PDA

View Full Version : How secure is your sl account?! A question for the devs

Asagrar
12-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Has anyone ever reported being hacked? And if no is the answer I have another question. What if a hacking does occur what will you do to the hacker and what will you do for the person that has been hacked?

Kahlua
12-06-2011, 06:30 AM
what're you implying here?!?!? hmmmm?!?!? HACKER!??!?!

Kidding. I'm pretty sure the only way to get hacked is if you basically give away your email and password. Maybe with chrome now we might see some keylogging...but really I don't see the point in hacking a game like this because there's really nothing to buy with all the money and only so many armor types....and you can't trade platinum.

CrimsonTider
12-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Why two threads on the exact same issue? If you have been hacked or know someone who does, contact STS at support (at) spacetimestudios.com. Replace (at) with an @.

Ellyidol
12-06-2011, 06:33 AM
It's in the ToS.

Your account is your responsibility, so if you get hacked through no fault of STS, they do not refund what you lost.

They do, however, trace down the hacker and completely ban them - device and account.

I believe they will be able to at least return your character and account, the items may be highly unlikely.

Slant
12-06-2011, 07:04 AM
The weakest point is the ppl so hacking is more likely to be a success with social engineering attack than some kind of technical wizardry. For eg asking you to register on guild site and you use same login details. Be careful of such tricks, don't share details with other friends and Choose strong passwords longer than 8 chars and you should be safe.

Asagrar
12-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Thank you and sorry about the double thread I had wanted to delete other one but I dont know how to.

serprus
12-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Hacking the game would be hard, it would have to be purely server side. The server IP address are public and not that hard to find. It would depend on the security of the server and the encryption. I trust STS takes all the measures it needs to secure our data :)

It is impossible to hack user data from the client side of the game. Unless of course you are not playing the game from the registered STS site OR you give out your information.

BodMaster
12-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Thank you and sorry about the double thread I had wanted to delete other one but I dont know how to.

Send message to Samhayne, or use the report button next to the thumbs up :)

I already did so when I seen the duplicate ealier when created. May help to go into the other thread and edit info, with a note like "Please delete, Duplicate" ;)

Futumsh
12-06-2011, 09:15 AM
We've had no legitimate reports of hacks - that's not to say it's impossible, but social engineering is far easier.