PDA

View Full Version : Fix.... Fester... Outpost.

Encryptions
04-07-2019, 10:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-iR4eNNMAc

I am tired of this place being such an unbalanced pvp fighting arena. Pots making rogs invincible, people jumping in and out of arena still being able to attack people in the arena while they are not even in it.

Just remove pots and add some combat timer that activates as soon as you enter arena.
If you enter then a message will pop up saying "You are in combat, you may not leave the arena until this timer is off."
The timer lasts 5 seconds, you must not be damaged or have damaged another player for 5 seconds in order for the timer to go down.
What the combat effect does is makes it where you can not leave the arena. Check out my video to see what I am talking about in regards to my post.

Idly
04-07-2019, 11:30 PM
-1 Festerfang outpost is intended to be a fun for all, drama free, rule free PvP area. Everybody dies, everybody can kill. No need for any change imo.

Idly
04-07-2019, 11:41 PM
Just watched the video after my first comment in case I was missing something.

What your looking for is a place to show how op you are without all the casual aspects associated with a fun orientated PvP zone. Fortunately such maps already exist in the form of TDM, CTF and FFA.

Please refrain from attempting to add rules to casual areas of the game for your own benefit (I believe this is your second thread regarding fester mechanics) unless it were something that some/all of the community would agree to being beneficial/wanted.

Devs are getting so good at fixing things they could accidentally break most players favourite PvP area because you don't like it :D

Encryptions
04-07-2019, 11:56 PM
Just come to outpost and try to kill someone. It won't let you because they hop in arena for .2 seconds and jump out then spam ranged attacks at you.

Idly
04-08-2019, 12:21 AM
I get the frustration, I'm mage with 6/6 mire and ebon... 90% of the time I get one shotted before I can even charge shield, and then its only seconds until the 14 snipe rogs kill me but it doesn't affect my kdr, and I don't have to play there :/

Flamesofanger
04-08-2019, 12:55 AM
Yes, i know it can be frustrating sometimes, trust me. But i suggest if you ever decide entering the Festerfang Brawl Arena, just go to the top of the arena.

It'll be harder for the snipers to approach you, i think Festerfang Arena's build is Perfect The way it is. It doesn't affect your KDR at all, better leave potions as it is.

Potion usage in the Brawl Arena is a good gold sink, Make's people want to visit Potion vendors more frequently.

Leave all the chaos, rules, frustration and miserable bordem to TDM/CTF/FFA, it's those PvP zones problems to deal with. I care less of those zones.

I and many other leaders and legends have fun in other zones. ;) :love_heart::love_heart:

Remiem
04-08-2019, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll definitely be following this thread for more feedback.

PatD
04-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Only thing that would make me go there more often is to add back the ultimate, at least almost anyone where able to have there 10-15 seconds of glory!!!

Please bring back the ultimate in Festerfang outpost!!!!

:excitement::excitement::excitement::excitement:

Susanne
04-08-2019, 08:13 AM
I don't PvP and most people know that now..but I still like to go to Festerfang and watch.
I have to agree with the others who said leave it alone. People have fun in there from what I have observed. You get the minority who bring personal stuff but they are in the minority. I've seen players actually apologize to each other..true!
The reason I don't fight anyone is because I'm rubbish at it and get embarrassed easily. 😳.
P.S. I can't bear to see mages die. They look so cute. Try not to kill the mages please. 😔

slaaayerrr
04-08-2019, 08:23 AM
just remove that arena from ff outpost, and let people play regular pvp

Snowdager
04-08-2019, 08:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-iR4eNNMAc

I am tired of this place being such an unbalanced pvp fighting arena. Pots making rogs invincible, people jumping in and out of arena still being able to attack people in the arena while they are not even in it.

Just remove pots and add some combat timer that activates as soon as you enter arena.
If you enter then a message will pop up saying "You are in combat, you may not leave the arena until this timer is off."
The timer lasts 5 seconds, you must not be damaged or have damaged another player for 5 seconds in order for the timer to go down.
What the combat effect does is makes it where you can not leave the arena. Check out my video to see what I am talking about in regards to my post.

+1000 almost all of the people I know have asked for this as well.

Yes fester arena does need to be fixed. It’s absolutely absurd, rogues (not all) stand around the edge of the arena and walk in, then run back out and fire aimed shot, it’s absurd. I think this could be fixed by:

1. Make skills unusable immediately after the toon exits the arena, which will eliminate that problem all together, and nobody should have a problem with this unless they are the ones sniping in the first place.

2. Make any “attack” unable to pass through the barrier. This way even if someone runs in and then back out and uses a skill, it will stop at the barrier.

Also removing pots would be a good idea, it makes the arena so inaccurate as to who is actually better, the arena is basically “who can spam pots and skills faster” and that’s basically how the winner is decided... the arena is definitely broken and needs work.

Gangsster
04-08-2019, 08:57 AM
Well it is supposed to be a fun area, why must everything be so competitive when there’s 2 tdm,ctf,ffa and even battleground...

Sιя Λσι Jя
04-08-2019, 09:11 AM
-1 Less Drama the map inself is just for fun,there're PvP maps that actually gave PvP Kills.

Who is going to spend 1hr playing in outpost and getting irritated,who :).

Encryptions
04-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Tdm is empty, FFA is empty. When TDM is full people tell me they will report me if I don't leave or they are busy farming pvp kills for aps. Aka dummy farming.

Idly
04-08-2019, 09:44 AM
A solution to please all parties?

Festerfang outpost - remains as is

Festerfang outpost elite - follows all PvP rules, pots disabled, once you enter the arena you cannot leave unless dead or zoning.

I know towns are the same in normal and elite mode but surely possible to add elite town with separate mechanics?

Perceval
04-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Just remove it lol...it makes the actual PvP more dead than it is (which is literally going into negative values xD).

Don't hate the truth xD

Cinco
04-08-2019, 11:57 AM
It will stay as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatD
04-08-2019, 12:04 PM
It will stay as it is.

It will stay as it (was)? With ultimate :)))) i was really enjoying there at first when we where able to use utimate :)))

or maybe some happy hours with it? or one day with and next day without?

Flamesofanger
04-08-2019, 12:26 PM
It will stay as it is.

Thank you Cinco :)

Guys, Festerfang Arena does not affect your KDR. Please do not drag everyone into this. If you want competition go to CTF/TDM/FFA.

Fyrce
04-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Haha people super funny.

<list of zones that are empty> so let's make FF Arena empty too! Woohoo!

"Other people must not have fun! Them having fun in a different way than me is evil! Evil!"

Marcoss
04-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Stip crying. If you Don't cry just don't step on fester arena. Case closed