PDA

View Full Version : Reflect Can One Shot Kill Cryostar

Kaziscate
03-27-2019, 09:41 PM
Anything that reflects can kill the Cryostar in one hit if Marked for Death kills the player while having a reflect buff, pretty much causing the Cryostar to banish itself. Not sure if this is intentional.

Futumsh
03-28-2019, 10:41 AM
This should be fixed in today's update. Incoming damage is now only considered for reflection up to your current health total (You have 1k hp and 500% reflect, something tries to do 1 million damage to you, 5k is reflected instead of 5 million).

Fearrr
03-28-2019, 11:07 AM
This should be fixed in today's update. Incoming damage is now only considered for reflection up to your current health total (You have 1k hp and 500% reflect, something tries to do 1 million damage to you, 5k is reflected instead of 5 million).

So in simple terms. The aegis proc has been bugged this whole time and is now being properly fixed? Will this effect pvp to?

Futumsh
03-28-2019, 11:39 AM
This change does affect pvp, but only when the incoming attack is for more damage than you have current health.

I wouldn't say it's 'properly fixed' as we'll certainly be needing to address how damage reflection scales when we get to the expansion, but this should reduce crazy reflected damage from one-shot kill boss attacks.

slaaayerrr
03-28-2019, 11:43 AM
current health total

This change does affect pvp, but only when the incoming attack is for more damage than you have current health.

current or total? total is max hp (can be seen in avatar), current hp=total * %hp

Fearrr
03-28-2019, 11:45 AM

I wouldn't say it's 'properly fixed' as we'll certainly be needing to address how damage reflection scales when we get to the expansion, but this should reduce crazy reflected damage from one-shot kill boss attacks.

ok thx for the reply.

Futumsh
03-28-2019, 11:56 AM
current or total? total is max hp (can be seen in avatar), current hp=total * %hp

current hp. If you only have 2 hp left, and something tries to do 8 billion damage, you reflect 2 * reflect_percent / 100.

slaaayerrr
03-28-2019, 11:58 AM
current hp. If you only have 2 hp left, and something tries to do 8 billion damage, you reflect 2 * reflect_percent / 100.

Alfabeast
03-28-2019, 12:01 PM
So this was addressed before and just got said that ebon fortress is working properly refecting 30% of incoming damage, now instead of nerfing rogues incredible dam , u choosing to Nerf the brand new 71 arc weps?
I'm just trying to get a full understanding,

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Kjeldran
03-28-2019, 12:54 PM
So will this also affect the warr reflective barrier ultimate? Is this being address as well?

Encryptions
03-28-2019, 01:09 PM
Ebon aeig will now lose value.

Futumsh
03-28-2019, 01:11 PM
So will this also affect the warr reflective barrier ultimate? Is this being address as well?

This is all damage reflection from any source. No reflection of overkill.

Marosok
03-28-2019, 01:24 PM
I see, what this change did to Orrick attack staying out of rings (barely half dmg reflected). Everything else seem normal, 8 sec proc, same dmg reflected on maps i play. I only thought, that reptus reflection shield end faster.

Snowdager
03-28-2019, 01:41 PM
Rip ebon aegis, I feel sorry for the ones who spent a fortune on this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slaaayerrr
03-28-2019, 01:57 PM
Rip ebon aegis, I feel sorry for the ones who spent a fortune on this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its rip ebon staff and daggers, not aegis, u will see :)

slaaayerrr
03-28-2019, 02:08 PM
This should be fixed in today's update. Incoming damage is now only considered for reflection up to your current health total.

No reflection of overkill.

then here also should be added %of current player's dmg reducion, not only current hp

something like:
You have 1k hp and 500% reflect, something tries to do 1 million damage to you (and for example u have 95%dmg reducion at that moment), 5k/0.05=100k is reflected instead of 5 million

or easier to tell:
with 1k hp and 95%dmg reduce i should get 20k dmg to be killed, so when something tries to do 1mill dmg to me - with 500%dmg it will be reflected 20k*5=100k

Kaziscate
03-28-2019, 02:27 PM
This "nerf" isn't really going to make a huge dent in ebon weapons. The weapons will still function exactly the same and will still be just as good, the damage from an attack that kills you is only limited. While Ebon Staff and Daggers may take a bigger hit from this, mages and rogues aren't even supposed to be tanking hits in the first place.

Alfabeast
03-28-2019, 03:27 PM
Yes it's a fair fix, weapon still functional without the overkill,

slaaayerrr
03-28-2019, 03:36 PM
Yes it's a fair fix, weapon still functional without the overkill,

haha there is almost no nerf for warriors, its nerf mostly for mages/rogues, especially for mages

Snowdager
03-29-2019, 09:16 AM
This "nerf" isn't really going to make a huge dent in ebon weapons. The weapons will still function exactly the same and will still be just as good, the damage from an attack that kills you is only limited. While Ebon Staff and Daggers may take a bigger hit from this, mages and rogues aren't even supposed to be tanking hits in the first place.

Mages reflect is proced by taking dmg, the only way for a mage to successfully use the ebon staff would be to tank.