PDA

View Full Version : Need a better tactic with daggers at mid-20s levels

Snakespeare
07-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi all you birdies!

I need a better way to use daggers. I keep dying!

So, I realize that I have to get my health up higher than 1 H/s. I am using a pirate's sniper helm for that, and my STR is at 11. I think the next point I can get by stats is to boost my STR to 61, which I'm not going to do.

My problem isn't inflicting the damage. That is working great. I just use the 5 levels of Focus and the damage is fine.

The problem is, in a boss fight, I can't drink the potions fast enough. My armor is 37 total as I am using a wing shield.

So that leaves buffing up my dodge, right? And all I can see to do it is Evasion. But I didn't put any points on that because at early levels I was basically running around the slow guys and shooting. By the time I get enough experience to apply enough point to Evasion to make it useful, I won't be in Fathom any more, I'll be in Lost Expedition.

So, basically, I've got to decide: will I forget about daggers until higher levels, or re-spec? And if I re-spec to use daggers, what are the good skills for dagger. Chances are I will choose number to drop daggers for now.

Any thoughts would be helpful. thanks

KingFu
07-15-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't prefer daggers for lower levels, archers at low levels have less dodge and less H/S and M/S than the higher levels. Daggers are close ranged weapons, so you have to run in to inflict damage, daggers are a good source of DPS but without much health, you die easily. If you are going to use daggers, put Evasion at lvl 5, at least 4. Str users can only use weapons for up-close battle, but they have higher health for that. If you put attributes in Str, your DPS will lower. I suggest you using a bow, put Evasion at 3 at the moment, and at level 35, use a Swamp Rat's Swampy Shiv and a Swamp Rat's Blackbird Wing if you can get your hands on them, if not, use a Sniper's Demon Dagger, but I really suggest the Swamp Rat's Blackbird Wing. At your level, any basic bow will do, I am not so familiar with lvl 20 bows. But I would definitely save daggers and shivs for later.

EDIT: At about level 29ish, I would put Evasion at 5, it is a life saver!

Hope I helped!

Banned
07-15-2010, 05:09 PM
I think I'll re-level another archer and post a dagger guide in a week or so.

Anyway, your best bet is to forget about daggers till level 35.

EDIT: Btw, level 35 gear for a dagger archer.

Sniper's Dead-Eye Derby
Mambooza Croc Scale Leather
Swamp Rat's Shiv
Swamp Rat's Blackbird Wing

Snakespeare
07-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks. I was hoping the two of you would chime in. OK. Sounds like a plan. :)

P.s. best bow I have right now is the purple level 19 auto-crossbow of finesse. It rocks, but I was experimenting with daggers.

=================================

Just editing to say that I have increased Evasion and I use it now, and my new favorite weapon is the Battle Crossbow of the Eagle which I can start using after about 200 more xp.

Snakespeare
08-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Weeks later and now I am level 33.

The Demon Dagger is awesome! It says speed of 0.3. I think the animation only shows it once a second. Maybe I should set it on auto-attack because I am not sure I can tap that fast for that long without getting a cramp in my thumb. I still haven't found the Swamp Rat stuff yet, but more time mired in the Swamps will surely turn up something. :-)

Raxie
08-10-2010, 04:24 PM
i've got a demon dagger. is yours pink? mine is level 35, purple; if you are interested i'll let you take a look.

Snakespeare
08-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah, it's pink, but the pink bow I have is better. The dagger has DPS, but I live longer when I am ranged.