PDA

View Full Version : A question

jenniebeans
12-06-2011, 12:32 AM
I didn't do pvp in PL and I've only done pvp a little in SL, so my knowledge is extremely limited. Will someone please explain what a twink is? I've seen this word used throughout different threads and there is now a twink guild....but I'm not clear as to what it actually is.

Thanks...and please be nice...not stupid...just new to pvp :-)

TheChairmaker
12-06-2011, 12:41 AM
A twink, as I had it explained to me, is basically a character who you keep at a lower level. You'll equip them with the best stuff for that level, and redo the campaign they can access over and over again, to get stuff you can sell to the lower levels who CBA to farm as your twink does, or don't have time to farm. Hope that helps!

Imacoolbirdd
12-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Low level pvper... I think? Yes uh..

TheChairmaker
12-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Low level pvper... I think? Yes uh..
I'm fairly sure my definition was closer :indecisiveness:

Kahlua
12-06-2011, 07:11 AM
The word twink itself is a...funny...word to use to describe this type of character. Won't go any further in to that, but older members of the community might catch my drift when I say that we really...really should consider a new word.

Kanozaki
12-06-2011, 07:21 AM
The word twink itself is a...funny...word to use to describe this type of character. Won't go any further in to that, but older members of the community might catch my drift when I say that we really...really should consider a new word.

Lol so long as they don't catch on ,it's all good (:

BodMaster
12-06-2011, 07:49 AM
A twink, as I had it explained to me, is basically a character who you keep at a lower level. You'll equip them with the best stuff for that level, and redo the campaign they can access over and over again, to get stuff you can sell to the lower levels who CBA to farm as your twink does, or don't have time to farm. Hope that helps!

Pretty good this one, but it's not being used as just farming now.

It's basically a lower level character with the best gear at that level, which you solely made for a certain reason, be it PvP, K/D PvE/PvP, Farming (certain level items), auctioneer etc, quite alot to this now and as Kahlua put it may need another word to describe the above. (Goole Twink)

A so-so explanation can be found here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking

StompArtist
12-06-2011, 07:52 AM

First time I came across the word it was a toon talking to me in game and I figured, because he claimed to be a 'twink' that he was looking for something entirely different than buying my "for sale" helm and I put the guy on ignore. :D

Kahlua
12-06-2011, 07:54 AM
First time I came across the word it was a toon talking to me in game and I figured, because he claimed to be a 'twink' that he was looking for something entirely different than buying my "for sale" helm and I put the guy on ignore. :D

LOL!

Can't say I blame you, must have been traumatizing

BodMaster
12-06-2011, 08:26 AM

Rofl! With all that 'randomness' can you blame them ;)

TheChairmaker
12-06-2011, 01:43 PM
(Google Twink)
Do I want to, Bod? Do I really want to?

LelouchX
12-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Pretty good this one, but it's not being used as just farming now.

It's basically a lower level character with the best gear at that level, which you solely made for a certain reason, be it PvP, K/D PvE/PvP, Farming (certain level items), auctioneer etc, quite alot to this now and as Kahlua put it may need another word to describe the above. (Goole Twink)

A so-so explanation can be found here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking
i thought this link was gonna give me a different explanation....... ahhhh ha ha ha ha

Do I want to, Bod? Do I really want to?
def not, just click the link, lol

Iron Hand
12-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Twinker should have been called a tinker character... The first one that said "twink" i was like ... Uhh sorry no offense but i am a married straight guy.. lol the fellow was taken back by what i said and did not understand my response as he replied what gave u that impression? Uhh ... Nevermind i got to go ...i ran as fast as i could. Rofl ... I have never heard that term used that way til i came here... Simply put i understand it to be an alternate character that you can test with and do other things like farming lwr levels. Hope i was a somewhat helpful response..

:)

jenniebeans
12-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks to all for the knowledge...and the giggles! You guys made my day :)

TheChairmaker
12-06-2011, 11:11 PM
i thought this link was gonna give me a different explanation....... ahhhh ha ha ha ha
def not, just click the link, lol HOW DO YOU DO THE DOUBLE-QUOTE THING?!...ok, wasn't expecting the link to be anything except what it was. Promise.

Conradin
12-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Lol we started callin them twinks a long time ago. Diddn't it come from WOW? anyways ive had many fun conversations over this. what do you guys think we should call twinks?

LelouchX
12-07-2011, 05:54 PM
HOW DO YOU DO THE DOUBLE-QUOTE THING?!...ok, wasn't expecting the link to be anything except what it was. Promise.
lol, sorry just reading this now. What i do is click the "reply with quote" thing on the one post i want to quote, then highlight and copy it. Then i go to the next post and hit "reply with quote" and past the first quote in that box. This allows for the little tab that you see that allows you to go to the original quoted post (like in this one, if you click the two arrows by your name, it will bring you directly to that quote).
IDK how the numbers are generated to link you to the quoted post. here is what it looks like when i quote your post:

(QUOTE=TheChairmaker;504564)HOW DO YOU DO THE DOUBLE-QUOTE THING?!...ok, wasn't expecting the link to be anything except what it was. Promise.(/QUOTE)

If you go to the you can also type in (QUOTE=person's name)type quoted text here(/QUOTE), but then you won't be able to link to the quoted post. if you do it this way, make sure you properly quote someone. sorry for the long answer to your short question.

replace the ( & ) in the above with [ & ] when you type in your post.

there is probably and easier way i don't know of....

EDIT: and if you want to quote someone quoting someone, you just do a quote within a quote:

how did you do that?!?!?it's simple!
looks like this typed out - again, replace the ( & ) with [ & ]:

(quote=newty)(quote=chairmaker)how did you do that?!?!?(/quote)it's simple!(/quote)

IDK if you were asking this, but it took me a while to figure it out, so i figured i would throw it in too for anyone interested.
also, i am NOT actually quoting anyone here, just made those up to demonstrate

Zeus
12-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Lol we started callin them twinks a long time ago. Diddn't it come from WOW? anyways ive had many fun conversations over this. what do you guys think we should call twinks?

If we can't call them twinkies, only logic stands to reason that we must call them hohos. After all, Adam Sandler did "DIE" off of twinkies.

TheChairmaker
12-08-2011, 10:24 PM
lol, sorry just reading this now. What i do is click the "reply with quote" thing on the one post i want to quote, then highlight and copy it. Then i go to the next post and hit "reply with quote" and past the first quote in that box. This allows for the little tab that you see that allows you to go to the original quoted post (like in this one, if you click the two arrows by your name, it will bring you directly to that quote).
IDK how the numbers are generated to link you to the quoted post. here is what it looks like when i quote your post:

(QUOTE=TheChairmaker;504564)HOW DO YOU DO THE DOUBLE-QUOTE THING?!...ok, wasn't expecting the link to be anything except what it was. Promise.(/QUOTE)

If you go to the you can also type in (QUOTE=person's name)type quoted text here(/QUOTE), but then you won't be able to link to the quoted post. if you do it this way, make sure you properly quote someone. sorry for the long answer to
your short question.

replace the ( & ) in the above with [ & ] when you type in your post.

there is probably and easier way i don't know of....

EDIT: and if you want to quote someone quoting someone, you just do a quote within a quote:

looks like this typed out - again, replace the ( & ) with [ & ]:

(quote=newty)(quote=chairmaker)how did you do that?!?!?(/quote)it's simple!(/quote)

IDK if you were asking this, but it took me a while to figure it out, so i figured i would throw it in too for anyone interested.
also, i am NOT actually quoting anyone here, just made those up to demonstrate

Ahh, thank you very much :D

Taresafoo
12-10-2011, 11:19 AM

Rofl! With all that 'randomness' can you blame them ;)

Lmao we just had this discussion the other day, I vote for a name change!

TheChairmaker
12-10-2011, 12:11 PM
I vote for a name change!
Agreed.

LelouchX
12-10-2011, 12:29 PM
well, the only way u are gonna get a name change is to think of another name that is just so awesome, that when u start using it everyone else will too. Good Luck!

TheChairmaker
12-11-2011, 02:42 AM
well, the only way u are gonna get a name change is to think of another name that is just so awesome, that when u start using it everyone else will too. Good Luck!
How about "cupcakes"?