PDA

View Full Version : Second Server with game reset?

andreasobst
03-31-2019, 10:47 AM
The biggest reason why the game keeps loosing players (although Cinco is doing great with updates) is that it is hard for new players to start into the game. The cool things are insanely expensive, and most people can only afford them because of years of playing and therefore having the necessary gold amount to do so.

Yeah, there are a few new gen players that managed to start off well (by playing nonestop and spending plat) but the average newcomer will most likely get frustrated and quit early.

In addition, the game just doesn't feel challenging any more with all the op 105 gear, enchantments and pets. PvP is unbalanced and basicly dead.

So what would be a really interesting idea, would be starting off a second server, that would start with a (old) game version of the first "real" cap, Lvl 51.

Everyone would have the possibility to have an equal start, items wouldn't cost tens of millions any more, farming items would be the main thing to get money again instead of just waiting that vanity sets raise in price, and the nostalgia would be great.

xzLegendszx
03-31-2019, 10:53 AM
The biggest reason why the game keeps loosing players (although Cinco is doing great with updates) is that it is hard for new players to start into the game. The cool things are insanely expensive, and most people can only afford them because of years of playing and therefore having the necessary gold amount to do so.

Yeah, there are a few new gen players that managed to start off well (by playing nonestop and spending plat) but the average newcomer will most likely get frustrated and quit early.

In addition, the game just doesn't feel challenging any more with all the op 105 gear, enchantments and pets. PvP is unbalanced and basicly dead.

So what would be a really interesting idea, would be starting off a second server, that would start with a (old) game version of the first "real" cap, Lvl 51.

Everyone would have the possibility to have an equal start, items wouldn't cost tens of millions any more, farming items would be the main thing to get money again instead of just waiting that vanity sets raise in price, and the nostalgia would be great.+1 this is a good idea.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Guanek
03-31-2019, 10:58 AM
Im in for this +1

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

CHAOSSS
03-31-2019, 11:10 AM
Be cool to have a few different server types.. In my opinion

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Snacking
03-31-2019, 12:03 PM
no
bad idea

Guanek
03-31-2019, 12:03 PM
no
bad ideai dont agree

Snacking
03-31-2019, 12:20 PM
i dont agree

You’re dumb

Guanek
03-31-2019, 12:21 PM
You’re dumbwell excuse our small iq enistein

Snacking
03-31-2019, 01:03 PM
well excuse our small iq enistein

This idea has actually been suggested many times in many different forms in the past. All with the same answer from one dev/mod to another, no. We simply just do not have enough of a player base as it is to do something as risky as boot up a new server. Do you have any idea how expensive that is? If you’re going to call me dumb atleast think.

xzLegendszx
03-31-2019, 01:18 PM
This idea has actually been suggested many times in many different forms in the past. All with the same answer from one dev/mod to another, no. We simply just do not have enough of a player base as it is to do something as risky as boot up a new server. Do you have any idea how expensive that is? If you’re going to call me dumb atleast think. We don't have a enough of a Player base? Yea you are true on that and it won't change we will just be a smaller and smaller community when years go by. Why not just give it a try anyways so new players have fun in the game and it will probably grow the Player base.

Eatmyshred
03-31-2019, 01:31 PM
Wouldn't work as well as you think it would. Servers are expensive to maintain. Everyone would scatter across these servers making pvp levels and such even more dead.

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

CHAOSSS
03-31-2019, 01:32 PM
Be cool to have a few different server types.. In my opinion

Sent from my moto e5 plus using TapatalkEdit my above statement..after deep thought.. Just keep game the way it is..one server only

XghostzX
03-31-2019, 01:39 PM
I would love a new server personally, but Cinco (among other forumers) have shut this idea down plenty of times already.

Eatmyshred
03-31-2019, 01:39 PM
Edit my above statement..after deep thought.. Just keep game the way it is..one server only

Sent from my moto e5 plus using TapatalkYep. Too much hassle and risk.

xzLegendszx
03-31-2019, 01:42 PM
PL will last for only 1 to 2 more years. Then it is over anyways.

Dolloway
03-31-2019, 01:46 PM
PL will last for only 1 to 2 more years. Then it is over anyways.

That's what people have said for the past 5+ years though.

xzLegendszx
03-31-2019, 01:55 PM
That's what people have said for the past 5+ years though.Do you really think that PL will have a huge Player base like in 2011? I can tell you it will never ever happen again. And after I looked up in PVE there are literally almost no rooms. 3 years ago it was a lot different.

Snacking
03-31-2019, 02:02 PM
This game isn’t pulling in enough money to risk dumping cash into an entirely new server. The reason I say risk is because what if it doesn’t bring in players?
Then it will just scatter the few players we have now across 2 servers, just being a huge setback for sts. I think that’s why cinco shuts the idea down every time it’s suggested.

This will never happen. Shouldn’t even be a discussion.

xzLegendszx
03-31-2019, 02:04 PM
This game isn’t pulling in enough money to risk dumping cash into an entirely new server. The reason I say risk is because what if it doesn’t bring in players?
Then it’s just a huge setback for sts. I think that’s why cinco shuts the idea down every time it’s suggested.

This will never happen. Shouldn’t even be a discussion.Yea it is a risk but you know that risk means it could end up bad or it ends up being a success. You are only seeing the bad part about it.

Snacking
03-31-2019, 02:05 PM
Yea it is a risk but you know that risk means it could end up bad or it ends up being a success. You are only seeing the bad part about it.

Bruh just get out
He’s already said no,, it wouldn’t work anyways.

Dolloway
03-31-2019, 02:11 PM
Do you really think that PL will have a huge Player base like in 2011? I can tell you it will never ever happen again. And after I looked up in PVE there are literally almost no rooms. 3 years ago it was a lot different.

When did I ever say that?
Just saying that people have said PL will be dead 'within the next year' for the past 5+ years and it hasn't happened.
The playerbase was actually trending upward from December 2016 up until enchantments (as well as other factors like inflation) probably sucked the life out of the game and turned a huge amount of players away.

The game can be fixed so we have another upward trend that resembles the end of 2016 to the beginning of 2018 instead of a decline in the playerbase, but it's on the devs to fix it. There is plenty of feedback and solutions provided on forums.

xzLegendszx
03-31-2019, 02:18 PM
Bruh just get out
He’s already said no,, it wouldn’t work anyways.Show ne the post then.

Eatmyshred
03-31-2019, 04:00 PM
Show ne the post then.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit TapatalkStop trying to be a smartass and just accept the fact it will never happen. The risk of it is not worth that 0.1% chance that this is good for the game, since it isn't.

burntoutdex
03-31-2019, 06:51 PM
Show ne the post then.

Real talk: love the nostalgia, but it would be an excessively bad business decision to split this beloved player base into multiple games.
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?416895-Pocket-Legends-Old-School

I and many others would drop everything to return to the 56cap. However, it isn't going to happen, and this is something we have been told time and time again.

Likewise, I have a few ideas as to how this could be implemented. However, i am not going to post about them when I know the answer will be a no.

3pc
03-31-2019, 06:56 PM
Cinco did say in one post he may remake Old based PL as a subscription game like 10$ a month or something. But i dont think he will go through with it because he is super busy and forums isnt as active as it used to be. People dont understand the more of the PL community we have on forums backing up ideas the more likely they will be followed through. Encourage your friends to make a forums acc and be active on it :)

andreasobst
03-31-2019, 07:25 PM
Cinco did say in one post he may remake Old based PL as a subscription game like 10$ a month or something. But i dont think he will go through with it because he is super busy and forums isnt as active as it used to be. People dont understand the more of the PL community we have on forums backing up ideas the more likely they will be followed through. Encourage your friends to make a forums acc and be active on it :)

I mean, it was just a suggestion, but yeah it most likely will never happen for sad.

The very best thing that Spacetime could do would be releasing PL 2 - a game with the same mechanics (item system, loot, cs, sets, simple press to cast skills) but up to date graphic and new lvl design. Maybe a bit in the direction of Arcane Legends as well.

That would be very succesful for sure.

PL1 is dying out more and more each year, I was shocked how few players were in towne or talking in guild chat. Like max half of what I experienced around last year st. patty and bday events. Tbh, after rethinking, I don't think it is stoppable.

Fwend
03-31-2019, 08:42 PM
We all do reminisce about the days back when PL was new and fresh and there was so many playing. But we have to accept those days are behind us. PL is on its 9th year and it has changed with its player base.

Many have suggested a reboot, a old school PL, PL 2, separate servers etc. Time and time again there is a genuine buzz around the concepts, but the ideas have been heard and the reality is STS have made it clear they hear us but can not commit to these ideas for various reasons.

I love your passion for the game and your desire for PL to be popular again with this suggestion. Keep the love going.

Buchmeister
03-31-2019, 11:25 PM
It's annoying how many times this has been suggested. No offense but the idea itself is terrible. It doesn't take into account the already small playerbase and the cost to run an entirely new server.

andreasobst
04-01-2019, 07:43 AM
I actually took the small playerbase in account, and as I stated, a second server would most like increase the playerbase a bit again by granting a fairer and easier start for new players.

As I also admitted above, this would most likely not be enough to revive the game again or even stop it from "dying".

I also did not think about that the cost side of a new server would be even a problem nowadays. (Tbh I was thinking that a big developer of many server sided games would have more than enough server capacities. Also, Pl is not a complicated game, so it shouldn't take much space or "server power". But who knows - I'll admit I'm definitly not an expert xD)

xzLegendszx
04-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Well then.

Buchmeister
04-01-2019, 12:55 PM
I actually took the small playerbase in account, and as I stated, a second server would most like increase the playerbase a bit again by granting a fairer and easier start for new players.

As I also admitted above, this would most likely not be enough to revive the game again or even stop it from "dying".

I also did not think about that the cost side of a new server would be even a problem nowadays. (Tbh I was thinking that a big developer of many server sided games would have more than enough server capacities. Also, Pl is not a complicated game, so it shouldn't take much space or "server power". But who knows - I'll admit I'm definitly not an expert xD)

Server space can be expensive and with the state of STS right now I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do something like this because it poises as too much of a risk. Concerning the small playerbase, you can't get 5 by dividing 4 in half my dude.

xzLegendszx
04-01-2019, 01:29 PM
Looks like you can close this Thread.

darkknightii
04-01-2019, 02:25 PM

Servers to purchase can cost a decent amount, however i would assume they have their games set up so they can run multiple access points per server, so in reality it shouldnt be expensive at all for them to potentially open a new one, especially since the pop is so low, meaning the servers arent consuming that many resources.

That being said though, as many have said STS is turning this idea down, likely due to the current decrease in players across the board, not only on PL. They are starting to work towards previously recommended solutions to better PL however.

CHAOSSS
04-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Im a noob to forum just realized this is PL not AL forum.. My bad.. Hopefully you all work out your server issue.. Good luck farming and stuff

Cinco
04-01-2019, 02:40 PM
I'd be much more excited about the prospect of making a new Legends game... when the time is right.