PDA

View Full Version : An idea

Alkif
03-24-2019, 10:23 AM
I recently started running elite maps for aps (achievement points) and suddenly an idea came to me. Instead of making new maps every expansion, why not use the old ones?

The issue there was that you can't make low level maps viable for higher level players without ruining early game for newer players, but why not make 2 phases for the map? First phase could be for players from 1-71, and past that players would unlock "advanced map" which could be below elite option, where we have stronger mobs, better rewards, new aps etc. This way we would have a tons of new content, could double maximum aps and bring back good old content that many miss and love.

Also I love how cryostar and northal are designed, and thought maybe it would be possible to make similar bosses for every map? We could have a "pirate king" in kraken isles, an "overlord" in shuyal, "yeti" in nordr and so on. Or at least make a weekly "world boss" event, where you can participate with your guild, earn tokens, get rare drops (and by rare I mean arcane chest rarity so the shop wouldn't be flooded with same items) and ofcourse compete against other guilds for "guild rewards".

We could also upgrade old items lika a planar pendant and vili/uller/himi armor into even stronger versions.

My point is, why not make use of the old content which sits still and waiting to be updated?

With love,
Fellow arlorian :)