PDA

View Full Version : Engineers dominating in PvP ?

Malerian
12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Don't know if its where this thread belongs, but anyway.

I've read on the PvP forums that some engineers do well 1v1 PvP, but at the same time, some on the forums are saying most engi skills don't work in PvP. Also, from my experience so far in PvP, against com i don't even do damage before dying, and op burn me down in seconds, as neither heals nor roots work.
So, if there are engi doing well in PvP, could you please tell us about your own experience ?

Luellasky
12-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Yes that right, transference isnt healing alies after doing damage to the other team , i am also having trouble taking down the comms because they have too much armour, and ops have a lot of DPS. What ive heard is that you are suppose to use suppression and then move away to heal, revive is a good skill for it helps increase mana regan. My prob is that suppression is not working properly, because it only stuns the opponent from moving but not attacking. I as an eng, is not having the best experiences... there are bugs that need to be fixed. Ive also heard that eng dominate pvp, because of their bluffs if you respec them properly... I also noticed that when you are healing with empathy, it only ticks once every 3 sec. My suggestion is that when you pvp, you respec your skills so its one on one damage, eg:decay, for it will help a lot in time. PvP did just come out a few days ago :P so yeah.... That is my experience

LelouchX
12-04-2011, 02:14 PM
transference does more than not healing allies, it does heal the opponents. i feel like i am posting this in every engi PvP thread, but it applies (CLICK HERE for trans glitch screenie) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44278-Engi-Transference-Glitch)

Malerian
12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Yes, in fact, empathy does heal, but it ticks for 20-23 each time.
Besides, both pain and suppression work sometimes, only rarely, and, as said, don't stop attacks.

LelouchX
12-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Besides, both pain and suppression work sometimes, only rarely
I think the reason you notice this is because most people play PvP with plat armor for the high dodge rate. I noticed in testing skills with a friend, that the plat gear helps dodge skills (including but not limited to pain and suppression) just as frequently as it dodges auto attack. on the other hand, in testing skills (every opponent targeted skill, that is) against someone with a doge of 3, none of my skills missed once.

TheChairmaker
12-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I have absolutely no trouble with Ops. My lowly little level 31 Engineer can pwn a level 35 op with full BladeTech and BladeFins, when I'm wearing full Atomite and wielding that instrument of annihilation, the Incinerator (obviously with a HoloShield too). In stark contrast, even a level 30 Com can absolutely tear my poor little Zakalwe to shreds. My tactics for Op-pwning go thus:
1) Set up Force Shield to absorb a little damage. Every little helps!
2) Cast Pain and Decay instantly, cos Decay still reduces the target's armour.
3) Cast Leech after a few auto-attacks to replenish your health a bit.
4) Start to spam Empathy as often as you can. Also spam Revive to restore your mana.
5) Cast Wither. Wait for your skills to recharge.
6) Rinse and repeat, swapping the order of attack skills as you see fit.
This strategy works IMO. I hope you find it works for you!

Cowgirl
12-05-2011, 02:14 PM
I think its pretty safe to say engis are NOT dominating pvp. Just take a look at the leaderboards for each class. :/

TheChairmaker
12-05-2011, 02:16 PM
I think its pretty safe to say engis are NOT dominating pvp. Just take a look at the leaderboards for each class. :/
LOL - out of interest, which class does dominate?

Cowgirl
12-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Ops with coms a close second.. engis way far behind :(

LelouchX
12-05-2011, 03:29 PM
i know quite a few coms that wreck PvP like none other.......

TheChairmaker
12-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Ops with coms a close second.. engis way far behind :(
Nooooooo!! And me too busy levelling to rectify the situation...

LelouchX
12-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Nooooooo!! And me too busy levelling to rectify the situation...
don't worry, get yourself all leveled so once the glitches are fixed, we can put those ops and coms in their place :-)

CrazyKidd
12-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Leader Boards. Can be stacked. ( fake) all you gotta do is get a group and decide who dies and who gets the kill. Stats are then easily made. Kinda lame but I sure a few do it for braging rights.

Also my experience is that a standard 616 Eng ...does not work well in pvp

LelouchX
12-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Also my experience is that a standard 616 Eng ...does not work well in pvp
you're correct there. there are a few threads here already that go into engi PvP suggestions, so i'll avoid double posting. i'll just say to utilize your buffs if you want to stand a chance, and avoid PvP till the engi glitches are fixed (that's what i'm doing, although i fared pretty well the one day i jumped into the ring)

TheChairmaker
12-06-2011, 01:40 PM
you're correct there. there are a few threads here already that go into engi PvP suggestions, so i'll avoid double posting. i'll just say to utilize your buffs if you want to stand a chance, and avoid PvP till the engi glitches are fixed (that's what i'm doing, although i fared pretty well the one day i jumped into the ring)
I fared pretty well, as long as I avoided Transference. Took me ages to figure out it wasn't working right! ENGIS FTW! We'll have to set up a team of forumite Engis for PvP :wink: who's up for it?

LelouchX
12-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I fared pretty well, as long as I avoided Transference. Took me ages to figure out it wasn't working right! ENGIS FTW! We'll have to set up a team of forumite Engis for PvP :wink: who's up for it?
yes, transference is a problem right now (post #3 contains link) and i'm working on my PvP engi as we speak so i don't have to keep paying plat to spec builds when i go from PvP to PvE. lv 29 now, hoping to get to 35 before the update so i can get some PvP in before having to level her again........ too many toons, not enough time.

and btw, consider me officially "up for it" :-)

Hullukko
12-06-2011, 03:33 PM
I have absolutely no trouble with Ops. My lowly little level 31 Engineer can pwn a level 35 op with full BladeTech and BladeFins, when I'm wearing full Atomite and wielding that instrument of annihilation, the Incinerator (obviously with a HoloShield too). In stark contrast, even a level 30 Com can absolutely tear my poor little Zakalwe to shreds. My tactics for Op-pwning go thus:
1) Set up Force Shield to absorb a little damage. Every little helps!
2) Cast Pain and Decay instantly, cos Decay still reduces the target's armour.
3) Cast Leech after a few auto-attacks to replenish your health a bit.
4) Start to spam Empathy as often as you can. Also spam Revive to restore your mana.
5) Cast Wither. Wait for your skills to recharge.
6) Rinse and repeat, swapping the order of attack skills as you see fit.
This strategy works IMO. I hope you find it works for you!

Actually an engineer doesn't stand a chance against an op assuming both can play. You don't get to rinse and repeat. You're welcome to try.

As I haven't played comm in pvp myself I can't really speak for it, but have faced quite a few I dare say an engineer doesn't stand a much of a chance against comms either. Comms are very strong.

Oh, and force shield doesn't absorb damage in a sense that it would be taking damage instead of you. (at least it didn't do that before, and I don't think they've changed that to pvp, but do correct me if this has changed)

Luellasky
12-06-2011, 06:56 PM
PvP Beta did just come out, obviously there are bugs :P

TheChairmaker
12-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Actually an engineer doesn't stand a chance against an op assuming both can play. You don't get to rinse and repeat. You're welcome to try.

As I haven't played comm in pvp myself I can't really speak for it, but have faced quite a few I dare say an engineer doesn't stand a much of a chance against comms either. Comms are very strong.
Oh, and force shield doesn't absorb damage in a sense that it would be taking damage instead of you. (at least it didn't do that before, and I don't think they've changed that to pvp, but do correct me if this has changed)
Evidently my opponent couldn't play then. No, Engis stand as much chance as a snowball in an oven against Coms, better off surrendering :nightmare: IDK about Force Shield, it seemed to take the damage for me.

TheChairmaker
12-06-2011, 11:19 PM
yes, transference is a problem right now (post #3 contains link) and i'm working on my PvP engi as we speak so i don't have to keep paying plat to spec builds when i go from PvP to PvE. lv 29 now, hoping to get to 35 before the update so i can get some PvP in before having to level her again........ too many toons, not enough time.

and btw, consider me officially "up for it" :-)
My Engi's still level 31...sigh. Too much XP to gain, not enough gaming time! Lol, not a complaint against STS, complaint against revision for my mock exams. Anyway, Lelouch, we need more ppl for our PvP club :frog: do you think it's worth a thread?

Oops, only just realised I've double-posted.

LelouchX
12-07-2011, 12:44 PM
I haven't tested force shield really since i don't use it in my PvE build and haven't gotten enough PvP time in yet. Feel free to start a thread chair, i'll post when i see it

serprus
12-07-2011, 07:56 PM
I just went 10-7 (lost) against a 36 Op

Bene
12-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Engies definitely need some attention to their pvp skillset. I can beat ops and coms, but if they are really skilled, I still don't stand a chance. Alot of it comes down to your kiting ability, knowing when to stun and mezz, and reading the opponents skills. If they are all over you like a rash, there is next to no hope of survival.

I have posted a guide as to how to best approach engie pvp in the pvp section. Let me know what you think :)