PDA

View Full Version : Engineer/PVP issues/suggestions

Xaphan Fox
12-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Issues:

Engineers are able to kill/damage allies. I think its pain explosion, but not sure.

Engineer Empathy only seems to heal one in three ticks.

Engineer Pain stun lasts 1 second.

Engineer Mesmerize lasts 1 second.

Players able to attack around corners/through pillars.

Transference does not appear to heal me or allies when dropped on 2 close stacked enemies.

Enemy players able to do damage while pain stunned and mesmerized.

Above happens with other classes stun/knockdown skills as well.

**Above happened in a controlled environment.
**1v1 and 2v2 with friends seeing how skills apply.

Suggestions:

A "is everyone ready" when they join button. Game starts when all are available.

Damage is disabled if a player drops making sides uneven.

When you die and respawn, a 5 second invuldnerability.

Being able to see enemy health. The red bar above NPC heads in dungeons would work well.

Being able to see enemy names to know who you are fighting and also a quick glance of team size.

Respawn node you spawn at is always one closest to remaining team mates.

A defense buff powerup and damage powerup that spawn in random locations on the map at random times. M M M M MONSTER KILL!

Respawn nodes, if stood on while alive, increases health and mana regen while in range.

Barricades like in shipyard that offer dodge bonuses while in range.

Engineers need a direct heal/instant cast like enchantress! hah!

With pvp here, it would be nice to have a dual spec you can switch seamlessly betweeen.

With pvp here, I think having dodge heavy plat gear in future expansions is a bit much now. Didn't matter before pvp existed. Matters now.

Please post yalls thoughts/concerns if I missed one.

Thanks for any responses!

Woof...

Testament
Sparkling Pwnies

THE Tesla
12-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Issues:

Players able to attack around corners/through pillars.

Enemy players able to do damage while pain stunned an knockedback

Suggestions:

A "is everyone ready" when they join button. Game starts when all are available.

Damage is disabled if a player drops making sides uneven.

When you die and respawn, a 5 second invuldnerability.

Being able to see enemy health. The red bar above NPC heads in dungeons would work well.

Being able to see enemy names to know who you are fighting and also a quick glance of team size.

Respawn node you spawn at is always one closest to remaining team mates.

A defense buff powerup and damage powerup that spawn in random locations on the map at random times. M M M M MONSTER KILL!

Respawn nodes, if stood on while alive, increases health and mana regen while in range.

Engineers need a direct heal/instant cast like enchantress! hah!

Yes I have same issue with attacking while knockback or stun is in effect.

Idk if around corners is true though, I'm pretty sure if u hug close enough los will work.

Your suggestions are great, everbody ready button will save so many people from having to worry about being rushed or if they are rushing.

I think by damage disabled you mean attacking disabled, which would also work to ensure teams are even before battle ensues.

A+ for hp plates of target.

Buffs and debuffs are a good idea, and so good I am sure they will be added, since this IS still beta..

Respawn "nodes" would work well with HP and mana regen incorporated to detour groups from spawn camping and to get the battles out into the map.

For your last point, I may not be the authority on Eng play because mine is 25 but from my experience playing him and in a group on my op, I highly recommend an instant heal that does not require attacking. This will help keep kids off drugs, jk seeing if you are still reading. But seriously an instant heal may make engs relvant.

roufus
12-03-2011, 03:40 AM
I think we need some sort of aggro control to help the engi on the team engi are being triple teamed at the beginning of team matches. they can straight up be targeted instead of hiding behind the strong commando they need skills to break the lock and auto attack like an aoe so they at least have to retarget you or a commando skill that makes you attack the commado instead

Ellyidol
12-03-2011, 03:50 AM
I think we need some sort of aggro control to help the engi on the team engi are being triple teamed at the beginning of team matches. they can straight up be targeted instead of hiding behind the strong commando they need skills to break the lock and auto attack like an aoe so they at least have to retarget you or a commando skill that makes you attack the commado instead

Aggro can never play a role in PvP because players can choose whoever they want to attack, unlike mobs where you can force them to attack the tank.

Part of team play is exactly what you said, taking out the healer first while trying to defend yours.

roufus
12-03-2011, 06:47 PM
But u have no way to defend your engi as long as they are locked onto the engi with auto attack its over like I said a skill that breaks the lock or draws the lock away from the engi to another character 3 people going after one squishy engi doesn't take long to drop him

Vladrac
12-03-2011, 09:03 PM
The only thing I can see being a plausible upgrade for the pvp Engie is boosting their heals up a bit. And/or Suppression working identical to pve.

Luellasky
12-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Agreed!

Nightarcher
12-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Engineers seem the weakest class in pvp; they could use some skill fixing and tweaking. :)

Other notes:

Regarding seeing opponents' health, I disagree, and think it's better without. Otherwise everyone would always go after the person with the lowest health. You should be making tactical decisions based upon their class, location, and your judgement, not because the health bars show' they're weak. Having to guess the opponent's state makes pvp more fun and realistic, because you utilize your memory more. :)