PDA

View Full Version : Shield of Hallows

Redcherry
12-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi there, when will the shield of hallows be made available again?

I'm pretty sure many new players didnt have the chance to get it, and right now at lvl66 we are sadly missing this shield. Please make it available again for plat purchase.

And if possible the crown too.

Lowlyspy
12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Neither the crown nor the shield will be made available again, they were elite items for those who made it to the cap during their respective time. They will also not be available for plat due to the massive uproar that would incur. There will be future vanities to replace those items in future expansions so dont worry, you'll get your own helm and shield soon enough.

Buffedbear Pl
12-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Honestly, I don't think that they will come back, and IMO they shouldn't anyways.

1. The vanities are awarded to people who made it to the cap, at the time it was available. They are a symbol of perseverance. Most people spend lots of plat to get to the cap, if not, then lots of time is put into it.

2. If the crown/shield were available for plat purchase, the players who spent all that time grinding for the shield would be very disappointed and most likely the forums would be covered with rant posts about how they were made available for plat.

I realize that some new players who make it to endgame and PvP will probably think that the extra bonus is unfair, but it is a reward for the veterans who have been supporting this game longer and keeping the community alive. New players who make it to the cap will be able to collect the vanity of this time and the vanities of the future, so they will still most likely get a set bonus with the Mt. Fang Armor and the next vanity.

This post is completely biased with my opinion seeing that I grinded a lot to get the crown back then, anyways, I'll see you in PL! :welcoming:

EDIT: Dang it, lowly beat me to the point, and with more class, too. :P