PDA

View Full Version : How do I open slots on an item

maximus11111
02-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Silly question I know but havent really explored upgrading items. How do I unlock the additional slots on an item?

Thanks

joelsunilx
02-24-2019, 09:26 PM
use elite awakening gems or awakening gems to unlock its random slot opening GL :)

Idly
02-25-2019, 02:34 AM
Awakening elixir from store 5k gold and then further enhancements available by using awakening gems (farmable/purchasable in auction) or elite awakening gems (plat only in store and seriously overpriced for gold in auction)

Almost always better/cheaper to buy an item fully awakened with good awakes than blowing your brains out on trying to do it yourself.

Motherless_Child
02-25-2019, 06:40 PM
Awakening elixir from store 5k gold and then further enhancements available by using awakening gems (farmable/purchasable in auction) or elite awakening gems (plat only in store and seriously overpriced for gold in auction)

Almost always better/cheaper to buy an item fully awakened with good awakes than blowing your brains out on trying to do it yourself.

I just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone "knows" the exact difference(s) between "Elite Awakening Gems" and "Regular Awakening Gems"?????? Mainly, I wanted to know if The "elites" have a "higher" slot unlock chance than the "non-elite" gem version????

Gufugufutwo
02-25-2019, 06:45 PM
I just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone "knows" the exact difference(s) between "Elite Awakening Gems" and "Regular Awakening Gems"?????? Mainly, I wanted to know if The "elites" have a "higher" slot unlock chance than the "non-elite" gem version????

wow this is the first post ive ever seen of you, where you don't have a single period in your reply @.@

Motherless_Child
02-25-2019, 06:52 PM
wow this is the first post ive ever seen of you, where you don't have a single period in your reply @.@

Dang... I'm "slipping up"..... LOL....... I have to make sure that doesn't happen again.... LOL..........

Ebereasider
02-25-2019, 07:28 PM

Here's your answer:

If you don't like what you have rolled, you can try again until you are satisfied. There are two ways to re-roll:

• Awakening Gem (craftable from a new type of drop called incense fragments which drop from mobs around Arlor)
• Elite Awakening Gem (tradable kits purchasable for platinum)

All slots are remapped when you reroll. Both gems roll for any of the possible enhancements, the only difference between these two is the Elite Awakening Gem gives you better odds for rolling better things and opening up additional slots (if the item will support it).

Fyrce
02-25-2019, 07:55 PM
When you do enough awakens, you will see the Elite Awakening Gems give much better stats more easily. When I did just normal Awakening gems, there were some stats I never saw until I used Elite gems.

Anyways, to do the initial awaken, you need an Awakening Elixir. If you do not have any, clicking on Awaken on an item will take you to the Store where you can purchase Awakening Elixirs for 5k gold each. I usually buy like 10-20 at a time.

After the initial awaken, you can use either crafted Awakening Gems or purchased Elite Awakening Gems (from auction or plat store) to do additional awakens. Opening additional slots is random. I think Elite Awakening Gems seem a bit faster, but that could just be an impression.

Getting the awakens you want actually takes a lot of time and gold/plat. Sometimes, it WILL be better to just buy an item with the awakens you want.

The current Tainted set, however, is new and awakens have just started. I have mostly finished opening slots but getting the right stats is taking some time. Jeweling will also take time. I will be finishing up this stuff AFTER the event, when I can just sit while my new equips are being upgraded.

maximus11111
02-27-2019, 12:58 AM
Thanks all. Figured it was random and odds not stacked in your favour like everything in this game