PDA

View Full Version : Update Rumors

Killerade
12-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Ok guys or most likely the Devs. There has been plenty of rumors about when the update is gonna be released. Some say Dec 14th some people say this coming Friday. How bout giving us an official date now? There are pros and cons in doing this.
Pros:
-People will know when and they have to finish their run to lvl 36 thus some of them will probably start purchasing exp elixirs which costs plat which is money. (everyone wins, they get their elite helm and u guys get some money)
-People can't complain that they did not get a warning about the next update, thus less flame so if they dont make it it's their completely at fault.
-People will know when they will buy platinums and thats a good thing
Cons:
-no surprise?
-it actually puts u guys in a deadline which causes stress

P.S. If u guys disagree or agree comment i actually wanna hear yur take on this. Also this is not a flame thread or whining about something im just curious.
also OP is my main and im already lvl 36 so please don't think im just buying time.

Bakoffmycandy
12-07-2011, 01:57 AM
They do not want to be held to an official date because dates are always subject to change. At least they are giving us a close reference when it will be. Was announced for mid Dec long ago giving people a good estimate of how much time they have to reach there goals.

Xaphan Fox
12-07-2011, 03:10 AM
They do not want to be held to an official date because dates are always subject to change. At least they are giving us a close reference when it will be. Was announced for mid Dec long ago giving people a good estimate of how much time they have to reach there goals.

Not entirely:

If they dont know what time next week, thats fine. But on monday, when they know its coming out on tuesday, tell us its ready, give everyone 24 hours notice, and just release it wednesday.
People have time and money invested on their journey to cap. I bet someone would like to not buy 100 plat or whatever on an effort that is futile cause the exp is coming out that morning, and no one knows.

I get their reasoning, but their hands are not tied. Communication *can* happen, and this transition can be peaceful if they chose to make it so.

Testament
Sparkling Pwnies

ninjaduck
12-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Giving a rough time-space is better than giving a date and then havin to postpone and postpone.

Beanmachine
12-07-2011, 03:30 AM
I believe they can't give an exact date because the Apple Store needs to approve their update, taking around 5 working days approx. Sometimes it takes longer, therefore STS doesn't want to disappoint us from the delay. Please correct me if I'm a bit off.

Slant
12-07-2011, 03:43 AM
hmm... ^ only client updates have to be approved by the stores no? blv they can push those patch updates whenever they want

LilMiss
12-07-2011, 04:04 AM
Cap and new map is a client update would love to know myself have toons @ 35 I don't want to waste plat on if update is friday

Samhayne
12-07-2011, 05:08 AM
We will let you know!

krazii
12-07-2011, 01:55 PM
We will let you know!

Please a few days ahead of time!!!!

Carth
12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
We will let you know!
That makes me feel so much better! Thank you! I'll be sure to buy 2000 platinum on Christmas day in return. :D

Note: I was going to purchase 2000 plat on Christmas day anyway. :)

StompArtist
12-07-2011, 02:31 PM
From reliable sources I can confirm that it will be dec 15th give or take 2 weeks.

roufus
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
And where are the new armor teasers at come on already I wanna see some gear not a busted spaceship I can't fly

Fac3bon3s
12-07-2011, 04:43 PM
And where are the new armor teasers at come on already I wanna see some gear not a busted spaceship I can't fly
Rumour has it the engineers revive will work on the space ship.

BodMaster
12-07-2011, 04:52 PM
From reliable sources I can confirm that it will be dec 15th give or take 2 weeks.

Lmao!

The 14th thing was a big misunderstanding, they read a date wrong from the official SL page saying new content being released 11.14.11 (which was the date the post was made) misread thinkin it said 12.14.11 somehow, did clear it up but it spread like wildfire without seeing what this really meant. Oh well.. If it happens to be released on 14th its goin to be a total coincidence ;)

Killerade
12-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I accidentally started that 14th thing and i'm sorry D:I totally misread 11 and thought it was 12. yea i really screwed up but then again all of us screws up once in a while. I think i also wrote back in the same thread saying that it was a misunderstanding.

Chabone
12-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Well dec 14 would be to late

Chabone
12-07-2011, 05:48 PM
But from a Business point wait until close to christmas then you can get money from all those itunes gift cards

octavos
12-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Lmao!

The 14th thing was a big misunderstanding, they read a date wrong from the official SL page saying new content being released 11.14.11 (which was the date the post was made) misread thinkin it said 12.14.11 somehow, did clear it up but it spread like wildfire without seeing what this really meant. Oh well.. If it happens to be released on 14th its goin to be a total coincidence ;)

wich is partly my fault, im A.D.D lol

Chabone
12-07-2011, 06:07 PM
It would be good for the dev to release the update this friday work out the bugs next week then take a long vacation

krazii
12-07-2011, 08:24 PM
It would be good for the dev to release the update this friday work out the bugs next week then take a long vacation

Noooo!!!!!!!, Updates need to be released on Monday's, so they are there to fix the bugs during the week. SL is a Dev ghost town on the weekends. (Plus, I don't play on weekends :P)

Pharcyde
12-07-2011, 08:26 PM
This might help: Devs have only been perfectly on time once with a cap update. So take their estimate + a few days, thats usually how much time you have before cap.

Chabone
12-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Every one need to just chill on the update I rather they get everything right the first time instead of rushing a update that is full of bugs.
And They could let us test out the beta version of Dark Legend in the meantime:cheerful:

LelouchX
12-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Every one need to just chill on the update I rather they get everything right the first time instead of rushing a update that is full of bugs.
And They could let us test out the beta version of Dark Legend in the meantime:cheerful:
i think everyone is "chilled" on this thread. we are just trying to figure out if it is a wast of money to try to get from 35-36. If i have one day to get 50k xp and i think i have 3, i'll spend the plat, but then i won't make it 36 in time. plenty of us spend enough plat and i don't think asking for a day is very demanding of us loyal gamers here. sam has been so kind to reply on this thread saying they would let us know.

also, i think it would take the power of Cronus and Rhea combined to "get everything right the first time." gotta expect the occasional bug, comes with the territory (this isn't me saying devs fudge everything up, u guys do a great job, thanks and keep it up!)