PDA

View Full Version : Luck Enhancers... Gotta go!

Silentarrow
12-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Basically luck enhancers are ruining the rarity of items in Star Legends. All purps beome pinks and all greens, purps. IMO, this completely ruins the challenge Of farming! Items with a 0.001% drop rate now has a drop rate of 50%, whats up with that?

I think one of two things needs to happen,

1. Nerf luck enhancers to how they originally were.

2. Just completely get rid of the miners luck enhancer...

Sorry for grammer mistakes or the fact that I just don't make sence, I'm pretty tired :).

Slant
12-02-2011, 10:09 PM
hmm several threads on this topic but yeah it does spoil the drops items except the pinks, and its ok on the helm-back-vest purps but ruins the economy for all other rare items, spoils the plat-to credit ratio in the store, and (one more time lol) is the same as listing in game items in the plat store

roufus
12-03-2011, 03:47 AM
I agree nerf the luck elixir I am having a much harder time finding purple gear now

Beanmachine
12-03-2011, 05:00 AM
I actually prefer it so I can finally use decent gear>.<
As a merchant, I buy all my gear...

Corpser
12-03-2011, 06:06 AM
its ruining the economy it needs to go >.<

Pharcyde
12-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Hows it ruining the economy? Vanities are still popin 1m+, legendaries still popping 50-110k (depends on which one), and custom sets are still very pricey. Tbh, without luck enhancers, I think the price of items would be even more insanely high.

Nightarcher
12-03-2011, 04:50 PM
@Pharcyde

Most of it is a feeling of imbalance in the economy favoring plat-purchasers. They can make money and get rare drops with much higher success, as 80%+ of the Legendary Pistol drops so far have been to people using the new Luck. :)

--

I made a thread under Suggestions/Feedback about this a while ago, but the devs still haven't commented on these new 100% luck elixirs/enhancers. They've kept pretty quiet about it, even though they've received tons of feedback expressing distaste (to say the least). So I assume they're here to stay whether we like 'em or not. :)

Here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42661-FEEDBACK-Luck-Elixirs-Enhancers-are-Evil

Slant
12-03-2011, 09:42 PM
the elixers bring down the cost of the pink guns for everyone, at the cost of those with plat just getting rich, at a rate at which those without plat cant keep up,
its also ruining the economy for these items - gallowtech, neutronic, iridium, sunwalker, desert rat, sand storm... these items were relatively much more rarer before the elix, for some maps the drops are roughly 10 times more common... the prices for these items sometimes crash in the ah, the elix bizzarely hurts those who use it as well, and the miner's elix is as good as listing these items in the plat store... why maintain the difference and give the illusion that it matters if you kill a few mobs thats actually easier than popping bubble wrap, these items can just be listed in the plat store then sold in the market, which is the equivalent of what the elix does

selling a few guns and endgame purps is not the only merching strategy, one persons casual play is hurting another persons serious play

fortunately those with a lot of plat are mature enough to stop after they have enough, not seen this being abused as much as I thought it would be lol

once you have a capped toon in all classes, there is nothing much to do but go for the leaderboards or farm and merch, both these activities are somewhat meaningless if you can buy your way through them, leaving reaching the level cap the only real challenge in the game, which basically reduces the game to a major grindfest

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 09:48 PM
@Pharcyde

Most of it is a feeling of imbalance in the economy favoring plat-purchasers

Exactly.

Fac3bon3s
12-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I combat this by using a custom level 30 set on all of my toons. This does not help me in PvP one bit. I'm not going to waste plat on chances at gear. I'll wait and buy gear on auction if I can afford it. I don't need to have millions of credits or custom 500k level 35 set. But I guess in the end I don't have the right to refuse others the opportunity to take the chance by buying the Miners Luck.

MightyMicah
12-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Why would anyone actually want an inflated economy? So they can say, "Oh yeah I have more money than you! That makes me better." Obviously not :\ These new enhancers will help everyone, platinum users and non-platinum users. However, it will take alot of the fun out of hunting for pinks :\

Silentarrow
12-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Why would anyone actually want an inflated economy? So they can say, "Oh yeah I have more money than you! That makes me better." Obviously not :\ These new enhancers will help everyone, platinum users and non-platinum users. However, it will take alot of the fun out of hunting for pinks :\

The thing is, that mostly heavy platinum purchasing people have all the money in the game now...

Zeus
12-03-2011, 10:42 PM
The thing is, that mostly heavy platinum purchasing people have all the money in the game now...

Being a heavy platinum user, I concur. There was a time that if you bought over 10k platinum it was unheard of. Of course, that's why TLA was considered eccentric with his 40k platinum purchased in those days. Now? I ask the elixir users, "How much have you guys spent in platinum, if you don't mind telling me". Their answers? Anywhere between 5-30k platinum. What's worse is, greed is the driving force behind this. The player's greed funds it, and STS's greed keeps the wick from being burned out. Will it stop? Probably not. Thus, it will probably get worse as time goes on.

The fact that on DOTD, I can just purchase 2k platinum and buy 700k credits is just ridiculous, as 700k will buy you just about anything you need in SL.

saiyen
12-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Dude its no fun for non-plat users,i feel miners luck is dominating non-plat users,this game is changing into pl(plat dominated game)
THIS GAME IS NOT FREE NOW
Only plat users have fun
:-C
Even lvl 40 implants r from plat
(very bad)
I hope same will happen to dark legends
So no place for non plat users:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-<:-<:-<:-<:-<:-C:-((:-[:-<:-C:-((:-[:-((:-C:-<:'-(:-<:-C:-((:-C:-((:-<:-C:-((:-C:-C:-<:-C:-<:-C:-((:-C:-<:-C:-((:-<:-C:-<:'-(:-((:-C:-<:'-(