PDA

View Full Version : please keep new elixirs!!

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I know MANY of you don't like the new elixirs,but can i show you why they are good and bad before you criticize anymore?

First:
GUILD REASONS
Good:
Guilds can now have more guild runs, becuz all a guildie has to do is get a few free offers done and get some plat.A guild can do a run for low levels or in between.Say i am lvling in mt fang, then gm has guild run in crush the keeper i can buy elixir to lvl there and help my fellow low guild members.
Bad:
a guild member that is really low, could join me in mt fang and the group would have to work extra hard to protect him/her if there is no host to boot him.
Second:
FASTER LVLING
Good:Normal players can go to somewhere like balefort castle and make fast kills and get exp faster.(a friend did this and went from lvl 50 to 53 in an hr.
Bad:Players with bots can continuously do this for hours and lvl up alot.
(i have more reasons and will post them soon)

StompArtist
12-05-2011, 04:52 PM
They are going to stay but at 5 plat instead of 1 plat. Thank you to the complainers. :D

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 04:56 PM
They are going to stay but at 5 plat instead of 1 plat. Thank you to the complainers. :D
that suks, why did they have to complain,1plat was perfectly fine

FluffNStuff
12-05-2011, 05:15 PM

THANK YOU STS for this wonderful elixir, and your raising the price is in no way an insanely awful way to deal with lazy coding that linked XP to kill count. Raising the price on players that want to use them for a fun alternative is spot on the absolute best way to preserve the integrity of leader board! If I promise to immediately buy all the elixirs I can, will you consider holding off on raising it to 10 plat for at least a week?

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 05:17 PM
THANK YOU STS for this wonderful elixir, and your raising the price is in no way an insanely awful way to deal with lazy coding that linked XP to kill count. Raising the price on players that want to use them for a fun alternative is spot on the absolute best way to preserve the integrity of leader board! If I promise to immediately buy all the elixirs I can, will you consider holding off on raising it to 10 plat for at least a week?10 plat! i cant even aford 5 plat now, i never even used the elixir in pl and they raise price.

FluffNStuff
12-05-2011, 05:23 PM
10 plat! i cant even aford 5 plat now, i never even used the elixir in pl and they raise price.
They are making it 5 plat ... BUT ... I am sure it will go up if we complain.

noobmigo
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Sorry, I hate to be the devil's advocate right now...but here is the main reason why it's bad. It's just like powerleveling.
When you can just level solo in Hidden Passage all day long, there is just spam involved.

I mean, perhaps it'd be better if it offered 1/10 XP, or maybe 1/2, something like that. That's my solution, probably a bad one though.

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Sorry, I hate to be the devil's advocate right now...but here is the main reason why it's bad. It's just like powerleveling.
When you can just level solo in Hidden Passage all day long, there is just spam involved.

I mean, perhaps it'd be better if it offered 1/10 XP, or maybe 1/2, something like that. That's my solution, probably a bad one though.but there are more uses to it than pwrleveling,i have many more reasons(im too lazy tp type them now,becuz im working on hmwrk at same time.

FluffNStuff
12-05-2011, 05:33 PM

I mean, perhaps it'd be better if it offered 1/10 XP, or maybe 1/2, something like that. That's my solution, probably a bad one though.

In order to 'spam solo' hidden passage all day, you at least have to level regularly to get to a point where you can solo there.

Gaddy
12-05-2011, 05:35 PM
They are making it 5 plat ... BUT ... I am sure it will go up if we complain.
http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/7/11/12/enhanced-buzz-5824-1310401115-13.jpg and I agree with you!

noobmigo
12-05-2011, 05:35 PM
In order to 'spam solo' hidden passage all day, you at least have to level regularly to get to a point where you can solo there.

Which is where power leveling from higher levels comes in...

I am really strongly against this elixir, so I am insanely biased, but...

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Which is where power leveling from higher levels comes in...

I am really strongly against this elixir, so I am insanely biased, but...you know why most people hate elixir?(Not particularly you) becuz they didnt have this when they were low levels or when they were too low for a cool new campaign

Gaddy
12-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes, raising the price is a bad solution to a non-problem...

Please raise the price on every elixir accordingly, because everyonr who has ever used a x4 pot, is also just as tainted by the horrible horrible spectre of "power-leveling". This pot is no different, except for who benefits by it (lower level players).

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 05:42 PM
it also benefits higher lvls who want to farm in low places

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 05:43 PM
elixirs in general can be counted as pwrleveling, so u cant just put one elixir under pwrleveling categories

Ellyidol
12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
THANK YOU STS for this wonderful elixir, and your raising the price is in no way an insanely awful way to deal with lazy coding that linked XP to kill count. Raising the price on players that want to use them for a fun alternative is spot on the absolute best way to preserve the integrity of leader board! If I promise to immediately buy all the elixirs I can, will you consider holding off on raising it to 10 plat for at least a week?

Sometimes sarcasm is the most effective way to get the point across. Touché.

In all seriousness, from 1 to 5 plat is bordering outrageous in my book. A five time increase? An hour of this new price costs more than a Thrasher. This price may effectively turn the usefulness of it from 10 to 0, IMO.

Personally, spending 60 plat an hour just to play with a friend in a campaign where either he or I will be plowing through isn't worth it. I'd rather spend the 40 plat for a Thrasher and do something else myself.

Again, 60 plat? That's a full hour of Thrasher + half an hour of the new luck elixir versus an hour of "power-leveling" without the use of any XP modifiers - which may be slower than leveling up normally.

noobmigo
12-05-2011, 05:46 PM
elixirs in general can be counted as pwrleveling, so u cant just put one elixir under pwrleveling categories

Haha, yeah, true, but this takes it back to the Mynas Gen, kinda.

When you use elixirs with a group your level, that SHOULD be fine, because the bosses are hard enough that you can't have a weak link who just spams and doesn't know the strategy to kill the boss, even WITH an elixir.

But when you allow low levels to power level in higher places again, like in Tombs of Mynas, and you ACTUALLY allow higher levels to earn xp against mobs that level 10s should be facing, that's really, really abusable.

Cowgirl
12-05-2011, 05:47 PM
If you can't solo ONE mob in a particular dungeon.. you probablyyy shouldn't be there.

FluffNStuff
12-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Haha, yeah, true, but this takes it back to the Mynas Gen, kinda.

When you use elixirs with a group your level, that SHOULD be fine, because the bosses are hard enough that you can't have a weak link who just spams and doesn't know the strategy to kill the boss, even WITH an elixir.

But when you allow low levels to power level in higher places again, like in Tombs of Mynas, and you ACTUALLY allow higher levels to earn xp against mobs that level 10s should be facing, that's really, really abusable.

Are you against the 'low players in high dungeons' or the 'high players gaining xp in low dungeons?

noobmigo
12-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Are you against the 'low players in high dungeons' or the 'high players gaining xp in low dungeons?

Both.
But 60% against the high - low, not really caring about low - high, as I see how it can be good, but also bad at the same time.

Yvonnel
12-05-2011, 05:51 PM
At 5 plat, there isn't any incentive to use that elixir anymore. Oh well back to Mt. Fang.

Man was I enjoying gaining xo while farming gear in SSC for my twink.

Don't guess I'll be taking my 35 to plasma pyramid for any fun either.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Elixirs are not the problem...xp-anywhere is a "normal" thing in mmo's, that's not the issue, the issue is on the linearity of xp system which is greatly exposed by the new elixirs. Too lazy to re -explain so I'll just leave it at that. Again, STS rushes something, short-term...if I can compare PL to a plane metaphorically, PL's launch was ok, take off was ok, ascending is a little turbulent which is not that bad but then when you take a look at the cockpit, the pilots are sleeping...XD. The only reason this game gets the award is because nobody else in mobile industry is paying attention, you know why, because they're all in console and PC gaming, most of these game apps are made by bum programmers so the competition isn't really that high, just saying, this "rush" mode by STS is caused by this hype but I want to let you guys back there in STS know that not all of your players "yes" men and that includes me. In fact, I'll play just to watch this game go down the drain. Wake up! These PL players are slowly losing their love goggles and focusing on the game's fundamentals now similar to when you first met your first gf and you just found her so perfect the first few months then eventually everything cute about her turns to "not" cute...parellel comparison, people are now on that realization state where they see the flaws of the game more (when it was in fact there from the start). XP anywhere, again, should have been there from the start, why? Because every other mmo does it and guess what, it works...so people who are complaining xp elixirs now should be removed etc may not have played any decent mmo ever in their gaming lives, hello? that's a tried and tested formula in mmo's now? what's your problem? Classic case of looking at the solution to the wrong problem. This is my read, STS is losing money, why? because hardcore gamers put life into an mmo not casual, PL doesn't have anything to offer to hardcore players except convenience which is not PL's achievement, it's apple's or android. Thank you.

Gaddy
12-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Wwll, it hasn't happened yet, soo...

FluffNStuff
12-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Wwll, it hasn't happened yet, soo...

I just bought some more plat when this came out, and now I realize won't be needing it soon, so I will be in the Forbidden Crypt wrestling with Vyx tonight till I burn off the plat or they raise the price. Anyone should feel free to join me.

Gaddy
12-05-2011, 06:06 PM
...I also love how the initial RAGE about these elixirs, power-levelin, kill count farming, etc. has bizarrely morphed into some sort of argument that the devs are lazy money hungry bums who recycle content and turn a blind eye towards abuse when they can make a buck off of it...

Before anyone cries that THEY NEVER SAID THAT, Realize that while you have not, I HAVE seen several posts that say exactly that, even if they are not yours.

It makes me sad, it does...

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 06:34 PM
No need for Elixirs if they fix xp system...(maybe they're not fixing it so they can retain elixirs)...all you have to do is look at your final fantasies, elder scrolls, your world of warcrafts, your eve onlines, your runescapes, your ragnarok onlines, your guildwars 1 and 2, your darkfalls, champions online...i mean...it's out there, these level up systems are already proven, they can learn a thing or two from them...these guys never had issues similar to PL as far as leveling up and elixirs and stuff like that, most of their issues were thirst of players for new content which is ok since we're actually talkin about moving forward, here in PL, it's like...we never moved forward, just aesthetically develop but still always go back to the fundamentals...it's like a boxer, you can't expect to be world champ without fundamentals...PL doesn't have fundamentals, the xp system is broken that's why elixirs are "not" flying that well now, it's exposed and people think the elixirs are the problem when it's not, it's the xp system, xp-anywhere has been there from the beginning of mmo's and has worked in the past...why not in PL? that's right, because xp system is broken...anyway, thanks.

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 06:39 PM
the main reason i made this thread was to stop those complainers from complaining about new elixirs

CrimsonTider
12-05-2011, 06:43 PM
I have used my ability to thank peole so I shall say two things:

1. As Elly, Fluff, and Y have stated: 5 plat = zero usefullness.

2. Powerleveling will always exist whether we have this elixir or not. I have seen 66's with 2-5k kills and that was a week ago. This elixir neither increased nor decreased the amount of powerleveling.

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I have used my ability to thank peole so I shall say two things:

1. As Elly, Fluff, and Y have stated: 5 plat = zero usefullness.

2. Powerleveling will always exist whether we have this elixir or not. I have seen 66's with 2-5k kills and that was a week ago. This elixir neither increased nor decreased the amount of powerleveling.exactly, but the price of elixirs went up to 5plat,which really sucks.

FluffNStuff
12-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Just went up with the update. I think I should break for a while before I get myself banned.

Whirlzap
12-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Sucks? It's better than breaking the whole game.
You do understand 75% of the PL community hates this elixir?
Posting about how you like it won't help you much.

Yvonnel
12-05-2011, 07:29 PM

You better talk to somemore people. Most people I know liked the varity the elixir allowed.

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 07:43 PM
You better talk to somemore people. Most people I know liked the varity the elixir allowed.

This is something simple that even a non developer can understand, why don't they create and do an actual "poll" in a sample size of say 10,000 players ( you claim you have millions, so 10,000 is actually very small ) I'm sure as devlepoers they can find it easy to distribute and require players' feedbacks...now the result, they post in this website for everybody to see. Now wouldn't that be a lot easier? Rather than ey my friends said this, no no no, my friends said this...no no no, my friends did this...bla bla bla. I'm not sure if I'm just too lazy to search, but I haven't seen an "official" poll that caused the changes in the game. Which leads me to believe that STS do not listen to their players...otherwise, this poll is a given and they would proud to show it. Common sense.

Swimmingstar
12-05-2011, 07:54 PM
I should just say remove elixir if you are going to raise price. The people who thrasher with it can probably still afford 5 or 10 plat. Just make price stay at 1 or remove. If you make it more, many people may not understand the reason and will argue that you (STS) are just trying to make more money. Not like the old STS. In fact, that's already happened. We don't need it to spread. We want happier players.

Onaraasider
12-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Posting about how you like it won't help you much.75%,more like 35%.Youd do understand that the most active forum users were the main ones who dislike the elxirs?

StompArtist
12-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Just went up with the update. I think I should break for a while before I get myself banned.

Yup. You and me both, bro.

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I think the guy overshot the 75%, maybe he was referring to his actual in-game friends, but you gotta respect that. Now, to mediate or to be objective, some sort of official poll must be done, I mean...in my case, 80% of my friends in-game loves elixirs if only they could afford it...but they couldn't. The other 20% are just casual gamers and don't really care much about whatever happens to them in game. My contribution is not really significant because I'm not really friendly...I only have few friends in-game by choice...very small sample size. To give a stand, STS should just create a poll from now on, or, they just tell all their players that they'll do whatever they want to do in the game...no middle ground, either you listen or you don't. Right now it's floating, some say STS listens, some say they don't...so...a simple existence of poll will address that, or a simple statement of "we're currently doin beta versions and game testin" to say we don't need your feedback, we got our guys testing it for everyone...that's just my practical opinion...thanks.

PS: It's just a game, getting the ban hammer isn't the end of the world, it's more fun when the heat is on than all quiet and boring XD Besides, I read the TOS, so far, I've only violated mild points and was warned accordingly, and consequently I'm now more tamed when I post XD But I still get my points across, no need to react. Well it's a long PS. Thanks.

Gaddy
12-05-2011, 09:15 PM
the main reason i made this thread was to stop those complainers from complaining about new elixirs that never works, but sometimes ya need to blow off some steam!

Aikiebo
12-05-2011, 09:19 PM

Whirl... These elixrs are not breaking anything. And, did you know that the the number of active forum posters only amount to 2 - 5% of the players that play the game.

Gaddy
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM
The price did go up? HOORAY! THE LEADERBOARDS ARE SAVED!

I knew I should have wasted more time power-leveling all my poor friends and kill-count spamming my twinks. Now I'll probably only be power-leveling my rich friends and kill-count spamming my main...

and nothing else has changed...

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Nah, I agree, that's the politically correct term, elixirs are breaking the game wide OPEN as I've said in my previous posts. Btw, where did you get that 2-5%? Assuming you're correct, did you also know that everyone is on the internet now for anything like news, everything? So maybe they're not actively posting, but they "read" and lurk the forums...I don't know anyone, as far as my friends, who hasn't visited this website once or twice a week to read some new things. In fact, as infant as I may be in the forums, I got a lot of private message in-game either hating me or agreeing with me...and I've never seen these guys here...whatever hot topic that is going on here has a direct and significant impact on the entire PL gaming community, don't deny it. Besides, in any community, only a small percentage is the outspoken ones, the rest just follows, imagine if 100% speak at the same time.

Aikiebo
12-05-2011, 09:29 PM

This is something simple that even a non developer can understand, why don't they create and do an actual "poll" in a sample size of say 10,000 players ( you claim you have millions, so 10,000 is actually very small ) I'm sure as devlepoers they can find it easy to distribute and require players' feedbacks...now the result, they post in this website for everybody to see. Now wouldn't that be a lot easier? Rather than ey my friends said this, no no no, my friends said this...no no no, my friends did this...bla bla bla. I'm not sure if I'm just too lazy to search, but I haven't seen an "official" poll that caused the changes in the game. Which leads me to believe that STS do not listen to their players...otherwise, this poll is a given and they would proud to show it. Common sense.

They don't need to do a poll. Other than some real basic market research, which they prob already done. They will know if the players want these elixrs if they buy 'em. If tons of players buy the elixrs then they are popular. If not very many buy them, then they are not popular.

Just cuz you haven't seen a poll, doesn't prove that they not listening to players. That is jumping to conclusions.

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm not saying they're not listening to players, I said it's "floating" because some (not me) are saying STS isn't listening and some say they are, so in any court, when there's doubt it means it's floating. So to clear all doubts, what I suggest was, STS goes forward and clears either by creating an official poll (to suggest they listen) OR they release an official statement saying they are testing the game on their own. I would be scared for STS if their basis of development is not scientific or structured, I'm sure a company as STS has a plan, so what is it? That's all I suggested, be more clear. I assumed they are not listening correct, but that's because they did not give anything solid for me to not assume, can you blame me? You choose to assume that they are listening which is not any better than my assumption that they are not, just so happened that we have two different assumptions and conclusions. Unless you can point me to anything solid regarding to how STS develops their game (player-based, in-house testing, or both? maybe) you cannot blame conclusions are assumptions, that's the reason why I'm suggesting STS to finally end it. thanks.

Aikiebo
12-05-2011, 10:31 PM
You choose to assume that they are listening which is not any better than my assumption that they are not, just so happened that we have two different assumptions and conclusions. Unless you can point me to anything solid regarding to how STS develops their game (player-based, in-house testing, or both? maybe) you cannot blame conclusions are assumptions, that's the reason why I'm suggesting STS to finally end it. thanks.

I understand what you are saying here. In fact it's a excellent point.

1.When STS changed the UI a month or so ago. They said on several different posts that they developed this new UI based on user testing.

2. STS said today that they are using this period of time to test and see how popular the new elxirs are. This quote at bottom.

3. I deal with maybe 100-120 companies a week. Every single one of them spends thousands, millions a year to test market everything. I mean down to the most minute thing. STS is a real, regular business, they know about market research.

4. They are listening via many, many ways. But, for them the most important thing is wether or not these elixrs sell. All the talk that I do, you do or anyone else isn't gonna change that fact. Either the sell well or they bomb. That is the only real poll they need.

I like the overall point that you are trying to make. That STS needs ot listen to the players. I think it is obvious that they are.

But, people should cont. to give constructive feedback.

Wow! Just wow! The devs give us.something that breathes new life into PL and a few, and I do mean a few (most people I know enjoyed the new elixir) complain so now I have to pay 5 plat.

Well there goes that fun. I guess my lvl 35 won't get to play in Plasma Pyramid after all.

Thanks a lot!

:banghead:

We are still evaluating pricing. The only way to do that is to give it a try and see what people do. Thanks much for your feedback.

zeusabe
12-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Cool appreciate your calm response (contrary to mine LOL), but I'm the type that wants to see an actual report, though I don't deal with that many companies, I know that in other societies other than religion (based on faith), everything should be written, noted, laminated, whatever, put in a pedestal, I dunno projected in an LCD, put in a bottle... otherwise, it sends the wrong message of not wanting to communicate. PL has been around for what a year and a half now? and they can't even announce a simple official map UPDATE?? I mean what other company does this? Does the ones you deal with announce something as big as an expansion without their shareholders knowing it in advance? It's like saying we'll do anything we want just sit and watch us do it. I dunno, that's what I felt. Don't get me wrong, I had an earlier post giving credit to some of Mt. Fang's good things specially the vanity, but for the most part, they're all misfires, whoever is testing the game for them needs to be fired or be replaced because they're not getting it right. So that market research, if ever they actually did it, resulted to them re-using dungeons and enemy designs?...I mean...AAAAHHH, I'm not mad, but...I can't help but think they're not listening you know? I need something solid, and I think most player do to otherwise we wouldn't be talking of STS screwing up the game (I didn't say that somebody else did), or STS not listening because of 1plat elixir now 5plat etc, I mean...it's anarchy, mob rule man...they should take charge and say....HEY EVERYONE!! STOOOOPPP!! This is what we do, this is what we're not going to do...I think as shareholders, we have the right, it's safe to say that a good amount of us spend at least a dollar on this game and that makes us shareholders...In my tiny voice, I will scream (without violating TOS), until they hear it out (or pm me to shut up). LOL. Anyway, good day, really appreciate your response, best I had today :D