View Full Version : Deal With It!

Battlelock
12-05-2011, 08:43 PM
This game will NEVER be equal for casual players & hardcore players. It just isn't possible. Someone that plays 10 hours a week just isn't gonna advance, nor have the gear & opportunities, the same as someone that plays 40 hours a week. It isn't gonna happen.

This game will NEVER be equal for someone that can not buy plat compared to someone who can. It isn't possible.

If this game WASN'T free and was subscription based it still wouldn't help. The hardcore would still advance further & faster and STILL have better gear than the casual players.

Why not just play to your best potential and be happy with it, instead of complaining and demanding unreasonable ultimatums of STS?

Just a "random" idea.
Peace :D

Dudjdj
12-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Thank you

Bunnyshoota
12-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Like a not-so-wise-man once said,
Never say never.

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Can't stop opinions and feedbacks, it's the reason why you're here now and even commenting on the said issues. Without people giving feedbacks, PL wouldn't be here to where it is today. If we were all just zombies and play, things will be so boring people would quit. It's the conflicts that teaches everyone the better choice. If you're afraid to deal with them, then you're not contributing to the overall development of the game. I mean, what did you expect? smooth sailing throughout? Conflicts are good, if they are used as measuring sticks for future developments. And yes, even the best games now are not perfect, but they continue to develop via the use of critics and praises altogether. People here are so used to the peace and order, just a small ripple and everybody goes into hiding 'cuz they're probably afraid to lose their good rep or worse get banned, i mean, can't take the heat eh? It's just a game folks XD

Aikiebo
12-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Why not just play to your best potential and be happy with it, instead of complaining and demanding unreasonable ultimatums of STS?

Thank you!! Agree totally.

Nick41324
12-05-2011, 09:12 PM
I can prove a lot of those wrong..

Platinum will pretty much speed up your time in game. Instead of spending (let's just say) 20 hours in game making 200k to buy a special snowball launcher OR.... you can spend platinum and get something of equal power in a matter of seconds.
It will also speed up the time it takes to Level up with elixirs OR... you can spend 4x as long in the dungeon without platinum.
It's either time or money.

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 09:16 PM
If there was an opposition arm in this forum or in-game then I'd love to be on that side not because I'm a hater but because that's how I want to contribute similar to an opposition group in a democratic government. So far, most of my complaints have been valid despite its "unique" delivery, but it doesn't diminish the content of my complaints, in fact, it adds stress. Without the opposition, there will be no development, that's a fact, you can be just a player as you wish but don't encourage other people because it's a stand everyone should be free to choose, unless of course, you have a weak disposition and you're the "yes" man type (I'm not referring to the TS btw, for those who'll read my post too fast, I'm talking general). Thanks.

Lowlyspy
12-05-2011, 09:29 PM
False. I am one of those 10 hour players, I manage to get the best gear for watever level I am looking for without much trouble.
Disagree? I invite you to look at my toons and attempt to say otherwise ;D

Battlelock
12-05-2011, 09:48 PM
False. I am one of those 10 hour players, I manage to get the best gear for watever level I am looking for without much trouble.
Disagree? I invite you to look at my toons and attempt to say otherwise ;D
I have no doubt Spy. My rant was in the direction of the majority. Gear & levels just don't come to casual players with no plat as it does for hardcore plat/elixir players. Just the way it is.
I myself am a casual player with limited plat use. I'm good with that.
Peace :cool:

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 09:54 PM
I agree with you TS, the game is meant to not be equal...Spy may have acquired the said uber gears, gold, and whatever, but how long? I can probably get the same gears in a month...even more if I was willing to platinum my way to greatness...your statement is true, but I disagree on your call for people to just play and stop complaining.

lilgangster
12-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Disagree i have not spent one cent on this game i dnt play often due to skool, band, CC, ect. N would consider myself a decent player, i may not reach evry lvl cap but i will reach this 1, and dnt have the worst/best gear in game.

WoundedEagle
12-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Another thread?...

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 10:11 PM
You miss an important factor of what Battlelock is saying, it's equality, that includes time. I can out gold you, out level you, and out gear you in every map update starting the next one (humania? IDK) given a time frame of say 1 month if I resort to using platinum elixirs every time I run, I buy gold (it's stupid but just to prove the point), you will never be on the same pace as am I. If you're referring to something like you'll catch up to me, then that's another topic because that issue is battle of attrition which has got nothing to do with what Battlelock is saying. Not to mention, I will only need a quarter of the time you will spend to reach level cap which means I get to spend more time in real life or maybe do something else in-game like PVP or CTF. It's just not equal. You can't deny it.

Conradin
12-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Well im happy you feel the way you do- although even this is a complaigning thread =) and i consider myself rqual with everyone in the gme- and i play less than 10 hours =) just my opinion

Lowlyspy
12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Spy may have acquired the said uber gears, gold, and whatever, but how long? I can probably get the same gears in a month...even more if I was willing to platinum my way to greatness
hold on, gotta think

*thinking*lets see....8 toons.....dadadablah*thinking*

Meh, I'll break it down by each toon.

Lowlyspy (56)- currently wearing a 55 FF set, took about 2 days for full set.
Averagespy (42)- currently wearing Lv.40 AO2 gear and a 41 horus talon, 1 day for full set.
Idovoodoo (35)- currently wearing a voodoo wand set, minus the 4 day weekend it took for support to recover my voodoo robe (long story short, I liquidated it by accident.) around 2 days.
InigoxMontoya (30)- currently wearing a conq. vyx, iceberg plate, and black-ice longsword (purely for vanity reasons, the regular iceberg longsword has the same stats), took approximately 2 days to get.
Greatspy (25)- currently wearing a 25 crystalline wand set, took <1 day to get.
Creepyspy (20)- Currently wearing a 14 jtdf leather, 15 crusader helm, 19 jt plat talon, and 19 conq. ironrock shield, took approximately 2 days to get.
Wyldspy (15)- currently wearing a 13 jtdf leather, 15 jt plat talon, 10 assassins archery cap, & 15 crusader's ironrock shield. Took about 2 days to get.
Lowlysage (10)- currently wearing a 10 merry toy wand, 10 merry ornament, 5 sorc robe, & 10 necromancer's mage hat. Took 1 day to get.

All together it took me about 12.5 days to get all the gear. Now im not saying it was cheap, in fact if I was to sell all of it I could net a cool 2mil, but it is completely possible to get good gear even only playing 10 hours a week. And no, I have no skills with merching.

EDIT: oh and no I do not buy gold with plat.

zeusabe
12-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Great resume, but all that effort and put plat in it, I assure you, you can double that resume easy. That's because you may be more dedicated than an average PL player. All things equal, say there two Spy's, the other one does not do plats and the other does, answer is easy. But if we'll take into account the effort aka number hours you can dedicate playing the game, then the results will vary but still the difficulty or means it was reached will always be not equal. If you really want to take into account everything as in everything, then we'll have to talk about timezones, what we do in real life, how much time we play a day, speed of internet, and many more, but just to be theoretical and end this conversation, all things equal, platinum user > non-platinum user.

dugantale
12-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Its true, just be happy with what u have not what u want

Aikiebo
12-05-2011, 10:46 PM

Can't stop opinions and feedback

You are very right. The main reason the forum exists is to enable a free exchange of ideas and information. That is the very first thing the forum rules say. You are right. That is the main reason we are here.

But, if I understand Battlelock correctly, he said to stop the complaining and unreasonable ultimatums.

Input needs to be constructive. That means useful. Not just a bunch of random hate, venting, whining and spouting statistics that aren't even real.

Just help sts by giving them our ideas and feedback without being selfish.

Hasn't anyone ever said:

Well, this new idea may mess up my ________ (whatever), BUT, if it is going to help the game overall, I hope it succeeds.

In other words, think of the game first. If everyone just thinks of they own selfish concerns it will be very difficult to manage a mmo.

Battlelock
12-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Another thread?...
This is so helpful on the subject. Thanks for all you had to input!

Paar
12-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Nicely Said Bro!(:

WoundedEagle
12-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Alright, dont have to be smart. We had a thread open on this just yesterday you could have voiced your opinion on. Its locked now. Chill dude. Its just a post.

Hankomachos
12-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Bleh... IBTL. :rolleyes:

Aikiebo
12-05-2011, 11:23 PM

Alright, dont have to be smart. We had a thread open on this just yesterday you could have voiced your opinion on. Its locked now. Chill dude. Its just a post.

Chill dude? He was extremely nice. No need for him to chill. What's the deal, we?

The thread that I think your talking about started out as a hate fest. This is a different subject.

Hankomachos
12-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Chill dude? He was extremely nice. No need for him to chill. What's the deal, we?

The thread that I think your talking about started out as a hate fest. This is a different subject.

Not that I want to get involved but the OP was being sarcastic in the "this is so helpful" post.

Aikiebo
12-05-2011, 11:32 PM

Not that I want to get involved but the OP was being sarcastic in the "this is so helpful" post.

Haank, I might be thinking of a different thread then.

Fireflamed
12-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Well most of thats not true till lvl 15 or 17 thats when it really sets in

Who Gon Stop Me

zeusabe
12-06-2011, 12:09 AM
LOL @ Battlelock, your sarcasm is pure win, it's like a well delivered joke. Anyway, back on topic, like I said everything equal, platinum user > non-platinum user. If we'll consider everything including dedication, state of mind, single or married etc, I mean you hafta look for somebody else to talk to because I'm not about to do a feasibility study for that. For the sake of something to agree or disagree on, that's my proposition: "all things equal except platinum usage".

WhoIsThis
12-06-2011, 12:21 AM
The problem is that many people want the rewards of working hard without putting in the actual effort.

Aikiebo
12-06-2011, 12:29 AM
The problem is that many people want the rewards of working hard without putting in the actual effort.

I understand what your saying, but most peope want to have fun and NOT work hard when the log into a video game. Some folks like the "hard work" so to speak. And that's great. But, most want to escape the grind (hehe) of the everyday real world and relax and have fun.

KTpantyhose
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM
yes agreed. people need to stop complaining!

RedRyder
12-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Complaining about people complaining, is still complaining.

(Not directed toward you KT lol)

Hankomachos
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM

I'd thank you but I'm out of repz. :( But spot on btw! :banana:

adidaman
12-06-2011, 12:03 PM

This^^

You're no better than the so called "hardcore" players by complaining about them. If people want to spend their money and buy plat, let them. I know people who haven't spent one dime on this game who are much better players then 4x users. That's my 2cents right there (no flaming intended, I'm just tired of threads on this subject) p.s- wounded was voicing is opinion so there was no need to snap at him

nomad187
12-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Another thread?...

Once again WE has nothing to contribute to the topic, but has to make his presence known.

RedRyder
12-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Once again WE has nothing to contribute to the topic, but has to make his presence known.

Leave WE alone. I would've written the same thing but he beat me to it. We didn't really need another thread of this nature, and as i alluded, complaint threads about the complaints arent any different really..

This^^

You're no better than the so called "hardcore" players by complaining about them. If people want to spend their money and buy plat, let them. I know people who haven't spent one dime on this game who are much better players then 4x users. That's my 2cents right there (no flaming intended, I'm just tired of threads on this subject) p.s- wounded was voicing is opinion so there was no need to snap at him

I admittedly used 4x combos the whole grind to 66, and from 55-66. Using elixirs is just a personal preference, as i don't have all the spare time i used to for farming/grinding as when the game came out due to work and school. So instead of falling behind, since i do have a job, i elixir my way through. Im no better then someone that doesnt use elixirs, but i feel that my past experiences with the game warrant me to at least speed my way through every now and then. I'm sure us vets built plenty of experience on our classes when swamps were the equivalent of todays shadow caves lol, and AO1-3 before elixirs were introduced.

adidaman
12-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Another thread?...

You have less than 100 posts, and the 15 I looked at were unneeded and off-topic on the threads you post on. So before you put down a well-respected long-time forum member, think about what your going to say. Hippocrit

zeusabe
12-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Qualify "much better players", overall if we use statistics, and probabilities, a platinum user will most likely have better K/D ratio, potentially more gold (can purchase gold in-game with only his real life money as a limit assuming he is able as what BattleLock is implying this holds true), and basically be ahead at all times in level and gear, therefore allow him to do other things in the game like PVP or CTF while a non platinum user is still busy grinding. There's no way a non-platinum user is better than a platinum user as far as being a "player" strictly speaking. However, if you're referring to PVP skills then using platinum has got nothing to do with it, it doesn't require countless hours to be good in PVP, it's simple as there are good PVPers and bad ones, directly relating the relationship of platinum and pvp is misleading and most importantly baseless. Now, if you're referring to a better player as far socialization, you may have a shot, because non platinum users will have more time grinding with other players which means higher chances of making friends. Though, if I have to submit a report card, the overall grade of a platinum user will still be greater than a non platinum user, again, all things equal. Now, it's really a long debate if we will consider other variables to the point of it being pointless to discuss because of many unique and personal events (what if a platinum user gets sick and non plat user is not then he will catch up but it doesn't change the fact that plat user put less effort in the game) that affect each player's gaming but for arguments sake, it's just too obvious to deny that a platinum user is a better player than a non platinum user. Give me at least 3 criterias where a non platinum user will outdo a platinum user in a given time frame if both players play 2 hours each day. There is just no way. Battlelock is correct and anyone denying this are only two types of people 1) You're a non plat user (or not so frequent user), or 2) you're just trying to be stubborn. Thanks.

Ellyidol
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Let anyone complain; everybody wins.

People who complain get that satisfaction from voicing their concerns and opinions. To them, they win.

When devs read this complaint, they hopefully learn from it and take it as feedback. The devs win.

For those that don't want to deal with complaints, don't bother reading them at all - you aren't really missing out on anything. You win.

For those that have no complaints, have fun! You still win.

You can't control what happens around you, but you can control your reaction to them. Be happy, have fun, and win :)

adidaman
12-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Qualify "much better players", overall if we use statistics, and probabilities, a platinum user will most likely have better K/D ratio, potentially more gold (can purchase gold in-game with only his real life money as a limit assuming he is able as what BattleLock is implying this holds true), and basically be ahead at all times in level and gear, therefore allow him to do other things in the game like PVP or CTF while a non platinum user is still busy grinding. There's no way a non-platinum user is better than a platinum user as far as being a "player" strictly speaking. However, if you're referring to PVP skills then using platinum has got nothing to do with it, it doesn't require countless hours to be good in PVP, it's simple as there are good PVPers and bad ones, directly relating the relationship of platinum and pvp is misleading and most importantly baseless. Now, if you're referring to a better player as far socialization, you may have a shot, because non platinum users will have more time grinding with other players which means higher chances of making friends. Though, if I have to submit a report card, the overall grade of a platinum user will still be greater than a non platinum user, again, all things equal. Now, it's really a long debate if we will consider other variables to the point of it being pointless to discuss because of many unique and personal events (what if a platinum user gets sick and non plat user is not then he will catch up but it doesn't change the fact that plat user put less effort in the game) that affect each player's gaming but for arguments sake, it's just too obvious to deny that a platinum user is a better player than a non platinum user. Give me at least 3 criterias where a non platinum user will outdo a platinum user in a given time frame if both players play 2 hours each day. There is just no way. Battlelock is correct and anyone denying this are only two types of people 1) You're a non plat user (or not so frequent user), or 2) you're just trying to be stubborn. Thanks.

Lol^^
I am a non plat user (and proud of it)
As well as extremely stubborn :p
So touché....

CowboyJim
12-06-2011, 12:36 PM
+10 to Elly. Life is all about how you react to things that it throws at you. You can choose to be happy....or not.....in most circumstances.
See my sig...lol

Fusionstrike
12-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Fusionstrike's PL Advancement Theorem

To get stuff in PL, you have to invest something. What you invest is some combination of your time (through playing) and money (through platinum purchases). To increase to any given level of performance, you can invest more time and/or more money. The more money you spend, the less time it requires.

Or, to write it in math

A = T * P

where
A = achievement level
T = time
P = platinum

arischal
12-06-2011, 02:37 PM

Its just like those occupy wallstreet bums. They want something without working hard.

WhoIsThis
12-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I understand what your saying, but most peope want to have fun and NOT work hard when the log into a video game. Some folks like the "hard work" so to speak. And that's great. But, most want to escape the grind (hehe) of the everyday real world and relax and have fun.

Then they simply won't be as skilled as the ones that DO put in the effort. It's like everything else in life - put in practice and effort and you will succeed. If you don't put in as much, you won't be as good.

Samhayne
12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Saying haters stop the hate doesn't really bring much but flame bate for the haters to hate on ya.

From the forum rules: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:
Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.

Thread closed.