PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough

Kahlua
12-06-2011, 06:24 AM
The hypocrisy here is astounding. I have a toon in Pay it Forward. I'm very aware of that, considering I made the account myself. That does not mean that if I'm PVPing on this account that I have to let you kill me or I'm setting a bad example.

Last night I join a game with 5 people already in it. I recognize 2 of the 3 names on the opposing team as twinks of fairly well known forum members. Thought I'd have some fun. Upon joining, we killed the same person 3 times in a very short period of time, with myself getting 2 of those 3. I am greeted with the message "WTF is your problem?" followed by a rage quit. I am then greeted with the message "I am Ebalere and I am not impressed." This is OBVIOUSLY not Ebalere, the name was very distinctive to another forum member. Pretending to be Ebalere because he's the founder of PIF? That's low. After calling him out on his lie, he admits to it and pretends it was a joke. I am not releasing the name of the person who did it, nor do I want them to admit to it on the forum to save themselves some face. Just because I have an account in a guild meant to help new players and answer questions doesn't mean I have to die to you in PVP. You attack me, I'm going to attack you back. As of right now I consider Pay it Forward to be a dead guild anyways. I'm frequently the only member online, and besides Cappinclutch, whom I see doing the same things in game as he would on his PIF account, no one else seems to be checking in on the guild. To say we don't need an ambassador program in SL because of PIF isn't true anymore. I have my own beliefs as to why PIF was created, but I continue to use my account frequently, and if I want to hop on PVP for a little bit and have some fun instead of answering 100000 questions about when the new update is or if I can give free money, I don't expect you 'educated' forum members to whine and cry because you got killed.

The reason I find this so amusing? A few minutes later I hop on my lvl 10 commando twink, and see the same 3 people playing 3 vs 1 against some person. I think to myself, "wait a minute, they were just whining about getting killed in a fair fight now they're ganging up on someone?" So I join just to see the situation. Turns out it's a 3 vs 1 kill boosting game with the kid running around with no armor. These 3 immediately jumped me, which I expected to happen and didn't care about, and then talked trash about killing me. These same 2 people have been seen bragging about their kills, KDR, and how good they are at pvp on the forums. Truth hurts boys. Time to stop making excuses for dying. A high kill count doesn't always mean you're good, it could just mean you play a lot or you boosted your kills.

kateku
12-06-2011, 06:41 AM
There are ways where you can get kills up easily. I'm not going into that.

I'm playing for fun in pvp. Lose/ Win doesnt matter as i have make some good friends with pvp.

People ganging up on the same player is rude, if i encounter i just leave the game. No problem with that.

Kahlua
12-06-2011, 06:42 AM
There are ways where you can get kills up easily. I'm not going into that.

I'm playing for fun in pvp. Lose/ Win doesnt matter as i have make some good friends with pvp.

People ganging up on the same player is rude, if i encounter i just leave the game. No problem with that.

While these are all true statements, I think you missed the point of this thread lol :)

Acyer
12-06-2011, 07:02 AM
I agree Kahlua I think SL does need a ambassadors program as I never see any pif members on. Also you shouldn't have to let someone kill you just because you help players out. And if the 2 players I'm thinking about seems enough players are helping them out with their k/d anyways.

BodMaster
12-06-2011, 08:37 AM
To say no one is checking into PiF is kinda off maybe when you log in once and a while, as do we no one is on due to timezones, I've popped on now and again while standing around B* and Cappins already there so I've left as no need to have two doing the same. Usually just help when I see a question pop up in game and explain what they want to know. (main reason being, I lost all my PiF pre-sets when client update come out :()

From the start, even when PiF were very active, I've always said that AoB is needed as the guild is no where near as official or successful as AoA, as the Devs and STS are backing them for support.

javier995
12-06-2011, 09:05 AM
I usually only get on my PIF toon upon request. I don't see why we need to be on a certain toon to be able to answer someone's questions, so I answer questions on whoever I'm on. I do get on PIF once in awhile.

Since when do we have to let others kill us because we are in PIF? I'm not going to let others boost their kills with my alt just because I'm in PIF.

Garvhoz
12-06-2011, 09:23 AM
(sorry if I mispelled anything) Yes I agree with you guys that this is just rediculouse how people act, feeling mad because you killed them with a PIF account, it makes no sense at all, PvP is ment to kill evenly, see who has better skills, I play PvP just fir the fun of it I like killing and being killed its hilareiusly fun.The groupers must be exterminated as well I HATE groupers

Kahlua
12-06-2011, 09:27 AM
@Bod - hah yeah I know, I was exaggerating. Just seems to me that it's not very active, with a main reason being we have to use entirely different characters. An ambassador program would let people use their main characters and have their opinions be equally respected as they would due to the PIF tag.

@Javi - same thing I just said to Bod, using our main characters would be much easier than having to use lower level accounts for B* help purposes...maybe not so much for low level playing. And I agree completely with the kill thing (obviously because I wrote it lol). People are telling me Im rushing them and not playing PVP right and that I don't deserve an account in PIF and should be stripped of the guild. These people do not know what rushing is. If I'm in PVP, I'm there to do some PVP. If you want help of PVP, ask me outside of the arena. Otherwise, strap up.

javier995
12-06-2011, 09:53 AM
You're pro rushing, so people who play with you shouldn't think you won't rush. Now if you're rushing solo, they should stop whining get up and fight you.

Yesterday I was on PL fighting with some 63+ (I'm a 60 bear), someone decided to solo rush me while I was fighting someone else. All I said was, "Str move, rushed get ready." Once I got up, bam he leaves. When I pmed him I told him to come back and try to do it again, he said no. Now this is a l65 or 66 I'm speaking of, and I'm 60. I didn't whine about being rushed at all, even tho he is 5 or 6 lvls higher than me.

Then it gets later in the day, I join a friend where only 2 l60s are (including myself), and a bunch of 56s-59s. After I beat the whole opposing team almost single handed (note the other 60 is with them). 3 people leave. Now its uneven 2-3. I sit and let them take care of it. Then bam both my teammates leave, and the other two began to rush me. I laughed bc I almost killed them until my buff spazzed out and it wouldn't work. I said, "Haha funny rushers, my turn" and the other guy said, "Yea funny hahahah". As soon as he said that bam, my ipod turns off. Once I get back on PL neither of them wanted to fight me.

Kind of a moral of my lil story: when you go back to kill a rusher, they might be scared.

So if you think that one person is 'rushing' you, don't whine get up and kill them.

Now you said the others who said you rushed them are on forums right? Well I want them to read this.

Dear those guys,

Did you read my story? Good. Did you see that I whined? No. You're thinking that Kahlua is a rusher? To some extent, yes. All PIF players should let you kill us because we're in PIF? You're dead wrong! If you want a fair fight again someone in PIF, go ahead and add me Javierinfo. Will I let you kill me because I'm in PIF just so you can boost your kills? Hell no I won't. (Excuse my French) PIF is here to help you out with game related questions, bot yo go into pvp and let you kill us!

Now Eb if you're reading this, did you make it a 'rule' for us to let them kill us? If so, why did you? Since when has PIF stood for, "Kill us all you want, we let you boost your kills because we're PIF!" If that's really how PIF is now, I'll kindly leave and help others on my main how I usually do. I will NOT be in a guild that I'm suppose to help others by letting them kill me.
- Javier

Ebalere
12-06-2011, 10:05 AM
The hypocrisy here is astounding. I have a toon in Pay it Forward. I'm very aware of that, considering I made the account myself. That does not mean that if I'm PVPing on this account that I have to let you kill me or I'm setting a bad example.

Last night I join a game with 5 people already in it. I recognize 2 of the 3 names on the opposing team as twinks of fairly well known forum members. Thought I'd have some fun. Upon joining, we killed the same person 3 times in a very short period of time, with myself getting 2 of those 3. I am greeted with the message "WTF is your problem?" followed by a rage quit. I am then greeted with the message "I am Ebalere and I am not impressed." This is OBVIOUSLY not Ebalere, the name was very distinctive to another forum member. Pretending to be Ebalere because he's the founder of PIF? That's low. After calling him out on his lie, he admits to it and pretends it was a joke. I am not releasing the name of the person who did it, nor do I want them to admit to it on the forum to save themselves some face. Just because I have an account in a guild meant to help new players and answer questions doesn't mean I have to die to you in PVP. You attack me, I'm going to attack you back. As of right now I consider Pay it Forward to be a dead guild anyways. I'm frequently the only member online, and besides Cappinclutch, whom I see doing the same things in game as he would on his PIF account, no one else seems to be checking in on the guild. To say we don't need an ambassador program in SL because of PIF isn't true anymore. I have my own beliefs as to why PIF was created, but I continue to use my account frequently, and if I want to hop on PVP for a little bit and have some fun instead of answering 100000 questions about when the new update is or if I can give free money, I don't expect you 'educated' forum members to whine and cry because you got killed.

The reason I find this so amusing? A few minutes later I hop on my lvl 10 commando twink, and see the same 3 people playing 3 vs 1 against some person. I think to myself, "wait a minute, they were just whining about getting killed in a fair fight now they're ganging up on someone?" So I join just to see the situation. Turns out it's a 3 vs 1 kill boosting game with the kid running around with no armor. These 3 immediately jumped me, which I expected to happen and didn't care about, and then talked trash about killing me. These same 2 people have been seen bragging about their kills, KDR, and how good they are at pvp on the forums. Truth hurts boys. Time to stop making excuses for dying. A high kill count doesn't always mean you're good, it could just mean you play a lot or you boosted your kills.

Ok, I feel like I need to address this..

For one, PiF always was and always will be a side project. It even says on the guild thread. I have been far too busy since I started a new guild (and having a real life) to spend any real amount of time on my PiF toon lately. As for you having your own beliefs as to why PiF was created, I'm assuming this is implying that my intentions were not to help people but boost my image. Wrong. I could say the same for you, but I'm not one to point fingers.

I basically only switch to "Information" to invite new members, and handle PiF Business from my main account. Same for Cappinclutch, Javier, Fae, Bod, and the rest of us. I assure you I've spent more time helping people and answering people's questions than you are giving me credit for.

You know, you could have said what you wanted to say without attempting to belittle my "getaway guild", but the opportunity to take a shot at me seems like it was too much to handle for you. Once again I'm waking up to some foul comments about me or something I've worked hard for, posted on here by you.

You may think I'm leading up to a reason to kick you or something, but I'm not. Despite our differences and the fact that nothing good has come out of your mouth about me lately, PiF is bigger than some guild rivalry (which is just rediculous to begin with), and if you're genuinely in my guild to teach newbies the ropes and help out, then I cannot argue with that. Just ENOUGH with the underhanded comments. It's called trolling, Kahlua, because you don't even know me well enough to make the character judgement calls you've been making lately.

ON TOPIC:
PiF isn't a PvP guild and this is why. PvP is a competitive place and fights and childish arguements and reasoning will arise. A PiF toon could easily develop a bad image in the PvP arena, since PiF is only experienced players, you could be viewed as preying on the very people you're supposed to be helping. My suggestion is, leave your PiF toon for what it's there for, and have a level 15 PvP twink with no association, to fight with. If you need help leveling a new toon I can give you a hand. Problem solved, everyone's happy.

Any further comments you have on the "reason behind PiF" or the level of activity, I ask you again to PM me please instead of publicly attempting to humiliate me, or belittle my good intentions.

Thanks.

Btw, Jav, I never made it a rule that you must let PvPers kill you, that's absurd. No need to make ultimatums. I also urge you and the rest of PiF to just avoid these situations by not PvPing with your PiF toons. It just leads to the kind of issues we're currently dealing with.. As stated above, if you want a hand leveling a PvP twink. I'd be glad to help.

If you do choose to PVP with your PiF toon, please at least attempt to teach people the common rules about rushing, PvP terminology, and good sportsmanship instead of just handing them a spanking. If you end up taking on the twink of an experienced player and beating them, and they throw PiF in your face, well, then just ignore them. This is precisely why I have my Star Guard badge in stash right now, and why I have a level 15 engineer for PvP and one for PiF. People will look for anything to use against you if they lose, (Lag, Rusher, PiF, wasn't ready, my dog farted as I was using Lurch) so I try not to give them any more ammunition. I wish you guys luck.

Kahlua
12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
And here I thought the purpose of PIF was to help people on our low level accounts and do runs with them on low level accounts to AVOID doing so on high levels. If people aren't doing that anymore, the guild is pointless. This further proves my point that PIF died off after it served it's purpose. And as this thread is about hypocrites, writing some elaborate paragraph to "address the issue" and then telling me to PM you with replies is hypocritical. Notice I didn't post once what my feelings behind the creation of PIF were? Nope. That was you. Although it seems you've heard that reason before (what you said was MY reasoning), otherwise you wouldn't have jumped to that conclusion. This has nothing to do with some stupid IU and Pwnies guild feud. That doesn't even exist. I'm not some geek who makes death threats and voodoo dolls in my room on top of a pentacross flame circle. I'm allowed to have an opinion. I said NOTHING to directly bash you or your 'guild.' I merely stated I have beliefs, and that was that. I did however, point out something that seems to have hit a nerve, and you retaliated ever so rudely. And please don't send me some 4 page long PM again, I really don't feel like reading it.

There will now be 0 daily members in PIF, with the exception of people signing on once a week, because I'm done with PIF. Feel free to ask around and see who's been the most active member on their actual PIF account in the past 2 months. I'd be surprised if you hear anything but "Knowledgebase and Cappin" or "what is PIF?" It's a joke now because all people want to do is PvP or farm, and people seem to think it's reason enough to not have an ambassador program. If people are using their main accounts to help people; that's good. That's what is supposed to happen. But having a guild of lvl 15s who "only log on to add other people" is just a guild full of inactive members who are supposed to be Ambassadors.

LelouchX
12-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Kahlua, this isn't the first time you have openly called eb out on the forums. Saying you aren't going to state what you feel and you reasons behind why he created PiF is huge joke because it's obvious what you think, so i'll state it. you think he made it to brown nose his way into star guard, u think he accomplished that goal so he doesnt go on it anymore. lets not tip toe around what we feel. if your willing to imply it, then state it. now, speaking to the other place you called eb out (and me as a cofounder of IU), i noticed your the only one who hasn't edited out your disrespectful comments calling us poachers on an INdependents thread. If you are ready to call others out in a public forum, be ready to have the disservice returned to u.

So why haven't i been on PiF? Ok, here it is. I was trying to be a foundation in a guild that was falling apart, and when it fell apart, i formed another guild with 2 people i met in this game that i formed a bond with i didn't think possible. have you ever started a guild? do you know how much work is involved in it? when i get home from work at 8pm, i catch up on anything that i missed and handle guild issues that need to be attended to. when i'm done, i'm grateful if i can get an hour to play myself before getting 5-6 hours of sleep (if i'm lucky). and guess what, the same goes for eb, he's busy too.

i've judged people before i knew them and was dead wrong. you should find out a little more about people before you go making accusations.

after you post on the IN thread, i said some things (which i edited out) and thought to myself, everyone makes mistakes and deserves a chance to show the good in themselves. i even went to your GM and asked her to apologize to you for my words. i won't be apologizing for these ones.

Iron Hand
12-06-2011, 11:32 AM
It always amazed me how some take a game so serious... I feel all of you all's pain.. i just play for fun.. me personally i do not like to brag of accomplishments unless it was team effort and i always do not feel comfortable even then of including what i did. Just who i am... I play for fun and escape of a daily real life grind. I am always willing to help and do not judge ppl for what they do or say... If it becomes offensive toward me or my friends i just hit ignore and avoid such plyrs. Do not let what others do or say get u down friends ... There are plenty more of us that are fun friendly and find it a joy to meet good players and people. :) search us out will always be happy to give a fun competitive game without the drama... Btw i am very bad at pvp anyway lol but it is still fun... Was in one that was a hilarious bout of hand to hand with no armor and i was the ref and comentator.. ( srry my spelling is as bad as my pvp play sometimes.. phhttppt :p ) this is just some of the fun i have and i love to help players when i can.. so if u want fun with no whinning no bragging but a little poking fun seek me out. I also help serious playrs too.. as i myself am one ask anyone that knows me.. i help all with respect and fun. (Steps down from soap box) okay said my piece NEXT! LOL

Xaphan Fox
12-06-2011, 01:35 PM
This game is great. I love it.

...but the content in this game is so limited. It just doesn't have anything in it that is worth this drama.

Pve is easy. It's designed to be. Pick up and play. Quick.

Doesn't require some of the structure, drama, and exclusion some apply to it.

Pvp is a fun, but the leaderboards tied to it are a joke. Practically every person on the kills or k/d list, has a "twin" on the deaths list that helped them get there.

It isn't pvp. It's a joke. It's people going to a knife only server, building up knife stat, just to go to a normal server and claim they the boss at knife kills in a fire fight. It's the easy way to stats you didn't earn nor deserve.

Being that pvp leaderboard is, for the most part, pointless if not policed, it isn't worth the drama.

Inter-guild drama is also pointless. Max high level members is a pointless stat. Any poaching that happens attributed to it is a shame. Also: as stated above, this game has very limited content that is designed to be relatively easy to pick up and play. Once again not worth the drama. Not impressed with one guild over the other.

This game just isn't worth the drama, stress, disinformation, and advancement at the expense of others some have brought to what should be a simple, quaint, fun escape from my day to day drudgery.

Pvp has been in the game a week, and already, as expected, easy ways to the top, tempers, and egos run rampant.

I guess its the nature of the internet.

Is it really so hard to be loving and play a game without stepping on others?

The older I get, the more the online environment jades the heck outa me.

Woof.

Testament
Sparkling Pwnies

Killerade
12-06-2011, 03:22 PM
in my honest opinion, they should disable PVP leader board that should keep them from farming kills (also disable the record on yur avatar or only make it so that only the user of the toon can see it) maybe that will solve some of the problems

Redbridge
12-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Would someone please tickle my tummy?

Bakoffmycandy
12-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Wow... Just read this whole thread & I am in awe. Seriously wasn't even going to comment but I will say this : Helping people with questions, runs, or however you choose to should have nothing to do with a guild name. It all comes down to the unique qualities of that individual & how they are helpful. If a guild is started based on this, kudos.

There is no need for calling out people, guilds or any behavior of the kind. That is Totally against what most of us old timers stand for. If ya cant seem to work something out between the guild or person you have a problem with in a civil manner. Simply do not associate with them. Saves a lot of head ache in long run.

There are some pretty High Horses out there, I'm just glad I ride a donkey

Redbridge
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
What about me? Anyone fancy rubbing my tummy?

Ardon
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM

*tickle* *tickle* *tickle*

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Redbridge
12-06-2011, 04:21 PM
*tickle* *tickle* *tickle*

Yeah!

javier995
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Puts hungry cat in cage*