature was removed from later mythic guns. It would make charged attacks more viable. Speaking of charged attacks being more viable, I think charged attacks should allow close range weapons (staffs, daggers, warrior weapons) to hit one more enemy.

Snowdager
02-24-2019, 09:10 AM
I would love to see this implemented into AL.

Korabiv
02-24-2019, 02:41 PM
I’d be curious to see what happened if they gave bows and guns equal damage to that of staffs and daggers. That would make you choose between range and multiple targets damaged of auto attack. Right now staffs and daggers dominate mainly due to the higher damage, so it would be interesting to see if this would “balance” them more. We all remember the days where everyone used only guns and bows back when they had higher damage. Then sts nerfed them and now the opposite is true. Why not have them have equal damage so people have a little more choice between the 2?

Kaziscate
02-24-2019, 02:53 PM
I’d be curious to see what happened if they gave bows and guns equal damage to that of staffs and daggers. That would make you choose between range and multiple targets damaged of auto attack. Right now staffs and daggers dominate mainly due to the higher damage, so it would be interesting to see if this would “balance” them more. We all remember the days where everyone used only guns and bows back when they had higher damage. Then sts nerfed them and now the opposite is true. Why not have them have equal damage so people have a little more choice between the 2?

Guns/Bows and Staffs/Daggers back then had similar damage. They nerfed the damage stat on guns to compensate for the double damage buff they gave to them. There are traits about both weapons that makes them better than the other in some ways.

Bows and Guns are best in single target DPS overall, even if it's at the cost of slightly lower skill damage. Since they only damage a single enemy, you will have a consistent DPS.

Staffs and Daggers are best against groups of enemies. Since they damage multiple enemies, your DPS will fluctuate depending on how many enemies there are.

Motherless_Child
02-24-2019, 08:38 PM

Where is damage currently relevant, aside from a "proc"?????

Motherless_Child
02-24-2019, 08:51 PM

Choosing between guns/daggers and staffs/bows should not be a matter of damage or a proc.... Ability to "use" should be the dominant factor.....

Korabiv
02-24-2019, 11:38 PM
Where is damage currently relevant, aside from a "proc"?????

Higher damage stat means higher skill damage if I’m not mistaken. So a rogue with ebon daggers using aimed shot does more damage then a rogue using ebon bow aimed shot. I think

Dalmony
02-25-2019, 01:46 PM

This ^

Would love the stats values to be brought closer together so that players could choose between the different play styles and not have to sacrifice a ridiculous amount of stats just to be able to be ranged.

Motherless_Child
02-25-2019, 07:11 PM
Higher damage stat means higher skill damage if I’m not mistaken. So a rogue with ebon daggers using aimed shot does more damage then a rogue using ebon bow aimed shot. I think

I see what you are saying.... I misunderstood.....