PDA

View Full Version : Gold Elixers with longer times

KhaosAngel
12-03-2011, 08:59 AM
I think we need new gold elixers with a longer time limit. Perhaps 30k for 1 hour (@1.5x). It is kinda annoying to tap through menus every 5 min.:GB_bonesrock:

Zipponator
12-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Doubt it will happen since most probably means less Profit.

Ellyidol
12-03-2011, 09:19 AM

Profit from gold elixirs?

ninjaduck
12-03-2011, 09:20 AM

Profit from gold elixirs?
I think he means less profit for STS

Ellyidol
12-03-2011, 09:23 AM
I think he means less profit for STS

Yeah, exactly. How is there less profit for STS when people spend more gold?

Gaunab
12-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Since he only refers to the 1.5 elixiers, which are available for gold, it doesn't mean less profit.
All the people running on 4x would still be purchsing those.

It would just make it easier for all those who decided to go for 66 without any plat pots, because they don't have to rebuy every 5min. :)

JaytB
12-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Yeah, exactly. How is there less profit for STS when people spend more gold?

If gold elixirs become more 'attractive' to use, people will spend more gold on them. But in the same time, if people would buy more gold elix, they will buy less plat elix, hence meaning less profit for STS.

Gaunab
12-03-2011, 09:37 AM
If gold elixirs become more 'attractive' to use, people will spend more gold on them. But in the same time, if people would buy more gold elix, they will buy less plat elix, hence meaning less profit for STS.

The only thing that changes is, that you don't have to rebuy so frequently. Or is anyone using plat 3x or 4x pots for the only reason that he don't wants to do all this menu clicking...? The people who can afford and use plat pots do this to save time (I rarely see players with a plat pot other than trashers), and wouldn't reconsider using 1.5x instead of 4x, would they?

Ellyidol
12-03-2011, 09:49 AM

Ah, in that perspective, I agree.

JaytB
12-03-2011, 10:42 AM
The only thing that changes is, that you don't have to rebuy so frequently.

Making it more convenient is making it more attractive to buy IMO

Roc
12-03-2011, 10:44 AM
There used to be higher level elixirs for gold, but then they were changed to Plat :( so on the one hand maybe it is purposely inconvenient so you will buy a Plat elixir but on the other hand I would like a gold elixir that I don't have to re-buy so often!

JaytB
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM
maybe it is purposely inconvenient so you will buy a Plat elixir

That's exactly what I was thinking :)

Rubikin
12-03-2011, 11:14 AM
If someone would have bought 6 gold elixirs in 30 min anyway, then making a more convenient 30 min gold elixir probably wouldnt cut into STS profits. But if the inconvenience of having to constantly re-buy gold elixirs pushes some to try plat elixirs, then creating a longer one would cut into their profits. The trick is figuring out which behavior is more likely... Maybe those who buy a lot of gold elix wouldnt have bought a lot of plat to begin with. And once the gold runs out, maybe they would use plat elix to earn more gold :)

JaytB
12-03-2011, 11:26 AM
If someone would have bought 6 gold elixirs in 30 min anyway, then making a more convenient 30 min gold elixir probably wouldnt cut into STS profits. But if the inconvenience of having to constantly re-buy gold elixirs pushes some to try plat elixirs, then creating a longer one would cut into their profits. The trick is figuring out which behavior is more likely... Maybe those who buy a lot of gold elix wouldnt have bought a lot of plat to begin with. And once the gold runs out, maybe they would use plat elix to earn more gold :)

You definitely have a point here. But STS is a company that makes strategic decisions on how to earn money, like any other company. My guess is that they took the worst case scenario into account when making gold elix available again, so making them more inconvenient to use is the safest choice IMO. It's like an added benefit for plat elix that just might encourage people to buy those elixers instead of having to buy a gold elix every 5 minutes.

PatsoeGamer
12-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I quite like the idea, i spend a lot on gold elixers, and not much on plat. It is very annoying having to dip into my gold pot whilst shooting arrows. I occasionally throw gold at the enemy too. I get confused

I think STS should make an elixer which levels you up to the next level cap on a release instantly for 1 million plat

Hankomachos
12-05-2011, 06:26 PM
I agree with the OP. Although I doubt it; I suggested it once and devs didn't take notice. Dosent hurt to say it again though. :)