PDA

View Full Version : The range at which a mob's threat level is determined is too large

drewcapu
12-05-2011, 05:24 PM
I'll take a common, current example: Biosphere in Shipyard.

You cannot even see the first mob group from the start and yet their threat level is determined once a map is created.

Thus, if a L31 creates a map and a bunch of L35s join, the mob will have a blue threat level for the L35s. As a result, those L35 players are losing out on xp for that first grouping.

I think the radius for a mob's threat level should be smaller than that. At the very least, a mob should be in the line of sight before it can have its threat level determined.

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 07:58 PM
It's an outrage. LoL. Kidding aside.

I don't think one mob is a reason to revamp entire threat level set up.

Ihavenokills
12-05-2011, 09:05 PM
threat level? O_o

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 09:14 PM
threat level? O_o
The colour of dot next to an enemy's health bar indicates your threat level/Xp intake. If a 31 and 35 player run into a room at exact same. The enemies will attack the 31 first. But as soon as the 35 attacks or does damage the enemies should aggro onto them.

drewcapu
12-05-2011, 09:54 PM
It's an outrage. LoL. Kidding aside.

I don't think one mob is a reason to revamp entire threat level set up.

Every xp counts :)

Besides, it wouldn't be a revamp, just a tweak to the logic.

Ihavenokills
12-06-2011, 06:55 PM
The colour of dot next to an enemy's health bar indicates your threat level/Xp intake. If a 31 and 35 player run into a room at exact same. The enemies will attack the 31 first. But as soon as the 35 attacks or does damage the enemies should aggro onto them.

learn something new everyday