PDA

View Full Version : Player level range

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 01:02 PM
How does this work for this pvp? On my 26 Op, I've been in a game with as low as a lvl 20. Highest level in that game was a 27. I've also been in a game with a 32. Another game said that the highest level in the game was 27, I joined, and one of my opponents was in chromaweave...

Does the game select the level range based on who hosts? I feel like the range is +6 from the host, and - whatever the number is until the next multiple of 5. For example, if a 22 hosts, up to 28 can join, but the lowest would be 20.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the games in set brackets of a 5 lvl spread? As in, 25 being the base, and +2 and -2 as the range. This means 23, 24, 25, 26, and 27's only.

Ellyidol
12-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Basing on what Sam said that SL PvP is basically PL PvP, I would assume that it's +/- 5 levels of the host.

So a Lv. 25 hosted game will allow players from level 20-30 to be in the same game.

Kahlua
12-02-2011, 01:16 PM
See that doesn't seem fair to me. Since the armor between the previous caps is not that good, and the capped armors are 5 levels appart, a 25 will stand no chance over a 30. I think new green, orange, and white armor gets placed 2 lvls after the previous cap (lvl 25 capped armor ---> lvl 27 midway set---> lvl 30 new capped armor), the brackets should be sized down a bit.

Doing it the way I suggested would let people consider the new dropped item set instead of their pevious capped armor, and give them a little more of a shot against the higher levels. Someone with the 27 gear at 27 isn't nearly as dominant over a 25 as someone at lvl 30 with custom chromaweave.