PDA

View Full Version : My ideas as requested by Javi

Lowlyspy
12-04-2011, 08:10 PM
In my thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44545-Spacetime-we-gotta-talk javier suggested i throw my ideas into the lions cage to be chewed up and mulled over. Here they are.

All my ideas are for possible endgame campaigns or early game campaigns that could be added as elite dungeons (like the sand caves):

1. Roman or Greek Campaign- You all remember how mythology made its debut in PL in the Alien Oasis trilogy. Alien Oasis is regarded as the highlight of design in STS's career by many forumers and ingame players alike. Why not bring mythology back into the fray? I know i love it, especially ancient greek and roman theology. Think about it, white marble columns throughout the map, an open light colored surrounding area, weapons and armors to go with the history behind it: spatha's, ridiculously long spears (such as the ones used in the greek Phalanx), man skirts! And of course we cant forget the mobs, something simple but doable could be Satyrs that have had one too many glasses of wine. Examples of bosses could be the Minotaur (not vinny taur recycled from the Dark Forest campaign), Dionysus (greek god of wine for those of you who are mythologically impaired) to match the drunken satyrs! Im certain you can see where im going with this.

2. Submarine Campaign- Think, all seems to be well in Alterra, the Overlord has been probed, the Sewers cleansed, all life above the waves has been calmed. But below all kinds of crap has gone down! The dreaded Fish Spawn have taken control of the undersea kingdom of Aquaria! To answer the call our brave soldiers don a set of gills provided by the local towne crier to quell the situation. In our struggle we find allies among the wreckage, a spunky fish known as terry tuna, and even an enemy unit turned friend, Seymore the Catfish. In order to better fight these new adversaries we arm ourselves with all kinds of wacky apparel, Swordfish, Flying Fish Talons, Electric Eel Staffs, anything you can think an underwater warrior could need, they've got.

3. Heavenly Campaign- Hallelujah Hallelujah, these are the sounds that used to be heard before the dastardly monsters took over the hallowed grounds of Eden! The angelic monasteries have all but stomped into dust and help is direly needed. And to make matters worse, some of the Heavenly Royal Guard have betrayed their fellow people and joined the Devil's Army! Now into the technical side of the possible campaign. There are already wings that can be given to the angelic warrior mobs, the ones on the premium archer gear. This campaign does give me the greatest amount of trouble with thinking up gear that can be used however.

Let me know what you guys think of these possible campaigns.

Cascade
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Ok, I gotta say that...I LOVE the Greek/Roman idea. (Percy Jackson fan) It would be awesome IF the devs made all new items, yes, even the lower rarity ones like they did with the AO trilogy.

helpguy
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Hmm lowly i love the ideas and I believe romus and remulas in dark forest town are Greek mythology to? Correct if wrong not completely sure

Lowlyspy
12-04-2011, 08:18 PM
yes they are help. That actually might make a decent way to tie the roman/greek campaign in as an elite campaign for that level.

EDIT: well technically Remus and Romulus are roman mythology, i believe there is a greek equivalent of the two of them tho.

Kaytar
12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
What about a blackstar portal?? Where PL players get sucked up to blackstar to help in the fight for intergalactic peace! :D

Cascade
12-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Ok, brilliant idea. Greek/Roman campaign.-Lord Zues has sent you to make peacr between the warring Greek and Roman camps. You could face gods that have become traitors.

Ah...inspiration is tingling at my fingertips.

Lowlyspy
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
What about a blackstar portal?? Where PL players get sucked up to blackstar to help in the fight for intergalactic peace! :D
Idk about that, I think it would actually get kinda tacky for that to happen :\

Veoveoveo
12-04-2011, 08:23 PM
In my thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44545-Spacetime-we-gotta-talk javier suggested i throw my ideas into the lions cage to be chewed up and mulled over. Here they are.

All my ideas are for possible endgame campaigns or early game campaigns that could be added as elite dungeons (like the sand caves):

1. Roman or Greek Campaign- You all remember how mythology made its debut in PL in the Alien Oasis trilogy. Alien Oasis is regarded as the highlight of design in STS's career by many forumers and ingame players alike. Why not bring mythology back into the fray? I know i love it, especially ancient greek and roman theology. Think about it, white marble columns throughout the map, an open light colored surrounding area, weapons and armors to go with the history behind it: spatha's, ridiculously long spears (such as the ones used in the greek Phalanx), man skirts! And of course we cant forget the mobs, something simple but doable could be Satyrs that have had one too many glasses of wine. Examples of bosses could be the Minotaur (not vinny taur recycled from the Dark Forest campaign), Dionysus (greek god of wine for those of you who are mythologically impaired) to match the drunken satyrs! Im certain you can see where im going with this.

2. Submarine Campaign- Think, all seems to be well in Alterra, the Overlord has been probed, the Sewers cleansed, all life above the waves has been calmed. But below all kinds of crap has gone down! The dreaded Fish Spawn have taken control of the undersea kingdom of Aquaria! To answer the call our brave soldiers don a set of gills provided by the local towne crier to quell the situation. In our struggle we find allies among the wreckage, a spunky fish known as terry tuna, and even an enemy unit turned friend, Seymore the Catfish. In order to better fight these new adversaries we arm ourselves with all kinds of wacky apparel, Swordfish, Flying Fish Talons, Electric Eel Staffs, anything you can think an underwater warrior could need, they've got.

3. Heavenly Campaign- Hallelujah Hallelujah, these are the sounds that used to be heard before the dastardly monsters took over the hallowed grounds of Eden! The angelic monasteries have all but stomped into dust and help is direly needed. And to make matters worse, some of the Heavenly Royal Guard have betrayed their fellow people and joined the Devil's Army! Now into the technical side of the possible campaign. There are already wings that can be given to the angelic warrior mobs, the ones on the premium archer gear. This campaign does give me the greatest amount of trouble with thinking up gear that can be used however.

Let me know what you guys think of these possible campaigns.

Yes! I would LOVE a Greek Mythology campaign! Bears could have poseidon's trident, mages have Zeus's bolt, and birds can have...I'm not sure lol. Drunk satyrs? Awesome!

Underwater campaign would be awesome! :)

Last one would be awesome! ;)

These ideas are really awesome!

(I'm Percy Jackson fan too :))

helpguy
12-04-2011, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=Kaytar:502229]What about a blackstar portal?? Where PL players get sucked up to blackstar to help in the fight for intergalactic peace! :D
Idk about that, I think it would actually get kinda tacky for that to happen :\[/QUOTE

Meh it would be cool but yea kinda tacky seems like it wouldn't last very long

Mastercon
12-04-2011, 08:33 PM
OMG HECK YEAH! For the underwater one, our players wouldn't walk around, we would swim in the water, fighting enemies that way!
:D

javier995
12-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Awesome ideas! Who's Javier tho? Lol;)

*Thumbs Up*
Awesome Idea!!
Omg I can just imagine it
http://dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dragonquest9_characterart.jpg
Idk how to make this image show lol

Before the link put (IMG) and then after it put (/IMG) replace the () with [ ].

Also when you go to the picture to get the direct link, get the one that says image instead. All you have to do is post it, putting into the image format is already done.

There's the pic btw.

Lowlyspy
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
OMG is that tien with wings?!

javier995
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
OMG is that tien with wings?!

Looks like it lol. No third eye tho.

Elyseon
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Great ideas, was thinking of a sea or beach one myself as well xD
Great minds think alike lol

javier995
12-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Great ideas, was thinking of a sea or beach one myself as well xD
Great minds think alike lol

First lvl can be the beach, you fight your way yo the submarine. Once you kill the boss, it could say "Danger: Animals will be killed if they're seen in here" and you can have the choice to enter or leave back to town or something. Just my $0.02

kallima
12-05-2011, 04:27 AM
My bear wants a trident!!!! Poseidon's reward for saving his domain!

My mage wants an uber lightning bolt (i know we have lightning wands/staffs already) preferably a high voltage output for damage lighting up the enemies before they dis integrate to ashes! Zeus's gift to us for saving his domain!

Or something like that but mythology is still very relevant today. Prometheus released recently (i think) The Percy Jackson book series. I mean STS is riding the vamp bandwagon with DL so why not add some fresh content that is still in mainstream entertainment/media!!

Thumbs up Lowly!!!

Cahaun
12-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Need to find out why the majical barriers have started to collapse around Alterra and evil warlords are starting to attack! I still remember the main story. :p
Good ideas! I was thinking of an underwater one for a while.

Elf-Orc-Naga
12-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Great! Pls add "the samurai temple dungeon" :)

XghostzX
12-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Nice ideas! These would be great if they were listened to by STS. :)

schoolboyy
12-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Ok, I gotta say that...I LOVE the Greek/Roman idea. (Percy Jackson fan) It would be awesome IF the devs made all new items, yes, even the lower rarity ones like they did with the AO trilogy.

lol me too

Dark Avenger
12-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Ok awesome ideas bro. Love em and hope to see them in the future

Lowlyspy
12-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Great! Pls add "the samurai temple dungeon" :) just a samurai dungeon would leave us with very limited types of weaponry since the traditional samurai weapon is the katana. Possibly a feudal japan campaign would be good tho.

StompArtist
12-05-2011, 02:16 PM
just a samurai dungeon would leave us with very limited types of weaponry since the traditional samurai weapon is the katana. Possibly a feudal japan campaign would be good tho.

Feudal Japan with Squirrel Ninjas would rock!

Skeletonlord
12-05-2011, 02:17 PM
The submarine idea sounds awesome! Some really excelent ideas here! Wicked!

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
why dont they just make a campaign where you can fight all the bosses from pl.it would randomly spawn a boss(not a particular one) in each room.(it would be for the cap and elite lvls)

Lowlyspy
12-05-2011, 05:35 PM
why dont they just make a campaign where you can fight all the bosses from pl.it would randomly spawn a boss(not a particular one) in each room.(it would be for the cap and elite lvls)that might be an interesting survival minigame (if they are ever added).

Fyrce
12-05-2011, 06:13 PM
These might be great ideas, but they might be difficult (impossible) to implement with the existing game in today's current mobile device environment. Especially if STS wants to keep including the slow/low memory devices.

So I thought one way to get this done would be to break this game in two: a level 1-50 game (the current one), then a level 51-100 game, with all new maps and textures and campaigns, just like everyone wants.

Of course, once your character goes to the level 51 server, you cannot come back to the lower level server. I'm not sure if that means a division like PL vs SL. And about plat carryover, if any.

But the players that complain about new campaign content now would get their new campaign content and they will live happily ever after.