PDA

View Full Version : Question for a developer

Udiemorenoob
12-02-2011, 03:00 AM
I dont know if this is the proper place to post this, but my question is:If a device is banned and the banned person started playing again on chrome, would that person be banned again if found to have made the new account?

KingFu
12-02-2011, 03:28 AM
Nope. Bans dev the device by its UDID, and all devices linked to the account. If you get an entirely new device and start playing on a different account, you're device/account won't be banned. However, if you get a new device and try playing on a banned account, well, then that devices' UDID is now banned.

Udiemorenoob
12-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Nope. Bans dev the device by its UDID, and all devices linked to the account. If you get an entirely new device and start playing on a different account, you're device/account won't be banned. However, if you get a new device and try playing on a banned account, well, then that devices' UDID is now banned.

Ok thank you.

Skeletonlord
12-03-2011, 01:38 AM
What is udid?

Sassinya
12-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Just a guess, but I think udid= Unique Device IDentification ... Could be ...

KingFu
12-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Just a guess, but I think udid= Unique Device IDentification ... Could be ...

Identifier, but pretty much the same thing:p It's the ID for apple devices.

Otukura
12-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Identifier, but pretty much the same thing:p It's the ID for apple devices.

No UDID for PC :0

I guess there's the MAC address, but could they get that from a browser? And IP is too easy to change.

Kaarataka
12-03-2011, 03:25 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier

uuids are used in all types of ways. The one that is most likely being used is the MAC address( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address ). Each network device has a unique identifier ( like a finger print ) and if they are filtering by that ( which is very common for network/sys admins to do ) then a new device will work. As stated above logging into your banned account will likely get your new device perma banned as well.

javier995
12-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Also don't play on another device using another email if you're banned. I believe that doing this will cause more consequences. I'm not sure but the ban period is increased or it's a perma ban.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.