PDA

View Full Version : DotD wrong timing... :(

ninjaduck
12-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Im getting like 10000000 plat at xmas and my favorite vanity of all time is today. Can it either come back after kwismas? :(

Liathea
12-05-2011, 08:00 PM
This is the third time it's been available, so I'm sure you'll get a chance to grab it again soon. :D

Zeus
12-05-2011, 08:01 PM
OMG!! Thank you Ninja! Blast Shield is back!!! Woot! I didn't have enough platinum to purchase it the first time around. :(

Urqui
12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
What vanity?
My deal of the day is x4 elixer fr 30plat...

Zeus
12-05-2011, 08:04 PM
This one. Here is two views of it:

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/eef5463b.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/e81080ed.jpg

javier995
12-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Mind throwing some plat to the poor?

*puts up sign that reads* Will work for plat!

I hate not being able to work. -_-

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I just bought one. I was hoping it would only be 30 plat. But ah well. If I could gift it to you two (Ninja, Javier) I would.

javier995
12-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I just bought one. I was hoping it would only be 30 plat. But ah well. If I could gift it to you two (Ninja, Javier) I would.

How nice:).

I'm going to try to save up some money, due to my current situation. Lol I have no phone connected, I'm glad I have wifi! Lol

Gonna be a pain to save up $50-$100, but I'll try. Also sucks that I can't buy plat if I have money on my itunes account. Says ingame purchase unavailable. Any ideas why?

Zeus
12-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Also sucks that I can't buy plat if I have money on my itunes account. Says ingame purchase unavailable. Any ideas why?

This may be related to the massive platinum processing delays people have been experiencing. My assumption is that STS shut it down temporarily so that they can sort the issues out and not have people come on the forums and claim they were "robbed".

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 09:09 PM
This may be related to the massive platinum processing delays people have been experiencing. My assumption is that STS shut it down temporarily so that they can sort the issues out and not have people come on the forums and claim they were "robbed".
So I should not purchase more plat right now? I used my last bit on shield.

Zeus
12-05-2011, 09:14 PM
So I should not purchase more plat right now? I used my last bit on shield.

As of right now, I'd say no. Here is why. Your order won't get lost, as far as I know, but you'll just be adding to the backload that they already have to deal with.

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 09:18 PM
I purchase my in game Via CC. And it has always been instant. Is the way of purchasing plat you are speaking of via Google store?

Zeus
12-05-2011, 09:27 PM
I purchase my in game Via CC. And it has always been instant. Is the way of purchasing plat you are speaking of via Google store?

It seems to be affecting people those who purchased in game. I purchase mine via both vendors, depending if I have iTunes credit or not. However, I am good on platinum at the moment, or I would test it myself. I'll go ask around for you and see if I get anything. I don't want to say anything that isn't true though, neither do I want to make assumptions as that would be just as detrimental. You could also ask your friends who have purchased platinum recently.

OH! Blonde moment, sorry, I read your post in reverse.

Yes, there are two ways to purchase platinum. You can purchase it at their website, through this link: Purchase Platinum Here! (https://auth.pocketlegends.com/WebStore/store.jsp)

You can also purchase it in game.

As for reports/thread go, it seems those purchasing it in game are the ones having problems. I haven't heard of anybody purchasing it online having problems yet.

Upon further investigation: It seems to let me purchase platinum, I went through all the steps in game except actually entering in my password and confirming the purchase. I don't want to buy a ratio of platinum that is not satisfying. If anybody else wants to be the guinea pig, be my guest. Hehe :)

Javier says that in game purchase is unavailable, so I'm assuming if you confirm by entering in your credentials, a notification something like this might pop up: "Platinum Purchases are currently unavailable".

Your best bet is to PM a developer, honestly. They may be able to offer more insight. I can only speculate and analyze based on what people have told me and what has been discussed on the forums.

javier995
12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
No I was talking to Sam, he said it might be apple. I don't know if I have to upgrade my ipod. 2nd generation.

Zeus
12-05-2011, 09:40 PM
No I was talking to Sam, he said it might be apple. I don't know if I have to upgrade my ipod. 2nd generation.

I see, hmm. Weird. It still doesn't explain the platinum problems people have been having.

BodMaster
12-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Seems the delay was iOS/Droid through IG stores, though now it looks like they have temporary closed this until a fix has been found :)

On Topic: Why 'run out' to buy these and believe they are exclusive Plat items, when they are released every few months anyway. Seems like having some sort of uniqueness is just not meant for this game, which is a real shame for people that like that aspect of gear or 'looking' unique at least a little.

LilMiss
12-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Talk about bad timing siting here waiting on plat too hit account myself been 3 days

javier995
12-05-2011, 09:47 PM
My friend bought 800 plat on pl and charged her phone bill, so only some get the problem?

Zeus
12-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Talk about bad timing siting here waiting on plat too hit account myself been 3 days

Did you purchase it on the website or in game, LilMiss?

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 10:05 PM
On Topic: Why 'run out' to buy these and believe they are exclusive Plat items, when they are released every few months anyway. Seems like having some sort of uniqueness is just not meant for this game, which is a real shame for people that like that aspect of gear or 'looking' unique at least a little.
For the same reason you just explained here. They only come out once every month or two. And are priced at a level that would be hard to purchase if people only access plat through downloading free apps.

BodMaster
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
For the same reason you just explained here. They only come out once every month or two. And are priced at a level that would be hard to purchase for people who only access plat through downloading free apps.

I get that , I do. (Guess my sarcasm could be worked on)

Though when SL was fully released the first DoTD was Blast Shield, why not just keep that as it is. Then move on to create new items, so that there can be me a little more customization in the game. I've played PL and alot of the 'Special' Plat items have not been released back into the game. (May change now this is how DoTD works)

Fac3bon3s
12-05-2011, 10:14 PM
I get that , I do. (Guess my sarcasm could be worked on)

Though when SL was fully released the first DoTD was Blast Shield, why not just keep that as it is. Then move on to create new items, so that there can be me a little more customization in the game. I've played PL and alot of the 'Special' Plat items have not been released back into the game. (May change now this is how DoTD works)

I understand. Even just a simple change of colour. That way those that take advantage of the DoTH have way of standing out from one another. Like maybe a hot pink Riot Shield.

BodMaster
12-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I understand. Even just a simple change of colour. That way those that take advantage of the DoTH have way of standing out from one another. Like maybe a hot pink Riot Shield.

Lol, yup you got it ;) guess then people will be annoyed that they got the same item a diff colour. (Please do not do this for X-ray :p)