PDA

View Full Version : Best Player Leaderboard Positions

Pxoo
04-21-2019, 01:59 PM
Nowadays a lot of people have all achievement points (32,550) on the Best Player Leaderboard. For not having multiple persons on the same position on the leaderboard, there is a tie breaker: PvE Kills. There are people who are farming hard and log in every single day to secure a high position in the leaderboard and there are those people, who just use a bot or makro to get many more PvE Kills than possible if you grind hard every day, because this enemy doesn't tire, doesn't stop, doesn't feel. These bot users get more PvE Kills through the night while they are actually sleeping, than those who farm hard every day. Since it's impossible to catch up with players who use bots with impunity, the fair players lose motivation and stop playing, while the bot users climb higher and higher. It's obvious who is cheating his or her way up the leaderboard and who doesn't and yet these players are still up there, causing more damage than any platfarmer or account-sharer ever could.
Since there aren't any actions taken against such cheaters, I'd like to ask if it's possible to introduce another sort of tie-breaker for this kind of leaderboard. It doesn't have to exclude PvE Kills entirely, but something like the Guild Leaderboard, which includes e.g. daily activity is more judicious than the current system. Of course it isn't perfect either, but it's more respectful towards fair players, than competing against a program, which does your PvE Kills. If you have an idea for a better tie-breaker, feel free to comment.
Thank You.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Daughter
04-21-2019, 02:00 PM
Nowadays a lot of people have all achievement points (32,550) on the Best Player Leaderboard. For not having multiple persons on the same position on the leaderboard, there is a tie breaker: PvE Kills. There are people who are farming hard and log in every single day to secure a high position in the leaderboard and there are those people, who just use a bot or makro to get many more PvE Kills than possible if you grind hard every day, because this enemy doesn't tire, doesn't stop, doesn't feel. These bot users get more PvE Kills through the night while they are actually sleeping, than those who farm hard every day. Since it's impossible to catch up with players who use bots with impunity, the fair players lose motivation and stop playing, while the bot users climb higher and higher. It's obvious who is cheating his or her way up the leaderboard and who doesn't and yet these players are still up there, causing more damage than any platfarmer or account-sharer ever could.
Since there aren't any actions taken against such cheaters, I'd like to ask if it's possible to introduce another sort of tie-breaker for this kind of leaderboard. It doesn't have to exclude PvE Kills entirely, but something like the Guild Leaderboard, which includes e.g. daily activity is more judicious than the current system. Of course it isn't perfect either, but it's more respectful towards fair players, than competing against a program, which does your PvE Kills. If you have an idea for a better tie-breaker, feel free to comment.
Thank You.

These Players who use Bots will get banned, because no one can play 24/7 and sts see that

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Pxoo
04-21-2019, 02:06 PM
These Players who use Bots will get banned, because no one can play 24/7 and sts see that

Gesendet von iPhone mit TapatalkThere still are players on the leaderboard who are botting and have a position for more than a year.

Allset
04-21-2019, 02:13 PM
It is possible to get a million kills in hauntlet over 695 days... Just saying most of the players at the top of the lb have played for years & years.

But I have heard a lot of lb players complain about bots. I really think or hope sts would take notice of some one cheating in such away.

QuaseT
04-21-2019, 02:33 PM
I can confirm what six says. I have all aps too and see at least 3 people in my friendlist farming hauntlet non stop for days, sometimes weeks. I wonder why sts doesnt take action. +1

Yeh
04-21-2019, 02:43 PM
I got 600k pve kills in the last 4 months and that was really a grind. I think sts should make changes to the hauntlet if they really wanted to prevent ppl from using macros to farm pve kills. Like make the pools do more damage and bigger or make the meteors bounce you back farther. Or just disable pve kills in the hauntlet and enable them in the harder maps like underhul.

Allset
04-21-2019, 03:00 PM
I got 600k pve kills in the last 4 months and that was really a grind. I think sts should make changes to the hauntlet if they really wanted to prevent ppl from using macros to farm pve kills. Like make the pools do more damage and bigger or make the meteors bounce you back farther. Or just disable pve kills in the hauntlet and enable them in the harder maps like underhul.Not a bad idea just don't count hauntlet kills anymore...

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Yeh
04-21-2019, 03:01 PM
I just thought of another solution . So y’all know how the Deary portals take you to a random town.. there should be random portals that appear in the hauntlet and if you run into it, you will be transported to another town.. if you are legit playing the game yourself it’s no big deal. But if you are using a macro, eventually you will be in a random town attacking a wall (which I’ve seen) and people will see what you are doing

Pxoo
04-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Not a bad idea just don't count hauntlet kills anymore...

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalkif the kills don't count anymore people who botted them will keep them and the people who have to make more kills are at a disadvantage again

Pxoo
04-21-2019, 03:09 PM
I just thought of another solution . So y’all know how the Deary portals take you to a random town.. there should be random portals that appear in the hauntlet and if you run into it, you will be transported to another town.. if you are legit playing the game yourself it’s no big deal. But if you are using a macro, eventually you will be in a random town attacking a wall (which I’ve seen) and people will see what you are doingthat would be really annoying and ruin hauntlet for timed runners

Pxoo
04-21-2019, 04:51 PM
I just thought of another solution . So y’all know how the Deary portals take you to a random town.. there should be random portals that appear in the hauntlet and if you run into it, you will be transported to another town.. if you are legit playing the game yourself it’s no big deal. But if you are using a macro, eventually you will be in a random town attacking a wall (which I’ve seen) and people will see what you are doingIt would be very annoying and ruin hauntlet for timed runners

Avaree
04-21-2019, 05:16 PM
Thank You.

Just make hauntlet a daily, one time entry.

@op: I do agree with what you wrote. I feel this topic has been some what swept-under-the-carpet for a long time. Those who have obviously botted should have their kills reset. It's very unfair for players who earned their pve kills legitimately.

Allset
04-21-2019, 05:58 PM
if the kills don't count anymore people who botted them will keep them and the people who have to make more kills are at a disadvantage again

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit TapatalkIf they stop the kills from hauntlet. Players will not be able to bot anymore which is the problem no??? Regardless if they count or not. They would have to farm maus 3 & up which bots wouldn't work.

Pxoo
04-21-2019, 06:14 PM
If they stop the kills from hauntlet. Players will not be able to bot anymore which is the problem no??? Regardless if they count or not. They would have to farm maus 3 & up which bots wouldn't work.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalkyes, it will solve the problem that they bot their pve kills, but if you stop kills from hauntlet nobody could ever catch up to them again. they already have their pve kills, the ones who don't and didn't use the opportunity to run hauntlet will not be able to get as many kills from mausoleum before the game shuts down. that way they get rewarded for having used a bot with a permanent leaderboard position, they just need to do the aps

slaaayerrr
04-22-2019, 02:22 AM
which includes e.g. daily activity is more judicious than the current system. Of course it isn't perfect either, but it's more respectful towards fair players

"daily activity"? but botters have more daily activity than regular player :D

Just make hauntlet a daily, one time entry.

botters already have 5m+ kills, how are u going to catch them from your 1,5m kills (which u were making 4-5 years?), u need like 10 years more to reach 5m kills haha

i just want to vote to ban botters (or reset their kills and remove them from LB)

PS: devs, remove arcane weapon chests from dead city please, and add them to harder maps (since our pets can collect chests...)

Scll
04-22-2019, 04:59 AM
-1 to removing pve kill count from hauntlet , i myself spend 4 hours a day running hauntlet a dream to reach 1m kill..

Pxoo
04-22-2019, 05:01 AM
-1 to removing pve kill count from hauntlet , i myself spend 4 hours a day running hauntlet a dream to reach 1m kill..i agree with that, I just would like to have a fair chance competing other players and see the players who lost motivation due to bot users back

Sek
04-22-2019, 05:27 AM
I got 600k pve kills in the last 4 months and that was really a grind. I think sts should make changes to the hauntlet if they really wanted to prevent ppl from using macros to farm pve kills. Like make the pools do more damage and bigger or make the meteors bounce you back farther. Or just disable pve kills in the hauntlet and enable them in the harder maps like underhul.

that idea with more damage is such a thing :o
I play hardcore and I m level 67, I m decent geared and its always dangerous because I could die in one moment ?

PatD
04-22-2019, 07:52 AM
The only solution i can see is to completely remove pve kills as a tie breaker and add many more aps instead, i cant see any other way to solve the problem at this point, just my humble opinion

slaaayerrr
04-22-2019, 09:05 AM
The only solution i can see is to completely remove pve kills as a tie breaker and add many more aps instead, i cant see any other way to solve the problem at this point, just my humble opinion

thats nice, just dont need to add more aps like 100k brakenridge bosses pls

Thewolfbull
04-22-2019, 09:15 AM
Remove pve kills and add new elite only pve kills that only count in a completely random start elite map like m6 that requires you to run a few random easyer levels first to get a zone that counts, preferably a new map as maus has been around for years..

Also remove pvp aps most doing dummy farm anyways now.

Avaree
04-22-2019, 11:04 AM
Remove pve kills and add new elite only pve kills that only count in a completely random start elite map like m6 that requires you to run a few random easyer levels first to get a zone that counts, preferably a new map as maus has been around for years..

Also remove pvp aps most doing dummy farm anyways now.

I agree on most, but the last (underlined in bold italics) I am sure I am not a lone on this, pvpers spent a lot of time to earn earn their pvp APs. It took me about 7 months and a-lot of gold for propper gears, not to mention what players have to endure with all the TT and bs that comes with PvP for those APs, I think its unjust to remove those APs, instead why not restructure how the CTF room is unlocked. Have a time out of 5 secs before rejoin a player can rejoin, this is not fool proof, but a lot harder for DF to get an unlocked room. After all thats all it takes is two players to unlock CTF by rejoining 5 times......

Pxoo
04-22-2019, 11:11 AM
I agree on most, but the last (underlined in bold italics) I am sure I am not a lone on this, pvpers spent a lot of time to earn earn their pvp Ads. It took me about 7 months and a-lot of gold for proper gears, not to mention what players have to endure with all the TT and bs that comes with PvP for those APs, I think its unjust to remove those APs, instead why not restructure how the CTF room is unlocked. Have a time out of 5 secs before rejoin a player can rejoin, this is not fool proof, but a lot harder for DF to get an unlocked room. After all thats all it takes is two players to unlock CTF by rejoining 5 times......This wouldn't actually help to prevent dummyfarming, these players just enter Trulle's Forest and get their 10k pvp kills there then, but it will be harder to have a classic ctf match again because it's more difficult to open the room, which will prevent randoms from entering there in the first place and cause even less activity.
I absolutely agree that PvP achievements (preferably every achievement) should stay.

Avaree
04-22-2019, 02:22 PM
This wouldn't actually help to prevent dummyfarming, these players just enter Trulle's Forest and get their 10k pvp kills there then, but it will be harder to have a classic ctf match again because it's more difficult to open the room, which will prevent randoms from entering there in the first place and cause even less activity.
I absolutely agree that PvP achievements (preferably every achievement) should stay.

I agree with you (: but CTF is were the majority DF bc the room is locked after so many flags are captured. But thats not topic of your thread sorry to derail.

Uiss
04-22-2019, 05:05 PM
As some people are commenting, a new tiebreaker, taking the tie off of the pve and adding in order of time. Those who completed the AP first would get first, and so on.

Allset
04-22-2019, 06:07 PM
What trips me out is @Pxoo is that ur hating on something you don’t know for fact. I would bet money that sts has walked in hauntlet to see if these players are legit killing pve or just bots. I run hauntlet a lot & have players come in & run with me and leave all the time. STS I am sure keeps an eye on lb players with massive kills. They have banned players for much less...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pxoo
04-22-2019, 06:32 PM
What trips me out is @Pxoo is that ur hating on something you don’t know for fact. I would bet money that sts has walked in hauntlet to see if these players are legit killing pve or just bots. I run hauntlet a lot & have players come in & run with me and leave all the time. STS I am sure keeps an eye on lb players with massive kills. They have banned players for much less...

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkOf coure I can't show you in detail how people are doing what they do, but I have seen enough screenshots of line chats with people offering to sell bots with people buying them or other people who don't respond to anyone or anything while running hauntlet who just join between the guildhall and the hauntlet for days. Some people clear their whole friendlist and leave guilds for not getting caught and some of those even forget to ghost party and are being seen doing the same movements in haunlet. I know how many kills are possible per hour and for some people there are just more sleepless nights than any human could handle. Yes this doesn't prove it 100%, but it's enough for me to be entirely sure about it.

Allset
04-22-2019, 06:49 PM
Of coure I can't show you in detail how people are doing what they do, but I have seen enough screenshots of line chats with people offering to sell bots with people buying them or other people who don't respond to anyone or anything while running hauntlet who just join between the guildhall and the hauntlet for days. Some people clear their whole friendlist and leave guilds for not getting caught and some of those even forget to ghost party and are being seen doing the same movements in haunlet. I know how many kills are possible per hour and for some people there are just more sleepless nights than any human could handle. Yes this doesn't prove it 100%, but it's enough for me to be entirely sure about it.

Tell me how many kills are possible in hauntlet. I wonder if u can tell me how fast I can run by myself and how many kills that is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allset
04-22-2019, 06:54 PM
I’ll throw u a bone...
https://youtu.be/TuK_6rj7ixs

And that was me taking my time so others could see how it's done...
So for the sack of the argument I kill 60 every 60sec = 3,600 kills an hour. * 24 hours or 1 day = 86,400. So yeah it is possible mathematically...

Pxoo
04-22-2019, 07:00 PM
I’ll throw u a bone...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkand what exactly is it you want to tell me by showing that?

Allset
04-22-2019, 07:09 PM
and what exactly is it you want to tell me by showing that?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit TapatalkI guess u didn't read..

So for the sack of the argument I kill 60 every 60sec = 3,600 kills an hour. * 24 hours or 1 day = 86,400. So yeah it is possible mathematically...

Guess u need to run hauntlet like it's an APS asap...

Pxoo
04-22-2019, 07:14 PM
I guess u didn't read..

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalktbh I didn't see anything under the video, did you edit it? and considering you ran all the way from kraag you wasted a lot of time compared to those who just join there by quest and don't do any breaks, I estimate it's about 4k kills an hour

Allset
04-22-2019, 07:18 PM
tbh I didn't see anything under the video, did you edit it?
Refresh ur browser or Tapatalk... & You wouldn't have to type the rest of what you typed.

Pxoo
04-22-2019, 07:25 PM
Refresh ur browser or Tapatalk... & You wouldn't have to type the rest of what you typed.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using TapatalkI still don't get what the point of discussing how many hauntlet kills per hour you make is? what does that have to do with discussing a new tie breaker for the best player leaderboard?

Avaree
04-22-2019, 07:49 PM
As some people are commenting, a new tiebreaker, taking the tie off of the pve and adding in order of time. Those who completed the AP first would get first, and so on.

Good idea, what about newer players? They would always be lacking.

Maybe a veteran and seasonal LB be implemented.

Seasonal LB would/could have all current APs achieved, but with only that season's PvE kills acheived (leaving out lifetime to date pve kills).

Allset
04-22-2019, 07:52 PM
You are complaining because of the tie breaker kills when mathematically they can be legit.

Pxoo
04-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Good idea, what about newer players? They would always be lacking.

Maybe a veteran and seasonal LB be implemented.

Seasonal LB would/could have all current APs achieved, but with only that season's PvE kills acheived (leaving out lifetime to date pve kills).I like that idea very much :)

Scll
04-23-2019, 04:37 AM
Just ban the bots Jesus Christ.....

iloveu
04-23-2019, 05:18 AM
Thank You.

"causing more damage than any platfarmer or account-sharer ever could"
not tru bro illegal is illegal and there lb players who do account share to complete flag and to dummy farm kills they need ban same way as all illegal also plat farmers

Salb
04-23-2019, 08:14 AM
What about adding seasonal pve kills?
make all of who in lb equally at kills( just in leaderboard, not real kdr) and then Set a limit like 20k pve per day,
prolly it helps a bit but it can't solve the Bot topic anyway

*Using swamp temple map Can be good idea for make pve kills if mobs hp reduces a bit , just a suggestion instead of huntlet

sry for my English

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

Trader
04-23-2019, 08:59 AM
I agree with others:
1) Disable pve kills from tombs
2) Only keep pve kills from the area corresponding to the toon level.
3) Reset pve kills every season.

I would also like to highlight that the Time LB also gives unfair advantage to some players, what I mean is that players only have to invest one time on gear to get good ms and then they use it every season to get on Time LB. I know level 71 players (and I was one of them at level 66) who are still using level 50 venom set and old gears with ms awake to beat best time on low level maps and hauntlet. So basically its a one time investment to get a Time runners banner every season.

Solution:
1) Make Hauntlet and Arena solo (instead of 25x4 spots, make 10 spots per class), apply similar concept as swamp temple challenge.
2) Timed maps should only record the time for players that are on level of that area level, for example if the player/team want to score a Time in Brackenridge then the players must be between level 1-14, similarly if a team wants to score Time in Nordr then all players in the party should be between level 26 - 36.
This way a end-game player or group will not be able to dominate all the maps. And if they would like to then they will have to invest in gear, awakes which will inturn make profit for studio. Win-Win :)

Idea credits: Gaprisha, Avaree, Psychonuke.

dexish
04-23-2019, 10:43 AM
Thank You.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit TapatalkThis is sad...not only player lb but also event lb is filled with them..not fair for regular runners

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

dexish
04-23-2019, 10:49 AM
I’ll throw u a bone...

So for the sack of the argument I kill 60 every 60sec = 3,600 kills an hour. * 24 hours or 1 day = 86,400. So yeah it is possible mathematically...I dont think any human can run 24 / 7
Thanks for proving the point
Humans get easily tired and bored running same map..i think they can max 5 or 6 hrs with lot of motivation

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Yeh
04-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Hmm How about this to even the playing field . . Sts adds an “auto play” option in the hauntlet.. I’ve seen this in other games. It would make things fair

Pxoo
04-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Hmm How about this to even the playing field . . Sts adds an “auto play” option in the hauntlet.. I’ve seen this in other games. It would make things fairThen the one who has the highest bill for electricity wins lol, it's like with bots, it's not your accomplishment, but the auto play systems'. That takes all the fun away for me.

QuaseT
04-23-2019, 02:06 PM
I dont think any human can run 24 / 7
Thanks for proving the point
Humans get easily tired and bored running same map..i think they can max 5 or 6 hrs with lot of motivation

Sent from my A1601 using TapatalkIt is hard to make a difference between bot users and players with maybe too much motivation. At new cap people played the new maps for 28h straight to get the 71 badge. But at some point its not possible thats right.

Thewolfbull
04-23-2019, 02:15 PM
Hmm How about this to even the playing field . . Sts adds an “auto play” option in the hauntlet.. I’ve seen this in other games. It would make things fair

If they added something like this I will quit tbh lol Auto run/auto quests... Or auto anything else are bad for any game idk why some games even have it xD

Remiem
04-23-2019, 02:18 PM
Hey guys. Since discussing exploits isn't allowed in the forums I'm going to close this thread, but as a reminder, botting in order to obtain an in-game advantage is a permanently bannable offense. Being on the LB is a high honor, but not if you get there dishonorably. Keep it on the up and up!