PDA

View Full Version : Unusual name

Eatmyshred
04-05-2019, 04:23 AM
Why does this guy's name have a special character in it? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190405/708af4d203d55dc0d6e254898611e7f8.jpg

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

burntoutdex
04-05-2019, 05:04 AM
Very early on there used to be separate servers for both android & iOS. Naturally, people on both servers wanted the 'og' names such as 'kite' & 'love,' for example. When the servers were merged over there wouldn't have been a way to have 2 people with the same name so they just added '-fnord' to the end of the android player's names. I would assume 'fnord' was the name of the server but i am unsure, i had iOS back then.

There have also been cases where support has given players special names for some reason. Examples off the top of my head are 'ed' & 'vohcab3.'

Hope that helps :)

Eatmyshred
04-05-2019, 05:55 AM
Very early on there used to be separate servers for both android & iOS. Naturally, people on both servers wanted the 'og' names such as 'kite' & 'love,' for example. When the servers were merged over there wouldn't have been a way to have 2 people with the same name so they just added '-fnord' to the end of the android player's names. I would assume 'fnord' was the name of the server but i am unsure, i had iOS back then.

There have also been cases where support has given players special names for some reason. Examples off the top of my head are 'ed' & 'vohcab3.'

Hope that helps :)Ah I see. Ty [emoji846]

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk