PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this would b a good idea?

Snacking
03-25-2019, 11:52 AM
I’m not sure if this idea would even be plausible, so feel free to debunk everything I say.

In light of everyone’s suggestions/ideas to balance pvp, I’ve been brainstorming how to implement these ideas without ruining pvp in case they turn out to be bad for the game.

TEST / TRIAL RUN FOR BALANCES
I’ve seen other games implement limited time modes/lobbies to test new balances/implements coming soon just to see how they’d perform in actual gameplay. Maybe we could make the balances active in pvp dungeons for a short amount of time, see what the effects are, and if it’s negative take it back out.
I figured that’d be too time consuming/troubling to sts, so I was thinking maybe add a limited time pvp arena where the changes are active. There we could test freely and post our thoughts to the forums, keep testing, and mold pvp into how it should be.

Thoughts?

Eatmyshred
03-25-2019, 12:04 PM
as long as they don't put it behind a platinum paywall, sounds good to me.

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

Buchmeister
03-25-2019, 01:21 PM
This is a good idea, although I don't think the game operates like that. I'm pretty sure if Cinco changes the stats balancing-wise, it's a universal sandbox change. So he can't implement a certain map where only certain changes exist because it would have to affect everything. STS has their own test server where they try stuff out but they can't let players into it.

But who knows, Cinco might think of something crazy!

P u r e
03-25-2019, 02:57 PM
This is a good idea, although I don't think the game operates like that. I'm pretty sure if Cinco changes the stats balancing-wise, it's a universal sandbox change. So he can't implement a certain map where only certain changes exist because it would have to affect everything. STS has their own test server where they try stuff out but they can't let players into it.

But who knows, Cinco might think of something crazy!

1 time only 24hr access to STS test server for 1000 plat.
Your character and everything on it gets left behind. You get provided 1 character whatever level you want, and a vendor inside that allows you to pick whatever gear you want to gear your character with. Upon 24h time limit ending you character gets deleted and you no longer have access ever again.

Snacking
03-25-2019, 03:06 PM
Your character and everything on it gets left behind. You get provided 1 character whatever level you want, and a vendor inside that allows you to pick whatever gear you want to gear your character with. Upon 24h time limit ending you character gets deleted and you no longer have access ever again.

1000 plat?
Homie w h a t

Buchmeister
03-25-2019, 03:13 PM

The server that STS uses is (most likely) local, meaning they only use it at the studio. To allow other people in they'd have to take up more server space which would cost more money. Plus I'm sure the permissions are different on the server (meaning the add item command and other commands are accessible) which is probably a bad idea.

xzLegendszx
03-25-2019, 04:48 PM
Your character and everything on it gets left behind. You get provided 1 character whatever level you want, and a vendor inside that allows you to pick whatever gear you want to gear your character with. Upon 24h time limit ending you character gets deleted and you no longer have access ever again.1k plat? Do you think that we are rich and want to spent money on a game that has only 130players online? It isn't worth it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

P u r e
03-25-2019, 07:33 PM
1k plat? Do you think that we are rich and want to spent money on a game that has only 130players online? It isn't worth it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

1000 plat?
Homie w h a t

Purestat and qtr guns cost more than 1000 plat.... People buy the weapons, you want special privilege and access to a exclusive test server you gotta pay.

Dolloway
03-26-2019, 05:46 AM
Purestat and qtr guns cost more than 1000 plat.... People buy the weapons, you want special privilege and access to a exclusive test server you gotta pay.

I just don't understand why it would cost 1000 plat for only 24 hrs. I suppose people would pay 1000 plat for a longer period of access (1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year) or even lifetime access. However, paying 1000 plat for 24 hrs access sounds far too expensive. Yes, people do pay 1000 plat for stat guns, but these stat guns are theirs to keep and won't disappear after only 24 hrs.