PDA

View Full Version : the good the bad and the ugly

goon
12-05-2011, 03:38 AM
the good cap raise will come soon and we all excited. the bad pvp beta stats might get deleated and im #1 for pvp deaths (texasgoon).the ugly havent got my plat i really need i believe it was 800 total and i hope it comes soon

Xaphan Fox
12-05-2011, 02:14 PM
You're number one deaths cause you've been letting a certain *cough* person spam kill you so they can be in top ranks of pvp killers...

The way pvp was intended right? Right?

It isn't bad if it's what you intended.

LelouchX
12-05-2011, 02:31 PM
You're number one deaths cause you've been letting a certain *cough* person spam kill you so they can be in top ranks of pvp killers...

The way pvp was intended right? Right?

It isn't bad if it's what you intended.
hmmmm, actually, he intended to be number one for PvP deaths, he wasn't trying to get any one person to be the highest PvP killer. anyone can stand around PvP and wait for people to kill them ya know.

goon
12-05-2011, 03:42 PM
yea thanks newt

Beanmachine
12-05-2011, 07:28 PM
No offense but it's really annoying having you on a team because I know you're capable of, but you don't do any tanking or damage. Basically it's like your invisible to the team being outnumbered...

Just my 2 cents.

Liathea
12-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Never quite understood what prestige there is to be had from being on the LB for deaths. To me, all it means is that you're a really crappy player, lol. Or is it that any LB spot is better than no LB spot?

ninjaduck
12-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Never quite understood what prestige there is to be had from being on the LB for deaths. To me, all it means is that you're a really crappy player, lol. Or is it that any LB spot is better than no LB spot?

Good point! I see it as a visibility thing you know, to be seen be many or somthing...

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 07:51 PM
It's a pointless stat. Nothing to get upset about guys. If he/she want's to be know for dying the most in PvP, let them. At least they tell us so we can avoid being on his/her team.

Liathea
12-05-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm not ragging on them for wanting to have the most deaths, I'm just honestly curious as to why Most Deaths would be the goal you'd choose to go for.

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm not ragging on them for wanting to have the most deaths, I'm just honestly curious as to why Most Deaths would be the goal you'd choose to go for.

I'm trying to have an open perspective on things. If they choose to spend their time doing this is it preventing you from enjoying the game?

Liathea
12-05-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm trying to have an open perspective on things. If they choose to spend their time doing this is it preventing you from enjoying the game?

I was not aware it was wrong to be curious about something and ask for a little information/someone's viewpoint on something. I am in no way saying that it's wrong or stupid -- I'm just asking why someone would want this.

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I was not aware it was wrong to be curious about something and ask for a little information/someone's viewpoint on something. I am in no way saying that it's wrong or stupid -- I'm just asking why someone would want this.
I can see you're passionate about this so I will leave you be. I was not trying to make you look bad. Was only suggesting you not worry about it as I don't see how it affects you and the way you would play the game.

Beanmachine
12-05-2011, 08:28 PM

Some people just like being on the LB regardless of what category it is. Hope it helped!:/

Zeus
12-05-2011, 08:30 PM
To me, somebody who wants to be on the death leaderboards is hardcore. Why? It's a lot harder to get deaths than it is to kill. Even if you do boost.

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 08:42 PM
To me, somebody who wants to be on the death leaderboards is hardcore. Why? It's a lot harder to get deaths than it is to kill. Even if you do boost.
I would have to disagree. In PvP it is much easier to die than it is to kill. PVE I would agree.

Zeus
12-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I would have to disagree. In PvP it is much easier to die than it is to kill. PVE I would agree.

Hmm, now that I think about it, you could be right. I was thinking through a different approach, but you could get 3 people to repeatedly team up on you, I guess, then it would definitely be faster than gaining a kill.

Dudjdj
12-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Why is pvp going to get deleted and being on LB im guess might be someones dream in a mmorpg

Samhayne
12-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Why is pvp going to get deleted and being on LB im guess might be someones dream in a mmorpg

Not sure where the rumor got started, but we don't currently have plans to delete leaderboard stats. Have fun!

BodMaster
12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Not sure where the rumor got started, but we don't currently have plans to delete leaderboard stats. Have fun!

Do you mind me asking why this is so Sam?

Isn't any Beta version meant for testing and tweaking? Rather than how to get the most out of the Beta as you can? Just wondering why this has been called 'Beta' if this is how its going to stay.

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Do you mind me asking why this is so Sam?

Isn't any Beta version meant for testing and tweaking? Rather than how to get the most out of the Beta as you can? Just wondering why this has been called 'Beta' if this is how its going to stay.

This is what I was going to ask but could not figure out how to word it. If the over all consensus is that there are things that will be changed and also put in place to prevent people from taking advantage of other players. Does that not some what imply that what ever stats are accumulated during this " testing " period should be reset once the final product is then put out?

Vladrac
12-05-2011, 10:02 PM
I believe Sam is simply starting that the OP's information regarding leaderboard reset is false because there has been no official announcement or even a hint that STS has plans to do this. Sam's statement also doesn't mean the leaderboards won't reset, either. Just a statement deflating any false rumors.

Silentarrow
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM

*looks at my k/d...*. Dang it! ;)

BodMaster
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
This is what I was going to ask but could not figure out how to word it. If the over all consensus is that there are things that will be changed and also put in place to prevent people from taking advantage of other players. Does that not some what imply that what ever stats are accumulated during this " testing " period should be reset once the final product is then put out?

Exactly what I was getting at buddy!

(Didn't want to type to much out as its 3am here and I've been known to post a load of gobldy glook that dont make any sense when tired :p)

LelouchX
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Exactly what I was getting at buddy!

(Didn't want to type to much out as its 3am here and I've been known to post a load of gobldy glook that dont make any sense when tired :p)
+1, i suffer from same symptoms, usually much before 3am tho...... i'm avaoid PvP bc my main is my engi, and i refuse to have my stats completely fudged by the massive engi glitches in the process of being fixed. maybe i should go kill some engis on my op....

BodMaster
12-07-2011, 09:41 AM
+1, i'm avaoid PvP bc my main is my engi, and i refuse to have my stats completely fudged by the massive engi glitches in the process of being fixed. maybe i should go kill some engis on my op....

Yup, another reason to show that this should be reset. Its Beta. (That should be a good enough reason)