PDA

View Full Version : Tournament shield

Idevour
05-01-2019, 11:03 PM
I think tournament shields should once again become tradeable. I have been talking with some people that have tournament winner shields and most think that they should be tradeable so that the winner can do whatever they want with there prize.

The reason that they became untradeable was that you could gift them. But now that the favorite option has been added to the game this is no longer an issue. Now before someone says i am doing this for my own self interest like some did to jen when she suggested this before, i have no intention of selling mine if this becomes an option once again.

I have asked others and they feel the winner should have the option to do whatever they want to do with the prize that they earned. And since the white shield and the black shields are still tradeable i see no reason why the new ones are not.

Muzzling
05-01-2019, 11:09 PM
+1 i dont even have a tournament shield but i agree they should be tradeable because once again it is the players choice what to do with the prize he earned, especially because its not a guarantee that youll like the shield you get. Also the older tourney shields are tradeable.

Absolize
05-01-2019, 11:13 PM
I agree.

I, myself, do not plan on selling my shield at this time also. But I feel like the winners should have that option if they choose to sell it, considering it’s a prize and you should be able to do what you please with your prize. And like you stated the white and black ones are still able to be traded so I feel as if all of them should have that option.

Dolloway
05-01-2019, 11:49 PM
New tournament shields should stay untradable.

Making them tradable opens up the strong possibility of people buying them on the black market like people do with other rare items (like the tradable black and white tournament shields). When rare items such as these shields are untradable and someone sells an account with one, they can be easily tracked and banned. This heavily discourages account buying and selling.

Making them tradable will also cause you to become a target for scams, hacking, and so forth.

Do we really want more items to become meaningless, where people can claim they won a pvp tournament when in reality they bought the shield on the black market or paid over a billion in gold/items for it? You know some people will do whatever it takes to get their hands on an item. It's made practically every tradable item in this game meaningless, from black and white pvp tournament shields to Mantle of Humania to Guardian of Alterra shields which is perhaps the worst case of them all.

I don't want to see this happen.

killinclaw
05-01-2019, 11:52 PM
I think the shield shield should be tradeable as well as that I see no reason anymore to keep it character bound. The door was opened when Founders and COP became tradeable, as well as the egg, and many other items.

killinclaw
05-02-2019, 12:00 AM
For example my participation shield from the last tournament. I don't even wear it, just sits in a box in the basement of guild hall. Would I sell it to someone who likes it? Maybe. Maybe yes. But it's my choice.

Fwend
05-02-2019, 04:53 AM
The ability to trade earned exclusive items on game have always been a talking point. Now the specific items in question are the current tourney shields achieved from last year on wards.

I can see and understand both the positive and negative reasoning behind why these exclusive items can not be traded.

Winners and those who achieved the shields should personally have a choice to sell their shields or give them away.

But with the exclusive items having the ability to trade, encourages scamming, the black market, hacking for those desiring the hard earned items.

On the flip side having the items account locked can also encourage these activities for those wishing to sell their accounts.

What is the best for the game and our community? To satisfy most with the shields and those desiring them?
That within itself is the question we all should consider.

The trend on AL is the same with the leader board banners account bound. Food for thought. Think of the bigger picture and why this is the case?

ImRandy
05-02-2019, 05:16 AM
STS made this decision a couple years ago when all items were made tradeable. It’s only a matter of time before it will have to be done again. Sooner the better IMO.

Yogaa
05-02-2019, 06:54 AM
Agree, maybe with 50 platinum cost to make the shield tradeable? Sounds good to me.

Absolize
05-02-2019, 08:21 AM
Agree, maybe with 50 platinum cost to make the shield tradeable? Sounds good to me.

That seems fair too!

XghostzX
05-02-2019, 10:00 AM
I definitely understand the argument, but to counter, you will certainly become a target for hacking if this becomes the case, as Dolloway mentioned. Unfortunately I learned that hacking is an all too real thing in PL.

Buchmeister
05-02-2019, 12:59 PM
It should stay untradable, it's already a shame Cinco made the old ones tradable. If you have a tournament shield, it's because YOU won that tournament. They shouldn't be made into money making tools like everything else in the game has been.

Mastervoodoo
05-02-2019, 01:05 PM
The 50 plat idea for changing them to trade able would be an excellent idea, as far as this encouraging black market traders and account scammers makes no sense, the people who are gonna do so are gonna do so, it’ll continue to happen regardless of if tournament shields have the ability to be reverted to trade able using plat. I 100% agree with the idea of using plat to revert them to a trade able form.

Mastervoodoo
05-02-2019, 01:18 PM
And I mean no disrespect but you’re contradicting yourself about people buying the shields. You traded hahahabirdy an item for his black tournament shield that he won from l66 tournament . Just saying ����*♂️

Idevour
05-02-2019, 01:21 PM
And I mean no disrespect but you’re contradicting yourself about people buying the shields. You traded hahahabirdy an item for his black tournament shield that he won from l66 tournament . Just saying ����*♂️

Who are you talking about? Because if it is me i do not have a black shield and i have never owned one.

Idevour
05-02-2019, 03:33 PM
And I mean no disrespect but you’re contradicting yourself about people buying the shields. You traded hahahabirdy an item for his black tournament shield that he won from l66 tournament . Just saying

Who are you talking about when you say this?

Mastervoodoo
05-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Who are you talking about when you say this?

I’m talking about dolloway. And ghost is my buddy , but his black tourney shield was gifted to him (terribly sorry that he lost it the way he did), so with that being said , dolloway not agreeing with making the shields trade able is kinda hypocritical , especially stating “people stating they won the tournament when they didn’t” etc. not trying to be rude it’s just facts.

Mastervoodoo
05-02-2019, 03:46 PM
And just because one person was hacked and lost a trade able item , when being hacked probably happens to people all the time, doesn’t make sense as to why that would be a good point in not making the shields trade able lol. People worked hard for mantles and cap vanities . But they’re trade able . Same with black dragon and elite l71 quest items .

XghostzX
05-02-2019, 04:22 PM
I’m talking about dolloway. And ghost is my buddy , but his black tourney shield was gifted to him (terribly sorry that he lost it the way he did), so with that being said , dolloway not agreeing with making the shields trade able is kinda hypocritical , especially stating “people stating they won the tournament when they didn’t” etc. not trying to be rude it’s just facts.

That's a valid point, but strictly from my experience, the community was vastly different years ago. You generally did not have to worry about your account being hacked in the day (that is, I never witnessed an incident of anyone in the community being hacked). It was an exceptionally less toxic community, particularly when we had multiple devs/mods monitoring the game (right now, we only have Cinco). In the last months or so, I've heard of about 4-5 hackings. Not to mention... Hahahabirdy won pretty much every tournament he entered, believe me when I say it – he had an abundance of tournament shields :)

But yes, I definitely see where you're coming from.

3pc
05-02-2019, 05:34 PM
I think we should keep the black and whites tradeable as they are already and just start paving a way for new items like the new tourney shields to be character locked.

Mastervoodoo
05-02-2019, 05:44 PM
That's a valid point, but strictly from my experience, the community was vastly different years ago. You generally did not have to worry about your account being hacked in the day (that is, I never witnessed an incident of anyone in the community being hacked). It was an exceptionally less toxic community, particularly when we had multiple devs/mods monitoring the game (right now, we only have Cinco). In the last months or so, I've heard of about 4-5 hackings. Not to mention... Hahahabirdy won pretty much every tournament he entered, believe me when I say it – he had an abundance of tournament shields :)

But yes, I definitely see where you're coming from.

Makes sense buddy, it’s more toxic definitely , and cinco can’t fix it all himself , and everything already is tradeable, so what would it matter imo. Cinco will probably over look this thread anyways, just a few us thought that making them revertable to trade friendly via a small plat cost would be a cool thing to do. But it is what it is , good to see people’s opinions

Ortalan
05-02-2019, 05:55 PM
"Getting hacked" is some kind of gamer jargon that translates as "not being careful with your account information." If people could just hack accounts at will, everyone would be getting hacked all the time. Especially large, wealthy accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XghostzX
05-02-2019, 06:06 PM
"Getting hacked" is some kind of gamer jargon that translates as "not being careful with your account information." If people could just hack accounts at will, everyone would be getting hacked all the time. Especially large, wealthy accounts.

You're right. I should say, I wasn't at all thinking about updating my account information. It never occurred to me, nor did I realize how easy it was, but in the context I've been using it, it certainly happens. The issue of hacking is also amplified when you're in a small community.

Mastervoodoo
05-02-2019, 06:44 PM
Well the real topic here is whether or not shields should be trade able. Everyone other item in game can be traded , I think it’s only fair that won items can be trade able. That’s what makes it a prize . Key word , PRIZE. To do with what you want , and someone made a smart comment. If the person wins and doesn’t like it , what’s the point , when someone else likes it and is willing to trade for it . You know?

Absolize
05-02-2019, 08:10 PM
As Mastervoodoo stated the owners of the black and white tournament shields are able to sell/buy/trade them as they please. I feel like the other winners should have the same benefits also, I’m not being biased just because I have a shield that can’t be traded like I said because I don’t plan on selling mine. I just feel as if we should have the freedom that others have.

killinclaw
05-02-2019, 10:23 PM
The idea of using plat to make them tradeable is kind of ridiculous imo. How much plat are we talking about? 2 plat? 200 plat, or 200k plat? Its pointless, what about 5mill plat? So if Cinco agrees, then the the tourney shields will be available for 5 mill plat. So if anyone wants to make their shield tradeable then they have to use 5 mill plat. Everyone's happy right?
Do you see where I'm going here? I see no sense in the idea of plat. Plat is real world monetary items that supports Cinco and STS, yes to me they'll always be STS, not STG, and our topic here is about making the tourney shields tradable, not to make sales. It's not like theres 3k shields floating around and whoever can just convert it into a tradeable version just has to fork up 50 plat and the rest of the world is all good. Or even 2k plat, or 10k, etc.
The idea and topic of this discussion is to make it tradeable or not, I say yes. Like I said in an earlier post, the door was open when founders and cop were made tradeable. And this will just be another item later in the future. Back in 2010 I missed Founders by a month or 2, always regretted it, then it was made tradeable, I bought it and have it till this day. Just an example.
Sorry for the long post, just my 4 cents.

Yogaa
05-02-2019, 10:37 PM
The idea of using plat to make them tradeable is kind of ridiculous imo. How much plat are we talking about? 2 plat? 200 plat, or 200k plat? Its pointless, what about 5mill plat? So if Cinco agrees, then the the tourney shields will be available for 5 mill plat. So if anyone wants to make their shield tradeable then they have to use 5 mill plat. Everyone's happy right?
Do you see where I'm going here? I see no sense in the idea of plat. Plat is real world monetary items that supports Cinco and STS, yes to me they'll always be STS, not STG, and our topic here is about making the tourney shields tradable, not to make sales. It's not like theres 3k shields floating around and whoever can just convert it into a tradeable version just has to fork up 50 plat and the rest of the world is all good. Or even 2k plat, or 10k, etc.
The idea and topic of this discussion is to make it tradeable or not, I say yes. Like I said in an earlier post, the door was open when founders and cop were made tradeable. And this will just be another item later in the future. Back in 2010 I missed Founders by a month or 2, always regretted it, then it was made tradeable, I bought it and have it till this day. Just an example.
Sorry for the long post, just my 4 cents.I'm sure Cinco will love this idea why?
Because it makes money for Sts.

How much platinum needed to make the shields tradeable is up to Cinco.

This idea was suggested to help both Sts and players who has the shields.

I believe it won't be a problem to spend a few platinum to make them tradeable.

Mastervoodoo
05-03-2019, 04:31 AM
Couldn’t agree with you guys more ☺️

NukeDragon
05-03-2019, 11:34 PM
I personally wanna keep the shields untradable or make participation shields tradable and not the winner ones. But that’s my 2¢.

killinclaw
05-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Should be all shields or none that's made tradeable. My nickel.

Buchmeister
05-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Just keep everything related to tournament prizes untradable. If you want one, wait for a tournament to be hosted or host your own and win. They're tournament prizes not "be rich and buy one to make yourself feel special" lol. That's my quarter.

plpr
05-04-2019, 03:46 PM
It would be nice if Cinco added on the ones that are untradeable earned by (player name) on the date won. If they consider making them tradable I hope the signature is added to them first. I remember reading about this idea somewhere so thanks to whoever it was that made it credit to you.

Idevour
05-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Just keep everything related to tournament prizes untradable. If you want one, wait for a tournament to be hosted or host your own and win. They're tournament prizes not "be rich and buy one to make yourself feel special" lol. That's my quarter.

Thing is usually you can whatever you wamt with the prize.

Buchmeister
05-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Thing is usually you can whatever you wamt with the prize.

True but should anyone else do whatever they want with your prize? If you want tradable vanities, don't do pvp tourneys lol

Idevour
05-04-2019, 08:58 PM
True but should anyone else do whatever they want with your prize? If you want tradable vanities, don't do pvp tourneys lol

I do not know what you are trying to say.... should anyone be able to do whatever they want with my prize?

Buchmeister
05-04-2019, 09:55 PM
I do not know what you are trying to say.... should anyone be able to do whatever they want with my prize?

It's YOUR prize, honestly you shouldn't be able to sell it because then it doesn't become yours anymore. YOU won it, nobody else did. They shouldn't be used as merch items tbh.

killinclaw
05-05-2019, 01:51 AM
Buchmeister aka Scario!! How dare you up my nickel by your quarter! I challenge you kind sir next time I see in the town of Oktal, we must
Thumbwrestle!!
And to the death!

Buchmeister
05-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Buchmeister aka Scario!! How dare you up my nickel by your quarter! I challenge you kind sir next time I see in the town of Oktal, we must
Thumbwrestle!!
And to the death!

En garde, ruffian!

Mastervoodoo
05-05-2019, 11:49 AM
It's YOUR prize, honestly you shouldn't be able to sell it because then it doesn't become yours anymore. YOU won it, nobody else did. They shouldn't be used as merch items tbh.

I’m sorry but this comment serves no valid point once so ever, it’s actually un interpretable. Please explain further. If you trade an item to someone , it is no longer considered yours, but rather their item now. So they wouldn’t be doing anything with “your” item other than buying it, making it “their” item now. Can’t help but be dumb founded at this comment lol.

Mastervoodoo
05-05-2019, 11:51 AM
It would be nice if Cinco added on the ones that are untradeable earned by (player name) on the date won. If they consider making them tradable I hope the signature is added to them first. I remember reading about this idea somewhere so thanks to whoever it was that made it credit to you.

Honestly if cinco isn’t willing to make the shields trade able. This is an alternate / amazing idea that I’d love to see happen. That sounds incredible . Like put the name right about the skull.

Cinco
05-05-2019, 12:38 PM
The shields that I made for specific tournaments were not intended to be trade-friendly.

I sense that offering items as rewards is a no-go for future tournaments and I'm cool with that.

Maybe we can come up with a way to award unique 'Titles' for players (combining the players' desire for a unique branding and my desire for unique rewards to remain unique).

Cinco
05-05-2019, 12:39 PM
The shields that I made for specific tournaments were not intended to be trade-friendly.

I sense that offering items as rewards is a no-go for future tournaments and I'm cool with that.

Maybe we can come up with a way to award unique 'Titles' for players (combining the players' desire for a unique branding and my desire for unique rewards to remain unique).

Mastervoodoo
05-05-2019, 12:49 PM

Unique titles sound cool, but there’s already unique titles obtained from previous achievements etc. would you ever be willing to consider adding a unique helmet? To change things up? A white crown of persistence with a black skull would have people going wild lol.

Buchmeister
05-05-2019, 02:15 PM
I’m sorry but this comment serves no valid point once so ever, it’s actually un interpretable. Please explain further. If you trade an item to someone , it is no longer considered yours, but rather their item now. So they wouldn’t be doing anything with “your” item other than buying it, making it “their” item now. Can’t help but be dumb founded at this comment lol.

You shouldn't be, since it isn't hard to understand. Like Cinco said, they aren't intended to be trade-friendly. A tournament prize is a tournament prize, not something you can just instantly pawn away for money since that's what I've heard some people have done (or get scammed out of them).

Mastervoodoo
05-05-2019, 02:33 PM
You shouldn't be, since it isn't hard to understand. Like Cinco said, they aren't intended to be trade-friendly. A tournament prize is a tournament prize, not something you can just instantly pawn away for money since that's what I've heard some people have done (or get scammed out of them).

You’re saying that a player shouldn’t be allowed to do what he wishes with his earned item because another player will have it and also be able to do whatever with it. It makes no sense cause it’s an ignorant thing to say in general lol. But I guess it’s easy to say coming from someone who hasn’t ever won one. It’s actually rather salty.

Cinco
05-05-2019, 02:40 PM
Ugh. Closing.