PDA

View Full Version : Remove PvP AP's?

Idly
04-25-2019, 09:19 AM
Seems there's a lot of drama recently regarding dummy farming/flagging in PvP, understandably this annoys players who have played for months/years to get a top LB spot.

However on the flip side, most PvP maps are quiet and to get the AP's legitimately would require a very long time, also class balance issues make it even more difficult for some.

To ban players for dummy farming seems harsh to me personally, but also its unfair to players that have put the time and effort into achieving the AP's to have many players getting the same AP's much more easily.

What effect would the removal of PvP achievements from the game have on the LB? How would you as a player feel about them being removed? What could replace them that is extremely difficult (but not extremely boring)

All feedback, ideas and criticism welcome :D

Sheentaro
04-25-2019, 09:23 AM
perhaps a "no, thank you" sums it all up. gl.

Sent from my SM-J200F using Tapatalk

slaaayerrr
04-25-2019, 09:28 AM
To ban players for dummy farming seems harsh to me personally

im sure their kdr can be reset and not allow them to appear at LB from that account anymore

and why do u talk only about pvp...
pve achievements: most of them can be completed in one day or can be bought; other - just botted, i can see only 4 really hard maps for botting (rengol underhul maus deepmarsh)

so... remove pve aps too? or maybe remove LB at all :D

Idly
04-25-2019, 09:34 AM
im sure their kdr can be reset and not allow them to appear at LB from that account anymore

and why do u talk only about pvp...
pve achievements: most of them can be completed in one day or can be bought; other - just botted, i can see only 4 really hard maps for botting (rengol underhul maus deepmarsh)

so... remove pve aps too? or maybe remove LB at all :D

Resetting kills would be a good fix...but how to prove which kills were dummies or legit over so many players and such a long time?

Unlike dummy farming, there is still a good chance you will be banned for botting pve (yes I'm aware many do bot) when the ban hammer finally swings there will be some salty "pro's" who wish they just ran the maps.

slaaayerrr
04-25-2019, 09:51 AM
but how to prove which kills were dummies

if player told: "sts says dummy farm is legal anyways" and keep farming his dummy, isnt it prove? i didnt tell that sts can find and punish ALL cheaters, but removing some of them from LB/game will be already result. there were a lot of threads (some of them closed/deleted) with prooves about some lb players, and they still at lb...

there is still a good chance you will be banned for botting pve
if you are talking exactly about me - i dont even go hauntlet for kills, im there just for 1 run per event to check essences drop..
when player getting report, or mentioned as cheater at forum - devs can check logs and see what he/she doing (if "being at lb is high honor" - i think its not hard to check 75 players)

Idly
04-25-2019, 10:01 AM
if player told: "sts says dummy farm is legal anyways" and keep farming his dummy, isnt it prove? i didnt tell that sts can find and punish ALL cheaters, but removing some of them from LB/game will be already result. there were a lot of threads (some of them closed/deleted) with prooves about some lb players, and they still at lb...

if you are talking exactly about me - i dont even go hauntlet for kills, im there just for 1 run per event to check essences drop..
when player getting report, or mentioned as cheater at forum - devs can check logs and see what he/she doing (if "being at lb is high honor" - i think its not hard to check 75 players)

Honestly I feel it would be much easier for sts to just remove the PvP AP's, maybe reward an achievement/banner/title but remove the actual achievement points so it doesn't have a detrimental effect on the LB.

I was most certainly not talking about you (I don't even know your ign :/) just botters in general.

Full disclosure: I'm not on the leaderboard, I'm not too interested in getting on it, I don't really PvP just like to talk about perceived issues in the game and get other peoples perspective on a resolution.
:D

slaaayerrr
04-25-2019, 10:05 AM
Honestly I feel it would be much easier for sts to just remove the PvP AP's, maybe reward an achievement/banner/title but remove the actual achievement points so it doesn't have a detrimental effect on the LB.

i just dont see logic if both (pve/pvp) can be cheated and both affecting LB, why do u offer to remove ONLY pvp aps

Idly
04-25-2019, 10:14 AM
i just dont see logic if both (pve/pvp) can be cheated and both affecting LB, why do u offer to remove ONLY pvp aps

Lots of players are causing drama over this specific issue at the moment. I feel its the community's job alongside sts to offer up solutions. Botting in Pve is bannable, dummy farming it seems is not.

Many players have completed all Pve APS and need only Pve ones to be on the LB (an aspiration for many) therefore it is becoming logical to cheat the last 1000 or so AP's to obtain a coveted LB position as STS are not currently banning for this particular method of cheating... Don't get me wrong, I'd love STS to fix every loophole, bug, exploit, cheat etc but I'm focusing for now on this specific issue.

slaaayerrr
04-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Botting in Pve is bannable, dummy farming it seems is not.

here answer about bannable... https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?447155-Bananble-offense&p=2955649&viewfull=1#post2955649

who said that df is allowed?

Idly
04-25-2019, 10:24 AM
here answer about bannable... https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?447155-Bananble-offense&p=2955649&viewfull=1#post2955649

who said that df is allowed?

Thanks, I've already seen that post. Nowhere does it say that it is bannable. Numerous devs in the past have confirmed they are not currently banning for dummy farming (even if it is sad) as does Remiem in the post that you linked, only that sts can pick and choose when and if they decide to ban people, which is even more confusing for players.

Gufugufutwo
04-25-2019, 10:29 AM
Thanks, I've already seen that post. Nowhere does it say that it is bannable. Numerous devs in the past have confirmed they are not currently banning for dummy farming (even if it is sad) as does Remiem in the post that you linked, only that sts can pick and choose when and if they decide to ban people, which is even more confusing for players.
If they were to ban for dummy farming and flagging, them hey would end up banning half (or more) of the lb cuz ik a lotta them and seen their kd before, and slayer (he’s called “skype“) in game he would get banned too cuz he did flagging which is “cheating” and I wouldn’t be surprised if he dummy farmed too
The reason Skype is always so salty on these kinds of posts, is cuz he’s trying to keep his lb position, like he always goes to harass people flagging, so that they can’t take his lb position, that is his true intent

iloveu
04-25-2019, 10:36 AM
If they were to ban for dummy farming and flagging, them hey would end up banning half (or more) of the lb cuz ik a lotta them and seen their kd before, and slayer (he’s called “skype“) in game he would get banned too cuz he did flagging which is “cheating” and I wouldn’t be surprised if he dummy farmed too
The reason Skype is always so salty on these kinds of posts, is cuz he’s trying to keep his lb position, like he always goes to harass people flagging, so that they can’t take his lb position, that is his true intent

He cheated pve kills untill 1.2m pve then stopped months ago so we think he fair XD

slaaayerrr
04-25-2019, 10:41 AM
is cuz he’s trying to keep his lb position, like he always goes to harass people flagging

am i not supposed to do it? even if they arent cheaters, "harrass people flagging"? i playing regular pvp also, not only ctf to farm poor flaggers
any proves of my cheating?
nice try, nub

and... dont forget to ask your friends to "like" ur posts "against insufferable"
(fear slayer in line = gufukytwo)

slaaayerrr
04-25-2019, 10:43 AM
He cheated pve kills untill 1.2m pve then stopped months ago so we think he fair XD
i've lvlupped this toon at lvl56 expansion, so isnt it real to have 1,2m kills atm by rogue?
before u tell that - u can ask anybody of top guilds (i was almost in every of those guilds) and haD many friends if i cheated, or if anybody saw me in hauntlet

good luck, cheating kids

iloveu
04-25-2019, 11:04 AM
i've lvlupped this toon at lvl56 expansion, so isnt it real to have 1,2m kills atm by rogue?
before u tell that - u can ask anybody of top guilds (i was almost in every of those guilds) and haD many friends if i cheated, or if anybody saw me in hauntlet

good luck, cheating kids

none see you cause you in solo guild with your alovely gold buyer cause u got kicked from many guilds none can stand you bro cause you always trashtalk but you cheated aswell

slaaayerrr
04-25-2019, 11:13 AM
none see you cause you in solo guild with your alovely gold buyer cause u got kicked from many guilds none can stand you bro cause you always trashtalk but you cheated aswell

is she gold buyer? i only see that she buying some plats; i got kicked? i left them by myself; am i trashtalking? as we both see now, its u trying to trashtalk me and my spouce and calling me cheater only because u dont like me/or friend with gufuky/or just his 2nd forum account for TTing lmao
who are u, mister trashtalker?

Perceval
04-25-2019, 11:16 AM
PvP leader boards removed because "players can't control their cheating".

PvE leader boards kept because "players can't control their cheating".

Am I missing something? or was there deliberate intent to kill pvp from the start?

Idly
04-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Can we try to keep it on topic and drama free please guys. I'd like the community's opinion on the op, not more drama. Thanks :)

Marosok
04-25-2019, 12:35 PM
I am PvE player, i do not plan to run PvP just to have APS, so i will stay under max APS. And i am not losing my mind to not have max APS, ever. If more players agree, i would like to remove PvP APS too, and compensate players, who did those APS with simple rewards (such as unique banner or badge). If PvP APS remain (most likely), i am fine with it. You just wanted know our opinions, so i contributed. :D

Idly
04-25-2019, 01:34 PM
I am PvE player, i do not plan to run PvP just to have APS, so i will stay under max APS. And i am not losing my mind to not have max APS, ever. If more players agree, i would like to remove PvP APS too, and compensate players, who did those APS with simple rewards (such as unique banner or badge). If PvP APS remain (most likely), i am fine with it. You just wanted know our opinions, so i contributed. :D

I agree, it will very unlikely change, and not that big an issue for me either. Just a hot topic at the moment and I like to hear other views.

My main reason for suggesting a removal of those AP's is that for 90% of players, the PvP AP's are all that are left to achieve a LB spot, and 99% of the 90% cba with empty maps, gangers, flaggers, flagger gangers, TT+drama and all other negative things to do with PvP, and that is the only difference between top LB players and not (which for me is wrong)

Personally I'd like to see some extremely difficult AP's only for the most dedicated players (PvP AP's remaining would be fine IF there was 0 tolerance for dummy farming, as it is now its cheat to win)

Thankyou for your contribution to the thread :)

sier
04-25-2019, 11:53 PM
TL;DR; Dont remove Pvp APS thanks

Since there is already drama over Pve kills farming using Macros in hauntlet, removing pvp aps will only add fuel to fire. Let PvP aps stay and try to make it more active by bringing some changes to how PvP is played (new maps with different structure to win or lose rather than just be op and kill) . If the only reason for removing pvp aps is so that more people can reach LB ( or to avoid dummy farming ) then that seems unfair to players playing long time to achieve that goal. Anyone can create a new char and grind a lot in pve with average gear to get those aps.

Idly
04-26-2019, 01:14 AM
TL;DR; Dont remove Pvp APS thanks

Since there is already drama over Pve kills farming using Macros in hauntlet, removing pvp aps will only add fuel to fire. Let PvP aps stay and try to make it more active by bringing some changes to how PvP is played (new maps with different structure to win or lose rather than just be op and kill) . If the only reason for removing pvp aps is so that more people can reach LB ( or to avoid dummy farming ) then that seems unfair to players playing long time to achieve that goal. Anyone can create a new char and grind a lot in pve with average gear to get those aps.

Its not my intention to make it so that people can get on the leaderboard easily...I'd like it to be much harder to earn a spot, and when I look at the LB it'd be nice to see a bigger difference in AP's instead of rank via kills with (almost) everyone having max points.

My point is that the difference between LB and non LB is basically grinding the PvP AP's for 12 months + or cheating, which is not only boring AF but shows no ability/skill from the supposed best players.

Personally I have no problem with dummy farming for AP's if STS state it's legit... But if its legit to farm dummy to receive such a high honor as a LB spot then what's the point of the AP's and LB in the first place? if Its not legit why may so many players do it without consequence?

Pxoo
04-28-2019, 05:55 AM
Resetting kills would be a good fix...but how to prove which kills were dummies or legit over so many players and such a long time?

Unlike dummy farming, there is still a good chance you will be banned for botting pve (yes I'm aware many do bot) when the ban hammer finally swings there will be some salty "pro's" who wish they just ran the maps.good chance you will get banned for botting?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j3WBy0ZZeRk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJ9Y7VTasw
These videos were made 2 years ago, sent to sts, the player was reported multiple times etc...
That's a photo of the lb today.
Good chance [emoji23]
How can you prove it better than that? If that's not sufficient for sts, they will stay on lb forever.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190428/aec9ad53c9c98b1c600ed487b7eb8372.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

slaaayerrr
04-28-2019, 07:27 AM
good chance you will get banned for botting?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j3WBy0ZZeRk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJ9Y7VTasw
These videos were made 2 years ago, sent to sts, the player was reported multiple times etc...
That's a photo of the lb today.
Good chance [emoji23]
How can you prove it better than that? If that's not sufficient for sts, they will stay on lb forever.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190428/aec9ad53c9c98b1c600ed487b7eb8372.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

remember that tread was deleted, table just said "i was on work and playing by 1 hand" (same as ravagerx)

WiiCarlim
04-28-2019, 12:47 PM
No, ty. I got my PvP kills decently

Enviado de meu SM-G570M usando o Tapatalk

Allset
04-28-2019, 04:19 PM
That's a bad idea for a lot of reasons. The players on the lb have put in work. To take that work and flush it is just wrong.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Ravisher
04-29-2019, 02:11 AM
i'm also a PvE player so i have no plans in turning PvP very soon, specially with the drama happening in that zone nowadays.

but yes i support to remove the aps for PvP since the drama it creates is so alarming now. one more thing is we already have a reward for the most PvP kills (banner) most PvE kills (also have a banner reward) so maybe make the "top player" banner rewards for the aps alone.

lastly, the leaderboard "top player" was for the players who gave all their best and for the recognition they truly deserve but for the current situation people become top players out of nowhere they just pop out of nowhere and hits the lb rankings immediately, yes they do the aps in all around arlor which is a lot of effort (i myself is having troubles finishing all aps) but the hard work of getting all the aps from PvP is almost free nowadays you just need a partner or a dummy to do so, is that a worthy move to become a top player? i guess not. it's a shame to be in the lb recognition together with the players who truly worked their way to the lb with lots of effort.
(if people are going to say that pvp is dead etc etc well it's part of the game people don't come to pvp cuz of the imbalance etc etc so if pvp is dead what's the point of still having the aps for it? just maybe remove the aps and make the pvp a for fun zone for all the bored players.)

for that being said it's still sts decision. have a good day y'all

Willl
04-29-2019, 03:37 AM
Sorry but just NO. I don't see any reason why pvp aps should be removed. Pvp is a part of the game, half dead but it exists. Pvpers never dreamed to ask the removal of all dead pve aps that exist in maps no one runs anymore (all maps apart elite soutern gates, deepmarsh, and soon will be dead also mausoleum). The challanger in shuyal arena, no one runs arena, so shall we ask for its remove? Ofc no.. CTF is dead so lets remove all flags? Ofc no..
I have seen opinions based if they already got those aps, so they must stay, which is just selfish. If they ll gain those aps with a dummy or not its their problem towards sts, but it's very stupid bring up this problem at 5 days left from season ending where 99% of pve lb "top players" already dummied them all. Don't support this topic only to prevent other people taking your spot.
Peace