PDA

View Full Version : What's happening with the curse in Maus?

Susanne
03-24-2019, 04:02 AM
The title says it all. Even with Glow's shield my character goes down as soon as I see the words "you have been cursed".
Is it Glow, my weapon.. Ebon bow or is it the curse and has anyone else noticed it or is it me? 🙁 It never used to happen, I used to be able to manage to stay upright.

Bluehazee
03-24-2019, 04:26 AM
I didn't notice any difference.
I'd suggest you to use nilbog aa to avoid curse. Glowstik was very good during cap61 and maybe 66 due to dmg reduction, but with current stats and gear at lvl71 i dont see the need to use it unless you have low armor (voice set) or solo maps. Just a suggestion though

Susanne
03-24-2019, 04:34 AM
I'll try it. I use nightmare set in Maus and my stats are good to say I use aforementioned bow. It just started happening that's why I'm puzzled. Thanks anyway.

PostNoob
03-24-2019, 04:53 AM
Ive also experienced this. I see the curse coming, i am in no way doing any damage to anything, no razor..nothing. My ping is always fine, less than a second consistently.

Somehow, even after i proc Nil aa, i instantly die. Maybe the curse skill isnt lined up correctly with the icon notification we get from the mages idk.. It does seem like it just started happening. This wasn't happening a month or 2 ago.

Seems the difficulty has also been ramped up, maybe curse skill got screwy there(just an assumption).

Susanne
03-24-2019, 06:12 AM
Yes same thing. I tried Nilbog aa and no difference. It is more a time lapse issue. It only happens with curse, when I've been targeted with aimed there's no problem.

Yeh
03-24-2019, 06:32 AM
I stopped using the bleed upgrade on razor and no longer have that problem

Avaree
03-24-2019, 06:39 AM
I too notice little no warning too, when i am getting cursed. Also notice aimed shot & razor seems more extreme than before.

Susanne
03-24-2019, 08:01 AM
Seems like I'm not the only one then which makes me feel marginally better but not very happy.
Hi there Yeh. I have haven't used bleed on razor but thanks for replying. In fact thanks to all who replied. 🙂. It saved me a lot of time juggling around with my pets aa and switching from one to t'other.

ancestor
03-24-2019, 09:17 AM
And to add to this the cool down on the curse feels like 3 seconds. Cant kill mob in time as I'm running away from any mage to make sure I don't get insta cursed

Oakmaiden
03-24-2019, 01:01 PM
The Maus increases difficulty as you increase your level, if your 71 the mobs are 81. At least thats what I was told about it.

Susanne
03-24-2019, 02:47 PM
Hi there Oakmaiden. 🙂 Yes you're most likely right but the curse has just started flooring us. We had fair warning up until recently. It doesn't seem to affect everyone though.

Dadansn
03-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Hi there Oakmaiden. 🙂 Yes you're most likely right but the curse has just started flooring us. We had fair warning up until recently. It doesn't seem to affect everyone though.

Have you been using toxic bolt in your skill set?
Maybe that's the problem.

Susanne
03-24-2019, 04:39 PM
Have you been using toxic bolt in your skill set?
Maybe that's the problem.

No. I don't have that skill. Everything in Maus is ok except for the curse. I'll keep trying. Actually, I ran it today with a good team, the warrior was especially helpful and he pulled the mobs together then I used Glow's aa and none of us were affected by the curse.
Quite good runs. It makes a difference having good teamwork. You can have the best gear but it's not as important as being in a team that plays well together.

Kakashis
03-24-2019, 10:11 PM
Wow this would have been terrible had I still been playing hardcore lol

PatD
03-25-2019, 09:50 AM
Hi Susie :)

are you sure no one where using magma aa?

Susanne
03-25-2019, 12:54 PM
Hi there Pat. ☺️
I don't remember on a couple of occasions. Sometimes it's all a blur with all the pets doing there things all at once. I do recall the last two runs were Magma free and I stayed vertical.
Does Magma side with the enemy? 😮

Susanne
03-25-2019, 01:11 PM
P.S. I should have put "their" instead of "there". I can't seem to edit my posts. I needed to correct it before the Spelling Police arrested me 😓 (they do exist).

PatD
03-25-2019, 01:49 PM
Yes indeed Susie, if magma is activate during a curse all party die because it is like an attack,
when u get cursed u will not die if you don't attack or if glow or nilbog have activate their aa,
but if u have the balls of flame from magma aa running around you when curse is send then no way to escape death!
Only way to use magma in mausoleum is if its aa is activate right after glow or nilbog aa, but still risky ;)

Susanne
03-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Thankyou Pat. ☺️

Jairus980
03-26-2019, 03:01 AM
Curse icon appears, stay idle while waiting for the "you have been curse" warning. Icon disappeared with no warning and making us think we are not curse or pet AA. 2-3 secs later, "you have been cursed" and died. the end ;)

Mage going troll mode in Maus. Stay alert!

slaaayerrr
03-26-2019, 03:23 AM
Curse icon appears, stay idle while waiting for the "you have been curse" warning.

looks like u got a lot of curses, papir :D

Crystalwiz
04-02-2019, 11:38 AM
I have done a lot of maus runs and too have noticed that within the last week the curse has gotten worse. I run with glow mostly here and still get cursed and die instantly. As soon as I see the curse icon I equip glow but lately it doesn't help. The one aim hit is instant death, can't move or use pots or anything. End result...going thru ankhs like 10 times more than normal. I read about magma affecting the curse but don't think anyone had magma equipped but will pay attention in the future. I'm curious what changes sts did to affect this? Did I read that they made some changes to glow? Anyone know?

Kjeldran
04-03-2019, 05:07 AM
theres a delay between aa activation on glow and when cursed icon goes up. My delays on nilbog aa seems shorter , get less failed aa on nilbog aa. suggest you try nilbog aa. I stop using glow aa when I get too much failed aa.

Avaree
04-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Twice today I was killed by curse. I died, upon reviving I saw the notice flash you’re cursed. I was on CD with nilbog each time, other aa in pty was glow aa, and other non supporting maus pet aa.

Luciano Lobo
04-03-2019, 11:07 PM
theres a delay between aa activation on glow and when cursed icon goes up. My delays on nilbog aa seems shorter , get less failed aa on nilbog aa. suggest you try nilbog aa. I stop using glow aa when I get too much failed aa.This [emoji115]

~LUCKYLOBO