PDA

View Full Version : aftermaths of non dropping recipes in fang (or guide how to make gold with 30plat)

Riccits
12-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Hello sts and community,

how ya all know in mount fang recipes almost dont drop anymore (or its easier to win lotto than get one).
I dont know if its inteational to make us buy them via plat or its just a bug.

Just want to explain what players can do (and some do) atm.

Buy a non crafted 65 pink (or just use a dropped one) in CS (ideal are armors and shields) craft it with a plat recipe for 30plat and spend in some craft materials (100-250k) and after resell it for 500k-1mil more in shop.

I tried myself last WE:
bought a Sand Leather for 2mil and crafted with plat recipe. Craft items last WE was 300k for crafting that leather.
Reinserted in shop for 3.3m and sold quick => 1mil won with 30plat wich is a good deal for me...

This thread shouldnt be a guide to make gold, but more to encourage devs to set drop rate of recipes like any pink in fang.

Free for discussions, no flaming etc.. plz, thx!

Ixillicus
12-02-2011, 08:06 AM
I thought about this as well. Don't have the cash to make the initial purchases of the gear, but I am quite sure that this would be an effective way to make money, until others start doing it too and prices fall as a result. I think the recipe drop rates need to be improved but I am going to guess that most people craft using plat.

RedRyder
12-02-2011, 08:12 AM
I've had to buy all my recipes with plat :/ $15 down the drain or a staff set. It looks cool, but I could've bought a stake with that money

Whirlzap
12-02-2011, 09:40 AM
1million FOR THIRTY PLAT?????????
That's such a horrible deal!
But this is coming from one who prizes Platinum.
I would do like atleast 5mil for 30Plat.

Gaddy
12-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Lets see... The devs want us to spend plat (RIGHTFULLY SO) and I imagine they want to drain gold from the top "1% ers" in the game...

Um, exactly why should they do this again? How does it help them?

Battlelock
12-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I checked last night, a lvl 65 wand I crafted with a plat recipe isn't able to sell on CS, which is like anything else purchased with plat, non sellable. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be or is this a bug?

drewcapu
12-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I dunno.

I made almost 20 million for whatever Winter Festival cost and that was just selling greens and purps

:D

Gaunab
12-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I checked last night, a lvl 65 wand I crafted with a plat recipe isn't able to sell on CS, which is like anything else purchased with plat, non sellable. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be or is this a bug?

Items purchased with plats and also the recipes purchased with plats are non-tradeable.

Crafted gear, however, that has been crafted with a plat recipe should be tradeable, and I had never a problem with doing so...

So, check again? :) If it doesn't work to sell the crafted item, this is definitly not intended, therefor a bug.

Battlelock
12-02-2011, 04:19 PM

Items purchased with plats and also the recipes purchased with plats are non-tradeable.

Crafted gear, that has been crafted with a plat recipe should be tradeable, and I had never a problem with doing so...

So, check again? :) If it doesn't work to sell the crafted item, this is definitly not intended, therefor a bug.

Good to know thanks :cool:

I did find it odd because I crafted it for Bluiydbabe and was able to trade/give it to her but when she went to place it on CS she said it wouldn't let her list it.

Arod8ball
12-02-2011, 07:29 PM
1million FOR THIRTY PLAT?????????
That's such a horrible deal!
But this is coming from one who prizes Platinum.
I would do like atleast 5mil for 30Plat.

Its not that bad. I've seen groups gon on thrasher runs at max level during Nuri's and not get a good pink.

Beanmachine
12-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Plat option for recipe is bull****. They should lower the prices and/or give an option with gold (i.e 30k)
And they need to increase the drop rates... Vampires should have a little chance to drop them.
Nobody ever bothers to kill them so why not? This will encourage the group to kill every vamp they see.

Riccits
12-03-2011, 06:46 AM
well not much seems really concerned.
thx for feedback

Duped
12-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Yes ricci, you are right, the recipes should drop more frequently, however this is likely done on purpose to encourage the plat purchase of them, so I don't see it changing, so long as people will buy them with plat.