PDA

View Full Version : Being Accused Of Scamming

iAmbigeous
07-15-2010, 04:43 AM
Hey guys Hacked here,
So recently I sold "Khafra Cloth of Isis: Level 40" to a level 45. He bought this for 20k and everything went fine until after around 5 minutes, he started accusing me saying "You scammed me! I thought it was level 45!". Before this trade I had been shouting out "S> Khafra Cloth of Isis lvl 40". Obviously as you can see what I was shouting lvl 40 not 45. In my opinion this is just a case of his own mistake, not of mine. If he goes back online I don't mind giving him his money back due to him being desperate over 20k, although is it really my fault?
~ Thanks for reading
- Hacked

Royce
07-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Not your fault at all. He should have checked the item in the trade window to confirm that it was what he wanted. Personally I would have taken the item back and returned the gold, but it's definitely his mistake.

Kingofthebear
07-15-2010, 05:41 AM
The same thing happened to me, but the person came back after I had already taken the item off of an auction here on the forums. If there's been no harm done I'd trade back, but it's his fault for not reading the item.

iAmbigeous
07-15-2010, 06:03 AM
Yeah, I don't mind giving the money and getting the item back but I just thought I'd share it with you guys :]

BestHyun
07-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Is it really your fault because he misread?

Addihul
07-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Not your fault, even if you were posting without the lev 40 tag. Lot of people still selling 40 AO1 drops in towne. Nice thing to do would be to reimburse him and have him give the item back, but your call of course. The whole scamming claim is just retarded.

KingFu
07-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Ignore him, it's happened to all of us, whether we were buying or selling, I bought a pink Int helm, I payed too much because I didn't notice it being "of mastery" I have also sold a jewel thiefs level 40 bow for 30K, and I told him that it wasn't worth that much and he put 25K, if they are willing to pay that much, then they want the item that badly...

Snakespeare
07-15-2010, 04:02 PM
In the end, I think, it will only matter to the devs, if the complaint is brought before them. Since they log the chat, they can easily look up whether you said 40 or 45. So, if your story is true, you have nothing to worry about. From the sound of it, I agree with the other posters, it was his responsibility to read the description of the item before buying it.

Real scamming is quite a bit different. That's where someone tells you he'll give you something as long as you give him your log-in information, and when you do, they log in with your character and take advantage of you (giving your items away or liquidating them and paying themselves with all your gold, forinstance). This is also easy for the devs to track because each iPod and iPad has a unique identifying device ID. If you get scammed that way, they can figure it out very quickly just by looking to see who used his device to log in with your password, and they can ban that device. People who scam using PC games can't be discovered as easily as people who scam with an iPod/iPad, they just hide behind a firewall.

So, in brief, it really doesn't matter what we think, it matters what data the devs have. You should probably take it up with them. They will probably want to know the exact place and time that the trade occurred.

Justg
07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Don't sweat it... if they are hassling you then just /ignore!

Tailless
07-15-2010, 06:03 PM
A similar thing happened to me last night while farming in AO2. An item dropped that I have been waiting for and asked if I could buy it. They said sure and we agreed on a reasonable price and finished the transaction. I was all happy because I got an item I really wanted and they didn't try to rape me on the price. I thought WOW there are still some nice people around that aren't super greedy so I added them to Friends list. That is until I realized that the item I was given was the AO1 version and she had declined my invitation. Oh well, I should have been paying more attention.
Vented,Lesson Learned, and Moving on.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Don't sweat it... if they are hassling you then just /ignore!

Hai Justg!

(10 characters blah blah blah)

EDIT: oh wait...that was ten characters. :l!

Inching
07-15-2010, 09:04 PM
if they dont check the trade window properly, then it defeats the purpose of the trade window right? KEEP the money and tell him to wear glasses.

iAmbigeous
07-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys! Yeah Im willing still to give it back but I forgot his IGN LOL. But I just thought I'd share my mini-story with you guys! :)

Mr2hitk0
07-15-2010, 11:35 PM
if they dont check the trade window properly, then it defeats the purpose of the trade window right? KEEP the money and tell him to wear glasses.

LMFAO

/charlimit